Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

11 hours ago, Aylis said:

HOTFIX

I just noticed that i missed two patches. Those will be added plus a few small additions.

Hide contents

World Expansion

Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods - ASLAL

We only need the patch for ASLAL. Don't forget to tick 'Reminder' too. 

Whiterun City Limits - Bleakwind Basin Patch

Whiterun City Limits - Halted Stream Camp Patch

Physics and Animation

CBPC Equipment physics

Weather and Lighting

Storm Lightning (Minty Lightning)

(Optional) Thunder Sounds

Simple Wearable Lanterns

Simple Wearable Lanterns - Guards and Miners (SPID)

Simple Wearable Lanterns - Toggle Hotkey  

Patches

Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods - Towns

We only need the patches for Rorikstead & Ivarstead. Don't forget to tick 'Reminder' too. 

I believe the landscape fixes patch you linked to is the wrong one, I think alaunus only mentioned the arthmoor is just the LAL patch (installing the ivarstead/rorikstead options in this one causes missing masters). I believe https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9005?tab=files&file_id=149966&nmm=1 this is the one you needed.

Side note/question about the dyndolod, in your ss for the advanced settings for step 3, you have seasons ticked, but only default selected, is this intended?

@wollboi

There will alway be some clipping. Hair physics alone will cause some.

Btw. regardind armors. The bodyslides of HIMBO are a bit strange and, unlike the ones from CBBE, don't seem to overwrite anything. Try the mod 'NordWarUA's Vanilla Armor Replacers - Patch'. So far it looks like this 'optional' patch is not so optional at all.

@alfurence

Dang, i know i copied the entries... Not the first time having trouble in this regard, got to find out why this happens.

1. Fixed

2. Fixed No idea how this happened. I just opened the prog and it shows the correct settings.

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis I just bring it up because the clipping isn't just noticeable, it's extremely bad. Like while using Better Bows, your bow is going to repeatedly move completely in and out of the back part of the backpack almost entirely. I still use AllGUD, so I'm okay with some clipping but that was too much even for me. But I don't know how many people actually use the CC backpacks, so it might only just bother me.

Speaking of AllGUD, I'm going to play around a bit with Immersive Equipment Display today. It always struck me as useful but the menus are very intimidating, so it probably wouldn't be a great fit for the guide.

Also, I tried that patch for VAR a while back and it didn't fix my issue with Ebony Armor. The patches @SandDust linked for ISC and NordwarUA's armors fixed it for me. Unfortunately now I'm trying to figure out why Guards Armor Replacer still leaves some vanilla armor in addition to the ones the mod provides. The armor section is a real pain. Any thought to just going back to Simply Realistic Armor? Seems like it was less of a hassle, and I think you already had Bodyslides built for that one.

Edited by wollboi

@wollboi

1. OK. I use the setting 'tight' for the physics maybe thats why it doesn't seem to be that bad.

2. Looks interesting.

3. Trying to figure out the wrong guards too. Although i havn't seen them for a while now... Will also recheck if there are patches needed for some towns.

Nope, i'm not going back to 'simply realistic armors'. Quite a few armors were missing and he renamed quite a few of them. Figuring that one out will be a nightmare.

4. Yep. Check out 'Race-Based Textures (RBT)' in 'Patches'.

Fixed some typos.

Added some infos for mods.

Fixed doublettes.

Reworked some optional flagging.

Edited by Aylis

It's weird, the armor is playing nice 99% of the time. Jorlund wears vanilla leather armor, and he's literally the only person I've seen still wearing it.

Immersive Equipment Display is fantastic honestly. Adding your own custom items to your display gear is kinda weird, but is mostly easy once you figure it out. But adding on Mura's Preset makes it strictly plug-and-play with no configuration needed. All guards carry bows, two-handed axes, and daggers and it looks really sweet. And unlike AllGUD, you only need to install like normal through MO2 without running any SSEEdit scripts.

Edited by wollboi

First time playing Skyrim in a while, and I deleted everything to do a full clean re-install with the new AE. Opened up an unmodded version and was laughing at how basic it all looks after playing more modern games like Elden Ring.

Then, installing all these mods and it is genuinely shocking how good it looks. The exteriors are just beautiful, and a much more pleasant world to walk around in than the lands between! 

Thanks again for a mammoth piece of work.

I'm having issues with Dyndolod, which says that "update.esm might be the wrong version". Googling around suggests that the "Cleaned DLC" mod might be out of date, and we should go back to doing a manual clean. Once I've done a clean and re-run Dyndolod I'll see if that fixes the issue.

**UDPATE** Confirmed (for me) that removing the "Cleaned DLC" from the modlist and manually cleaning the DLC files allowed me to run Dyndolod successfully.

