Poll for current and future users of SES  

2,335 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Skyrim do you typically use?

• LE - Legacy Edition (v1.9.32)
    • SE - Special Edition (v1.5.97)
    • AE - Anniversary Edition (v1.6+)
    • VR - Virtual Reality Edition (v1.4+)

5 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Somehow my female slaver is not required to be nacked anymore. She never gets checked or punished although all settings are correct.

I upgraded mid-playthrough btw. LE

Appreciate the bug report. I might have already patched that in v0.5. I will have to go back through the code changes. I think I spotted something that could cause that. Apologies. Fingers crossed it is patched in the next release.

44 minutes ago, Shade_Devolos said:

I find this too, I have the Dragonborn Museum enslaved when Solitude gets enslaved. It tends to think the location isn't on the list if I spend too long in the location, even tho it was just running the enforcer.

Please let me know if that behavior persists with the new mod. The logic for checking a location was substantially updated. For performance reasons. But I could also see the new logic fixing this issue. I do not know exactly what caused your issue. I do know the area will not even be rechecked now. Not until Skyrim sends another LocationChange event. In theory there is now no difference between just arriving in an area and having been there for days.

18 minutes ago, kaxat said:

I plan to introduce a slider to reduce how frequently free females are called. It is already half built in version 0.5. There are a few things I do not like about arousal differences. Primarily arousal changes when you leave the city. It keeps going up. Then you return and everyone is banging free females all of the sudden. Draws your attention to the fact that nothing happens while you are away.

That seems to be problems in Arousal computations because, first, are too slow, and second have a fail in the initialization of NEW actors.

I have solved that problems in Aroused published a patched version of SLAX in their forum.

4 minutes ago, alex77r4 said:

That seems to be problems in Arousal computations because, first, are too slow, and second have a fail in the initialization of NEW actors.

I have solved that problems in Aroused published a patched version of SLAX in their forum.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I took a similar approach in the next version of this mod in multi threading all of the actor checks.

I was actually worried that this might hurt LE users. Generally more threads means more RAM and LE is often memory starved. But I did it the lightest way I could suss out.

3 minutes ago, kaxat said:

Please let me know if that behavior persists with the new mod. The logic for checking a location was substantially updated. For performance reasons. But I could also see the new logic fixing this issue. I do not know exactly what caused your issue. I do know the area will not even be rechecked now. Not until Skyrim sends another LocationChange event. In theory there is now no difference between just arriving in an area and having been there for days.

You must be a bit carrefull when ussing the Event OnLocationChange because, depending on what make the user, you can lost some events or get multiple events were some of them are fake.

If you are playing in Legendary you can make some easy test ussing the console comand "tb" to show the cell grids but that command not works in Special.

The event OnLocationChange is sended by the base game when the PLAYER cross a cell border entering in a cell owned by other location. That is ideal.

But now think a bit... A user cross a cell border, generating the OnLocationChange, but only put one feet inside the new cell/location and inmediatelly turn back, because ear combat, crossing again the cell border and firing another OnLocationChange. But as the combat is futile, turn back and continue walking in their original direction generating another OnLocationChange. You must get 3 events OnLocationChange but, sometimes, the game not send the 3 events and, sometimes, the locations indicated in the event not match the real location of the player. The new location always match when you walk in a straight line, but it doesn't always match when you're quickly entering/exiting/entering/exiting the same two locations.

Then, you can't relly in the Event OnLocationChange with closed eyes because, sometimes, not works correctly. I think that is the motive by the original SlaveRun limit the locations to closed cities rounded by doors with loading screens

1 hour ago, kaxat said:

@HabibHanson Appreciate the suggestions.

I plan to introduce a slider to reduce how frequently free females are called. It is already half built in version 0.5. There are a few things I do not like about arousal differences. Primarily arousal changes when you leave the city. It keeps going up. Then you return and everyone is banging free females all of the sudden. Draws your attention to the fact that nothing happens while you are away.

I purposefully exclude scenes like bards because they will keep singing and you will hear strumming while they are going at it. It is immersion breaking when his voice is just as loud while his face is buried in pussy. Beyond bards this logic tries to prevent that type of issue in general. Especially scenes from other mods.

Resetai is a console only command. Not available to scripts. For some reason Bethesda's developer wiki discourages its use. It says the command is severe in what all it resets.

Long term I hope to play scenes between NPCs in times like that. Then a sitting actor will stand up and walk towards whoever called her. Brief dialogue. Sex ensues. I will need a massive variety of scenes or else this will get stale. Obviously NPC scene chance would be configurable in MCM.

I value the feedback. I can not implement it all. But it is great to hear. Thanks everyone!

Have to recommend perusing SSX's old scene system for ideas on how to implement that then. It's old but still works so I'm sure you could trim the fat and hijack some scripts. Thanks for the feedback on why though for things like bards and resetai, neat to know since I stopped modding years ago. One last idea: being able to bind a toggle to turn enforcer on and off would be Marika's Tits. Solves a lot of niche instances where you are trying to go somewhere but need to disable the need to wade through all the poon-tang going on.

@alex77r4 The original actually did not limit itself to closed cities. With the exception of Whiterun it included all of the surrounding cells. It polled every __ seconds to get the players current location. Then compared it individually to over 200 different locations plus the contents of 13 JSON arrays. This took over half a second of script processing time on my rig. And given the nature of the checks it is not like they were all waiting on the next frame to render. If they were 200 checks would be 3+ seconds at 60fps. No it was just consuming all of the Papyrus script time the engine would allow. No good. Especially in combat.

