The Sisterhood of Dibella LE (February 2023)

4 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Just curious. When do you plan to post the next update for SE? 

The next update for LE will be out by Sunday this week. 

The SE version will depend on who is available to convert it (I don't use SE myself yet).

That could be days or more if people are busy.

I can't get the quest to start on SE. The Traveling Sisters and Senna have the Beauty dialogues and all, but no quests. I can see all the modifications to the Temple as well as find clovers around. I've loaded it pretty late, so I don't think anything is overriding it. Does anyone know what could cause this?

8 minutes ago, DewyCave said:

I can't get the quest to start on SE. The Traveling Sisters and Senna have the Beauty dialogues and all, but no quests. I can see all the modifications to the Temple as well as find clovers around. I've loaded it pretty late, so I don't think anything is overriding it. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Are you sure you downloaded the SE version?

1 hour ago, DewyCave said:

You don't see any new topic? like 'can you make me beautiful' when you talk to Senna or other sisters?

54 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

You don't see any new topic? like 'can you make me beautiful' when you talk to Senna or other sisters?

I can see this one, and the one you donate 50 gold.

38 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Because things get baked into a new game, there is no such thing as a new save. You'll find lots folks swearing that's wrong, but that's how the Skyrim engine works.

Yep, new game fixed it. Even saves from before leaving the Alternate Start cell didn't work. That means tomorrow I'll spend an hour setting things up in the MCM lol

Sometimes I just push my luck and mods work mid save, but I know it's my fault when they break. Thanks, though :)

I have a question about the SE version. New game, and I still observe that before doing the quests and rescuing the Sybil:

* Senna wears the pure clothing.

* If you sneak into the inner sanctum, all the sisters already wear the corrupted clothing.

I have both the Sisterhood SE and Sisterhood Sisters SE mods installed. 

According to the description:

- DibellaSisterhoodSisters<xxx>.7z is an optional addon if you want to see the sisters wear different custom outfits depending on their level of corruption or purity. If you don't care about their looks, you can ignore it.

If that's the case, shouldn't they all wear the pure clothing before taking any quest actions? Starting from a new game each time, I've tried different variations of starting the quests:

* Starting off with the "Joining the Sisterhood" quest and being prompted to enter the  Inner Sanctum.

* Sneaking into the Inner Sanctum first and doing the vanilla rescue the Sybil quest.

In either case, the sisters start off wearing corrupted clothing. Is this by design? If not, did I do something wrong on my end? Does something in the mod need to be massaged? 

On a related note -- i.e., clothing -- I notice that whether I or any NPC wears the travelling sister hood, the face gets replaced with the same vanilla-style face. Often making the wearer unrecognizable. If that's a limitation of the clothing item (i.e., you need to insert some static face or the face becomes blue or invisible) maybe you could replace the face with a mask? Just an idea. 

2 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

I have a question about the SE version. New game, and I still observe that before doing the quests and rescuing the Sybil:

* Senna wears the pure clothing.

* If you sneak into the inner sanctum, all the sisters already wear the corrupted clothing.

I have both the Sisterhood SE and Sisterhood Sisters SE mods installed. 

According to the description:

If that's the case, shouldn't they all wear the pure clothing before taking any quest actions? Starting from a new game each time, I've tried different variations of starting the quests:

* Starting off with the "Joining the Sisterhood" quest and being prompted to enter the  Inner Sanctum.

* Sneaking into the Inner Sanctum first and doing the vanilla rescue the Sybil quest.

In either case, the sisters start off wearing corrupted clothing. Is this by design? If not, did I do something wrong on my end? Does something in the mod need to be massaged? 

On a related note -- i.e., clothing -- I notice that whether I or any NPC wears the travelling sister hood, the face gets replaced with the same vanilla-style face. Often making the wearer unrecognizable. If that's a limitation of the clothing item (i.e., you need to insert some static face or the face becomes blue or invisible) maybe you could replace the face with a mask? Just an idea. 

It is by design... corruption is already under way when you arrive at the temple.

I never noticed that with the travelling sister hood. That should not be happening... it is a plain old hood with a different texture.

14 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

It is by design... corruption is already under way when you arrive at the temple.

I never noticed that with the travelling sister hood. That should not be happening... it is a plain old hood with a different texture.

As far as the hood is concerned, maybe it's because you're using LE? (I'm inferring, based on earlier statements.) 

I'm using SE and have CBBE 3BA installed. I do have Bijin and Pandorable installed, but I noticed that face issue on Hamal, my own character, and even vanilla NPCs. Maybe it's an SE and/or CBBE 3BA thing?

Edited by TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft
1 hour ago, mircislav said:

Just random stuff... nothing exotic,

I like to use it as my personal donation box (lore-friendly way to ditch acquired valuables in there to maintain game balance).

Which would make it somewhat part of a feature request list:

• Very similar to the existing donations: added radiant quest option to make your own personal donation to the temple. Either in that donation box or into a similar container
    • get request from Hamal/Senna
    • randomized: acquire  <amount> of <item> or  items of <value>
    • dump it in there
    • done
    • return to Hamal/Senna to get the next request

Food, clothing or stuff to repair things should always be plausible. Depending on the players path, other stuff might be interesting, too.

<Value> is just my idea to ditch random loot of <value>  in there.

Edited by worik
5 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Different question. At what point do I get a key to the donation chest in the top floor of the Markarth temple? Not that I'm hurting for gold, but I've been curious what's actually in it. I've finished all the quests and even made 5 rounds of 10 donations each, and still haven't received a key.

You should get access to it after you retrieve the letters from the two missing sisters.