LL Oblivion Gallery (general screenshots thread)

Thanks dogonporch.  The mod really needed a lot more work to properly blend the human parts of the body with the machine parts and I did tryout a few more texture variations, but wasn't really happy with them.  Then life happened for three years and I stopped playing Oblivion until returning recently.  Unfortunately I've seemed to have lost all the textures for this mod and I wouldn't know where to start to remake it again.  The idea was based around the clockwork mannikins from Morrowind, but quickly turned all steampunky.

After a lot of mucking around with the textures and making mistakes and making my head hurt I have this which I'm reasonably happy with.  Not so pale on the body texture now and the detailing has better definition.

Edit: In life she would have been from a vanished race of Lake Elves.  Sharp faced slightly built creatures with slanted eyes.  I'm not really that impressed by Elf races that are just humans with pointy ears.  

Test Textures.jpg

3 hours ago, Jack of All Trades said:

With all due respect, Movomo, while a certain level of etiquette must be maintained, this is not an echo-chamber. While I will not express my opinions in a rude manner, as that would be in conflict with the rules of this board, I will express them nonetheless. I believed it was odd that the gauntlets were still present, that is all. In all honesty, I merely believed that they just forgot to take them off, and was making light of it, or being cheeky, as DogOnPorch described. In terms of the body texture, as ForeverSleep expressed in a previous post, their character is a work in progress, therefore I merely wished to provide criticism to improve their zombie-esque character, keeping realism and logic in mind. I am not taking ForeverSleep's right to disagree away from them, they can say "No, thank you." and I will honor it.

I guess I overreacted as I felt that post was offending. I think your response was more leveled than and not quite like what I expected. I applogize for my previous blunt post to you. I'm sorry and I hope you get along with Foreversleep.

5 minutes ago, foreversleep said:

After a lot of mucking around with the textures and making mistakes and making my head hurt I have this which I'm reasonably happy with.  Not so pale on the body texture now and the detailing has better definition.

Test Textures.jpg

Yeah...that's the ticket. Well done.

26 minutes ago, movomo said:

I guess I overreacted as I felt that post was offending. I think your response was more leveled than and not quite like what I expected. I applogize for my previous blunt post to you. I'm sorry and I hope you get along with Foreversleep.

We're good, don't worry about.  If Jack Of All Trades hadn't commented on my post I wouldn't have stirred myself out of my sleepy fug to do something about those body textures.

Thanks dogonporch. I tried various things that didn't work and my test character in that cell was starting to wonder what I was doing to her and if I could be trusted with a copy of Paint.NET.  But then I saw what I was doing wrong and it went better after that.  I will still do a body version with protective tattoos, - but not today.

2 hours ago, foreversleep said:

Thanks dogonporch. I tried various things that didn't work and my test character in that cell was starting to wonder what I was doing to her and if I could be trusted with a copy of Paint.NET.  But then I saw what I was doing wrong and it went better after that.  I will still do a body version with protective tattoos, - but not today.

If paint.net isn't working out for you, try getting Gimp and the DDS plugin for it. It's far superior in terms of possibilities and complexity. 

I use Paint.NET for most things and it does work Ok for me.  The problem was more about me and my stupid sleepy brain than any fault in Paint.NET.  I have Gimp as well and I do use it sometimes should I need its extra features, but for more basic stuff I just use Paint.NET.

00.jpg

3 years-worth of torches? Check.

Menstrual cycle? Check.

Uncomfortably tight clothing? Check.

Time to ruin a peaceful village's spiritual leader's day.

01.jpg

And his village's co-leader's day.

Spoiler

02.jpg

Here lies the peaceful town of Bleaker's Way where Mephala wants Heroine-chan to wreck havoc and cause discord and dismay.

03.jpg

"Hail, revered town elder! I am merely a passing fortuneteller, weary of long travel, seeking a shelter in this fair community. obtw I sense a grave danger in thou in the near future. However, I do know of a secret ritual that could lift the curse. It is within my power to perform the rite for thee... for a fee, of course."

"Oh? Thy great insight belies thine age...  Then I shall hear of this ritual, fair lady... *tee-hee*..."

"*Tee-hee*... I must extract the essence of bad luck that is plaguing your very soul, so that I can cleanse it..."

04.jpg

"And what is this piece of cloth, missy?"

"T'is a magical charm that protects you from the harmful magicka that is emitted as I struggle to negate the essence. You may feel a wee bit sick, but worry not - it's totally normal. You must wear it after the ritual and sleep wearing it..."

"Anything to have fun wi-, h-have my curse removed, young lady!"

05.jpg

"Hrrrrrrnnnnnnggg... I feel.... my... essence of bad luck.... taken... away.......!!"

"Hrrrrrrnnnnnnggg... must.... purify.... essence....!!"

06.jpg

No sleep is quite sweet like the one after a hard work.

06-1.jpg

Mighty fine morning...

07.jpg

Mighty fine killing!

"Poor old man. He came the moment he inserted his. And he died the moment he came.... there was nothing I could do..."

08.jpg

Never sleep with a passing fortuneteller you do not recognize.

Or more specifically, never wear an unrecognized hood after you've slept with a passing fortune teller.

09.jpg

And the townsfolk actually believe that Hrol Ulfgar was murdered by Nivan Dalvilu despite that they've discovered Nivan Dalvilu's body first when Hrol Ulfgar was alive and kicking.

"Maybe they think some random Dalvilu summoned Nivan Dalvilu's ghost to murder Hrol Ulfgar cause they're Dunmers. Yes, that must be it... Oh? Perhaps that ghost behind Arvin Dalvilu is Nivan Dalvilu's ghost after all? I think I see the resembulance... *giggle*"

10.jpg

"Oh, no! She's pushin' the dasies!"

"May you rest in piece."

And so there made one more hole in the world. And there was much rejoicing. The end.

Spoiler

Regions south of Bruma...

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Azura...

14.jpg

15.jpg

And Namira... they say Namira's followers are disgusting, but I sorta think she has kinda nice body herself...

16.jpg

And the amazing enchanted dagger that needs nowhere to attach it is back.  Eiolynn's new friend had one too only she's hidden it somewhere now that the slaughterfish is beached and dead.  She also seems to have hidden her shadow as well, - or perhaps her shadow has run off with her dagger.  Mystery piles on mystery........

Eiolynn Leyawiin Beach4.jpg