It seems like most of the issues you mention would be mitigated by checking if the new location matches PlayerRef.GetCurrentLocation(). Then we know it is not stale. I am not doing that yet. Good tip. I don't know why an event would fail to fire outside of a stack dump. Thus far I have yet to experience nor see anyone experience a lost event. But I could see a stack dump causing that. Of course at that point you have far worse issues.

13 hours ago, kaxat said:

Please let me know if that behavior persists with the new mod.

I will let you know if anything happens (or rather stops happening) in the custom json locations I have set. I'm sure I'll spend a good chunk of time in the Dragonborn Museum at one point displaying items.

So after testing this a bit, I noticed that the only thing that doesn't seem to work is the nudity law on my character. No matter what i wear, be it weapon or armor, nobody says a word to me, even if there's a message saying that I'm not complying to the nudity law. Is there a new condition for it to happen or is it maybe a bug? Free woman btw.

@pchs Thanks for the mod! And letting others continue the work. It's a tremendous theme and setting.

@MelloJello I think that is from from the SlaveTats Tattoo Pack_CN.7z I wish I could say for sure. The actual tattoo you see is a slightly customized version. Its based on someone else work. Forgot who. No permission to redistribute. If you find the tattoo in Tattoo Pack_CN.7z mind sharing the name of it? You are not the first person to ask.

@Cleave That could easily be a bug. Good to know you are free. Someone else had a similar issue. I rewrote the logic for checking the players clothing status in the next version. Unified it with the checks that happen on other females. I bet this is already fixed. When the next beta is released we can retest and see if its still an issue. Thanks for the report!

@Herowynne Both!

I have a blurb on the download page about how I still consider this a beta. I released it in the forums over a month ago. And got a number of beta testers during that time. v0.4 was out for a couple weeks prior to my uploading it here. There do not seem to be a lot of bugs. But you'll note one mentioned above. So far no serious bugs. Nothing that would prevent from installing it on my precious hundred+ hour saves.

Next version is still going to be beta. Will fix a few bugs. It has quite a few changes in it. Might introduce new bugs too. Hopefully they are confined to the new features.

At some point I will switch from adding features to just fixing bugs. Remove much of the debug logging that happens in your log file. Then I will stop calling it beta.

@angrykiwi Maybe. It would be a while. I do not want to. Its a lot of work to get the same functionality we have now.

But I have been talking to xKnallAnder about his Slaverun rewrite. He is redoing the story quests from the ground up as he has time. This content is perfect for an episodic release. When Whiterun and Riverwood enslavement quests are ready those stories can be released. Then we wait for the next chapter of the story.

Because of the above making the Enforcers a separate mod is tempting. I can add a simple API for mods like xKnall's to enable the enforcer in a city. But I would also have an MCM for players to manually enslave and unenslave cities. With that I would remove Slaverun Reloaded as a dependency. Ideally I will still have a compatibility patch for Reloaded so it can use the new Enforcer mod too. A lot of work. Might not find the time.

Edited by kaxat

Does anyone here know where to put an override file in Vortex? In MO2 if I want to override a file provided by some mod I can put the file inside the override folder. Then even if I update that mod I will not lose the override file. This is where MO2 puts things like your MCM settings exports and such.

I need to walk users through where to put a .json file. Already written a tutorial for MO2. But Vortex is a mystery. After examining the documentation I am thinking maybe the staging folder? But it sounds to me like files in that folder are overwritten when you update a mod. Or deleted when you disable a related mod. Accurate?

@kaxat why not put it as a regular mod, like a single file in a zip? that way when you add it with vortex it'll warn you about file conflict and then you choose which takes priority, and then you can just remove it when you're done, or change the priority again... anyway that's how I'd do it, but I'm not really knowledgeable about that stuff

Edited by Cleave

@Cleave I am writing a tutorial for people to make their own json file. Hopefully Vortex has a simpler way to do overrides than that. Then I'd have to walk those users through making their own mini mod. Thanks for the idea.

@xyzxyz I think so. If I find time to make this a standalone mod I would include smaller villages in the MCM.

In the mean time you can use the locations.json to expand slavery laws there. That is what I did in my game. It won't add a Slaver Agent. But they don't always make sense. Some towns only have 5 NPCs.

I haven’t played this in a long time but one thing that may interest me again would be an active slavery system. The original slaverun was supposed to have the player enslaved if the PC met certain requirements. The enforcer enslaving the character was defiantly buggy in the current release. Furthermore, there should many ways that the PC can get enslaved and also ways that the PC can free herself. If the player gets defeated in battle, then sold as a slave, If the PC disobeys some city laws. There should also be tricky ways that the PC can get enslaved, such as accepting the wrong job or drink that turns out to be a trap, or maybe she is too submissive to be free.

The PC should be able to free herself after meeting certain requirements. This may be a set amount of money to buy her freedom, or it may mean becoming so submissive that the owner falls in love with the PC and proceeds to free her, if she kills her owner without any witnesses, she may get the key to freedom but if caught she will turn into a bound slave which will make it more difficult to free herself. It will usually take 3-5 days of submissive work before she can earn her freedom, as a new slave is not allowed out of the city.

Edited by aslab