LL Oblivion Gallery (general screenshots thread)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just some random play screenshots, only with a little more style. As they're really just normal play screens gathered and pieced together, the below has some continuity problems despite being relatively short! (But not too short; perhaps I should've broken this into parts.)

00.jpg

port-0.png Uhm... chica? Those arrows... kinda... impaled your body from... you know, not just one, but multiple directions! Are you even alive? I thought you're becoming Ex-Sidekick-chan!

port-1.png T'salright, Heroine-chan! Just flesh wounds! See? Not a single blood drop!

Spoiler

port-4.png It was all at a certain day by an uncertain means that our hero Heroine-chan and her jailmate Sidekick-chan, and I'm not talking about the feisty Dark Elf still rotting away at the opposite side of her jail cell, were released by accident and thereby given a second chance of honest life for free. With the money 'acquired' from an unwilling local underground goblin tribe that they've encountered during jailbreak, they bought some fancy robes and dumped their old ragged sack clothes away.

port-0.png Freedom! I don't exactly remember why I ended up in the prison in the first place, it has been too many springs and winters that I've longed for the fresh air.

port-4.png For our readers' information, it was one and a half years.

port-0.png W-was it?

port-4.png Yup.. but don't you worry! People often don't remember what happened one and a half days ago.

port-0.pngN-no matter! As now I am free and I have a plan. Septims, food, lots of drinks and handsome boys await! And not strictly in that order. I'll be a magical girl. Once I'm famous, I'm becoming a princess. After that I'm going to hook a handsome, rich, especially rich man. Also preferably a manly man with a manly sword beneath his girdle. And he will marry me.

port-1.png Then we get to live the laziest life known to men and mer ever after!

port-4.png That's right, freedom! Which although was not entirely earned on their own merits. Anyways, as you've noticed, Heroine-chan wasn't a girl of elegant taste, and her small mind couldn't realize the fact that her father should have been at least a lord of sorts to make her a princess. Perhaps it was a fault of her mother who had slapped 6-years old Heroine-chan's head with a Dwemeri metal candlestick after the girl decided to break all the candles in the house for fun before her father, the candlemaker, could sell them to the townsfolk. Or perhaps it was the fault of Angrius Maximus who lived two buildings away from Heroine-chan's hovel, who threw the poor girl headfirst against the swine pens when she was spotted breaking the candles in his house, as she was told by her parents to break all the other sold candles in the town instead. Can't say for sure... but never mind, for it is the events of the present day that our tale is about to unfold.

port-4.png Fascinated by the newfound freedom and money, the party wandered various districts of the Imperial City aimlessly. And they eventually stumble across an orc bum named Luronk gro-Glurzog at the Arboretum.

_0.jpg

port-6.png Hey stranger, can you spare a few coins? I've just been shaken down by that bastard watchman and he took my last septim.

port-0.png Eh... what? A watchman took your stuff? Why would he? I mean, well, of course he would, but you're not in jail!

port-6.pngThe bastard took every coin I had with me. I don't know his name, but I know his face. Ruslan and I were shopping at Jensine's when he accused us of stealing. We turned out our pockets to prove we were innocent, but he didn't care. We had to pay the "fine" or he was going to march us off to jail.

port-1.png Heroine-chan, we still have plenty of money left we got from the goblin old lady! Let's give him some money!

port-0.png Right. Cuz I'm nice and I'm filthy rich! Here mister, have some coins. Speaking of watchmen, I don't think we've been treated totally fair by the Bastion jailors. Sidekick-chan, let us find out who this guard is. I'm all too happy to kick some law-enforcing butts!

port-1.png If you're happy then I'll be happy too!

port-6.png Thank you, ladies. You're truly godsend.

port-4.png Please forget about her inappropriate motivation. Deciding to do the right thing for once in her life, Heroine-chan pays a visit to Jensine's shop and asks what this corrupt guardsman's name might be.

_1.jpg

port-5.pngFeel free to browse, friend. It's nice to see a new shopper. I was afraid I lost any hope of new business ever since Thoronir opened up.

port-0.png Hiya, lady! By the way, you know the name of the guard who's been shaking down some random folks?

port-5.png W-what? ........ I see. Ruslan and Luronk. Those idiots don't know when to stay quiet. Look, I'm not telling you anything, stranger. I don't trust you. Go away!

port-0.png Dang! This bitch won't tell us who! And she's too smart to convince! How did she even know that Luronk told me about it?

port-1.png ...Heroine-chan, I saw some other shops selling scrolls. I can help reading the Charm scroll once we have one!

port-4.png The party has bought all the Charm scrolls the entire Market District has to offer. Sidekick-chan then cast the spell at Jensine. The lowly shopkeeper was magically allured. It was pretty surprising that this act of brain-washing magic was not abolished by the Mages Guild.