Edited by lolthisis
Update

O.o

Never thought of having to check the main files for versions. But @lolthisis is correct (just checked), Bethesda made changes there too so the cleaned files i linked to are outdated. I'll remove them from the guide. 

Sorry for that oversight. ?

Edited by Aylis

@lolthisis Skyrim doesn't have turtle-pope though. (Unless somebody modded him in.)

---

There's a GOG-specific version of Fuz Ro D'oh now.

@Aylis Pi-Cho ENB now has the Azurite version listed in the "Old Files" section. You might want to link directly to it now with the guide like you do for the other mods that don't need the default install file. It's kinda hidden now unfortunately. Maybe that's a mistake on the author's part, since they're obviously still supporting it (was updated two days ago).

Edited by wollboi

Managed to finally successfuly run dyndolod again. It only lets me complete with the default season. disabling seasons alltogether fails & running all the seasons yields that gazillions of console windows stay open until my system runs out of resources and softlocks thing.
Haven't had time to debug what exactly in the seasons settings breaks my dyndolod because a) there is other stuff to do too & b) jk patches felt left out and decided to cause a CTD now. narrowed it down to that part just not to which patch exactly. ?

I yanked the Temple of Mara cell edits in SLaWF, no more hole in the floor.

And I finally identified what causes my dynDOLOD problems..... my AV really doesn't like it, even whitelisting wasn't enough. Had to completely shut it down else it would go mad about the gazillion of terminal instances and freeze them. ?

Slightly related note, maybe add a note to seasons of skyrim that you need to edit the ini file to match the choices made in the guide.

@wollboi

Good idea. Changed the link.

@alfurence

Two texture packs that change the skin based on race at the same time is not a good idea. In addition to that can RSV cause a few problems.

Also no issues here with the SOS patch. I've tested every race i could get hold of and everything is fine. 

Spoiler

637754697_SkyrimSE2022-11-2500-58-08.jpg.a3d8a320d7a75a366fe3c371040c4994.jpg

@alaunus01

Where are those holes? Been through the whole temple and can't find any.

Edited by Aylis

The missing floor was below the door which leads to the cellar (i.e. when you enter the temple the door to the left). Casual glancing at the SLaWF changelog I think the cell change was added with 7.0.

Spoiler

52724-1627036995-1363079438.jpeg

Between the two planters on the far left side of this screenshot there would be a big fat whole into the cellar.

And I have gotten sidetracked again... bodymorphs being stuck by some ghost in the code issue between autobody, racemenu & SSE engine fixes

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Two texture packs that change the skin based on race at the same time is not a good idea. In addition to that can RSV cause a few problems.

Also no issues here with the SOS patch. I've tested every race i could get hold of and everything is fine. 

Woops... I guess I was too tired to mod when installing that portion of my load order. Sorry for the false alarm. For some reason when I was looking through the mods associated with RBT, I thought the note said "highly recommended to use this AND RBT" not or >.<. Went back and looked at the RSV page and it very explicitly states its incompatible with RBT. Can you please elaborate on the problems RSV can cause? Gonna decide if I give up on having weight based skins based on how cumbersome it is to try and make it work. If its just the BnP patch and Facegens, I reckon I'll make a solid attempt at it over RBT.

Edited by alfurence
8 hours ago, Aylis said:

@alaunus01

Unless you mean 'the hole' for the stairs, i can't find another hole there.

Hide contents

1640981890_SkyrimSE2022-11-2501-32-09.jpg.b6d015c650652c57ec42eb9dd9bef054.jpg

Odd, The whole mesh between the two rugs was missing for me (with some room to spare). And I made sure to check with only SLWaF active, with only JKTemple active & with both of them (and nothing else).

---snip---

Here is the relevant bugthread if your bodymorphs are stuck (i.e. no longer update in realtime while in racemenu but only on equipment change). To be clear, bodymorph sliders only updating when you equip / unequip stuff does not sound so bad at first but that means the whole autobody morph thing is stuck too (aka non-functional at that point).

@alfurence

Mostly texture issues. Black faces, wrong textures (shadows), etc. Plus RBT looks imo better.

@alaunus01

Havn't noticed a problem so far. But i'll keep my eyes open.

Found a nice preset for Bosmer: Fia (F - Bosmer) HPH

Meanwhile i've been working on a female preset for Redguard.

Spoiler

531609141_SkyrimSE2022-11-2512-23-23.jpg.b98aeacd9708bf9ff43bb0bc354c901b.jpg

I'm not satisfied with the nose and i might change the eyes a bit more.

Edited by Aylis

For some reason my game crashes if I take female character's clothes off. I re-installed CBBE, 3BA and the updates, turned off the bodyslide presets and created a new body in bodyslide, made a mod from the overwrite. Still seems to be happening. Still happening with a new game. Any thoughts?