Private Bits

I present you my nude mod for Dwarf Fortress.

Horny Dworf.pngFeatures4 main races vanilla vs mod.png

Private Bits

• delicate body parts for all vanilla creatures
  • uncensored vanilla textures
  • flavor and visuals for dwarfs, elves, humans
  • pubic and chest hair for dwarfs
  • boobs for dwarfs, humans and elves
  • bra.pngbra item to make use of the bra vanilla textures

PB - Animal People

• uncensored textures for all intelligent wildlife

PB - Sex Module Alpha

• sex interactions tests, currently non-functional
  • prostitutes to entertain fort

PB - Succubus Patch

• adds genitals to creatures of the steamicon.pngSuccubus Dungeon mod

My goal is to create an adult overhaul that stays as close to vanilla Dwarf Fortress as possible, any suggestions and help are welcome.

Horny Dworf.pngInstall/Update the Mod

1. Delete old mod version located in ...Steam\steamapps\common\Dwarf Fortress\data\installed_mods
  2. Delete the previous Private Bits x.x.x.zip located in ...Steam\steamapps\common\Dwarf Fortress\mods
  3. Move the new Private Bits.zip into ...Steam\steamapps\common\Dwarf Fortress\mods
  4. Start a new world with the mod in the right load order (it tells you)

Horny Dworf.pngFuture Plans

• merge Private bits and Animal People on hold until dwarf fortress fixes LARGE_IMAGE

Horny Dworf.pngInspirations
steamicon.png Dwarven Big Naturals
bay12icon.png Lust Demon - Advanced Anatomy

favicon.png Dwarf Fortress Wiki

Very nice. Glad someone made one. I made an attempt but I'm not good at editing pixel art so didn't bother releasing it. Having different sprites for breast sizes is definitely more work but it's very nice. Now as an expert on Dwarf Fortress genital mods, I have some feedback on the implementation. The first one I noticed is that you have a few body parts that are inside a body part inside a body part. This effectively means they'll never be hit by anything. So there's ovaries connected to the uterus connected to the vagina. If the vagina is stabbed it would likely hit the uterus since it's considered inside the vagina and is also larger than it. But the ovaries would be impossible to touch. They could both be connected to the lower body, which would make them normal internal organs in the lower body. Some of the body parts should also probably have the geldable tag which would ideally be removed from the male dwarf lower body since now they're attached in detail. Since both testicles are inside the scrotum you could give it to that and the penis, so if either is missing they'd be unable to reproduce. It would also make sense to apply it to the uterus. The only concern would be if you started giving it to animals then female animals that weren't geldable before might become geldable, but you aren't doing that now. So obviously a severely damaged uterus would prevent you from reproducing. The breasts are also a bit excessive with the body part numbers. Breast, areola, nipple. I've never seen that amount before. Often it's just breast, sometimes breast and nipple. I don't see what purpose the areola serves.

You also have a lot of body part positions that don't do anything.

[BP_RELATION:BY_CATEGORY:SCROTUM:AROUND:BY_CATEGORY:TESTICLE:100]

The testicles are already internal and connected to the scrotum so they're inside of it. This would only do something if you had the testicles connected to the lower body and not internal, then the scrotum also connected to the lower body. I have seen a mod do that before and it kind of worked. Basically every attack targeting the testicles would hit the scrotum instead, but the only way around it was to cut off the scrotum then hit the testicles so it's kind of ridiculous and you probably shouldn't do that.

The ass around the prostate does nothing because the prostate is an internal organ inside the rectum. Same for lower body being around the uterus and ovaries. The areola are also around the breasts which is kind of strange. My first thought is that it would mean 10% of hits to the breast would hit the areola instead, but doing some testing I think it does nothing, probably because the areola is attached to the breast, rather than the upper body.

For how I'm testing, I downloaded the most recent pre-steam dwarf fortress to use an object testing arena where I can directly control a dwarf and repeatedly punch another dwarf's breasts and they never hit the areola instead. I've used it to test a few other things. So far there seems to be an issue with tissue definitions probably not working, but that might result from the messy copy paste into the creature_standard file I used to get it working on an older version.