port-5.pngI guess I can trust you. It's that bastard Audens Avidius. He's in here every month taking my wares without paying for them. What can I do? He's a Captain of the Imperial Watch. Only another Watch Captain can arrest him. Fat chance of that happening.

port-4.png After the party consulted a watch captain goes by Itius Hayn, they have learned that he needs two witnesses who will testify at the court against Audens Avidius, the corrupt captain, to arrest him. What to do was all clear. At first, Luronk refused, fearing that he might get himself in an even deeper trouble. But now Heroine-chan had a means to 'convince' him. It took the party some trials to figure out how to aim the Charm spell correctly and how many scrolls are needed, but eventually Luronk agreed to testify. The problem was not Luronk; it was his housemate, Ruslan. Heroine-chan was a totally stranger to him, and it would be difficult to convince him even with the help of the scrolls. Not only that, the scrolls were running out.

port-1.png Heroine-chan, now we have only three srolls of Alluring Gaze. We needed two different scrolls for Luronk, perhaps we can't succeed with Ruslan!

port-0.png Then let's go see Jensine. At least we're not total strangers.

port-5.png You want me to publicly accuse Audens Avidius of corruption? Are you girls nuts? I'd sooner swim naked in a pool filled with slaughterfish and mudcrabs!

port-1.png Only two scrolls now!! What do we do?

port-0.png Don't worry, Sidekick-chan! I've got an idea. Did Jensine mention that she has a little problem with this guy.. whatshisname, Thoronir?

port-4.png Heroine-chan's idea was surprisingly brilliant... for her, anyway. Jensine too was a victim of Audens Avidius' atrocities - she could be qualified as a valid witness as well. If the party manages to win her favor, she might testify against the corrupt officer. Still better chance than Ruslan. So they offered her a help with this Thoronir problem.

port-5.png I'm the chairperson for the Society of Concerned Merchants. We formed this group a while back to keep a nice fair economic balance in town. Not every store is a member, but we're slowly trying to convince them to join. Everything was fine until Thoronir opened his shop nearby. He outright refuses to join the Society or even discuss the matter. We are convinced he is up to no good. What we need is for you to case his establishment, and figure out where he gets his inventory. Find some proof of his wrongdoing, and let us know.

port-0.png Heh, when we asked an attendance at the court she chickend out like a fucking pussy that she is. Now all of a sudden she's the protector of economic justice! ...Talk about h.....  he...... what was it?

port-4.png Hypocrisy.

port-0.png Right. Talk about hypocrisy!

04.jpg

port-4.png And so the girls shadowed Thoronir, the discounter of merchantise and the seller of burial accessories. With a staff on Sidekick-chan's back and Night-Eye on Heroine-chan's eyes, they managed to follow him without drawing too much attention. Though their treads were light, their hearts were getting heavy, as their supply of gold was actually running low, squandering septims at buying scrolls, the ever-useless staff of Silence and all that. Plus, staying every night at the Tiber Septim Hotel didn't help either.

port-1.png Heroine-chan, I'm hungry.

port-0.png Endure, Sidekick-chan, endure! It's been only 3 hours since our evening feast. We only have some 100 septims or so now, we can't have another until morning!

05.jpg

port-0.png Shhh... he's talking to someone.

port-3.png That you, Agarmir?

port-2.png Sure, my thriving business partner. Anything wrong? You seem agitated.

port-3.png Sorry, I am not used to this kind of meeting. It always makes me nervous.

port-2.png Nah, no worries. It's only dead people's clothings you know. And dead people ain't need a clothing!

port-3.png But... but... people might blame me if they find out! That I am a terrible grave-robber!

port-2.png Hey, at least you're not killing anyone. You only strip the dead off and sell them. There are even people who make their living by killing people AND strip their clothings off to sell them. And they call such person a hero. You're an infinitely better person, buddy, so just get on with it and take the next shipment already!

port-3.png Actually, I think you're the one who's looting the grave rather than me.... but alright, I'll let that slide. You've got a point.

port-1.png Heroine-chan, what's wrong? You're shivering.

port-4.pngNow talk about hypocrisy.

06.jpg

port-4.png Knowing that Agarmir is the one behind Thoronir's suspisciously cheap inventory, the company decided to investigate Agarmir's house. But there was a problem. Agarmir's house was locked! Heroine-chan, embarassed too much, even forgot to cast her Night-Eye spell!

port-0.png Fucking hell! The door is locked with an average lock. And my proficiency of lockpicking is far below average! Sidekick-chan, any idea?

port-1.png I guess I could try....

port-4.png Being a mage, Sidekick-chan's mastery of wielding a bobby pin was no better than Heroine-chan.

07.jpg

port-0.png Now we're busted!

port-4.png And so their petty scheme of breaking into a good citizen's residence was foiled.

