1 hour ago, philyb said:

Fixed it by manually doing it to a folder using the ctrl click on batch build and copy and pasting the files into meshes. Strange because it worked earlier without this step.  might be worth looking at

kohlteth

You never said what mod manager you're using, that could be relevant. Though I know MO sometimes does weirdness with bodyslide stuff at times, unless you do the ctrl+batch method.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:45 PM, Sathella said:

How do you get the non-ballet version of the restrictive boots? I don't see an option for them anywhere.

For that matter, I see in the screenshots that there are garters that go between the boots and the corset, as well as between gloves and collar. What am I doing wrong where these don't show up for me?

fb0d24b5ccd91b78409d2a2ab3fb097b-q271tgm.jpg

I didn't want this question to get buried so I'm bumping it.

10 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

You never said what mod manager you're using, that could be relevant. Though I know MO sometimes does weirdness with bodyslide stuff at times, unless you do the ctrl+batch method.

NMM

All it required was a copy and paste.

Hello, I'm coming over from another mod thanks to the mod author's advice. 
I love the devious devices mod and Bondage mittens are great.  But I've had a problem before(never enough to make me search out a real solution) with other things and the drop on try to pick up event.  Is their a way for me to console command temporarily change the drop chance?  Or any chance of a slider for drop chances to show up in a future edition?

Also Keep up the amazing work you all do.  Devious devices truly makes Skyrim a better* place to be.

*(For people who like being bound or binding other exclusively. Those attempting to complete the main quest or any base game quest not included. "better" subject to user opinion. No refunds for characters lost to slave trade, bondage gear, bondage furniture, or enthusiastic NPCs.)

On 10/24/2018 at 7:26 PM, josh97 said:

Those boots are not part of DD i believe they are from bob's boots.

I took a look at that mod and I don't think that's it. While the boots do look similar, they are not the same. If you look at the Bob's ones, they have a little tab on the front where these do not. Also, the platform and shape of the heel proper are different (I notice those things).

These look identical to the ballet restrictive boots with the only exception being a 5-6" heel rather than a ballet.

And also like I said, in some of the photos at the front end of this mod's page you can clearly see garters going between the corset and boots. For the long while I've played this mod, I've noticed the buckles on both the boots and corset and have long wondered why there are no garters between when the rest of the structures are there. These images lead me to believe there are supposed to be there but for whatever reason, I don't have them show up. With the size of the mod, I thought it might be as simple as a texture you have to unpack, or a switch to flip in the MCM.

So I re-downloaded Skyrim Old Version and installed all requiered mods without any problems.

But I just cant figure out why I get no function from the Devious Devices mods.

I dont get a MCM Menu and if I spawn the items via console, they have no function.

Anyone got an Idea why?

18 hours ago, Sathella said:

And also like I said, in some of the photos at the front end of this mod's page you can clearly see garters going between the corset and boots. For the long while I've played this mod, I've noticed the buckles on both the boots and corset and have long wondered why there are no garters between when the rest of the structures are there. These images lead me to believe there are supposed to be there but for whatever reason, I don't have them show up. With the size of the mod, I thought it might be as simple as a texture you have to unpack, or a switch to flip in the MCM.

Wow I never noticed that.  The seventh image at the top of the mod had the straps in it for sure.  I've always wondered if that might ever be an effect added to the stuff like how the belts change when a corset is equipped.  Was that something that was being worked on that just fell through or does Min have another mod we could get the name of for that effect?

12 minutes ago, LuckyTrimith said:
19 hours ago, Sathella said:

Wow I never noticed that.  The seventh image at the top of the mod had the straps in it for sure.  I've always wondered if that might ever be an effect added to the stuff like how the belts change when a corset is equipped.  Was that something that was being worked on that just fell through or does Min have another mod we could get the name of for that effect?

The last three images on the mod page show a character wearing a lot of items that aren't part of the mod. Apart from the armbinder and ring gag I don't think any of those items are devious devices. Many, many people have asked how to get them over the years, and the answer has always been: they're private.

I have for a very long time been having issues with (Custom) Blindfolds, and I have no memory of anyone else ever bringing it up so I'm wondering if I'm the only that's having these issues or if I've just missed those posts.

The issue is that the device doesn't seem to properly work in the inventory, and all kinds of stuff can break with it, it's been worse since the struggle menu got updated in v.4 but issues have existed for the 4 or so years I've been using this mod.

It seems like the hidden device and the actual device in the inventory aren't as well connected as the other devices, and when fiddling with the device like trying to struggle or unlock it it often happens that the inventory item gets unequiped but the hidden device is still there, which causes issues if you for example get equiped with a new blindfold.

This can also cause a lot of other issues, sometimes the item appears to be stuck on the character forever while the inventory says nothing is equiped, I've had the blindfold effect kick in when it's not supposed to and all that because the blindfold is still technically there, and I can't interact with it anymore because it is broken and completely disconnected with the inventory item that I can equip and unequip all day without any struggle menu popping up or otherwise solving the issue.

