Hey guys, I'm looking for someone to give the new update a quick run-through to make sure that there are no weird issues or unexpected behavior. Shouldn't be too complicated and no technical knowledge or modding experience required.

Anybody here interested in helping me improve the mod?

im sorry if this question sounds silly but i was wondering if there is a way to make your follower wear the chastity belt instead of yourself and how its done?

Thats also something I would like to see added, maybe separate versions without the locking scripts, just usable as armor.

I would like to be sure my followers are euh... safe when I leave them alone :)

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone to give the new update a quick run-through to make sure that there are no weird issues or unexpected behavior. Shouldn't be too complicated and no technical knowledge or modding experience required.

Anybody here interested in helping me improve the mod?

im sorry if this question sounds silly but i was wondering if there is a way to make your follower wear the chastity belt instead of yourself and how its done?

Thats also something I would like to see added, maybe separate versions without the locking scripts, just usable as armor.

WITH scripts and in some cases cause them to piss ... (If they get terribly wounded for example or in bleedout stance)

With a lock only the keyowner can open (guess who ? :P)

Also with effects sometimes... :P

Creating a non-interactive version should be easy enough, certainly more than the other way around. Though I'm not sure how I would implement it since I don't want to split the mod up into different versions. Maybe through a blacksmith that can 'tweak' the belt to remove some of it's functions or so... I'll give this and the whole follower thing some thought for the next update.

WITH scripts and in some cases cause them to piss ... (If they get terribly wounded for example or in bleedout stance)

With a lock only the keyowner can open (guess who ? :P)

Also with effects sometimes... :P

Adding effects is right up there with creating a quest. Can't say the same for effects or conditions affecting followers though, I still have to evaluate on whether those are worth it. After all, the effects of wearing a chastity belts (besides sexual input, of course) are largely psychological and not have that many physical results otherwise. Emulating different states of mind through magic effects would be simple enough for the player, but one might not even notice them on a follower.

But of course that would depend on the actual effects themselves, which is still up to discussion.

------

Having said all that, here are some good news and bad news:

The good part is that I've familiarized myself with the whole process of quest creation in the CK, so a belt related quest is definitely coming (although a simple one at first). Nobody around here would happen to be volunteering for some voice acting, would you? If not, silent voices will just have to do.

The bad part is that other projects require me to focus my attention elsewhere at the moment, so I'll have to step away from modding for a short period of time. Hopefully only few days, but maybe more...

Of course I'll still be checking this thread on a regular basis and continue to work on this once I'm able to.

As I said in an earlier post, a fix for the plug #3 issue will be included in the next update, but - since I've no idea when that may be - I'm offering to release a quick hotfix for those of you who absolutely can't stand the thought of having to carry around some additional plugs as a simple workaround (hey, relax... it's just a plug).

I have been having fun with this mod, great work. I have been trying to make it harder to get out of and so far I have removed the ability to make a key and made them so they might be found on some bandits or rich people. I have also played with the script a bit to make it harder to remove without the key (I think it works as I can do very little with scripts). I was wondering how you could make the keys a 1 use item? I also had an idea for a quest: During the night while camping or at an inn someone would lock the belt on the player and leave a note to meet them somewhere and pay a ransom to remove it. Thanks again for your work on the mod.

I have been having fun with this mod, great work. I have been trying to make it harder to get out of and so far I have removed the ability to make a key and made them so they might be found on some bandits or rich people. I have also played with the script a bit to make it harder to remove without the key (I think it works as I can do very little with scripts). I was wondering how you could make the keys a 1 use item? I also had an idea for a quest: During the night while camping or at an inn someone would lock the belt on the player and leave a note to meet them somewhere and pay a ransom to remove it. Thanks again for your work on the mod.

Since you don't actively use keys in Skyrim but they get used automatically instead you'd have to add a script to the locked item itself, simply telling it to remove the key from the player's inventory (a simple 'removeitem' command) once it's unlocked - at least that's how I'd do it.

Thanks for your quest suggestion, Veladarius. I'll keep it in mind once I continue working on it.

Good luck

Good to hear it wasn't just a problem with my game :P I am so very through with my game having problems lol, though I kind of enjoy it when it's an actual bug as it allows me to help and support great people.

Also don't even worry about the armor rating. Like I said, it is a bit of a pain for a mage, but then again, that's what Chastity Belts are all about :P You're not going to go wear one for the sake of fashion xD

-

As a side note, here's a few snapshots of a few different characters and play-throughs I've gone through, and these aren't even all of them. I must have restarted the game like 15 times now lol.

