Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

4 hours ago, wollboi said:

Got a lot of missing textures in Raven Rock. At first I thought I had goofed up with seasons, but I re-ran xLODGen and verified I'm not using seasons on Solstheim and none of the QRR patches are causing the problem. Anyone else seeing this or just me?

you did edit the po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini to include/exclude the proper worldspaces right? that one defaults to including solstheim (and excludes some of the guide choices).

9 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

you did edit the po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini to include/exclude the proper worldspaces right? that one defaults to including solstheim (and excludes some of the guide choices).

Unless I am reading this wrong, that should not be needed. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons

Since the DYNDOLOD steps Aylis provided generate the LOD and seasons only for specific worlds, the second run without the seasons checkbox marked should have the worlds in it not be setup for seasons as they would not have the seasons identifier.

I read a lot of dyndolod faillogs the past two weeks while I bashed my head onto the desk before I got it kinda working again.

One of the embarrasing things I didn't mention was:

- Why is it building seasons for solstheim I did not prep stuff for it?
-- Checks seasons folders - Oh there is an ini file, which conveniently has solstheim set to enabled. Let's change that.

- Why is it still trying to build spring, summer and autumn for solstheim?

-- You idiot. There are four worldspace configuration lines in that ini.

hey @wollboi, did you figure out those purple textures in Solstheim? After I tested all my script mods, followers, player homes and additional combat stuff, I teleported through skyrim to check the LOD etc. and I also have those problems in Solstheim. And a blue bridge beside Dragonsreach in Whiterun, which is mysteriously fully textured  (well, "meshed") at another place... I try it with MoreInformativeConsole to find the culprit.

If anyone is interested in another approach to make skyrim more difficult but not Dark Souls-like, here is my approach which worked in my SE-List smoothly:

Spoiler

If anyone doesn't want to use MorrowLoot, but also want a new challenge, my personal light-weight combination is HighLevelEnemies Redux, Arena - An Encounter Zone Overhault and Encounter Zones Unlocked. It's nice to come back to already cleared locations and find new, higher lvl enemies. Always worked on my SE-List for 100s of hours, so I don't expect something else in AE. Just don't scale the game difficulty higher than "adept", because the enemies will get too powerful.

11 hours ago, 1001nights said:

hey @wollboi, did you figure out those purple textures in Solstheim? After I tested all my script mods, followers, player homes and additional combat stuff, I teleported through skyrim to check the LOD etc. and I also have those problems in Solstheim. And a blue bridge beside Dragonsreach in Whiterun, which is mysteriously fully textured  (well, "meshed") at another place... I try it with MoreInformativeConsole to find the culprit.

If anyone is interested in another approach to make skyrim more difficult but not Dark Souls-like, here is my approach which worked in my SE-List smoothly:

Hide contents

If anyone doesn't want to use MorrowLoot, but also want a new challenge, my personal light-weight combination is HighLevelEnemies Redux, Arena - An Encounter Zone Overhault and Encounter Zones Unlocked. It's nice to come back to already cleared locations and find new, higher lvl enemies. Always worked on my SE-List for 100s of hours, so I don't expect something else in AE. Just don't scale the game difficulty higher than "adept", because the enemies will get too powerful.

Nope, I haven't really looked into it yet. Good to see it's not just me though.

@wollboi @1001nights

Found out what is wrong there (took me some time). Don't install the parallax version of the architecture pack. I'll add it to the description. 

Added recommended settings for

Skurkbro's Retexture Project - Architecture

LUX

LUX Orbis

Added HowTo for

FNIS and Nemesis

And please tell me if you need something like this for other mods too.

Also it looks like we don't need to include male bodyslides. They work fine as they are if you stay close to the vanilla body

Edited by Aylis
21 hours ago, Aylis said:

@lolthisis

Darn, i forgot to add Enhanced Solitude with Vanilla Textures. This solves the problem. Fixed

It is this house, right?

Reveal hidden contents

1948382996_SkyrimSE2022-11-0220-07-51.jpg.27739466f3ccfdfff74650bac2463619.jpg

Yes, thank you! 

I noticed that nexus has new Ostim animations that say they're optimised for Ostim NG, which is the one we have in the load. Has anyone tried switching them? Looks like it's mainly about adding tags to allow expression changes.

Also, I really wish there was a patch or toggle to make the Dawnguard Sentries show up much later, like once you've helped the Dawnguard get together a bit. I usually leave the esp off until later in the game, but I also usually forget one way or the other. Seems like it would be great to patch it into Timing is Everything somehow.

Anybody having issues with Enhanced Solitude? I've had a half dozen crashes just walking around the area outside the town proper. Once I get inside it's fine.

Edit - Actually I think it's ES Docks. Nexus has a slew of people with the same issue.

