Something like this happened to me as well with a Hireling.  She got caught in a shout a couple times and on the 3rd shout I think she went into submit cower animation and stayed that way until I dismissed her.  She wouldn't move from that spot when in my service.  I still had all the dialogue options and didn't have "What shall I do with you".  After dismissing her I waited a few game days and went back to the inn I found her in and hired her again and she immediately went into the submit mode(Cowering) and wouldn't move from that spot until I dismissed her.  So far it's only happened to her.   She is a vanilla follower (Jenassa).

Okay, this was a very easy fix.  Now, if you hit an active follower with the Shout, Vampire Shout, Grapple, or Ambush, it just ignores them and doesn't trigger at all.  They won't even stagger from the Shout or anything, just 100% ignores them, so no more accidental friendly fire because they ran in the way.

I also discovered I left out some important checks on the Vampire Shout, which would have allowed you to succeed in making ANY non-dead actor submit, including creatures.  So fixed that while I was at it.

Now I just need to check out this "Followers erroneously submitting when you force a 3-way on a victim", fix if needed, then update later tonight.

This last update is great. I welcome new changes.

thou I have one bug to report.  Whenever my PC and my follower sexually use submitted npc (bandits) more then two times, my follower became submitted too. Then usual conversation menu change some lines and I got the same line - "now what shall I do with you" - in conversation with my follower. Our relationship level drop to zero.

Okay, I took Jenassa as my follower out, smacked a bandit, then did the 3-way 4 times in a row, back to back, and each time, only the bandit did the bleedout, Jenassa stood by impassively, her dialog was the usual follower dialog, only the bandit had the "now what..." stuff, and after 4 times in a row, I didn't see it happen.

So, since I can't duplicate it, I'm not sure what I can do about it.

Although, once thing I did decide I would remove after doing it 4 times in a row is the "robbing" window popping up for the 3-ways.  Given the nature of how you set up the 3-ways, needing to talk to your follower, the window likes to pop up mid conversation, and was more of a nuisance.  I give plenty of opportunities to take their stuff if you want, so it's unnecessary in the 3-way scenario.

• 26SEP13, ~2050CST:

• Added a 'Follower' check to the Shout, Vampire Shout, Grapple, and Ambush.  In the event that your follower accidently gets in the way and hit by any of these, they will now be completely ignored.

Removed the "Robbing" function during the 3-way setup with an active follower, as the "Loot Window" popping up broke the flow of the scene, especially while trying to talk to the follower.  All other situations are unchanged.

This last update is great. I welcome new changes.

thou I have one bug to report.  Whenever my PC and my follower sexually use submitted npc (bandits) more then two times, my follower became submitted too. Then usual conversation menu change some lines and I got the same line - "now what shall I do with you" - in conversation with my follower. Our relationship level drop to zero.

Okay, I took Jenassa as my follower out, smacked a bandit, then did the 3-way 4 times in a row, back to back, and each time, only the bandit did the bleedout, Jenassa stood by impassively, her dialog was the usual follower dialog, only the bandit had the "now what..." stuff, and after 4 times in a row, I didn't see it happen.

So, since I can't duplicate it, I'm not sure what I can do about it.

Although, once thing I did decide I would remove after doing it 4 times in a row is the "robbing" window popping up for the 3-ways.  Given the nature of how you set up the 3-ways, needing to talk to your follower, the window likes to pop up mid conversation, and was more of a nuisance.  I give plenty of opportunities to take their stuff if you want, so it's unnecessary in the 3-way scenario.

Thank you for the update and for checking the conversation menu change. I do not know why did changed it in my game. maybe because my follower is custom made? Never mind. I appreciate your efforts in trying to fix this.

• 26SEP13, ~2050CST:
  • Added a 'Follower' check to the Shout, Vampire Shout, Grapple, and Ambush.  In the event that your follower accidently gets in the way and hit by any of these, they will now be completely ignored.
  • Removed the "Robbing" function during the 3-way setup with an active follower, as the "Loot Window" popping up broke the flow of the scene, especially while trying to talk to the follower.  All other situations are unchanged.

That's actually useful.  Stupid follower gets in the way a number of times, especially with Shout.

Great work with the updates, DK! Submit is on my 'must-have' mod list.

Got a question, concerning a situation that popped up: Lydia and I were heading back to Whiterun with a bandit prisoner in tow when we got jumped by a couple of dragons. We won, but the poor lil' half-naked bounty bait didn't last long. I loaded a save from before the bandit's capture, but now I'm wondering what happens if a bounty turn-in dies BEFORE the turn-in? Will the quest auto-clear the alias, or will it get stuck? Will the corpse despawn as it should? Should you maybe give the bounty a 'protected' state, like vanilla followers have by default?