In order from oldest to newest:

Coming back to Skyrim after a few months break from it, completely fed up with crashes lol

Wild Forsworn-eske Breton:

B3FlCrG.jpg

... Turned into a vampire:

B2bt6k9.jpg

-

From Imperial Skooma Junkie...

6tEtFKN.png

... to Thane of Whiterun...

xOSmfK2.jpg

... to Dragonborn.

PDfiLEu.jpg

-

Savage Redguard- The one I originally tested the first Chastity belt with :P

Jt31A8O.jpg

-

Apprentice Wizard Snow Elf

zCrjqsa.jpg

-

And last but not least, the new Nord Sorceress:

SQjiv8u.jpg

I need to stop restarting the game and actually stick to one of them, likely the Sorceress so I can actually create a story, and hopefully eventually include the belts somewhere in there :P I'm planning to make some sort of graphic novel using mostly Text and Snapshots. We'll see how that goes :P

what mods are you using to get your game looking that good and what armor mods are you using

@DaHALOSHOCK: I'm pretty close at hitting the cap for mods in my game/games :P Cap being 250-255 mods? Or so I heard? If that's wrong, then awesome :D but I am running something like 230 mods or so, not counting replacements that don't use .esp files.

It's a little hard to pin-point everything I'm using xD but if you check This post it's basically the lighting overhauls, fixes and ENB preset and settings I'm using in order to make the game "looking that good" :P

One thing to keep in mind if you want to have your game looking beautiful yet not having infinite loading screens, memory crashes, memory glitches all over textured models, etc, is once you're done fixing the lighting in your game, go ahead and pick mods that look good and don't necessarily need HD textures.

In my games, despite all the bazillion mods I'm running, the only HD textures I have are the aMidianBorn textures for some armors and weapons, and maybe a couple here and there from some armors that simply do not come with low res textures. Everything else is vanilla levels of texture quality, enhanced by great lighting and ambient settings.

All of that said, if you want to know about a specific armor just send me a PM and I'll try to remember  :P

P.S.: 2 of the mods I'm using to make Whiterun look like that in some pictures are: Flora Overhaul (Get the "Summer Edition") & Beautiful Whiterun.

Keep in mind the Flora Overhaul "Summer Edition" is not one of those mods that gets rid of snow and "winter" in Skyrim :P it just makes the areas of Skyrim that are not inherently covered in snow look a lot more warm and dense with flora.

Hi!

This is a great addition to the mods i have installed so far. 

maybe you can add some extras to the castity device, to make it more frustrating for the person who is wearing this...

there are devices available with added steel cups for the tits and steel bands fpr the tighs, so the wearer can't spread the legs....

would be great!

bye!

@DaHALOSHOCK: I'm pretty close at hitting the cap for mods in my game/games :P Cap being 250-255 mods? Or so I heard? If that's wrong, then awesome :D but I am running something like 230 mods or so, not counting replacements that don't use .esp files.

It's a little hard to pin-point everything I'm using xD but if you check This post it's basically the lighting overhauls, fixes and ENB preset and settings I'm using in order to make the game "looking that good" :P

One thing to keep in mind if you want to have your game looking beautiful yet not having infinite loading screens, memory crashes, memory glitches all over textured models, etc, is once you're done fixing the lighting in your game, go ahead and pick mods that look good and don't necessarily need HD textures.

In my games, despite all the bazillion mods I'm running, the only HD textures I have are the aMidianBorn textures for some armors and weapons, and maybe a couple here and there from some armors that simply do not come with low res textures. Everything else is vanilla levels of texture quality, enhanced by great lighting and ambient settings.

All of that said, if you want to know about a specific armor just send me a PM and I'll try to remember  :P

P.S.: 2 of the mods I'm using to make Whiterun look like that in some pictures are: Flora Overhaul (Get the "Summer Edition") & Beautiful Whiterun.

Keep in mind the Flora Overhaul "Summer Edition" is not one of those mods that gets rid of snow and "winter" in Skyrim :P it just makes the areas of Skyrim that are not inherently covered in snow look a lot more warm and dense with flora.

AFAIK, the cap is 256 ESM/ESP files since that's the maximum number of unique hexcodes that can be generated with two digits. Of course, the base ESM and any official DLCs are also included in that count so in practice it's at most 255 and lower if you have all the official DLC involved.

