The above brought up a question. I usually have a clean copy of Skyrim and a config version of Skyrim. (all the nice tools). Mostly like I do with my other games (even though I don't have it done with Skyrim yet, still playing a unmodded game and learning the tools to use) Anyway. If backing up it should be just safe to move the Mod Organizer folder correct. All the settings and such should be in that folder (mods backups etc) As long as I place it back in the skyrim folder correctly it should work again properly. Unless I am wrong.

The reason I ask is sometimes I move Steam itself to other drives as needed (upgrades etc) Moving and backing up hasn't been an issue before. (backing up simple 7z file. ) I would want to know this because if I work on a lot of profiles and various mod setups I would be upset if it ended up becoming NUKE time.

I am willing to change my back up procedures to accommodate MO's needs at least for MO and MO games being used. Just need a nice clear understanding of the process and problems.

Yup. Just move and you're good. You could always just unzip your original MO zip, and extract it to the new location, but you'd still have to copy your profiles, mods, and plugins, for the NMM import data, but if it's no working with NMM right now, I suppose that wouldn't matter at the moment.

Either NMM is trying to catch up to MO, or they're trying to cut MO out of the equation. There's a reason MO no longer has it's own browser...

Copying the mods folder isn't fun though. If you use as many mods as me, you'll have quite a wait on your hands. CotS alone took a while, and then there's Falskaar. Tropical Skyrim is huge as well, and things like Realistic Waters 2, with it's extremely high graphics, are another wait.

Your better off just moving the whole mods folder from one to the other, to save time.

Your better off just moving the whole mods folder from one to the other, to save time

Yes, I would move the entire MO folder over with Skyrim as needed. I just wanted to be sure that MO wouldn't freak out with a different location so long as it was in the Skyrim folder. Didn't think it would (since it don't use any registry keys) in the beginning I might even want to backup MO folder just in case I do something or experiment and mess something up. Yes even though it is very unlikely... ;) Believe me this Alien can at times screw up creating ice cubes. .. well not exactly but you get the point.

I am wanting to run a couple of different play through at the same time depending on mood. I believe if I have different "profile" created the saves for those "profiles' will also be different. Correct.

Then finally I need to gather up all the tools that need to be installed (not in data and before MO or at least used as a base for all games..) After that comes the fun part setting up the massive amount of mods and profiles that relate to those. If I recall correctly you can create something that will allow a set of mods be installed at one time. ENB. Body, Armors etc. Could be wrong. There is a lot of info there. ( and growing...)

Heads up!

MO is having an issue for me right now.

Example: SkyUI's Nexus ID is 3863, but in MO, it is 0. No ID is listed for it, and although I put the number in manually, it just goes away as soon as I close and reopen it.

I posted it on the Nexus thread, but Tannin seems to be in a trivial, yet heated argument about mod version numbers at the moment, so no reply yet. :P

If anyone else is having this issue, stay tuned for an answer.

Heads up!

MO is having an issue for me right now.

Example: SkyUI's Nexus ID is 3863, but in MO, it is 0. No ID is listed for it, and although I put the number in manually, it just goes away as soon as I close and reopen it.

I posted it on the Nexus thread, but Tannin seems to be in a trivial, yet heated argument about mod version numbers at the moment, so no reply yet. :P

If anyone else is having this issue, stay tuned for an answer.

The Manager functionality was down last time I checked.  Plus, the Nexus revamp means no mod manager can get the normal URL.  Everything needs a patch.

I for once dont care, manual download always worked better for me, and I prefer having my mod library in my own folder alone with my custom mods ^^

I just meant I'd like to see version numbers on my mods, so I know if I can update/upgrade it. It's just red all the time now, and it says my version is 4.1, and that the newest version is 0.0.00. :P Putting the version number there would get rid of that.

After screwing around with FNIS and MO, I realized something. I've suggested that people install FNIS manually, but it appears that's not necessary.

When you 'extract' the 'FNIS Always Necessary' files, you don't have to put everything in you data directory. The only thing you need is the 'tools' folder. Copy that from the FNIS 'Always Necessary' files, and paste it into your Skyrim\data folder. The just use MO for the rest. You don't need to manually install the 'Spells' mod manually. You don't even have to install the Creatures Pack manually. Just Get the 'tools' folder into Skyrim\data, and install everything else into MO like normal.

This makes it really quick and easy to uninstall FNIS, for new versions/updates.

goldhalo_zpsc74661b5.png

MO...

:angel:

anim-181_zps21439b23.gifThe Mod Messiahanim-181_zps21439b23.gif

Mod Messiah-
A mod messiah is a saviour or liberator of a group of mods, most commonly in the Mod Organizer religion.

Uh? I install everything with MO's manager... Never had any problem with FNIS, Bodyslide, TexBlend, or any SkyProc patcher installing it through the manager. Everything you insntall in MO's 'virtual' data folder is accessable through the Data tab, including exe and jar files that you can easily add as executable by right clicking on them ;o

Uh? I install everything with MO's manager... Never had any problem with FNIS, Bodyslide, TexBlend, or any SkyProc patcher installing it through the manager. Everything you insntall in MO's 'virtual' data folder is accessable through the Data tab, including exe and jar files that you can easily add as executable by right clicking on them ;o

Well dammit...you have a point. :P I've never really done it any other way except manually. I tried it the 'find the exe and run in MO' thing, and it didn't work, so I thought it would only run exe's in the Sykrim directory. I never really messed with the data a tab.