Well, my Security was exactly 5, and my companion's was 5 too. With all the years of playing experience, I could pick a very high lock with impunity had I not been using MigLockpicking, but with it I stand precisely no chance. So I made a perfectly logical decision, give my only lockpick to an MPC companion whose lockpicking is resolved by a different, much more forgiving rule. No surprise that she failed, but it was worth a try.

port-4.png After another night at the Tiber Septim Hotel, the party had only 70 gold. Getting desperate, Heroine-chan lost her temper, and drew a dagger. Like a proper hero, Heroine-chan valiantly marched into Jensine's "Good as New" Merchandise and aimed the blade at the innocent shopkeeper's general direction.

08-0.jpg

port-5.png Huh? What's happening? I'm busy! How's the Thoronir investigation going?

port-0.png You know what, there are two kinds of people in the world. The people who are busy helping me, and the people who are busy being dead. Which type of person are you, woman?

port-5.png Please! Put that knife away! Hey! Don't poke me with it! I... alright, I know a secret that will make Ruslan do whatever you tell him to! Just go tell him that you will reveal he and Luronk's relationship! You know... that kind of relationship. That's why Ruslan and Luronk live in the same house. Only I knew about their secret... until now, anyway. I had told them I'd reveal it if they don't buy 10 septims worth of stuff every week at my store.

port-0.png Whoa. You could be helpful after all.

port-1.png See ya lady!

port-4.png Then our hero went to threaten poor Ruslan the Redguard. He had little choice but being 'convinced'. Tomorrow the thrice-cursed Audens Avidius will be arrested and everyone save for Audens Avidius, Luronk gro-Glurzog, Ruslan and Jensine will be happy! Except that those four are pretty much everyone involved in this stupid affair. Anyways, that was how Heroine-chan completed her first quest. She has also learned that sharp objects can make people a bit more talkative than usual.

I'm talking about the temporary disposition drop of 10 when you unsheathed the weapon. I needed this to convince Ruslan. Jensine's disposition can go above 70 this way too, but she wouldn't agree to tesitfy no matter what you do. To sum up, she's a bitch.

port-1.png Where are all the money we had a few days ago?

port-0.png Don't worry! Tomorrow we'll be even richer! And we'll be announced as the heroes of the Imperial City. Let us just go to the Arena and enjoy the life!

02.jpg

port-4.png So the party visited the Arena, betting all their remaining money on gamble. Surprisingly, Heroine-chan's bet on the Blue Team won her 25 gold, then 50 gold. They were on a winning streak.

01.jpg

port-4.png Of course, Heroine-chan didn forget to show her uneducated rudeness by blocking other spectators' view.

03.jpg

port-4.png Now came the third round. Heroine-chan's hand trembled hard as she was about to bet 100 gold.

port-0.png (Perhaps the Blue Team might lose the next round. Because they've already won 2 rounds in a row! Yep, they totally would.)

port-4.png And she was wrong.

port-0.png ........... No problem! I still have some gold. Tomorrow I'll be rich. Let us head back to the Tiber Septim Hotel and have a good dream.

Arena is weird. In theory the pc's luck attrib must affect the winning chance (by modifying the combatants' maximum health). In practice, anyone with shield wins. If both have similar weapons, then the Yellow Team wins. (I can't even imagine why) The battle axe in the above screenshot... frankly, two-handed weapons in this game are dreadfully underpowered. I think their base damage must be at least 20% higher than vanilla to make them even remotely worthwhile. All of them.

08.jpg

port-4.png And the time of justice hath come. The experience points were enough to advance Heroine-chan's level to 2. In all her level 2 fabulousness, she decided to change hair style. Because, if you're going to have a talk with higher-ups, you're going to want to look pretty.

port-0.png Officer Itius Hayn, I hear you've successfully arrested this corrupt guard, Audens Avidius?

port-7.png Of course milady, and I hear you and your friend here have been the critical part of the revelation of his dark side.

port-0.png I am honored to help! It was a rewarding experience really. I mean, only spiritual rewards *so far*, but that's what matters, right? Even though one would've preferred if it had been more *physically* rewarding...

port-7.png Ah, yes! My duties almost made me forget about that part.

port-0.png (Yes!) Don't mind it, sir! Please go on.

port-7.png On behalf of the Imperial Watch and all the good citizens of the Imperial City, I, Itius Hayn, hereby present you the Crux Imperialis, awarded only to the most virtuous citizens who've done a great service to the Empire. Here, it is a token of immeasurable honor, hold it proudly.

port-1.png Wah! Heroine-chan! It's so pretty! I especially love the embossed dragon at the center. Is it made of gold, officer?

port-7.png Haha, milady. It is brass. You know, the Imperial Watch is running a bit tight recently at least as far as budget goes, assassination of the Emporer and all that.

port-0.png Uh..... fuck.

port-7.png Yep... oh, what did you say, milady? Anyways, my real duty lies elsewhere, so if you'll forgive me...

port-1.png May I keep this medal, Heroine-chan? Please!

port-4.png Heroine-chan couldn't help but standing speechless.

