QUICK QUESTION:

Is there a way to only have the Surrender interaction enabled? I don't want to be raped everytime I get killed. I just want to have the option to surrender to a hostile npc and that's it. I don't want to rape anyone or me getting raped automatically.

16 minutes ago, vmh1029 said:

QUICK QUESTION:

Is there a way to only have the Surrender interaction enabled? I don't want to be raped everytime I get killed. I just want to have the option to surrender to a hostile npc and that's it. I don't want to rape anyone or me getting raped automatically.

Spoiler

20170508132415_1.thumb.jpg.669ff003790a3d10945afd64873d4dbb.jpg

Set this to 0%

Maybe someone can help me. After installing defeat with NMM I am unable to load a save or start a new game. CTD. Game runs normally with defeat deactivated. Is there an issue with the load order (it was at the bottom but then I moved it higher, didn't fix the issue)? Sexlab, Skyui, and skse are all installed. Ran fnis.

6 minutes ago, starsnostars said:

Maybe someone can help me. After installing defeat with NMM I am unable to load a save or start a new game. CTD. Game runs normally with defeat deactivated. Is there an issue with the load order (it was at the bottom but then I moved it higher, didn't fix the issue)? Sexlab, Skyui, and skse are all installed. Ran fnis.

We'll need your mod list before we can determine anything.

26 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

We'll need your mod list before we can determine anything.

I'm no longer convinced defeat is the issue. While I was able to start a new game once after de-activating it, I haven't been able to do so again. Even after uninstalling defeat.

51 minutes ago, starsnostars said:

I'm no longer convinced defeat is the issue. While I was able to start a new game once after de-activating it, I haven't been able to do so again. Even after uninstalling defeat.

Do you have DDI 4.1 installed because I had that same issue. Had to remove some SLA Packs to fix it. DDI 4.1 added a bunch of new animations.

6 hours ago, Littleflash06 said:

Do you have DDI 4.1 installed because I had that same issue. Had to remove some SLA Packs to fix it. DDI 4.1 added a bunch of new animations.

I've always had the DD mods installed. Thanks to your comment I figured out it was the (recently added) slal billys animation pack. So thanks.

18 hours ago, Taven said:

Is this mod being worked on anymore, will any features be added?

Anyrandomnik's been making an unofficial version with fixes and minor additions. Check back a page.

It's been a while since I posted here but I thought this was hilarious.

Defeat enabled me to fix a game bug.

Seriously, I was doing the skyhaven temple quest and Delphine bugged out at the doors so I killed her, stuck her in a sack. carried her to the endpoint, and resurrected her. Worked like a charm lol.

16 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

Yup i think so

Thanks

I noticed the option for beast form immunity is gone in anyrandomnik's update.

$Beast Form Immunity    Beast Form Immunity
$Desc_BeastImmunity    If enabled, the player can be knocked down while in beast form (Werewolf, Vampire lord) the player will then shift back to human form and the scene will go on normally.\nDefault: Disabled

Looks like werewolf/vampire PCs are not immune and will still revert to human for the scene?

When I use 'k' on followers they sometimes come back with "Huh... No that's not going to happen"

- once they do, there seems to be no way to ever recover that follower except for going back in my saves to a point before they broke.

What is triggering this, how can it be avoided?

I'm at the point where I'm running out of followers and having to start new games due to this...

EDIT: I think I tracked it down.

Opened up the esp and scripts. Found the quests related to handing yourself over to someone.

And in the scripts, found SOSexCombination.SetValue(0)

- if that is 0, the quest condition for refusal will trigger.

It sets that, then it goes through your prostitution value. But if your value is 0, the value check fails - and it leaves you as 'not a teammate' (the global used here is literally the deprecated setPlayerTeammate: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=SetPlayerTeammate_-_Actor

I've been setting my value to 0 to avoid having NPCs say "that's too much for me" when using this system to set up a 3-some between myself, a follower, and an NPC... and that combined with flags I'd set on sexuality to try and knock some sense into other parts of sexlab, caused me to always fail the quest...

I seem to have it working now, and if not I've figured out the quest enough that I might be able to mod the esp to my needs...

On 7/5/2018 at 1:03 PM, crudo said:

Having an issue where Defeat won't trigger after losing a fight.  I've tried the simple stuff like the "Clean" and "Reconfigure" in the MCM but it has no effect.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and the issue is still happening.  I also moved it around in the load order and the problem persists.  Finally I dug out my oldest save and the problem was still there.  Quit honestly Defeat is one of the most rock solid mods I've ever run and I'm at a loss other than try a new game as what to do next.  Would really like to salvage this game if possible, any thoughts?

edited to add:  If I surrender Defeat works just fine, it's just combat loss that is borked.

I've been having this same issue. I try Cleaning, try Reconfiguring, try new games from 0-mod saves, and brand new. It's never consistent and I don't know why.

I'm also confused about this update by anyrandomnik? I install it and it puts AFT on my load order, but I use EFF. AFT tended to crash my game when animations started (at least, it seems that was the case after I swapped them) Does his update replace Defeat? Do I uninstall Defeat completely and install their version instead? The readmes weren't very clear unless I missed one.

On 11/21/2017 at 12:59 AM, CatterHatter said:

Defeat is one of the best mods. Awesome work, Goubo! I love it and have been using it for a long time. Can't imagine my game without it.

Ditto.  It's what I use for my game too..particularly since I don't use Death Alternative. 

On 7/16/2018 at 7:59 AM, anyrandomnik said:

Hi! thanks for working on this.

Could you list the changes?

I tried both your defeat and SLAC patches.

SLAC struggled with creature types that weren't defined in your MCM

While Defeat -  I think your version heals aggressors at the end of a scene?  At least that behavior stopped after I uninstalled

anyrandomnik's version seems to have an issue with the Death Alternative bleedout transition, where it seemed to just heal the player when I got knocked down, instead of transitioning to Defeat.

[08/07/2018 - 09:04:08PM] ERROR: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 2, got 1. 
stack:
	[DefeatPlayerQST (75000D62)].defeatdatrigger.StartDefeat() - "defeatdatrigger.psc" Line 37

defeatdatrigger.StartDefeat() calls DefeatTrigger() in defeatplayer.psc, which gained a second argument in anyrandomnik's edit. The new argument is optional, but in the download, defeatdatrigger hasn't been recompiled since the new argument was added, which causes the script to break.

@anyrandomnik would have to recompile defeatdatrigger to fix this. Somebody else could instead if they understand Creation Kit, which I don't.