So, thanks! :sleepy:

Well dammit...you have a point. :P I've never really done it any other way except manually. I tried it the 'find the exe and run in MO' thing, and it didn't work, so I thought it would only run exe's in the Sykrim directory. I never really messed with the data a tab.

So, thanks! :sleepy:

You mean I was doing it right? I don't know how I did get it to work the last time but when it stated it was entirely in MO.

Edit:

I used the execute command

I keep getting the files located in the Overwrite folder. It works I get the generate FNIS in the panel where you select the program to start. SKSE, Skyrim etc.

I would like to clean this up before I load more mods. I am under the impression that the Overwrite folder should be clean

Its not necessary to maintain your overwrite folder clean all the time despite the mo's recommendations as long as the things that are being stored there are necessary and not conflicting. I consider it the 'last mod' the mod for the eventual stuff. Some things like generated animations are eventual, they may change any time I change a mod, so they are good there. From time to time I save things that falls in overwrite and I want to preserve (like my custom bodyslide presets) making a 'mod' from ovewritte. Rarely I move my merged plugins out of there for my .esp generated throw skyproc, unless I want to make another user/mod preset, in that case I save my asis, reproccers and stuffs to have it only in the profile I want.

post-33828-0-09492800-1386410494_thumb.jpg

Yup. Never messed with any of that stuff. I left overwrite and data alone entirely, and went with the old install, add exe to exe list, run, didn't work, put the tools folder in Skyrim's data folder, ran worked. Still really easy, so I'll just be happy.

Thanks everyone. I may know a hell of a lot about MO, but I'll find a snafoo somewhere along the line.

No worries. If I can't figure something out, no matter what it is, I can always count on my friends here to help. This is by far the best tech-support site on the web. (modding site, but you know what I mean)

Its not necessary to maintain your overwrite folder clean all the time despite the mo's recommendations as long as the things that are being stored there are necessary and not conflicting. I consider it the 'last mod' the mod for the eventual stuff. Some things like generated animations are eventual, they may change any time I change a mod, so they are good there. From time to time I save things that falls in overwrite and I want to preserve (like my custom bodyslide presets) making a 'mod' from ovewritte. Rarely I move my merged plugins out of there for my .esp generated throw skyproc, unless I want to make another user/mod preset, in that case I save my asis, reproccers and stuffs to have it only in the profile I want.

attachicon.gifoverwrite.jpg

Yea I wanted to use that for the merged files and such at the end. Special files that I needed to be sure would load up all the time. I don't think i need the FINIS tools there. I think something went wrong with my installation of it. It wasn't there before. At least as far as I can remember.

Also I will be using it for the Fallout and Oblivion. I will be using tools and thought it would be very easy to just use the overwrite folder as a destination for many of the files as I work on them (catch all) and clean them out as I work loading the files. Not just an issue with FINIS.

Also when other files get dropped in this folder it will become increase issue because I wouldn't know what was where when they get merged.  in fallout I am somewhat familiar with the files and structure. Skyrim I am not as much.

Yup. Never messed with any of that stuff. I left overwrite and data alone entirely, and went with the old install, add exe to exe list, run, didn't work, put the tools folder in Skyrim's data folder, ran worked. Still really easy, so I'll just be happy.

Thanks everyone. I may know a hell of a lot about MO, but I'll find a snafoo somewhere along the line.

No worries. If I can't figure something out, no matter what it is, I can always count on my friends here to help. This is by far the best tech-support site on the web. (modding site, but you know what I mean)

When you manually installed (old install) into the folder and went to add the exe to the exe list did it show up in the overwrite folder?

If it has to be, it has to be. I changed profiles and saw that all my saves ...poof... changed back and ... poof they came back. I am a fricking magician... ;) Love that feature alone. Even if there are no mods installed in a game play through. I can have separate saves for separate profiles... Import a save and from what I read help "rebuild" the mod list from that save... It is getting cooler and cooler every feature I start to understand.  I can run a screwed up game to test and help understand and setup mods to what I desire and use that knowledge to make a profile. In the future even have a series of clean saves through the game and jump in and add some mods, set them up and transfer the save to the new profile and have the mods reconstructed... I must be loosing my mind. ( I could just be wrong or miss understand that feature now.)

This a completely newb question i know. I just switched from NMM to MO a half an hour or so ago after i did a complete vanilla refresh of my Skyrim game. My MO recognizes SKSE just fine and when i goto my game and console command latest version of SKSE after launching the game through MO (using SKSE option) and check latest version the game reads it's there. Both my steam launcher and my SKSE have their own desktop launchers separate from MO and both are set to launch fullscreen. But when i launch through SKSE using MO my game is still in windowed mode. There's something obvious im missing here but i can't nail it down.

Check your .ini in MO.  Maybe they are set to run Skyrim windowed.  As you may know, MO has its own set of Skyrim ini files that it uses without messing with the originals.

This probably won't happen but I'll ask anyways.

I can't seem to download the 1.0.10 update from nexus gives my computer a network error I tried another computer but the stuff just isn't extracting the exe for me.

So I ask kindly if anyone can upload the ModOrganizer.exe from 1.0.10 somewhere and give me the link so I can download and actually use it with the new nexus setup.

Thanks if you can, understood if you can't.