Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

57 minutes ago, lolthisis said:

For some reason my game crashes if I take female character's clothes off. I re-installed CBBE, 3BA and the updates, turned off the bodyslide presets and created a new body in bodyslide, made a mod from the overwrite. Still seems to be happening. Still happening with a new game. Any thoughts?

First make sure your mods you created from Overwrite only contains the files you'd want. After that, clear overwrite and start at the bottom and disable all the mods in the Final section, try to recreate the crash, if it happens then disable all the mods in the Patches section, and repeat until the crash no longer happens. Then you'll know that it's related to a mod in the last section you disabled. From there it should be pretty easy to figure out which mod is causing the CTD by trying disabling/enabling one mod at a time in that section. Sounds complicated, but it's actually a pretty fast way of figuring out what's going on.

5 hours ago, wollboi said:

First make sure your mods you created from Overwrite only contains the files you'd want. After that, clear overwrite and start at the bottom and disable all the mods in the Final section, try to recreate the crash, if it happens then disable all the mods in the Patches section, and repeat until the crash no longer happens. Then you'll know that it's related to a mod in the last section you disabled. From there it should be pretty easy to figure out which mod is causing the CTD by trying disabling/enabling one mod at a time in that section. Sounds complicated, but it's actually a pretty fast way of figuring out what's going on.

Yeah, I guess that's what I have to do. I usually try to use my brain to work out what the most likely candidate is, but it often takes longer than just doing the classic "disable until it stops happening" trick.

1 hour ago, lolthisis said:

Yeah, I guess that's what I have to do. I usually try to use my brain to work out what the most likely candidate is, but it often takes longer than just doing the classic "disable until it stops happening" trick.

Unfortunately true, and I wish I'd eventually remember this before spending three hours troubleshooting the old fashioned way. :(

6 hours ago, lolthisis said:

You should probably start with your skeleton/animations, crashing when taking your clothes off normally has something to do with that. Other than that, if you don't have it installed, you could also try crash logger or netscriptframework. Those both generate a crash log for you and make it a lot easier to find crash causes based on plugins(like smp) or other obscure crash causes. Saved myself days using that to figure out wtf was making my bashed patch cause ctd on saves. Apparently you can overpopulate leveled lists(can't have more that 255 entries).

Edited by alfurence
6 hours ago, alfurence said:

You should probably start with your skeleton/animations, crashing when taking your clothes off normally has something to do with that. 

Oddly, it appears to be the female pubic hairs. If I disable them then everything is fine. Which did make me realise: I haven't moved all the ESMs up the load order in this install, like we used to do for SE. Is that still recommended? If so, that might be part of the reason, as the Pubicmeshcolor is an esm.

23 minutes ago, lolthisis said:

I haven't moved all the ESMs up the load order in this install, like we used to do for SE. Is that still recommended? If so, that might be part of the reason, as the Pubicmeshcolor is an esm.

The only thing you have to do is to maybe move a patch or two further down and move the ESM up. Thats all in that regard.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@wollboi

I added a (for now temporary) list for 'SexLab' to the guide. Could you take a look at it if all the links are OK? Or did i miss something?

Everything looks good to me except I would definitely not want to use TWO in AE. Ever since it's updated it looks like it has had a host of problems, even in SE (the thread for the mod is wall to wall with issues). I think there's supposed to be an update coming, but until then I wouldn't list it. I've switched back to using regular HDT Werewolves. If you take TWO out, I'd also take out Monster Facial Animations because it does screwy stuff with werewolves in CF sometimes. I'm hoping the next update works better with AE because it was so nice to have HDT Werewolves with a ton of FOMOD options.

Only other thing is to maybe mention that if you are using New Female Giant, CF will overwrite it. You have to delete the meshes for female giants in CF, copy the ones from NFG to it, and rename the files what the old CF meshes were named. Hopefully somebody will make a patch someday. All of PSBoss's creatures have to go through that process to work with CF. Dunno if that explanation is worth putting in the list or not.

Hopefully that made sense, I've been sick as hell and my brain is about 50% mush right now.

I'm sure I've missed something super obvious, but I haven't seen either of these patches, and can't work out if there is a patch  mod that would have these if I clicked the right settings?

You have to move the patch ‚Seasonal Landscapes - Nature of the Wild Lands Patch.esp‘ here.

Seasonal Aspen Trees

You have to move the patch ‚Seasonal Landscapes - Seasonal Aspen Trees Patch.esp‘ here.

16 minutes ago, lolthisis said:

I'm sure I've missed something super obvious, but I haven't seen either of these patches, and can't work out if there is a patch  mod that would have these if I clicked the right settings?

You have to move the patch ‚Seasonal Landscapes - Nature of the Wild Lands Patch.esp‘ here.

Seasonal Aspen Trees

You have to move the patch ‚Seasonal Landscapes - Seasonal Aspen Trees Patch.esp‘ here.

Those patches comes with seasonal landscapes, think its an option somewhere in the fomod

Edited by alfurence
52 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Only other thing is to maybe mention that if you are using New Female Giant, CF will overwrite it. You have to delete the meshes for female giants in CF, copy the ones from NFG to it, and rename the files what the old CF meshes were named.

Thanks for that, didn't even think about that problem. also there was a patch for TWO like  30m ago.

Edited by alfurence
4 hours ago, Aylis said:

@wollboi

I added a (for now temporary) list for 'SexLab' to the guide. Could you take a look at it if all the links are OK? Or did i miss something?

