Sexlab Cum Overlays Extended

Sexlab Cum Overlays Extended

View File

This is a mod built on top of @Monoman1's Sexlab Cum Overlays that aims to overhaul Sexlab's cum system and fill the gaps between existing mods. These improvements include:

• Using Racemenu overlays instead of magic effects to increase compatibility with other effects including magic effect shaders and dirt mods
  • Unlimited layers instead of Sexlab's default 2
  • Persistent NPC cum across cells
  • Randomized textures applied on an area by area basis to increase variation
  • Compatibility with mods dependent on Sexlab's native cum functions like Sexlab Survival, Sexlab Sexual Fame, etc.
  • Simplified texture set creation for artists (see the for Artists section below)

Compatibility
This patch edits core Sexlab scripts. As a result, patches for each version of Sexlab and other mods that edit these files are required. Post in the support thread if you've found another incompatibility and I'll add it to the list. If you've made a patch and are okay with me including it in the FOMOD (with credit), please reach out. If your SL version is the not needed section, ensure it overwrites SCOE.

Not Needed:

• Sexlab P+ v1.8.2.3 or greater (do not overwrite)

Available:

• Sexlab v1.63 (SE)
  • Sexlab v1.65 (AE) (courtesy of @t374314)
  • Sexlab Utility Plus v20230603
  • Sexlab P+ v1.8.2.2
  • Sexlab v1.62 (LE)
  • Sexlab VR Patch

Requirements

Hard:

Recommended:

Installation

1. If you're already an SCO user, make a clean save without it: uninstall it, load into your game, save, then quit
  2. This mod requires 3 extra overlay slots for each body part (face, hands, legs, body) so edit your skee64.ini to increase them. Keep in mind performance may degrade as the number of slots per area increases and you will max out at 128 per area (as per the Racemenu description). Remember that these overlay slots are shared between all mods including SlaveTats.
  3. Set Sexlab's cum timer to maximum in order to let SCOE take care of expiration
  4. Install this mod, ensure you select the correct patches for your modlist when prompted and overwrite all other mods (except those listed in the not needed list)
  5. Install any additional sets you want like a regular mod.
  6. Open the MCM for Sexlab Cum Overlays and run redetect sets
  7. Set your preferred timers using the SCO MCM

For LE/VR Users:

Spoiler

After installing the base mod and all texture sets, you will need to rename the set folders to allow the fallback registration method to process your sets. This process is almost identical to the original SCO. Instead of the custom set names, you will need to rename each to Setn where n is the set's index starting from 0

Go into the folder for each body part (Anal, Vaginal, Oral) and edit your folder names to resemble the following image:

image.png.318c144eb1ad27e5100408922c3e6fa7.png

Repeat this process for each body part. Once you're done, start Skyrim and run redetect sets in the SCO MCM.

Uninstallation

1. Run remove all overlays in the MCM
  2. Uninstall

Texture Sets
The new random overlay selection depends on a different folder structure for textures so the original texture sets won't work. If a texture set you want isn't in the list, post in the support thread - the edits should be relatively straightforward. SLACS is included in the mod by default and you can install adapted versions of SLACS Retexture and SLACS Plus. These packs can be installed like regular mods.

Some adapted sets:

Adding/Removing Sets

First, to be safe, remove all overlays on everyone. If you're just adding sets you can probably get away with skipping this step but if you're removing/editing a set you should probably do this.

You can add more sets by going into textures/Sexlab - Cum Overlays/Body Part and adding a new texture set. It has to be edited like above and needs to include 4 layers (for now).

More Sets

These are new or adapted sets made by other authors.

FAQ

Spoiler

Can I use this with SLACS?

Use one or the other. SCOE does everything SLACS and adds texture variation, NPC cum layer persistence, and better compatibility with other mods, etc. SLACS has armor effects which SCOE does not support. v0.0.12 of this mod supports unlimited layers.

Why is my character purple?

This is a missing textures issue. Try deleting Data/Textures/Sexlab - Cum Overlays, uninstall this mod, then reinstall.

Why isn't anything showing up?

Unfortunately, this could stem from a myriad of factors. Try increasing or decreasing the number of iNumOverlays for each area in skee64.ini. Here are some options that may work.

What is the difference between this and the original Sexlab Cum Overlays?

Textures are randomized from area to area. This means you can have SLACS anally and SLACS Plus orally. Sets can now be installed like mods and you can install as many as you want. You can also use debug options in the MCM to add and remove layers.