09.jpg

port-0.png Hey mister, uhh.... you know, I'm a kind of hero of the Empire or something, and you know... I'm a bit low on cash. Perhaps you could spare some change? Your service to me will be appreciated greatly.

port-8.png What hole did this moron crawl out of? I've never heard of any such thing. Besides, looks to me like you could sell off all the shiny stuff of yours for some good money. Like the staff over there on that missy's back. Such fine stuff don't suit your type well anyway. Now bugger off.

port-4.png Perhaps she should have thought about the time it takes for the words of her fame to spread. Now the party couldn't afford Luther Broad's Boarding House, let alone the Tiber Septim Hotel. Heroine-chan started to regret every decision she made after the jailbreak.

10.jpg

port-0.png Dude, what do we do now? .....We're so fucked....

port-1.png Heroine-chan, maybe we should go Chorrol and find this Jauffre man. If he's really the Emperor's friend, maybe we could beg him for some food.

port-0.png Hmmm... I like your idea. Maybe we could shake him down a bit. We might trade something good with this Amulet of the Emporer or something.

port-1.png Yeah, at least he won't let us starve. By the way, I like you too!

port-4.png And so the poor girls set off to the county of Chorrol, where this hermit named Jauffre was rumored to live.

11.jpg

port-4.png However, they had to face an unexpected opposition, very soon. Perhaps too soon. The party was ambushed by a mysterious beast by the name of Nibus Drifter.

port-0.png No! Sidekick-chan! Noooo!

port-4.png Witnessing her mate's fall, Heroine-chan charged the monster recklessly. Unsurprisingly, she too was slain soon after.

port-4.png In fact, just a single stroke was enough.

port-0.png Ugghhh...

port-4.png The wild was unforgiving and her body and mind were not strong enough to survive. Bereft of life, Heroine-chan now rests in peace.

Nibus Drifter is a custom monster added by XCV. This mod is bitch. Not some level 50 you, but a level 1 you can and will encounter level 80 monsters just randomly and casually, and they're each some 5 times scarier than fucking Umbra herself. To be fair though, that's half the fun.

12.jpg

port-4.png Thus ends Heroine-chan's tale.

port-0.png No it doesn't!

14.jpg

port-4.png Though her material body was mashed into a pulp, her kneecaps split, limbs all hacked and mangled, head smashed and heart cut out, she would be pushing up the dasies peacefully... soon enough. Or not. Not like she'd care.

port-0.png No! I've a save file!

13.jpg

port-4.png She was pining for the fjords.

port-1.png As a matter of fact, she has many save files.

port-4.png Unfortunately, it was true. Folks of Cyrodiil couldn't even get rid of this vermin because of the plot armor which smelt worse than a piece of boiling Olroy cheese.

15.jpg

port-0.png Done. I got better! Not nearly as good as Tiber Septim Hotel, but we'll sleep well enough here!

port-1.png Wah! Good to see you alive and kicking! Now what are we going to do on the bed?

port-4.png The same thing we do every night, Sidekick-chan. Trying to take over the world! The end.

18 hours ago, movomo said:

What is chukchi?

Well, it says right here.

Now they are considered naive and kind (anektode characters),

There, (in my quotation), there was the following subtext: since I am not a native English speaker, for me a lot of text looks scary, so, I, like the Chukchi from the anectode, cannot read but write stories ...

but in reality they were formidable warriors (in the local region).

17 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Russian Eskimo/Inuit.

Great screenie presentation, btw. 

Meanwhile...leaky...as mentioned.

Hide contents

ScreenShot2253.jpg.f98fae47ee3cbf4867edfe760d280cc3.jpgScreenShot2255.jpg.06a01a60e2b98b22da8c133ec4402bdd.jpg

And where is the puddle?

With such a waste of water the body will not survive for a long time ... :)

14 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

There's a pretty good Musketeer outfit for Oblivion...includes hat, sword and banner. I'll have to dig it up.

Meanwhile...another NPC to feed.

Hide contents

ScreenShot2266.jpg.e6091633a7904e4edfda3b00936f51db.jpgScreenShot2267.jpg.0204b2da9b0361dd8b5e1ee496b22875.jpgScreenShot2268.jpg.aa7fbf40ce700ad54277bdde630c60ef.jpgScreenShot2269.jpg.a1b955a5eded29fb35d44178ace37862.jpgScreenShot2270.jpg.d2cff6463d68f5ef1d10e25e307e0c18.jpgScreenShot2271.jpg.197217f3f575fa4aadfe3788ef531329.jpg

Man, it was a post-irony ...