Anyway for more subjective suggestions: I'd have the scrotum connect to the lower body not the penis. Maybe remove small so it actually gets hit. You can add joint to the testicles to allow them to be wrestled if the scrotum is grabbed. Though I think the mods that just make the testicles body parts on their own and not inside a scrotum are easier and work better.

As for what to add next, humans, elves, and goblins are obvious. Adding the body parts would be easy but the graphics would be harder. Having to adapt them over. I'd prioritize goblins since they're the one you see the most of.

4 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Very nice. Glad someone made one. I made an attempt but I'm not good at editing pixel art so didn't bother releasing it.

thank you!

Having different sprites for breast sizes is definitely more work but it's very nice.

was thinking about making them grow in puberty but I fear this would make it so every dwarf ends up with the same size boobs when they've grown up.

Now as an expert on Dwarf Fortress genital mods, I have some feedback on the implementation.

perfect

The first one I noticed is that you have a few body parts that are inside a body part inside a body part. This effectively means they'll never be hit by anything. So there's ovaries connected to the uterus connected to the vagina. If the vagina is stabbed it would likely hit the uterus since it's considered inside the vagina and is also larger than it. But the ovaries would be impossible to touch. They could both be connected to the lower body, which would make them normal internal organs in the lower body. Some of the body parts should also probably have the geldable tag which would ideally be removed from the male dwarf lower body since now they're attached in detail. Since both testicles are inside the scrotum you could give it to that and the penis, so if either is missing they'd be unable to reproduce. It would also make sense to apply it to the uterus. The only concern would be if you started giving it to animals then female animals that weren't geldable before might become geldable, but you aren't doing that now. So obviously a severely damaged uterus would prevent you from reproducing. 

I'll implement your suggestions. Even tho that means I'll have to override the entire dwarf creature entry instead of adding onto it. But I see this isn't rimworld modding here.

The breasts are also a bit excessive with the body part numbers. Breast, areola, nipple. I've never seen that amount before. Often it's just breast, sometimes breast and nipple. I don't see what purpose the areola serves.

breasts were the first things I've added, simply by copying relevant code snippets from the  Dwarven big naturals mod, also thought about making areola colored and give them textures but decided against it, I guess areolas serve no purpose anymore, will remove

You also have a lot of body part positions that don't do anything.

[BP_RELATION:BY_CATEGORY:SCROTUM:AROUND:BY_CATEGORY:TESTICLE:100]

The testicles are already internal and connected to the scrotum so they're inside of it. This would only do something if you had the testicles connected to the lower body and not internal, then the scrotum also connected to the lower body. I have seen a mod do that before and it kind of worked. Basically every attack targeting the testicles would hit the scrotum instead, but the only way around it was to cut off the scrotum then hit the testicles so it's kind of ridiculous and you probably shouldn't do that.

The ass around the prostate does nothing because the prostate is an internal organ inside the rectum. Same for lower body being around the uterus and ovaries. The areola are also around the breasts which is kind of strange. My first thought is that it would mean 10% of hits to the breast would hit the areola instead, but doing some testing I think it does nothing, probably because the areola is attached to the breast, rather than the upper body.

thank you, all these tags are a large mystery to me and the df-wiki too

For how I'm testing, I downloaded the most recent pre-steam dwarf fortress to use an object testing arena where I can directly control a dwarf and repeatedly punch another dwarf's breasts and they never hit the areola instead. I've used it to test a few other things. So far there seems to be an issue with tissue definitions probably not working, but that might result from the messy copy paste into the creature_standard file I used to get it working on an older version.

yeah, my testing method with the steam version without adventure mode was by dropping dwarfs into magma and see if relevant body parts melted.

Anyway for more subjective suggestions: I'd have the scrotum connect to the lower body not the penis. Maybe remove small so it actually gets hit. You can add joint to the testicles to allow them to be wrestled if the scrotum is grabbed. Though I think the mods that just make the testicles body parts on their own and not inside a scrotum are easier and work better.

would it make sense to surround the testicles with scrotum in this case? I guess I could ditch it and give the balls some skin

As for what to add next, humans, elves, and goblins are obvious. Adding the body parts would be easy but the graphics would be harder. Having to adapt them over. I'd prioritize goblins since they're the one you see the most of.

first I'll fix dwarfs and then I'll do the gobbos!