Edited by wollboi

@Aylis So the Myrwatch CC gets patched with Lux, but MO2/Wrye will complain about it missing "myrwatchhomefixer.esp". I'm having trouble with the house and the Lux author points to this mod as needed in order for the Lux patch to work. Probably needs to be included in the Patches section before we re-run Lux.

Myrwatch - Editable Home Cell

Hopefully that fixes my issue with the house.

Relevant post from the Lux author:

Spoiler

REMINDER 2:
Myrwatch CC content CAN'T be patched in its current state because it's both an ESM and a ESL and thus has the infamous cell bug. To make my patch work you need to install Myrwatch - Editable Home Cells (Cell Bug Workaround) cause that's the only way to patch that mod. This is the plugin I'm using as a master too so it's mandatory.

@wollboi

If you can confirm that it works i'll add it.

Vayne got the visual update i was waiting for.

Spoiler

77924-1670461507-1890592662.thumb.jpg.b512056befcc606a68dc11aa71161af0.jpg

Wasn't a fan of the purple hair, now she's imho perfect.

The NPC of Whiterun got a completely reworked mod (i guess the OA will redo the others too). I'll add the changes with the next update.

For Ashbound - Solstheim Revisited we'd need an additional patch for the textures. Will keep an eye on the mod.

Realistic NPCs is a nice solution for all NPC that didn't get a rework by Nithi. As it is only using vanilla assets it is very compatible with all other mods.

Finally found the culprit for all the unusual NPC that got black faces. MLU adds those and i found no way to fix them. So MLU will be gone with the next update.

@Aylis Confirmed working. Myrwatch had a 50/50 shot for me of being a black void with a door, a bed, and a mannequin. After installing that it fixed it (and Wrye shut up). And it also seems to have stopped the hundred or so items springing up into the air when you enter the second cell. Where the plugin is listed in the actual guide could be pretty much anywhere: it's an ESP-flagged ESM, so I moved the new plugin between Saints & Seducers.esp and DynDOLOD.esm so it's of course going to be above the Lux myrwatch patch. Fun.

Personally I think you'll be happier without MLU. I forgot how fun it is to open up treasure chests and actually find good shit inside. I think that mod is showing its age anyway, and has so many patches.

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

Finally found the culprit for all the unusual NPC that got black faces. MLU adds those and i found no way to fix them. So MLU will be gone with the next update.

Is it specific named NPCs or just the random ones? I am getting back into Skyrim, and recall I had to do some patching to make MLU work before.

Something to do with the facetint files in the facegendata textures all being 512k, which causes the blackface when using with 2k faces. Had to do some upscaling on them iirc, that or I found a patch that replaced them with 2k variants.. ill dig around and see.

Think i mixed up with Fo4 work on faces I have been doing.. still digging through my mass of MLU patches :D

Wasn't sure if you have checked out the community patches page for MLU, there is a post in the forums from EZFREE from Oct 7th about HPH patch that contains the MLU edits plus HPH edits/nifs/textures. It does say it was made for 2.0B, but cant hurt to try it out and see how it looks,

ChocolateNoodle (maker of MLU) mentions he was going to be reverting all changes to vanilla to remove facegen work in MLU (went into MLU 2.0c - "Probably fixed blackface bugs by updating Facegen data and reverting any non-Vanilla/USSEP NPC cosmetic changes", but I figure in case he missed something its still worth checking out

Edited by kesryth

Update 0.9.5

Last Update

Improving creatures and a few bugfixes.

Sadly the mod for the NPC of Whiterun is gone and its update is missing too (somebody complained about it and its now hidden). I really miss the times when there was less infighting and more cooperation between modders...

Mods to remove

Spoiler

Foundation

Furniture - SMIM Patch                                                Not needed anymore

NPC

Asset Master File                                                         Got replaced by a now hidden mod - so keep it if you still got it!

Whiterun Hold NPC Overhaul - Full                            Got replaced by a now hidden mod - so keep it if you still got it!

Patches

Whiterun Hold NPC Overhaul - RBT Patch                 Got replaced by a now hidden mod - so keep it if you still got it!

Mods to add

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 0.9.5 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH / Seasons)

automod propably ate this the first draft:

I tracked down something much more annoying.... softlock on 'random' looting and/or vendor interactions you only got out of by terminating skyrim via taskmanager.

and the culprit is *drumroll* WACCF ? - some loot without 'proper' waf_keyword and skyrim will bork itself. and there still are no easy to use scripts for that. so all the compability patches you need will have to be done manually....

last time I wrestled with that particular mod I ended up adding complete crafting overhaul on top of it because CCOR has/had scripts to create patches that add WACCF compability too (at least back then they used too) and ignored the crafting menu duplicates.

slightly annoyed at WACCF right now

options:

- get rid of WACCF and mods that must have it

- get rid of replacers that have no WACCF comp patch

- manually create WACCF comp patches (LOL)
- add CCOR and create script assisted comp patches, deal with the crafting menu duplicates