One odd bug I seem to have encountered is that if you are wearing the belt and it is forcibly unequiped and removed by another mod or command (e.g. a forced stripping command common in a number of the mods here), attempting to reequip the belt will just bring up the 'you must unlock the belt first' dialogue box. I haven't found a way to get rid of that dialogue box either. 

Just discovered this mod. Zadil, you're a fucking genius.

Your first post here and I already like you (your speechcraft skill must be really high).

One odd bug I seem to have encountered is that if you are wearing the belt and it is forcibly unequiped and removed by another mod or command (e.g. a forced stripping command common in a number of the mods here), attempting to reequip the belt will just bring up the 'you must unlock the belt first' dialogue box. I haven't found a way to get rid of that dialogue box either. 

Yes, forced unequips and equivalent console commands are very likely to mess up the 'synchronization' between the code and the inventory. That's nothing inherent to Skyrim itself, but a necessary byproduct of the interaction feature between belt and player due to some backstage scripting trickery required to make it possible in the first place without having to rely on additional spells or separate configuration items - thus keeping the menus clean and the mod both immersive and easy to use.

Unfortunately I don't see a way around that without negatively impacting (i.e. destroying) the belt functionality and can only recommend that you remove the belt manually before such events happen. I'll work on a way to reset the menu though for just these cases.

Your first post here and I already like you (your speechcraft skill must be really high).

Yes, forced unequips and equivalent console commands are very likely to mess up the 'synchronization' between the code and the inventory. That's nothing inherent to Skyrim itself, but a necessary byproduct of the interaction feature between belt and player due to some backstage scripting trickery required to make it possible in the first place without having to rely on additional spells or separate configuration items - thus keeping the menus clean and the mod both immersive and easy to use.

Unfortunately I don't see a way around that without negatively impacting (i.e. destroying) the belt functionality and can only recommend that you remove the belt manually before such events happen. I'll work on a way to reset the menu though for just these cases.

Just curious but might this not work as temporally fix

Add belt by equipitem ID or unequipitem ID and try again to click the selected belt ? Unless it's taken from the players inventory it won't add a new one either so making it able to stay there

Add belt by equipitem ID or unequipitem ID and try again to click the selected belt ? Unless it's taken from the players inventory it won't add a new one either so making it able to stay there

The odd part is that when it IS taken from the inventory, either seized or force-dropped by a stripping command, two belts appear. One which functions as normal and can be targeted and picked up, the other which has no name and cannot be interacted with (although it is still affected by game physics and can be knocked around as usual through movement and such).

@Absolute_Jushin: Which mod/mods are you using that are causing the item to either be stolen or force-dropped?

If you're using Sanguine's Debauchery, it has a feature that will prevent (I'm not 100% sure how it works but I think this is it) items that cannot be sold or disenchanted to be stolen from you, limited removal I believe it's called? I think it's in the general tab or whatever it's called. Give that feature a try maybe.

The odd part is that when it IS taken from the inventory, either seized or force-dropped by a stripping command, two belts appear. One which functions as normal and can be targeted and picked up, the other which has no name and cannot be interacted with (although it is still affected by game physics and can be knocked around as usual through movement and such).

That is correct. Each belt actually consists of two items that cover different tasks, although one of them (the nameless one) is managed behind the scenes and the player is never meant to directly access or interact with it. Anything that causes it to be 'revealed' has the potential of breaking the mod functionality.

That is correct. Each belt actually consists of two items that cover different tasks, although one of them (the nameless one) is managed behind the scenes and the player is never meant to directly access or interact with it. Anything that causes it to be 'revealed' has the potential of breaking the mod functionality.

Still the same thing... If you would equipitem or force the item by console onto you it's like a forced equip and won't change a thing... Mainly it leaves you the unnamed and the named one again... This means you can just interact with them again like normal... Or should be able to atleast...

For now that's a temporally fix...

Zadil... I'm curious but why 2 belts... Can't you make your item a quest type item that's not removable... Most mods do not remove quest items... (For example in PO it won't remove meridia's (sorry if I got name wrong) beacon when you are stripped of all else) which means you could do something similar to the belts also... However it could use some extra interaction with Sanguine Debauchery... (Hell I should contact the creator of that and talk him into the way I would like to see it :P) If a bandit has you against the ropes and he tries to take advantage to you he's needed to deal with that first :P (This makes me think about a scene from Robin Hood's joke movie man in thights or something like that where the Sheriff tries to rape Marianna but can't get trough the belt even after using a jackhammer LOL ... I know but worthy comedy take that from me) (add sexlab defeat and submit to that list too) 

Still the same thing... If you would equipitem or force the item by console onto you it's like a forced equip and won't change a thing... Mainly it leaves you the unnamed and the named one again... This means you can just interact with them again like normal... Or should be able to atleast...