For Texture Artists

Spoiler

The new folder structure should reduce the effort required to make new texture sets. Previously, you needed to create a new texture for every combination of textures. For the mathematically inclined the formula was: numLayers = (maxCount + 1)^3  - 1

This meant that if you wanted 7 layers on any given body part, you would need to create 511 textures. Now you simply need to create 3 textures per layer. So if you want to create a 7 layer set that means making 21 textures; 7 oral, 7 anal, and 7 vaginal.

The new structure inside your texture set folder should look like this:
Anal/Set Name/1.dds, 2.dds, 3.dds, ...
Oral/Set Name/1.dds, 2.dds, 3.dds, ...
Vaginal/Set Name/1.dds, 2.dds, 3.dds, ...

Reach out if you need further clarification.

For Modders

Spoiler

You can access the extended counts maintained for each body part by using StorageUtil.

StorageUtil.GetIntValue(actor, "SCO_CumOral")
StorageUtil.GetIntValue(actor, "SCO_CumAnal")
StorageUtil.GetIntValue(actor, "SCO_CumVaginal")

Please do not set these values yourself as SCO will not be aware of these changes. If you want that
functionality let me know but for now Sexlab's native API functions should be sufficient.

You can also access the add cum and clear cum events as follows:

RegisterForModEvent("Sexlab_AddCum", "AddCum")
RegisterForModEvent("Sexlab_ClearCum", "ClearCum")

event AddCum(Form akTarget, bool vaginal, bool oral, bool anal)
endEvent

event ClearCum(Form akTarget)
endEvent

Don't emit these events yourself. If you need to clear or add layers use Sexlab's built in API functions, AddCum and ClearCum which will in turn emit these events for other mods to listen to.

Feel free to request other related API features.

Future Plans

• Armor effects: Being worked on by Dasha.
  • Time-based crusty effects: Kyeckr had the idea for crusty textures in SLACS but these need to be sourced/made before this functionality can be added.
  • Gameplay effects: Toggle-able effects related to the "source" of each layer that creates certain gameplay advantages/disadvantages. Could create some interesting tradeoffs i.e. keeping the layers on grants you increased stamina/health but reduces your speech. Kind of steps on SL Survival's toes so not sure about this one.
  • Facials: Randomly add facial instead of regular oral for greater variation

Credits

• Monoman1 for creating SCO and granting me permission to post this on a separate page.
  • Dasha117 for contributing a significant number of additional features/bugfixes like proper bathing support, gradual layer removal, alpha settings fixes.
  • liddell007 for the screenshots
  • All the different texture artists listed above

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/09/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab, Racemenu, PapyrusUtil
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

Edited by ponzipyramid

Dude announcements are great, and yeah a lot of people know the SLE/SSE ported version, and slight variance between positioning so even though they may "jizz" the same there's still a layering of evidence, so to speak... but Satan's gaping asshole! You know you need to put up your screenshots if you want people to d/l something. Animated .gif would be great to show the extended layering of 7 overlays, like SLACS Plus supports.)

"> needs to include 4 layers (for now). I'm working on making set registration more modular so you don't have to rename folders and you should be able to install them like regular mods. "

That would be ideal. But renaming isn't so difficult, so functionality first, then ease of functionality, if you're taking notes. I assume most of us with real computers and GPUs have our HDT-SMT64 set up properly and the difference between iNumOverlays=8 or iNumOverlays=128 per body part in sk3364.ini will not even be a single fps... course those oldrim type people with 4G RAM and 2G VRAM GPUs from 2003 still trying to play, will probably catch on fire. Satan knows why they think they can play SSE, let alone SSE with mods... but you worry about them if you want to. :-)

ONE MORE THING

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/25743-sexlab-cum-overlays-extended/

SCO Extended v0.5.rar ??!

Who the hell are you to think you can rename something shorter?! Knock that shit off right now! Rename it before it gets known.

We have enough dumb files named arbitrary confusing things in our download libraries of thousands of mods. (and multiple versions of the same mods! ) And sure, YOU might be aware of it because you're working on it and packaging it daily / weekly while active; but months, years from now? Even you'll wonder "What the fuck is SCO Extended?"

Sexlab - Cum Overlays v2.8 (20-Oct-2020).7z

See? Proper file name, that. Date, version, what it is, what it works with. The only thing left out was off was Skyrim edition it works with.

Seriously, the original was spelled-out, you should spell it longform too.

FINALLY while I'm almost done shitting on your announcement there's one more - edit your download page! The post says 0.0.4, (now 0.0.5 you just updated!) and the d/l says 0.1 (now 0.5) Two problems with that, one they don't match and you'll cause mistrust, but more importantly, two of the three most popular mod managers today expect x.y.z... so if your mod will have x.y.z your naming convention for the archive better have, accordingly.

