Creature Animation Overhaul [WiP]

Suludi

Very interesting. I would definatelly use additional animations for my were-beasts in Nature of the beast 2 mod. Have you ever considered sleeping animation or drinking animation? They would certainly enhance immersion. How about a climbing animation? Skyrim has one but its good only for one scene. I had terrible problems with it while impementing climbing ability. In the end I have succeded but with a new one I could make it better. It would be also awesome to give climbing animations to argonians/khajiits. I already have the script for it. Just no proper animation.

If you grasp the basics you could make flying/gliding animations for some winged beast that uses werewolf animations by cooperating with Aliens218. Again I could make flying/gliding scripts. I have done it back there in Oblivion. I was lucky there since a working model was already available. If you are interested in the subject check out Dragorianand Dranaugh Races Reworked mod to get the idea what Im talking about.

I could definitely go for a sleep mod, since the one is was using before (Another Sleep Mod on the Nexus) has been removed(AFAIK).

The major problem with that mod is that it only worked on certain beds in certain locations. Although, it did solve the whole "eyes stayed closed on wake-up" bug.

Anyway, I'mma track this for now.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I personally don't use the "Nature of the Beast II" mod, but I'd love to be able to climb walls in beast form through a standalone mod. And the animations you've made so far looks great, despite the jittering. Hoping to see more and good luck!

Thank you! I've tracked the jittering down to the "Jump + Run Token" mod I have, plus Werewolf Mastery which has a speed increase perk. The animation just doesn't work with a faster timer, which is bad.

But the mod is on hiatus anyway cause I'm now at a point where repairing Autodesk is one of my last priorities. Which really annoys me but finding a job and keeping the apartmaent is slightly more important right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Over 400 reads and only one reply? Is this project so uninteresting? :(

Not at all, this is according to me the the-most-essential mod since I installed FNIS Creatures. I always loved playing werewolf but hated both the look of it (to bulky, wrong posure and two-legged walking). I also disliked the abscense of werewolf lore, no forced transformations.

So now these are my top Beast mods;

Moonlight Tales/ Tales of Lycantrophy

Nature of the Beast II

Beastial Hunger 

Beast Run Animation

and.. 

once your mod is completed (or at least a playable state) it will be right there in the top five. 

I am now going to download the test version.

I am keeping a sharp eye on this project.

Also I like to make an suggestion, for the sleep animation, would it be doable to have the werewolf crawl into a circle. With legs under the body and face against the side and the tail covering the face/eyes?

Johan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Mannimarco, I know it looks weird. I was in the process of adjusting hip and shoulder movement when 3ds Max collapsed and wouldn't let me finish or export any animation ever again. So I stopped working on it cause RL also collapsed on top of me. And then, four weels ago now, my entire harddrive imploded and shot all my data into space. Maybe I'll get everything back, maybe not. I'll find out next week, and then I'll know if there is anything left to work with or if I have to start all over again.

I'm sorry. I had really high hopes for this cause most of Skyrim's beast animations suck big time and I saw lots of room for improvement.

• 8 months later...

Hello Suludi I was looking for a mod that improves the werewolf animations and saw this. What your doing here is amazing and I don't think you should give up , I for one think the animations as they are , are perfect except the jittering ect. But I can imagine without these bugs it would be an amazing mod keep working at it. Also I would suggest bringing the mod to nexus as it will reach more people and you could get more help from there. Possibly contact the creator of moonlight tales or Werewolf Beast Run Animation.

Don't give up.

• 2 months later...

I've just finished reading this thread, that turned from magical to sad really quickly. x-x Oh boy Suludi I'm so sorry, you were so motivated and developing so quickly, then everything broke.  When it was just 3DS Max I was hoping to read that you'd reinstalled it or reformatted or something and you could access your files again, but now your hard drive too, that sounds so much worse.  <_> 

I found this thread because I love wolves 'n werewolves and want the ones in Skyrim to have a lot more going for them, and what you were making is so amazing!  I was really high with excitement while reading about all of the uses and situations for your animations, (ahah plus that you've made sexual ones too) but software and data problems. :(

I wonder if you still have the hard drive, and what your computer and 3DS Max situation is now.  Well your determination that I read today was really uplifting and your animation skills are rad.  Whatever you're doing now, happy werewolf sex!

• 11 months later...

Hey Suludi. I'm really sorry about what happened :( I was looking forward to seeing more of this. However, if someone were to pick up where you left off, would that be okay? I'm not actually an animator but I could learn (I've only ever done stick figure animation lol). I use blender over 3ds or maya and I might be able to get something working.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, and thank you especially for your kind words, Voldearag! My life has taken a really bad turn in the past few years, so I had to abandon almost everything that wasn't needed for survival. If you want to take off where I stopped, you're most welcome. I started looking into Blender for animation but although I like Blender, I have horrible difficulties in getting the skeletons to animate. Apparently I'm not half as good an animator as I thought. And I don't have the time to look deeper into it right now, so feel free to take anything I did, and improve it for all us werewolf lovers out here. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Spoiler
1 minute ago, Cyber_Wolf said:

Hey, nice animations!

is there a way to add animations without replacing any vanilla animations?

i would like to add new animations for a new creature I am making, plus have the creature as player transformation and I would like to know if there’s a possible way to do this

You would do well to look at the SexLab Animation Loader modpage and support thread where these issues are discussed in detail. If you can't find what you want there post your question and the people there will be very helpful. Billyy (of Billyy's animations) has made a career of doing just what you are asking. So I know it can be done but they are the ones to tell you how to do it.

Archived