LL Oblivion Gallery (general screenshots thread)

Why the Link of the old ShadeMe ? Is it better than the new ?

On the old ShadeMe page at the top  you can read : (An updated version of this plugin with additional fixes and enhancements is available here)

And the new version should have less frame drop ( if you believe the discription )

3 hours ago, foreversleep said:

In life Eiolynn was a member of a long vanished race of Lake Elves so she is quite at home in the water.  And then of course she doesn't have to breathe.

Hunting for slaughterfish.

Eiolynn Fishing.jpg

You should have stayed out of the water pussycat.

Eiolynn Fishing-02.jpg

Why even bother wearing gauntlets if the rest of your body is uncovered?

36 minutes ago, Jack of All Trades said:

Why even bother wearing gauntlets if the rest of your body is uncovered?

If you touch dead persons or creatures you can get an infection if you do not wear gloves.  :classic_wink:  

Work safety of an adventurer !  Rob a dead body only with protected hands. :classic_biggrin:

Eiolynn had been hunting slaughterfish and I'm sure you wouldn't want to be handling one of those with bare hands.  I roleplay my characters so I do give some thought to the equipment I provide them with.  Eiolynn can swim very fast and well so she often uses the lake and rivers instead of the roads to get to where she needs to go.  Once out of the water clothes go back on and nobody is any the wiser when she heads into a town.

That Khajiit bandit was foolish enough to rush into the water when he saw her and he was dead in seconds.  That curved long danger is very deadly in Eiolynn's hands since she has master level blade skills.

Alive Waters helps to make her journeys through the water a bit more interesting.

Lil' Annie's face is frankly a bit scary by today's standards.

Which Annie, you ask?

Both, actually... btw you should notice the resembulance between Foreversleep's zombie hero and the younger Annie. Oh no. It can't be mistaken.

5 hours ago, movomo said:

Lil' Annie's face is frankly a bit scary by today's standards.

Which Annie, you ask?

Both, actually... btw you should notice the resembulance between Foreversleep's zombie hero and the younger Annie. Oh no. It can't be mistaken.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the glove/gauntlet thing too you have to remember that Eiolynn has a body which is basically and to all purposes dead and held together and preserved by ancient dark magic.  While that ancient magic will 'heal' her injuries it doesn't mean that she likes the idea of her hands getting injured so she wears gloves/gauntlets.  I have found some less bulky glove models though so I'll be using those from now on.

Oh and she doesn't like being called a 'zombie' because most of her intelligence survived her awakening and she is more than capable of thinking for herself even if her thinking is a just a little flawed sometimes.  Whoever it was who awoke her from her long sleep and attempted to command her certainly died shortly afterwards because she is nobody's servant.

Eiolynn Soul Gem Quest.jpg

4 hours ago, foreversleep said:

With the glove/gauntlet thing too you have to remember that Eiolynn has a body which is basically and to all purposes dead and held together and preserved by ancient dark magic.  While that ancient magic will 'heal' her injuries it doesn't mean that she likes the idea of her hands getting injured so she wears gloves/gauntlets.  I have found some less bulky glove models though so I'll be using those from now on.

Oh and she doesn't like being called a 'zombie' because most of her intelligence survived her awakening and she is more than capable of thinking for herself even if her thinking is a just a little flawed sometimes.  Whoever it was who awoke her from her long sleep and attempted to command her certainly died shortly afterwards because she is nobody's servant.

Eiolynn Soul Gem Quest.jpg

I don't mind the idea of her not wanting to get her hands dirty, but why doesn't she care about her feet, legs, shoulders, torso, neck, (and so on) getting dirty? I mean, in leg-deep slaughterfish-infested waters like that, I'd be more concerned about your legs being protected than your hands. Actually, now that I mention it, why is it that her face is all scarred and marred, but her body is practically perfect, untouched by the effects of decomposition? Seems a bit... convenient to me. Fix that, Foreversleep.

Actually if I took some closeups of her body you'd see that she isn't so perfect after all.  Her skin is marked and discolored as well as being rough and abraded in places and she also has several raw and damaged patches on her skin.  I didn't want to make the normal mapping too savage since she is meant to be in reasonable repair for a dead person.

The human face is actually an area that tends to suffer first from the effects of decomposition with parts like the limbs remaining intact for a relatively much longer time.  The abdomen will bloat and eventually burst after several days due to the build up of gases from organ decomposition, but Eiolynn is certainly nowhere near that rotten.  It was highly likely that she received some ancient form of embalming most probably involving mercury salts before she was shut up in her tomb which helped a lot with her preservation. 

I know about this stuff because I worked in a medical pathology lab as my first job a good few years ago now before I later trained as a hospital social worker.  I also have an interest in archeology especially around ancient bodies that have been found.   'Death's Acre', - which is a book about the forensic laboratory known as the body farm is a good read if you want to know about how bodies decay and what happens to the human body after death.

By the way Eiolynn isn't worried about dirt or things being dirty, - she has a house in Bravil afterall, - it's physical injury to her hands that she's concerned about.  She does have regen due to all the dark magics that are sewn all through her, but an injury to a complex structure like a hand would take more time to heal.  This is roleplay stuff that makes the game properly immersive for me and nothing to do with Qblivion's game engine or scripted gameplay.