Other than that, can't wait to play with it and watch it grow... hmm yep I'm sticking with those word choices.  ❤️

49 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Forgot to add them to the actual FOMOD, thanks for catching it. Try the new version.

Yep, it's good now, thank you. I hope it will work somehow on my overbloated modlist. I'll write if I'll find anything weird

UPD. It seems it's not working with SLSO, will wait for a patch to test it out. So far everything were good, MCM appeared, sets were detected but cum haven't applied on SLSO orgasm event.

Edited by Deutsche_Cookie
1 hour ago, Deutsche_Cookie said:

Yep, it's good now, thank you. I hope it will work somehow on my overbloated modlist. I'll write if I'll find anything weird

UPD. It seems it's not working with SLSO, will wait for a patch to test it out. So far everything were good, MCM appeared, sets were detected but cum haven't applied on SLSO orgasm event.

That's odd, running SLSO and Sexlab v1.63 and things are working. My only guess would be that the Sexlab script was overwritten or there's still a FOMOD issue. Do you mind uploading Data/Scripts/Source/sslActorLibrary.psc?

1 hour ago, DeathApproaches said:

Dude announcements are great, and yeah a lot of people know the SLE/SSE ported version, and slight variance between positioning so even though they may "jizz" the same there's still a layering of evidence, so to speak... but Satan's gaping asshole! You know you need to put up your screenshots if you want people to d/l something. Animated .gif would be great to show the extended layering of 7 overlays, like SLACS Plus supports.)

"> needs to include 4 layers (for now). I'm working on making set registration more modular so you don't have to rename folders and you should be able to install them like regular mods. "

That would be ideal. But renaming isn't so difficult, so functionality first, then ease of functionality, if you're taking notes. I assume most of us with real computers and GPUs have our HDT-SMT64 set up properly and the difference between iNumOverlays=8 or iNumOverlays=128 per body part in sk3364.ini will not even be a single fps... course those oldrim type people with 4G RAM and 2G VRAM GPUs from 2003 still trying to play, will probably catch on fire. Satan knows why they think they can play SSE, let alone SSE with mods... but you worry about them if you want to. ?

ONE MORE THING

Who the hell are you to think you can rename something shorter?! Knock that shit off right now! Rename it before it gets known.

We have enough dumb files named arbitrary confusing things in our download libraries of thousands of mods. (and multiple versions of the same mods! ) And sure, YOU might be aware of it because you're working on it and packaging it daily / weekly while active; but months, years from now? Even you'll wonder "What the fuck is SCO Extended?"

See? Proper file name, that. Date, version, what it is, what it works with. The only thing left out was off was Skyrim edition it works with.

FINALLY while I'm almost done shitting on your announcement there's one more - edit your download page! The post says 0.0.4, (now 0.0.5 you just updated!) and the d/l says 0.1 (now 0.5) Two problems with that, one they don't match and you'll cause mistrust, but more importantly, two of the three most popular mod managers today expect x.y.z... so if your mod will have x.y.z your naming convention for the archive better have, accordingly.

Other than that, can't wait to play with it and watch it grow... hmm yep I'm sticking with those word choices.  ❤️

I'll take your advice about the uploads for future updates.

Not sure why supporting or at least warning users with low or medium end hardware is an issue. If you're running a bunch of high-res visual overhaul mods in addition to high-slot Racemenu that could be an issue for even solid hardware and there's a reason why the original Racemenu page warns users about it.

Edited by ponzipyramid
8 hours ago, DeathApproaches said:

That would be ideal. But renaming isn't so difficult, so functionality first, then ease of functionality, if you're taking notes. I assume most of us with real computers and GPUs have our HDT-SMT64 set up properly and the difference between iNumOverlays=8 or iNumOverlays=128 per body part in sk3364.ini will not even be a single fps... course those oldrim type people with 4G RAM and 2G VRAM GPUs from 2003 still trying to play, will probably catch on fire. Satan knows why they think they can play SSE, let alone SSE with mods... but you worry about them if you want to. ?

ONE MORE THING

douche. bag. 

3 hours ago, mattardo said:

Stupid question: I use SL Advanced Cum Stages and sets from SlaveTats Cum Textures Remake.

Will installing this mod conlict or help it or work together? Or is it a full replacement for that mod? Sorry for the dumb question.

This mod is a replacement for SLACS and has a superset of its features. I'd recommend installing only one. This is still in development so SLACS may be more stable.