Zadil... I'm curious but why 2 belts... Can't you make your item a quest type item that's not removable... Most mods do not remove quest items... (For example in PO it won't remove meridia's (sorry if I got name wrong) beacon when you are stripped of all else) which means you could do something similar to the belts also... However it could use some extra interaction with Sanguine Debauchery... (Hell I should contact the creator of that and talk him into the way I would like to see it  :P) If a bandit has you against the ropes and he tries to take advantage to you he's needed to deal with that first  :P (This makes me think about a scene from Robin Hood's joke movie man in thights or something like that where the Sheriff tries to rape Marianna but can't get trough the belt even after using a jackhammer LOL ... I know but worthy comedy take that from me) (add sexlab defeat and submit to that list too) 

Yeah, I saw that movie a few years ago - good one. Even used the belt in it as a reference for another one I worked on (which got trashed since it didn't play nice with player movements. Quite a shame...).

The reason for having two belts is that Skyrim doesn't offer a script trigger for when a inventory item is used before putting it on or off. That means that by default clicking on the belt would make it appear/dissapear form your character before asking you how you want to interact with it. A locked belt would therefore have to be simulated by immediately re-equipping it once the player exits the inventory (because a item that can't be removed using the default 'prevent unequip' functionality - and probably quest items as well - won't even offer a trigger when clicking on it). Hopefully all this does make sense to someone who isn't familiar with scripts.

Using a second belt allows me to circumvent all that and display the menu without affecting the current state of the belt. It's a small detail really, but I thought the added immersion would be worth the increased complexity (if the belt is locked on, it stays on). However I'm beginning to question this seeing as how it seems to cause a few problems for some users.

The question is therefore whether users are willing to sacrifice this added immersion for better script compatibility in unplanned situations.

I'd be curious to hear of the response from the creator of SD (or any other mods) if you ever get to ask him. For the time being I will refrain from asking him myself though since I wouldn't have too much time to spare in case of a positive response.

Zadil... I'm curious but why 2 belts... Can't you make your item a quest type item that's not removable... Most mods do not remove quest items... (For example in PO it won't remove meridia's (sorry if I got name wrong) beacon when you are stripped of all else) which means you could do something similar to the belts also... However it could use some extra interaction with Sanguine Debauchery... (Hell I should contact the creator of that and talk him into the way I would like to see it  :P) If a bandit has you against the ropes and he tries to take advantage to you he's needed to deal with that first  :P (This makes me think about a scene from Robin Hood's joke movie man in thights or something like that where the Sheriff tries to rape Marianna but can't get trough the belt even after using a jackhammer LOL ... I know but worthy comedy take that from me) (add sexlab defeat and submit to that list too) 

Yeah, I saw that movie a few years ago - good one. Even used the belt in it as a reference for another one I worked on (which got trashed since it didn't play nice with player movements. Quite a shame...).

The reason for having two belts is that Skyrim doesn't offer a script trigger for when a inventory item is used before putting it on or off. That means that by default clicking on the belt would make it appear/dissapear form your character before asking you how you want to interact with it. A locked belt would therefore have to be simulated by immediately re-equipping it once the player exits the inventory (because a item that can't be removed using the default 'prevent unequip' functionality - and probably quest items as well - won't even offer a trigger when clicking on it). Hopefully all this does make sense to someone who isn't familiar with scripts.

Using a second belt allows me to circumvent all that and display the menu without affecting the current state of the belt. It's a small detail really, but I thought the added immersion would be worth the increased complexity (if the belt is locked on, it stays on). However I'm beginning to question this seeing as how it seems to cause a few problems for some users.

The question is therefore whether users are willing to sacrifice this added immersion for better script compatibility in unplanned situations.

I'd be curious to hear of the response from the creator of SD (or any other mods) if you ever get to ask him. For the time being I will refrain from asking him myself though since I wouldn't have too much time to spare in case of a positive response.

Wait, wait did I see that kinda right... You said you can't check scripts on items before it gets unequipped... Now you have one invisible and one visible... Can't you make it then that WHENEVER you lose the visible one (script by stripping from SD or so) that you AUTOMATICALLY strip the hidden one AFTER the visible one is gone ???