Your comment was exactly what I've needed.

6 hours ago, Skömer said:

would it make sense to surround the testicles with scrotum in this case? I guess I could ditch it and give the balls some skin

I've seen a lot of different methods from different mods. I think probably the worst one was the one I mentioned, with the scrotum around the testicles in the body plan. As I said "I have seen a mod do that before and it kind of worked. Basically every attack targeting the testicles would hit the scrotum instead, but the only way around it was to cut off the scrotum then hit the testicles so it's kind of ridiculous and you probably shouldn't do that."

One of the oldest mods I could find, Legendary Lands, had this which seemed to work well enough. This is similar to what you have, with the main change I'd suggest being having the scrotum connect to the lower body.

[BODY:MALE_REPRODUCTIVE]
        [BP:PH:phallus:phalluses][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][SMALL][CATEGORY:PHALLUS]
            [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:10]
        [BP:SCRT:scrotum:scrotums][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][SMALL][CATEGORY:SCROTUM]
            [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:10]
        [BP:LTST:left testicle:left testicles][CON:SCRT][SMALL][INTERNAL][CATEGORY:TESTICLE]

[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:3]

[BP:RTST:right testicle:right testicles][CON:SCRT][SMALL][INTERNAL][CATEGORY:TESTICLE]

[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:3]

Then the foocubus mod and most descendants had something like this, which is also very similar to the old Genesis mod which was a very popular mod in the past, and actually has been ported to Steam recently, but the genitals were removed. It's kind of funny you can actually see the place where they used to be defined. Every creature file still has the male caste defined then the entire body defined, then the female caste defined then the entire body defined, but the body defined is the same. So there's no purpose to defining them separately, but there used to be one since they had different body parts added. So it probably wouldn't be too hard to add them back in. Anyway Genesis was basically this but much smaller RELSIZE, and the penis also had small on it.

[BODY:MALE_NOGRASP]
    [BP:DI:penis:penises][CON:LB][CATEGORY:DICK]
        [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]

[BP:DIRB:right ball:right balls][SMALL][CON:DI][CATEGORY:BALLS]

[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:50]

[BP:DILB:left ball:left balls][SMALL][CON:DI][CATEGORY:BALLS]

[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:50]

Having seen all these mods, I've also come up with my own to attempt to get the benefits of both. Though it might seem weird from looking at the code, from an in-game perspective the dwarf would have two visible body parts "penis" and "balls". If hit in the "balls" part, it would hurt appropriately. Then there's the possibility of hitting and damaging one specifically. I think this is an improvement over having individual testicles to target which is a bit silly, while not having a scrotum that just absorbs the damage a lot of the time. Though this exact setup does leave the question of whether there should be skin on the CATEGORY:BALLS so maybe you could keep them in separate categories, one with skin and one without. This does also have the occasional grammar issue. You'll get like, "dwarf 1's balls's skin was torn." There aren't actually as many as you might expect though. Also I remembered most mods leave them [SMALL] and there is a more significant potential gameplay impact from them not being [SMALL] so to keep it safe you could have that on all the body parts.

[BODY:MALE]
    [BP:DI:penis:penises][CON:LB][GELDABLE][CATEGORY:DICK]
        [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:90]
    [BP:BALLS:balls:balls][CON:LB][GELDABLE][CATEGORY:BALLS]
        [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:40]
    [BP:DIRB:right ball:right balls][CON:BALLS][INTERNAL][SMALL][JOINT][CATEGORY:BALLS]
    [BP:DIlB:left ball:left balls][CON:BALLS][INTERNAL][SMALL][JOINT][CATEGORY:BALLS]

I'll let you choose what you think is best. I mostly prefer my own but it's not an obvious perfect winner.

Edited by whateverdontcare
27 minutes ago, Skömer said:

not sure about pubes for goblins, they have no head hair textures either after all

Goblins definitely have hair. There's a whole lot of defining the hair at the bottom of the goblin file. Including facial hair.

[CASTE:MALE]
        [MALE]
        [SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
        [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
    [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
        [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:CHEEK:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]

3 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Goblins definitely have hair. There's a whole lot of defining the hair at the bottom of the goblin file. Including facial hair.