41 minutes ago, dodactem said:

Can this work as a drop in replacement for the V0.3 that Dasha previously posted? Glad to see you guys made a new page for it btw.

Assuming you're talking about this one, it should be a replacement. It's actually just the newest version they posted later repackaged in a FOMOD for easier installation.

The only difference between this and the latest are the textures. If you prefer messier textures go with the one posted by Dasha, if you prefer the originals, download this one. We'll centralize all the edited sets at some point in the future.

I'm trying to adapt my own textures for use by this mod, but find that despite all of them being .dds in as far as I can tell the same format as yours, when I put these files in a new Set 4 folder (inside each of the locational folders, respectively), they all show up as purple textures. Is there some specifics of the .dds format I may be missing?

Edit: Figured it out, I'd named the folders "Set 4" instead of "Set4".

Incidentally, thanks for this - having gone through the process of actually writing a script to generate all of the necessary files for SLACS for a 4-deep texture set in the past, this is an incredible improvement in moddability that I hope opens the doors to a much greater variety of glazing options for all our baking needs.

Edit: Added a set 4 extension for 

with a couple of screenshots showcasing different set textures on face, breasts, and sex

Thinking about... Something:

Spoiler

Horny_Kola.jpg

By the riverside:

Spoiler

riverside_kola.jpg

Edited by transfer

good to see you created a mod page for the mod. I'm using it since you first posted it in the SCO threat and have no problems. I used SLACS for the longest time, but it doesnt work with the sexlab fame mod or bathing in sykrim, so you extending SCO to have features/variety like SLACS is greatly appreciated.

Already expressed this in the SCO thread to your fellow helper, you guys are doing great work, whenever this gets officially cleared for LE (as I assume needed section is whats planned? or hoping someone does it?) I will be sure to test it out, especially when on armor part comes in.

44 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

Already expressed this in the SCO thread to your fellow helper, you guys are doing great work, whenever this gets officially cleared for LE (as I assume needed section is whats planned? or hoping someone does it?) I will be sure to test it out, especially when on armor part comes in.

Only reason it isn't available already is I haven't had the time to reinstall LE, the creation kit, and the required mods - It's actually pretty easy to make the patch if you're set up for it. Though, I'm hoping somebody else steps in.

The armor situation is a bit more complicated. It might necessitate ESP edits which means that as soon as it's saved on the SE Creation Kit it may become incompatible with LE - which would take some more time to address.

I'm aiming to support LE in the long run but the updates may lag a bit behind SE.

It seems to still have an issue with anything more than 6 primary overlay, and 3 per foot/hand/face, resulting in overlays on the face only if you double them to say, 12. It's a bug from the previous version as well. Tried it from a total cleansave in qasmoke and the usual steps, but it works just fine with 6/3/3/3.

2 hours ago, Kazyachka said:

The only question is, what are the differences between this mod and SLACS and SLACS+ And is this mod more stable than the above mods?  Will this mod be compatible with P+ And where can I expect a catch?  And as I noticed that SLACS + has fewer scripts than this mod, then what are the advantages of this mod?

EDIT: And it is logical to assume that I will ask how compatible this mod is and whether it bloats my Skyrim less than SLACS and SLACS +

EDIT1: And I would like to ask you how you can check it without having sex?  More precisely, what commands did I need to enter into the console in order to put sperm on my player?

SLACS does not have integrations with SL survival, which include collecting semen, using water or bathing to remove it through bathing in skyrim (maybe the latter has optional patch for SLACS?), using semen layers in calculating cum addiction (those are very sub centric integrations because SL survival is a very sub centric mod). SLACS uses EffectShaders SCU uses Race Menu overlays which is just objectively better (which is why it was listed as planned feature for SLACS) because it can work along other effects like magical effects, dirt from bathing in skyrim, tattoos etc without any problems.

14 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

SLACS does not have integrations with SL survival, which include collecting semen, using water or bathing to remove it through bathing in skyrim (maybe the latter has optional patch for SLACS?), using semen layers in calculating cum addiction (those are very sub centric integrations because SL survival is a very sub centric mod). SLACS uses EffectShaders SCU uses Race Menu overlays which is just objectively better (which is why it was listed as planned feature for SLACS) because it can work along other effects like magical effects, dirt from bathing in skyrim, tattoos etc without any problems.

Also, importantly,

1) this mod requires x^n-1 fewer texture files (and corresponding file space), making it much easier both to generate files for and to expand to more cum stages in the future, significantly lowering the barrier to entry for new textures and thereby hopefully increasing the diversity of potential textures. 