In other words a forced off strip is making the hidden belt gone too...

Wait, wait did I see that kinda right... You said you can't check scripts on items before it gets unequipped... Now you have one invisible and one visible... Can't you make it then that WHENEVER you lose the visible one (script by stripping from SD or so) that you AUTOMATICALLY strip the hidden one AFTER the visible one is gone ???

Yes, that would solve it - but If I recall correctly there is no way for an item to differentiate between a normal unequip and a forced one. One could of course, like you say, bundle the unequip command with a command to remove the hidden belt as well, but obviously that would be based on the command source and not the recipient. Meaning that it's possible to make it work with a mod that strips the player, but also requires that mod to make the appropriate changes and can't be done by the belt mod itself while retaining it's locking functionality.

Yes, that would solve it - but If I recall correctly there is no way for an item to differentiate between a normal unequip and a forced one. One could of course, like you say, bundle the unequip command with a command to remove the hidden belt as well, but obviously that would be based on the command source and not the recipient. Meaning that it's possible to make it work with a mod that strips the player, but also requires that mod to make the appropriate changes and can't be done by the belt mod itself while retaining it's locking functionality.

But technically from what I can tell... The belt that gets removed is the visible one while the invisible is not... Why don't you switch their slots then ??? Or is that not possible ? If you put the visible one on and the invisible in the stripped slot doesn't that solve the problem either ?

But technically from what I can tell... The belt that gets removed is the visible one while the invisible is not... Why don't you switch their slots then ??? Or is that not possible ? If you put the visible one on and the invisible in the stripped slot doesn't that solve the problem either ?

I'm not sure what you mean. Both belts are removed when the belt is unlocked the normal way (the invisible one is removed behind the scenes). Based on what Absolute_Jushin reported before, both belts are also unequipped when forced to do so.

To make a forced unequip work and not break anything two things are required: first, the unequip command would need to change the appropriate variables to tell the belt script that the belt has actually been unequipped (thus preventing the 'you have to unequip the belt first' message later on). Second, the unnamed belt would have to be destroyed (exists only while belt is active) and the named one unequipped.

All of this is handled by the belt script when the belt is removed as intended. But because a forced unequip fails to trigger the appropriate measures (because it can't be detected as such - if any of you know some scripting, please feel free to correct me on this), all of that magic never happens.

I'm not sure what you mean. Both belts are removed when the belt is unlocked the normal way (the invisible one is removed behind the scenes). Based on what Absolute_Jushin reported before, both belts are also unequipped when forced to do so.

To make a forced unequip work and not break anything two things are required: first, the unequip command would need to change the appropriate variables to tell the belt script that the belt has actually been unequipped (thus preventing the 'you have to unequip the belt first' message later on). Second, the unnamed belt would have to be destroyed (exists only while belt is active) and the named one unequipped.

All of this is handled by the belt script when the belt is removed as intended. But because a forced unequip fails to trigger the appropriate measures (because it can't be detected as such - if any of you know some scripting, please feel free to correct me on this), all of that magic never happens.

How about a simple script prior to the belt starting... Check of equipped ID of hidden belts ?

How about a simple script prior to the belt starting... Check of equipped ID of hidden belts ?

While it's not quite that simple, something along those lines is planned for the next update to solve the menu message issue.

That doesn't solve the forced unequip issue of not making the unnamed belt disappear though. I might have an idea for how to go about that as well, but it's gonna be a long shot.

Even so, there's still the logic issue of removing a locked belt in the first place, which is actually what's causing all of these technical consequences. But again, this can't be directly addressed by this mod. The best I can do on my side is to implement these fail-safes to fix the symptoms.

While it's not quite that simple, something along those lines is planned for the next update to solve the menu message issue.

That doesn't solve the forced unequip issue of not making the unnamed belt disappear though. I might have an idea for how to go about that as well, but it's gonna be a long shot.

Even so, there's still the logic issue of removing a locked belt in the first place, which is actually what's causing all of these technical consequences. But again, this can't be directly addressed by this mod. The best I can do on my side is to implement these fail-safes to fix the symptoms.

Not that I tried scripting for Skyrim so far but can't you just do something like. 

If belt hidden = equipped

Activate script

if belt hidden = unequipped

Activate cleaner script 

Cleaner script

Set activated flags to 0 

Allow equip new belt

??? 

This is not a coding language but I wouldn't see it not being able to be put in somehow...