Sexlab Cum Overlays Extended

On 3/9/2023 at 11:49 AM, DuskWorlder said:

In regards to the textures, I've noticed that some of the vagina ones cut off abruptly. I am using a CBBE 3BA body hence why I'd earlier asked what body the textures were made for. Do you have any idea what might be causing it?

I can get pictures later if that would help.

Unfortunately, I think that's an issue with the underlying textures. I see the issue you're talking about with the SLACS set but not the SLACS Retexture. Is it set-specific for you?

22 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Unfortunately, I think that's an issue with the underlying textures. I see the issue you're talking about with the SLACS set but not the SLACS Retexture. Is it set-specific for you?

I think it's the SLACS one specifically, which is interesting since I never had that issue when I used the original SLACS from what I remember.

56 minutes ago, DuskWorlder said:

I think it's the SLACS one specifically, which is interesting since I never had that issue when I used the original SLACS from what I remember.

Yeah it's a Racemenu overlay thing. Most textures are 1-to-1 but some need to be edited to work as an overlay.

v0.0.7 is live. This includes a significant number of potentially breaking changes so I've left v0.0.6 up if it doesn't work. You can read the changelog for all the changes. This new version no longer requires sets to be named specifically, so you can basically install sets like mods. I'll put up some of Dasha's edited sets as optional downloads.

5 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Not a texture artist so it would be out of scope for me. If someone does fix it, it's easy enough to drop in.

Alright. I'm also no good with textures, but I think it would make sense to add this to the "Future Plans" section of the mod in hopes of someone more skilled noticing.

Excited for the new update!

I am seeing the blue skin issue on NPCs with the 0.7 version as well. It is not all textures as if I go into RaceMenu on those NPCs and remove one labeled as 1 the blue goes away. I am not sure exactly which "1" it is though.

On a side note, I would like to see a overlay that coats the legs as well. This would work well with Fill Her Up when you are expelling.

Can y'all send me a pic or just text of what the inside of your Textures/Sexlab - Cum Overlays/Vaginal folder looks like? Just need to confirm something before I post a fix.

Mine looks like this

Random

SLACS

SLACS Plus

SLACS Retexture

Edited by ponzipyramid

EDIT - Scratch this. Tried on a new game and it worked fine. So probably something to do with upgrading mid game. 

Good job. However noticed that while applying the textures there is a black flickering thing going on. Once all the textures have applied it stops. Tested using the fancy new debug feature and a bitch to capture. However managed to get a capture of what I mean:->

image.png.efd8b0cdc0cce2f6988077f2a2199fb7.png

Edited by spoonsinger
After further testing.

I'm also having the blue skin thing (which I know happens when there's a texture error with an overlay) for 0.0.7.

Here's the file path for the textures in the latest rar file. I'm assuming the extra "Sexlab - Cum Overlays" folder is the one causing file path problems.

Screenshot_152.png

Edit: Looked through the script, its not the "Sexlab - Cum Overlays" folder causing problems, I don't understand the script enough to say where its wrong though.

-------------------Above stuff basically doesn't matter-------------------

Edit 2: Ok nevermind, I think the problem is simply that if you update from an old version, it does not know the new names of the folders and continues to use sets from folder "1", "2", or "3". Changing the set to any valid one in the MCM menu's debug fixes the blue skin. I think adding a note on the main page or informing users in-game when they update should suffice.

Last Edit (Probably): Just read the main page telling you to fully re-install for updates lol. Guess its just bad modding habits.

Edited by Asshole691

I realized halfway through my changes that it needed a clean save, so I added some auto-upgrade logic I thought would work and apparently it didn't. I'll see if there's a workaround.

8 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

EDIT - Scratch this. Tried on a new game and it worked fine. So probably something to do with upgrading mid game. 

Good job. However noticed that while applying the textures there is a black flickering thing going on. Once all the textures have applied it stops. Tested using the fancy new debug feature and a bitch to capture. However managed to get a capture of what I mean:->

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.efd8b0cdc0cce2f6988077f2a2199fb7.png

Can't replicate this. Can you try using another mod that applies Racemenu overlays like SlaveTats or BiS Tweaked and see if the issue reappears?

Edited by ponzipyramid
6 hours ago, Asshole691 said:

I'm also having the blue skin thing (which I know happens when there's a texture error with an overlay) for 0.0.7.

Here's the file path for the textures in the latest rar file. I'm assuming the extra "Sexlab - Cum Overlays" folder is the one causing file path problems.

Screenshot_152.png

Edit: Looked through the script, its not the "Sexlab - Cum Overlays" folder causing problems, I don't understand the script enough to say where its wrong though.

-------------------Above stuff basically doesn't matter-------------------

Edit 2: Ok nevermind, I think the problem is simply that if you update from an old version, it does not know the new names of the folders and continues to use sets from folder "1", "2", or "3". Changing the set to any valid one in the MCM menu's debug fixes the blue skin. I think adding a note on the main page or informing users in-game when they update should suffice.