Not even the Free Me mechanic works at this point and the only thing that fix it once it is broken is to either reload a previous save or use console commands to delete it.

This issue has presisted through numerous updates all the way back since v.2 I believe, several complete reinstallations of the mods and even a complete clean reinstallation of Skyrim.

6 minutes ago, MetZwerg said:

hmmm suddenly i can´t trigger the quest " The Forbidden Tome" in the academy anymore....

i don´t wear any devices or such.....

please help.......

AFAIK that quest is removed from the latest version of DD due to bugs. The items are still there in the library though.

6 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

The last three images on the mod page show a character wearing a lot of items that aren't part of the mod. Apart from the armbinder and ring gag I don't think any of those items are devious devices. Many, many people have asked how to get them over the years, and the answer has always been: they're private.

Well... that blows.

23 hours ago, nitorum said:

So I re-downloaded Skyrim Old Version and installed all requiered mods without any problems.

But I just cant figure out why I get no function from the Devious Devices mods.

I dont get a MCM Menu and if I spawn the items via console, they have no function.

Anyone got an Idea why?

You didn't install SKSE

On 10/24/2018 at 1:43 PM, LazyBoot said:

Do you want to just allow carriages, or other things as well? If that's what you're after, I already have the override needed for that.

But if you want to allow other things as well, you'll need to look at the perk "zad_BoundActivation"

Yea, just the carriages would be enough. Where can i find this override?

And thanks for the help.

Support Post

Unable to batch build in bodyslide. I installed the mod and it works in game apart from most devices being invisible. I've pinned the problem down to that I can't batch build the devices in bodyslide even though the file is present in the slidergroups folder. Please tell me how I can make the devices appear in batch build or if I need to do something else (this is my first time having to batch build a mod). I installed assets and integration using Mod Organiser, then NMM, then Manually, then with MO again. I have all the requirements listed for integration and assets and I do not have expansion.

Why do "custom" blindfolds like "zadx_blindfoldBlocking_scriptInstance" have the "zad_DeviousHood" keyword?  It's making it impossible to get the correct dialogue options using combinations of the "WornHasKeyword" condition functions when multiple devices are worn.

As an example, if the player is wearing a "Black Leather Blindfold (Custom)" and a "Tape Gag" it results in the same set of keywords as a "Black Leather Hood" (including "GagNoOpenMouth").  In the first case I would like the dialogue options be "Remove Blindfold" and "Remove Gag" while in the second I want "Remove Hood".  Any ideas how to do this without an inventory scan?

Thanks

I've been desperately trying to get DD to work, but the game crashed on startup. I can start the game with only DDa installed, but as soon as i add DDi or DDe or both it crashed instantly. I've tried the fix using "Crash Fixes" and FNboost. but no luck. I'm rather new and use very few mods, almost none except the requisites for the DD packs. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, Qvistor said:

I've been desperately trying to get DD to work, but the game crashed on startup. I can start the game with only DDa installed, but as soon as i add DDi or DDe or both it crashed instantly. I've tried the fix using "Crash Fixes" and FNboost. but no luck. I'm rather new and use very few mods, almost none except the requisites for the DD packs. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

When you say the game crashes on startup do you: 1) not get to the Main Screen (where it says, Continue, New, etc.) or 2) you get to that screen but after pressing New the game crashes? In the first case you are (probably) missing a master. Run LOOT and it should tell you what is missing. In the second case you probably have too many animations for your game to handle. Tick off one or more animation pack and try again. If you want to do this second a bit more mathematically you can do the following:

1) Run FNIS. When it is done at the bottom of the top half of the box will be a message saying XXXXX animations successfully processed for character and another line with number for creatures.

2) Add the total animations. If the number comes to more than 10k you need to eliminate animations until it is under 10k. Once you have achieved that, then

3) Run LOOT and FNIS again and try to start the game.

More detail is available in my blog if you want/need it. You can find the link to that in my signature.

16 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

Why do "custom" blindfolds like "zadx_blindfoldBlocking_scriptInstance" have the "zad_DeviousHood" keyword?  It's making it impossible to get the correct dialogue options using combinations of the "WornHasKeyword" condition functions when multiple devices are worn.

As an example, if the player is wearing a "Black Leather Blindfold (Custom)" and a "Tape Gag" it results in the same set of keywords as a "Black Leather Hood" (including "GagNoOpenMouth").  In the first case I would like the dialogue options be "Remove Blindfold" and "Remove Gag" while in the second I want "Remove Hood".  Any ideas how to do this without an inventory scan?

Thanks

I assume this is done because the "custom" blindfolds block head-armor/gear, including hoods, so it's probably there to tell hoods that there's something in the way.