[CASTE:MALE]
        [MALE]
        [SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
        [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
    [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
        [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:CHEEK:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
         [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]

I feel like df might add hair textures for goblins eventually, i might wait with the pubes until then

so how do you feel about shortstack goblins? I feel like they don't fit the lore that much, also stray away pretty far from the base game textures so they would work better with new clothing textures (also boring without hair imo)

shortstack.png

1 hour ago, Skömer said:

I feel like df might add hair textures for goblins eventually, i might wait with the pubes until then

so how do you feel about shortstack goblins? I feel like they don't fit the lore that much, also stray away pretty far from the base game textures so they would work better with new clothing textures (also boring without hair imo)

shortstack.png

I think that example works well enough. I was guessing goblins would just be similar to dwarves where it depends on the size.

Shortstack goblins would be funny. Dwarf Fortress goblins are basically minor demons though they do still reproduce sexually and can reproduce with the other main races (not implemented just been in the giant list of plans for many years) but still have stuff like not needing to eat. Putting it like that, it does almost fit with like, Corruption of Champions goblins which I think might be the origin of the shortstack goblins.

The main post has elves on it but in-game they're bugged and appear as a floating piece of hair with no body.

By cave creatures do you mean the intelligent animal people underground? Amphibian man, antman, bat man, cave fish man, cave swallow man, olm man, reptile man, rodent man, serpent man? Them and kobolds are the only remaining creatures in an entity so they would make sense though they're all a bit weird. Do antwomen have boobs? Do kobolds? It's actually canon, there's a note in the files, that kobolds have internal testicles and presumably cloaca considering the egg laying. And with eggs that means definitely no breasts. You could add them anyway for fun, the lust demons mod did.

Then there's also the many, many non-intelligent animal people on the surface. I would say they aren't worth the effort of editing the sprite unless you really want to.

I'll mention other humanoids of some significance

Cyclops, ettin, giant, minotaur: all semi-megabeasts

bronze colossus?: the only humanoid megabeast though it's a non-gendered living statue

mountain gnome and dark gnome: only found on good or evil mountains but they're humanoid and intelligent so kind of interesting

troll: a common wild creature in caves AND a very common animal for goblins to bring with them or have around in their dark fortresses (once adventurer mode is added). A very important creature.

Molemarian: mole rat centaurs that live underground.

Plump helmet man, blind cave ogres, crundles, fire imps, gorlak, green devourer, gremlins, reacher, troglodyte: the other kind of humanoids that live in the caverns. Ogres, troglodytes, and gremlins being the more humanoid and less horrible monster ones.

Mud man, magma man, fire man, iron man, amethyst man, blizzard man, grimeling: weird elemental humanoids that don't have male or female.

The rest of the creature_standard file: I already mentioned several of them for something else above but the creature_standard file has most of the special humanoids in the game so here are the ones not listed yet:

Ogres, satyrs (all male), yetis, sasquatches, fairies and pixies (both vermin so too small to do much), foul blendecs (all male), stranglers, nightwings, harpies (all female), and mermaids.

On 3/13/2023 at 8:18 PM, whateverdontcare said:

The main post has elves on it but in-game they're bugged and appear as a floating piece of hair with no body.

By cave creatures do you mean the intelligent animal people underground? Amphibian man, antman, bat man, cave fish man, cave swallow man, olm man, reptile man, rodent man, serpent man? Them and kobolds are the only remaining creatures in an entity so they would make sense though they're all a bit weird. Do antwomen have boobs? Do kobolds? It's actually canon, there's a note in the files, that kobolds have internal testicles and presumably cloaca considering the egg laying. And with eggs that means definitely no breasts. You could add them anyway for fun, the lust demons mod did.

Then there's also the many, many non-intelligent animal people on the surface. I would say they aren't worth the effort of editing the sprite unless you really want to.

I'll mention other humanoids of some significance

Cyclops, ettin, giant, minotaur: all semi-megabeasts

bronze colossus?: the only humanoid megabeast though it's a non-gendered living statue

mountain gnome and dark gnome: only found on good or evil mountains but they're humanoid and intelligent so kind of interesting

troll: a common wild creature in caves AND a very common animal for goblins to bring with them or have around in their dark fortresses (once adventurer mode is added). A very important creature.