Last Edit (Probably): Just read the main page telling you to fully re-install for updates lol. Guess its just bad modding habits.

11 hours ago, Slimreb said:

I am seeing the blue skin issue on NPCs with the 0.7 version as well. It is not all textures as if I go into RaceMenu on those NPCs and remove one labeled as 1 the blue goes away. I am not sure exactly which "1" it is though.

On a side note, I would like to see a overlay that coats the legs as well. This would work well with Fill Her Up when you are expelling.

14 hours ago, DeathBlight said:

I'm getting purple texture bug when is set to random. No bug when I choose a specific set. 

14 hours ago, DuskWorlder said:

I'm currently testing v0.0.7 for SE Utility Plus and all the textures appear to be missing, no matter which combination I try.image.png.df52ff4ee0fd81260ad2e5b181c191c0.png

I had the purple texture bug aswell. Then I read the installation instructions very carefully and the problem is fixed :D

Before installing the newest version, you have to go into your skyrim installation path and manually remove the folder: "Data\textures\Sexlab - Cum Overlays".
Otherwise you'll have old entries labeled as "1.. 2.. 3.." inside your file structures, which all don't contain any texture files inside them, resulting in the purple texture bug :)

Edited by memati?
4 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

I realized halfway through my changes that it needed a clean save, so I added some auto-upgrade logic I thought would work and apparently it didn't. I'll see if there's a workaround.

Can't replicate this. Can you try using another mod that applies Racemenu overlays like SlaveTats or BiS Tweaked and see if the issue reappears?

Will do. but also spent most of the day changing my load order anyway. Last time I checked it was working fine.

If I was a betting man I'd say me disabling the old version, with it's extra textures and then enabling the new version that it still thought that there were textures in those positions, which weren't obviously there anymore.  

25 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

Will do. but also spent most of the day changing my load order anyway. Last time I checked it was working fine.

If I was a betting man I'd say me disabling the old version, with it's extra textures and then enabling the new version that it still thought that there were textures in those positions, which weren't obviously there anymore.  

I'm relatively new to Skyrim modding so this is a genuine question: is it standard for new updates to not require uninstalling the old version?

v0.0.8 is up. This is minor, fixes some bugs I think are contributing to the purple texture issue. There's also some proper set validation logic to exclude sets with the wrong number of textures so the stale folder issue doesn't happen again. Might still be some issues just let me know.

Plans for the next update:

• Allow different number of textures per set: this is necessary for the next feature and also lets you install some other sets that are floating around with only 2 textures.
  • Random facials: When oral function is called randomly apply a facial texture from Cum Textures Remake. There's also this on FO4 side but it needs a conversion (that may not be so trivial)

1 minute ago, ponzipyramid said:

I'm relatively new to Skyrim modding so this is a genuine question: is it standard for new updates to not require uninstalling the old version?

Generally, (well in my experience), the user of said mod will remove, (or disable in their mod organising tool of choice), the old mod and install/enable the new mod. If installing the new version mid game also ensuring it's the the same position in the load order.  Now the thing is what sometimes happens is that if people say use mod orangizer, they install the new mod but don't disable the old mod in the left hand pane, so scripts and other assets from the old mod are still potentially there when the virtual file system is constructed. These may be overwritten by the new mod but sometimes the new mod doesn't actually use or have those things in their set of assests. Therefore they are not overwritten and are still kicking about. This can sometimes be a problem, sometimes not. Depends on case.

(When I say people, I do mean me as well -  can be totally guilty of doing that).

EDIT2: jjabrams420 fix got it working, many thanks.

EDIT: Reinstalled with 1.65 version (after also getting rid of p+). Seems like it's working now, except also getting the blue skin bug.

I keep getting a message on startup (new game) that I need to reinstall the mod because there's a problem with my texture installation ("SCO Texture Folder Invalid- Reinstall"). I'm using the p+ compatible version with the newest patch floating around here somewhere.

Did I miss something during installation? I can see when I open up the texture directory that there are dds files in the right places, and I don't have any other texture packs beyond what comes in this mod.

Maybe worth mentioning that I'm on the GOG version, but my only issue seems to be with the textures and getting them to show up. Also (in case it's relevant) I use BHUNP, not cbbe

Edited by BadJoke
9 hours ago, memati? said:

I had the purple texture bug aswell. Then I read the installation instructions very carefully and the problem is fixed :D

Before installing the newest version, you have to go into your skyrim installation path and manually remove the folder: "Data\textures\Sexlab - Cum Overlays".
Otherwise you'll have old entries labeled as "1.. 2.. 3.." inside your file structures, which all don't contain any texture files inside them, resulting in the purple texture bug :)

That isn't the issue I was having as I used MO2 to install the mod and did a replace of the .6 version. That deletes the old mod and installs the new mod. I haven't been around NPCs much to try to get more information on it. I did use the Debug option in the MCM and applied all layers for each texture option and did not have the purple body. The only time I have seen it is with NPCs.