2) this mod allows textures from multiple texture sets to be applied at the same time, again massively increasing the diversity of potential texture combinations. 

This comes at the (imo) relatively small cost of taking more overlay slots.

3 hours ago, markyknoof said:

Hey, just wondering for a future update could you add a debug menu in the MCM where we could add on textures manually without going through a scene? SLACs has that and it was a very useful feature that I used when setting up new save games to make sure everything was working.

I'll add it to future plans. Was on my list to make taking screenshots easier.

3 hours ago, Racihti said:

It seems to still have an issue with anything more than 6 primary overlay, and 3 per foot/hand/face, resulting in overlays on the face only if you double them to say, 12. It's a bug from the previous version as well. Tried it from a total cleansave in qasmoke and the usual steps, but it works just fine with 6/3/3/3.

To clarify, are you saying that having an inequal number of overlay slots across body parts results in textures not being applied to specific areas? When you say previous version does that mean the original SCO mod or the tweak?

2 hours ago, Kazyachka said:

The only question is, what are the differences between this mod and SLACS and SLACS+ And is this mod more stable than the above mods?  Will this mod be compatible with P+ And where can I expect a catch?  And as I noticed that SLACS + has fewer scripts than this mod, then what are the advantages of this mod?

EDIT: And it is logical to assume that I will ask how compatible this mod is and whether it bloats my Skyrim less than SLACS and SLACS +

EDIT1: And I would like to ask you how you can check it without having sex?  More precisely, what commands did I need to enter into the console in order to put sperm on my player?

Karkhel answered most of these but to add my two cents, in the long run, the goal is to be stable, reduce script lag, and maximize compatibility with other mods (relative to SLACS) which includes bathing mods, mods dependent on Sexlab's Cum API and so on.

A timeline for the P+ patch depends on whenever it reaches a semi-stable state (I'll release a patch after migrating to it) or someone else whose running it right now makes one. When one is available it will be in the FOMOD where you can select it during the installation process.

Bloat and performance are a bit more complicated and somewhat subjective. SCOE has a greater degree of scripting complexity to handle persistence of layers on NPCs across cells (solving the problem of NPCs being cleaned when walking into a building), using overlays instead of effects, and randomized texture application. These are marked improvements over the alternatives but if you don't need them or you're already running into performance issues then you can stick with SLACS.

Those commands aren't available yet but they're on the roadmap.

Edited by ponzipyramid

Happy to see this released officially ?

But I did find something that I would consider an issue... Not really a true "bug" I guess, more like a small oversight. I use SLSO, and noticed that this version of the mod can only apply overlays once per animation, regardless of the number of orgasms that actually take place.

The last version COULD apply overlays with each independent orgasm, but the BiS cleaning could only remove the most recent overlay that was added and it also added duplicate overlays until the actor ran out of overlay slots. This build fixed the last two issues, and I assume the way it was fixed probably caused the new issue

Edited by Hel the Goddess

5 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

To clarify, are you saying that having an inequal number of overlay slots across body parts results in textures not being applied to specific areas? When you say previous version does that mean the original SCO mod or the tweak?

Changing the overlay slots in racemenu beyond the default values causes overlays not to appear in-game. Original version and the tweak as well. It's mentioned in the original thread here and there when SSE is brought up, but nobody ever fixed it for the old version that I'm aware of.

Edited by Racihti
1 hour ago, Racihti said:

Changing the overlay slots in racemenu beyond the default values causes overlays not to appear in-game. Original version and the tweak as well. It's mentioned in the original thread here and there when SSE is brought up, but nobody ever fixed it for the old version that I'm aware of.

I'll try playing around with this some more but haven't been able to replicate it so far when running 20 on the body and 20 on the face. Does SlaveTats work in terms of adding new tats to these areas? One of my guesses would be that SlaveTats locks specific slots that this mod tries to use to apply the overlays. And just double checking, are you on SE or LE?

1 hour ago, Hel the Goddess said:

Happy to see this released officially ?

But I did find something that I would consider an issue... Not really a true "bug" I guess, more like a small oversight. I use SLSO, and noticed that this version of the mod can only apply overlays once per animation, regardless of the number of orgasms that actually take place.

The last version COULD apply overlays with each independent orgasm, but the BiS cleaning could only remove the most recent overlay that was added and it also added duplicate overlays until the actor ran out of overlay slots. This build fixed the last two issues, and I assume the way it was fixed probably caused the new issue

Ha, literally just encountered this myself.  When you say last version which one is that exactly? A link to the post would be super useful since I can try reverting the scripts to fix it.