Theres a bears of the north ABC patch available too. Not sure where it linked from, but heres the gdrive link for it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tDZhL633glaHisYP3h0iDtaPy__MRH2S/view. Also might wanna mention to use ABC, you have to select MNC in creature framework, though I think in that load order, there aren't any choices?

Fertility mode is also SL compatible if you wanna add that in too, since you had it in the Open Sex section?

Edit: Also forgot that nemesis doesn't support creature animations, so should address that.

Edited by alfurence

Holy Moly this new AE-List is crazy! Stopped for some time modding Bethesda games and, with winter coming, decided to give the new AE-Version another try and DAMN - I have constant 60+ fps with this list and goddamn Ostim + "Anhängsel" is so much better than sexlab, I am really baffled - everything works so SMOOTH and the whole cuddle and kiss foreplay stuff contribute so much to the atmosphere. I can easily live without creature animations.

The only things I changed are some gameplay stuff, non-adult animations and a few textures. Like a futa-Statue *cough*.

I would suggest @Aylis that you could try out yamete-kudasai instead of ODefeat. Works better on my end and it also includes npcs surrendering etc.

Thank you again for this great modlist and your dedication for it!

Bonus: Hotstuff Alvor the Smith and Asturia with her new boytoy

Spoiler

10.thumb.png.df1662b298b641a3a1e553e5a97a90cf.png11.thumb.png.acbe8817113f730f4c9a097300a851d1.png

I'm getting this stretch on my PC when using HIMBO. Have isolated it to that mod, as there is no issue when it is disabled in my load order - I get the regular SoS body, without this stretching. It is on the butt, belly and pec areas.

I have reinstalled XPMSSE, Reinstalled Faster SMP-HDT, and reinstalled HIMBO v4.4.1, but none of that fixes it. What more can I try? Could it be because I havent added CBPC yet, perhaps?

Spoiler

43.png

Spoiler

44.png

Spoiler

42.png

Edited by ni1by2
spoiler-ing pictures

Also - noting to @Aylis - the Ostim Discord has said they aren't really going to support Defeat mods for the moment (and they disavow ODefeat as really buggy and unfinished). Their suggestion was running Ostim AND Sexlab, with SL only for the Non-con element. Once I get this character stretch issue sorted, I am planning to try that setup with this list.

Edited by ni1by2

@ni1by2

1. Same rule as for FO4 and SSE: pictures belong into spoilers!

2. Thats definitely a problem with the physics (or a dying video card).

3. Everything here in this guide is building on each other, so installing only half of the physics might cause issues with the physics... ;)

4. Hmmm, replacing one seemingly unfinished mod with another one that is, according to some posts, also unfinished... Thanks for the tip, but i prefer the devil i know (after i checked the suggestion from @1001nights).

So 'SexLab' seems to work fine with only one exception so far. 'Sexlab Fill Her Up Baka Edition' wants to use SLIF and i can't deactivate it in the MCM. So bodymorphs don't work (yet).

Found two small bugs:

1. The foam on the water is too bright at night.

Spoiler

enb2022_11_27_14_32_47.jpg.6047da734be4f9dfc45b358608d0e64a.jpg

2. The wet rocks are causing issues again and are way too gright at night.

Spoiler

enb2022_11_27_14_29_19.jpg.26ad90256afb50888045c1af51741a09.jpg

Seeing something like this on the map is a good indicator that something is wrong with a texture or a mesh.

enb2022_11_27_14_34_40.jpg.daedc4bc5cd7c6838c44f7d3cd9ffa12.jpg

The first one should be easy to fix - the second one is tricky (already had to tackle it in SSE) and hard to get rid off completely. Sadly 'Wet Rock Fix' doesn't seem to help this time.

Disregarding those two bugs i'm quite happy so far.

Spoiler

enb2022_11_27_03_58_23.jpg.6b60d5cb0188d4649b79749ebbbf5799.jpgenb2022_11_27_14_31_09.jpg.6b80729134fce8b58da6f34055ba0811.jpg

Ahh - sorry, spoilered the images

So I managed to fix it - I had seen on LL that you had to install SOS first, then HIMBO, then XPMSSE. Which, incidentally is what you say in your instructions. This one is on me for not following instructions. For anyone who has this issue - make sure that the order is SOS -> HIMBO ->XPMSSE in both load order and plugin order.

@Aylis I have usdd Yamete Kudasai, and it is definitely the least buggy option for defeat mods, but Acepleiades, who authored 'Opensex', was saying he doesnt have time or inclination to work on defeat animations and support for the OSuite - he's the one that suggested using Yamete Kudasai but hooking it into Sexlab.

I plan to try that approach anyways. Cheers for the list and for being so responsive!

8 hours ago, Aylis said:

So 'SexLab' seems to work fine with only one exception so far. 'Sexlab Fill Her Up Baka Edition' wants to use SLIF and i can't deactivate it in the MCM. So bodymorphs don't work (yet).

If you don't have any problems with SLIF itself, there is a patch to make it use 3ba body morphs by acro: 

'SexLab' is in now. But don't expect support (i only wanted to test the function of the mods listed there) as i'll be using 'Open Sex'.

Why so serious?

Spoiler

But they can also play differently...

Spoiler

Sneakpeek

Testing.ods

Edited by Aylis