Molemarian: mole rat centaurs that live underground.

Plump helmet man, blind cave ogres, crundles, fire imps, gorlak, green devourer, gremlins, reacher, troglodyte: the other kind of humanoids that live in the caverns. Ogres, troglodytes, and gremlins being the more humanoid and less horrible monster ones.

Mud man, magma man, fire man, iron man, amethyst man, blizzard man, grimeling: weird elemental humanoids that don't have male or female.

The rest of the creature_standard file: I already mentioned several of them for something else above but the creature_standard file has most of the special humanoids in the game so here are the ones not listed yet:

Ogres, satyrs (all male), yetis, sasquatches, fairies and pixies (both vermin so too small to do much), foul blendecs (all male), stranglers, nightwings, harpies (all female), and mermaids.

do these animal people all spawn with clothes? would be nice to keep their clothed sprites in that case, tried to get animal people to spawn in fortress mode to check but without luck.

On 3/19/2023 at 2:09 PM, Skömer said:

do these animal people all spawn with clothes? would be nice to keep their clothed sprites in that case, tried to get animal people to spawn in fortress mode to check but without luck.

I haven't used it myself, but isn't arena mode perfect for that kind of testing? You can spawn anything in the game in that mode as far as I know.

6 minutes ago, Kashked said:

I haven't used it myself, but isn't arena mode perfect for that kind of testing? You can spawn anything in the game in that mode as far as I know.

you have to manually give them clothes, I want to know if they spawn with clothes in fortress/adventure mode so I can try to figure out a way to make their clothes sprites show up when they are clothed and be naked when they aren't. otherwise if they wear no clothes they would just look out of place being naked all the time imo

On 3/20/2023 at 4:19 PM, Skömer said:

you have to manually give them clothes, I want to know if they spawn with clothes in fortress/adventure mode so I can try to figure out a way to make their clothes sprites show up when they are clothed and be naked when they aren't. otherwise if they wear no clothes they would just look out of place being naked all the time imo

Alright, makes sense. As far as I know all animal-men as well as intelligent underground creatures are naked by default, carrying only weapons and shields in the case of intelligent underground creatures, presumably looted items as they can arrive carrying steel, a metal they can't work. There is no evidence that animal-men or intelligent underground creatures have any kind of industry of their own, so they don't make clothes of their own.

This might be incorrect for animal-men who are part of a civilization though. It is possible to craft clothes for them, but they have to be custom-made by the player in fortress mode. My world isn't old enough to have any significant civilized populations of animal-men, so I don't know if they will be spawned clothed if they arrive in your fortress from a civ.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:05 AM, dr678diablo@gmail.com said:

Great Job Skomer, Thank you for making this,I look foward to seeing this mod developed further. I hope it does.

don't worry, I dont plan to give up any time soon, it's not that easy with the (many different) way(s) df handles things and the limited time I have to figure it out

Edited by Skömer
On 3/22/2023 at 4:06 PM, Kashked said:

Alright, makes sense. As far as I know all animal-men as well as intelligent underground creatures are naked by default, carrying only weapons and shields in the case of intelligent underground creatures, presumably looted items as they can arrive carrying steel, a metal they can't work. There is no evidence that animal-men or intelligent underground creatures have any kind of industry of their own, so they don't make clothes of their own.

This might be incorrect for animal-men who are part of a civilization though. It is possible to craft clothes for them, but they have to be custom-made by the player in fortress mode. My world isn't old enough to have any significant civilized populations of animal-men, so I don't know if they will be spawned clothed if they arrive in your fortress from a civ.

Ive made animal people into their own mod since large images don't want to be in layers and that way you can choose whether or not your creatures are naked.

I am torn whether or not i should give boobies to animal people.

Edited by Skömer
8 hours ago, Skömer said:

Ive made animal people into their own mod since large images don't want to be in layers and that way you can choose whether or not your creatures are naked.

I am torn whether or not i should give boobies to animal people.

Well at the least if they're based off a mammal then they should. Of the subterranean animal people that's... only bats and rodents.

I think it's more fun if they all do but that's optional.

23 hours ago, Skömer said:

don't worry, I dont plan to give up any time soon, it's not that easy with the (many different) way(s) df handles things and the limited time I have to figure it out

Yeah there is alot of different things you could do with this mod, and lots of different ways to do it in Df. Let me know if you want to hear some of my ideas, i could list them on and on, but im sure you have your own plate.

11 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Well at the least if they're based off a mammal then they should. Of the subterranean animal people that's... only bats and rodents.

I think it's more fun if they all do but that's optional.

I mean if its more fun shouldnt you do. Im okay with big titty bat girl >.> where is this animal people mod?

1 hour ago, dr678diablo@gmail.com said:

Yeah there is alot of different things you could do with this mod, and lots of different ways to do it in Df. Let me know if you want to hear some of my ideas, i could list them on and on, but im sure you have your own plate.

sure, I'd love some ideas, as long as they aren't too crazy and distract from the vanilla gameplay too much - this should be the job of add-on mods, I want to create a good base I and others can build on top of

although for now I will try to finish uncensoring the animal people's sprites first

my largest problem right now is to get large_image sprites to work in layers, otherwise I can't make large creatures gender distinct, this already cost me hours and nothing seems to work

Edited by Skömer
13 hours ago, Skömer said:

sure, I'd love some ideas, as long as they aren't too crazy and distract from the vanilla gameplay too much - this should be the job of add-on mods, I want to create a good base I and others can build on top of

although for now I will try to finish uncensoring the animal people's sprites first

my largest problem right now is to get large_image sprites to work in layers, otherwise I can't make large creatures gender distinct, this already cost me hours and nothing seems to work

My first idea is to look for a regular animal that would look different. I don't know exactly what you mean by large creatures.

[DEFAULT:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:LARGE_IMAGE:0:186:2:187:AS_IS]

Is it things defined with this like, LARGE_IMAGE?

Either way my first idea was lions right? Those should look different male or female, and giant lions have this large_image.

So this is how male and female giant lions are defined. Hopefully that should help.

[CREATURE_CASTE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_LION:MALE]
    [ANIMATED:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:LARGE_IMAGE:5:186:7:187:AS_IS]
    [CORPSE:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:10:187:AS_IS]
    [LIST_ICON:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:10:186]

[CREATURE_CASTE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_LION:FEMALE]
     [DEFAULT:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:LARGE_IMAGE:0:188:2:189:AS_IS]
    [ANIMATED:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:LARGE_IMAGE:5:188:7:189:AS_IS]
    [CORPSE:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:10:189:AS_IS]
    [LIST_ICON:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:10:188]

On 3/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, whateverdontcare said:

My first idea is to look for a regular animal that would look different. I don't know exactly what you mean by large creatures.

Is it things defined with this like, LARGE_IMAGE?

Either way my first idea was lions right? Those should look different male or female, and giant lions have this large_image.

So this is how male and female giant lions are defined. Hopefully that should help.

[CREATURE_CASTE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_LION:MALE]
    [ANIMATED:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:LARGE_IMAGE:5:186:7:187:AS_IS]
    [CORPSE:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:10:187:AS_IS]
    [LIST_ICON:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:10:186]

[CREATURE_CASTE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_LION:FEMALE]
     [DEFAULT:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:LARGE_IMAGE:0:188:2:189:AS_IS]
    [ANIMATED:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:LARGE_IMAGE:5:188:7:189:AS_IS]
    [CORPSE:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:10:189:AS_IS]
    [LIST_ICON:CREATURES_SURFACE_GIANT:10:188]

well I now have confirmation it wont work until an update adds the ability to CUT and SELECT graphics unless I replace the entire vanilla creature graphics folder, off to a good start

Edited by Skömer
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ownage123 said:

A mod on the steam workshop enhances the visuals of creatures so it may be possible. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2903486617

that mod doesn't change animal people, so it doesn't have the problem of large images. The problem being it is impossible to convert unlayered large images into layered ones with a mod without the vanilla creature graphics overriding them. I've spoken with the third df dev about it and they basically said that it's a wonder we can override any vanilla texture at all.

that mod is still impressive, thank you for sharing

Edited by Skömer