1 hour ago, Jack of All Trades said:

I don't mind the idea of her not wanting to get her hands dirty, but why doesn't she care about her feet, legs, shoulders, torso, neck, (and so on) getting dirty? I mean, in leg-deep slaughterfish-infested waters like that, I'd be more concerned about your legs being protected than your hands. Actually, now that I mention it, why is it that her face is all scarred and marred, but her body is practically perfect, untouched by the effects of decomposition? Seems a bit... convenient to me. Fix that, Foreversleep.

What?? Did you seriously think wearing only the gauntlets was a problem? Dude.. whatever other member does with his character is really none of your business, and you're not in any position to tell others to do anything. People upload their pictures here for various purposes. Some do it because they think it's pretty, some because funny, some just as a part of their game mastering, and others for whatever other reasons. How about showing some of your tolerance and maturity?

Thank you movomo.

Eiolynn has been a very long WIP and the textures she's wearing are the Mk IV version and possibly in a while when I'm not so sleepy due to this illness I have I'll make a start on a Mk V version.  It's actually not that simple to make a workable risen UnDead character that can function successfully in the game.  Eiolynn has somewhat flawed intelligence and her coordination isn't good, but she's no stupid brain dead shambling zombie either.  She's level 18 now in my present game and keeping her balanced so she doesn't turn into an unstoppable tank is a bit of a challenge.  Some players wouldn't care and would just max her out and go kill all the world, but I don't play that way.

7 hours ago, foreversleep said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhh.. since my previous post was a rather unpleasant one, let me rectify that. Here's the picture of the other Annie for reference, also featuring her undead canine companion, from the days of cartoons where comparatively few women (or men) looked like Rachel Maddow. ;)

Here in LL you don't need any reason to strip off any woman or man... though I'd have to recommend against stripping the wrong Annie as it could get you in trouble.

image.png

32 minutes ago, foreversleep said:

t's actually not that simple to make a workable risen UnDead character that can function successfully in the game.  Eiolynn has somewhat flawed intelligence and her coordination isn't good, but she's no stupid brain dead shambling zombie either.

You see, once I had read a sorta-like a hardcore run article where the op set all his character's attributes and skills to 1 and played the game at max difficulty. It was an interesting reading... Training her up was a nigh impossible task when everyone and everything can instakill you and you have virtually no chance of sneaking around. He says even the sleeping people wake up whenever you approach them 'stealthily' with 1-something Agility and 5 Sneak.

You might be wondering what would she have been wearing when her max encumbrance was 5... that would have been an interesting watch, but unfortunately the op had invested one of his class bonuses to Strength. Anyways, this was ten years ago.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

You know there are ways to have different skin textures in the game at once...you could make your own unique skin in Paint.net...while the 'norms' use the regular skin + skin filters.

The annoying thing is I used to do all that kind of thing hardly without thinking about it dogonporch.  I look at the old screenshots of my experimental cyborg race with all the bright steampunk brass work on the skin texture and I wonder how the hell I managed to do all that.

Cyborg Race.jpg

Cyborg Race2.jpg

2 hours ago, movomo said:

What?? Did you seriously think wearing only the gauntlets was a problem? Dude.. whatever other member does with his character is really none of your business, and you're not in any position to tell others to do anything. People upload their pictures here for various purposes. Some do it because they think it's pretty, some because funny, some just as a part of their game mastering, and others for whatever other reasons. How about showing some of your tolerance and maturity?

With all due respect, Movomo, while a certain level of etiquette must be maintained, this is not an echo-chamber. While I will not express my opinions in a rude manner, as that would be in conflict with the rules of this board, I will express them nonetheless. I believed it was odd that the gauntlets were still present, that is all. In all honesty, I merely believed that they just forgot to take them off, and was making light of it, or being cheeky, as DogOnPorch described. In terms of the body texture, as ForeverSleep expressed in a previous post, their character is a work in progress, therefore I merely wished to provide criticism to improve their zombie-esque character, keeping realism and logic in mind. I am not taking ForeverSleep's right to disagree away from them, they can say "No, thank you." and I will honor it.

I am always glad to have feedback on my work Jack Of All Trades.  I wished to explain why my character would wear gloves (which I do agree is a little unusual), but I've also taken on board the possibility that my character's body textures may still be a little too pale and indistinct and since I'm planning on doing a revision hopefully very soon I will have a closer look at that.

46 minutes ago, foreversleep said:

The annoying thing is I used to do all that kind of thing hardly without thinking about it dogonporch.  I look at the old screenshots of my experimental cyborg race with all the bright steampunk brass work on the skin texture and I wonder how the hell I managed to do all that.

Hey...that's pretty sweet. I've done a few repaints, as well. They're in Amber's Playroom in clubs. But nothing like that.

Every Oblivion is different...very different...usually. I think it's just interesting to see how others 'do-it-to-it'. Mo's grass makes me drool...

:classic_laugh: