NOTICE: The new site is now moved to the original www.loverslab.com URL. The site may be up and down during this transition and there is still some tweaks and setup going on, so you may experience the occasional broken link, visual oddity, and other such errors. 

If you notice anything any particular that's broken or have any suggestions or comments, please post them in the following thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/

The old site will remain accessible for the next week via the URL http://old.loverslab.com

I think i will instal The Sims 3 again for this mod xD, whole expansion pack its so pain in the ass to be instal in one time

I recommend Late Night, World adventures, and Island Paradise as the best 3 expansions, if you're going to get any (razzor69).

Island Paradise is like Sims 2: Castaways, but far more modern and civilized. You can even live on a houseboat, and go scuba diving. Be careful! If you like to use high graphics, specifically, if you are using the highest water graphics, you'd better have a sweet graphics card! Isla Paradiso is just a collection of small Islands, surrounded by miles of ocean, so high water graphics will kick the crap out of your graphics card for certain!

Late Night gives you the ability to learn how to mix drinks, which pairs nicely with the 'Get Drunk' mod. I think that's on modthesims. I also recommend the smoking mod to smokers (obviously).

World Adventures lets you make wine from your own grapes, but I recommend it mostly for it's travel option. You can fly to China and learn Sim-Fu, and spar with any sims that have learned the art. You can also have ranked matches, and learn to teleport. It's what you learn at the peak of your meditation.

Warning! New update fuck*d up my game!

As far as I know, this only applies to those who decide to start their game on Isla Paradiso (Paradise Island). If you have this (awesome as hell) expansion, you may have to begin your adventure in a different world.

That's right...you can move to different worlds with the new update!  :lol: 'Bout time!

Anyway, it seems that Paradise Island has issues with a mod or 2. If you start your game there, you're quite likely to find that after an hour or 2 of gameplay, your game will run for 8 seconds, and freeze for 6 seconds. Run for 8, freeze for 6. Sucks ass.

Starting somewhere else, and moving to the new town after a couple days (or more) works fine, which I find very strange and unexplainable.  :-/ I digress. Play it as I've instructed, and all mods should work just fine, and you should have no problems.

I recommend players with amazing computers turn the water up to 'Super Water' if they can. It's true computer graphics you're seeing there. Very nice, IF your graphics card can take it (I recommend an NVIDEA GTX GEFORCE 650). I-M-O

^

You probably get a sims pathfinding stuck issue (a route fail) at the background.

When you update your game, and load a save, all the sims were reseted (jump) and some of them are jump into a wrong place that lead into a pathfinding stuck issue.

You must find them in the world map and reset them manually using Twallan's Master Controller to send them back to their home.

Or use Twallan's Overwatch to automatically teleport any stuck or route fail sims.

EDIT: You can also did a Global Reset in Master Controller at the City Hall, to reset the entire world. But I prefer to do this as the last attempt.

I get the strangest error when this happens. It's like a Sims version of a 'blue screen', but the screen stays normal underneath it. I'll see a few options I've never seen before: Reset, Reset Actor and Object (or something like that), Delete, Scroll to, stuff like that, and an error message pops up saying that a sim was targeting a missing object. Is this a game issue, or a mod issue?

^

I never get that error massage before. There are probabilities:

1. Savegame corrupt.

If you start a new game and try to play another savegame, and there's no error. Then that savegame is corrupt. Try to use the backup (aka previous savegame).

2. Patch and mod incompatibility.

If another savegame are also get the same error message, then it definitely there are some mod you forget to update after patching the game. The solution is updating the mod. It's better to remove all the mods you have, redownload and copy it again one by one to make sure everything are up to date.

I know that stuff, I mean could the invalid reference to an object be due to the update, the Paradise Island expansion, or is it certainly a mod issue, because I just played for an hour to test again, and everything's gravy. Everything looks great, especially on the max-ALL graphics settings I'm using.  :sleepy:

^

It's probably you moved some cc and forget to move it back.

I just updated and installed Into the Future. No problem, including updating all the mods too, except the Woohooer. It probably need a couple of weeks. He said he rework the code...I hope something revolutionary will come. :lol:

I played a bit more, and the pause glitch happened again. "Reloaded" my game (I hate that you have to quit to desktop to load a different save), and 'Traveled' to China for a while (Sim-Fu). Problem solved, but I saw that error even there, and I did what I thought was wisest with the 'Blue-screen' options. I ended with a delete of the offending object.

There are many ways to avoid this problem, but it requires you to be an adventurer. Neat, but what if you're raising a child (or 2)?

^

It seems you have a very serious problem...

Had you try to start a new game without mods? To see if the mods are the source of the problem.

If it's still the same...you probably need to reinstall TS3 and all Exp packs.

WOW!!!! A forum for Sims 3 here at LL..... Never thought of it before......

Just saw you had a problem. Did you ever try deleting the package files in Document/.../Sims3 folder (base folder, not the mod folder)?

The 5 package files that reside in the base folder. Just try deleting it and check if it fine.

I had the same problem and most of the time it was resolved.

Those problem usually flagged by "NRAAS Overwatch" or "NRAAS Go Here" mod. Not the base game.

**I always delete these files after adding or removing a mod.

You mean the cache packages? Yeah. That was the 1st thing I did. The problem comes and goes. If I see it happen, I just quit and load to before it happened, and it works for a while, sometimes all night. It's annoying, but it hasn't ended my gameplay or anything. If the freezing does start, you must quit. Continuing makes stay like that, no matter how long you play.

^

Have you try to remove all your mod and start a new game? See if the problem still exist.

If yes, then probably the patch broke the game.

Are you playing Island Paradise right now?

As far as I know, Island Paradise is having the routing issue where it freeze most of the time. Don't know any routing fix for that world yet.

Oh yeah... the freeze will still be there even you play without any mod. Reinstall it still won't solve the problem.

Anyway... play it as long as you can... and don't be angry about it... it EA afterall....

**Try this mod if you are impatient.

That "mod" will require an Awful lot of extra stuff, but I don't even care. Considering what all of that stuff does (prerequisites), I should get to know these things anyway. Thanks. ;) I didn't realize it was so common. Stupid lags. :angry: Stupid EA! :@

Don't worry about it... the world fix may be available once all the fix been done (by the same modder).... I'm just waiting for that fix to come out.

Until then I won't be playing I.P.

* He/she also have most of world (EA world only) fixes released for used. I use those fixes for now.

I was wrong. It's not worth learning all that. I don't see a .world available for IP. Does that mean it can't be "fixed" yet? I'm not about to learn that many new programs, or read for 8 hours, or download even more stuff, so if you know a really simple way to get the files from the link you gave me to work in my worlds folder, I'd just love that. IP is the only world that ever had this issue.

That is why I stop playing IP for now. I'm waiting for those resource to be completed and released as fixed .world file so I can play IP again. Hope the ITF doesn't have routing issue as bad as IP.

** Just d/l twallan story proggression for 1.63. Waiting for Woohooer...woo hoo

Use Twallan's Overwatch mod.

It can help to reset sims who had routing issue in the background. I never had any slowdown, lag or freeze, even in Island Paradise since the first day I played it.

It can help to reset sims who had routing issue in the background. I never had any slowdown, lag or freeze, even in Island Paradise since the first day I played it.

(sigh) okay...

I wonder, has EA ever fixed routing errors for an expansion before? And is using Overwatch easy, or will I need to 'learn' how to use it? My brain can't handle another class right now...

(sigh) okay...

I wonder, has EA ever fixed routing errors for an expansion before? And is using Overwatch easy, or will I need to 'learn' how to use it? My brain can't handle another class right now...

:D

I read The Sims 4 has very very smooth, stuck free routing solution. It said they just do a little tweak over The Sims 3 routing method...that bring me a question, if it only need a little tweak, why don't fix The Sims 3?

EA! :dodgy:

EA logic: No profit, why bothersome to spend money to fix it. Beside it's also good for The Sims 4 sales, forcing The Sims 3 fans to immigrate to The Sims 4.

No learning curve for using Overwatch. Just like Woohooer, you just need to read the options. It purposely to run in the background to fix and make the game run smoother.

I read The Sims 4 has very very smooth, stuck free routing solution. It said they just do a little tweak over The Sims 3 routing method...that bring me a question, if it only need a little tweak, why don't fix The Sims 3?

Right!? Couldn't have said it better myself! Why don't they care at all about customer service!? How about fixing your own mistakes!? (fills with rage)

I know they want to sell S4 (is that already out!?), but that doesn't mean they should completely ignore everything they've already released. If we can expect the same level of support from EA on S4, I won't even buy it! I can't stand it when a game is released, and troubleshooting is left to modders! Modders aren't paid for their work!! EA employees are paid a fortune for their's! And yet, MODDERS are giving far better support for EA games! ...? Really!? That's a very dirty thing to do to EA Games fans! Hell, I give better customer service than those deadbeats!

GRRRR!!! bth_beating-head-against-the-wall-1.gif

Right!? Couldn't have said it better myself! Why don't they care at all about customer service!? How about fixing your own mistakes!? (fills with rage)

I know they want to sell S4 (is that already out!?), but that doesn't mean they should completely ignore everything they've already released. If we can expect the same level of support from EA on S4, I won't even buy it! I can't stand it when a game is released, and troubleshooting is left to modders! Modders aren't paid for their work!! EA employees are paid a fortune for their's! And yet, MODDERS are giving far better support for EA games! ...? Really!? That's a very dirty thing to do to EA Games fans! Hell, I give better customer service than those deadbeats!

GRRRR!!! bth_beating-head-against-the-wall-1.gif

I think we should make a rant for it in TS3 official forum, to implement TS4 routing improvement in TS3. So far no one make a rant about the routing issue.

Be my guest bro. I've already got a lot going on in LL, but it does deserve a rant thread. Actually, that would be better for SimLab. I don't want to hate on EA here. I'll hate on 'em somewhere else.  :P

Um, GECK.O...it seems S4 won't be out for another year...

Dude...they better not have canned support for S3 already! I need people to stop trying to mess with stuff they can't reach! I get errors everywhere now! It must have something to do with the new update. I've never seen anything like this before I got the update. PI was obviously a waste of money if EA won't fix it's bugs, or any other bugs for that matter.