I feel like I should mention that I disabled the 'execution' scene after the turn-in. If I'd wanted them dead, I'd do the deed myself. And, uh, to be honest, I have issues with killing people I've had coitus with, directly or indirectly.  :P The bounty target seems to despawn just fine after leaving the cell, though. And it does leave the bounty's fate up to the imagination...

At the ruins of the Western Watchtower, Whiterun Hold...

LadyDragonborn: Hi, handsome! I'm here for the bounty on this slightly-used mostly-naked criminal.

Whiterun Guard: Thank you! Here, this is for you! :D

LadyDragonborn: SCORE! Shopping spree, girls! ^_^

Jenassa: How can I argue with that?   ಠ_ಠ d

Lydia: You've done well! ^_~

The Dragonborn and her posse saunter off towards Whiterun. The guard watches them leave, obviously enjoying the view. Once they're out of sight, he looks down at the kneeling bandit prisoner, then looks around...

Bandit: What do you think you're doing?! o_O

The guard whips out his "shortsword" and starts jerkin' it in the bandit's helpless face...

Bandit: Oh no. By the gods. This can't be happening... >_<

The other two guards come running out of the tower, "unsheathe", and join the stroke-off...

Bandit: What?! NOOOOO!! D:

After a few minutes...

First Guard: HUA!

Second Guard: HRA!

Third Guard: OOF! (He has Rockjoint.)

... all three guards "shoot their projectiles" all over the kneeling bandit. After cleaning and tucking away their "weapons", the other two guards go back into the watchtower. The first guard points a reproving finger at the heavily-glazed bandit.

Guard: No lollygaggin'! (ಠ_ಠ)☞

...and proceeds to wander around the tower on patrol.

SpoogedBandit:  ಥ﹏ಥ

(Sorry! Couldn't help it!)

The reason they would despawn after the execution is that they have a very short duration spell cast on them, after it expires, is when the 10s until the disable() / deletewhenable() (or whatever the second function was called)  So yeah, even if they don't get killed, they would still despawn.

As to romping around and they get eaten by a dragon along the way, I imagine they would then be treated like any other random corpse in the world.  As to the Alias, if nothing else, the next NPC you declare to turn in for a Bounty would adopt the Alias slot, removing it from any other NPC that might have had it.

Speaking of bounties, I picked up my relatively new play through again, doing the first Companion quest to get the fragment, the Silver Hand guys keep attacking, and because of the revamped "who is eligible" system, they qualified for bounty turnins, due to being jerk faces and attacking first.  I thought that was nice! :P

Also, tonight, I'll be making another minor update regarding Bounties.  When you change Outfits, the game automatically restocks their inventory with a random assortment of whatever is listed on the actor data.  That's why there is gold, weapons, etc on them when you've already stripped them down.  So I will be fixing that tonight.  Which means, take whatever you want off of them before you declare you'll be turning them in! :P

Oh cool! Hm. Is there a way to modify the 'prisoner' outfit they get so that they're only wearing the bindings and maybe the footwraps? I kinda wonder where I'm getting those ragged tunics from...

Actually, I could do that in my own game. Just remove the tunic from the 'Prisoner' outfit. It could come in handy if I'm putting body tattoos on my character at the game start. 'Course, Lokir might be naked, too, but he's fucked anyway.

Oh, and it's great to hear you're actually able to play and enjoy the game finally! You've put enough work into this mod, I think you're more than due!

Yeah, the easiest way is to just modify the outfit I referenced.

Originally, I had thought about just making them nekid instead of the prisoner rags, since this *is* an adult themed site, I can't imagine anyone would legitimately be offended by the idea of bare NPCs and such.

In fact, I'm still on the fence regarding it.

My vote? Skin to Win, but I can see both options making sense. On the one hand you just took all their stuff and maybe screwed them silly. Are you really going to bother covering them up now? On the other hand, you may be feeling merciful or charitable, so allowing them a modicum of modesty could make sense.  

If you want to make more work for yourself, you maybe could toggle the rags in the MCM menu. Leave the choice up to the player.

Oh! Speaking of mercy, I was thinking of how one could do a 'catch and release' option for Submit. Sort of a "Get out of here, and if I ever see you again, you'll have cause to regret it" option, for those who are feeling really charitable. I'm thinking if the mercy script kicks in, the target gets marked to despawn, and then they head towards the nearest exit/entrance or whatever. Is maybe moveto or goto what I'm thinking of? We see npcs running all over the place all the time, but I can't recall an exact instance of a 'flee and despawn' I can use as a sample...

Normally, I would just leave them in whatever the player left them in.  If you stripped em, naked, if not, whatever is left.  Problem is that if you stripped them, the way the 'outfits' work is it would fully respawn their default outfit again, effectively giving you a free set of whatever everytime you moved cells.  That's why I change the outfit at all.

The "mercy" option would just have them adopt an AI package that has them "move away" from the player at top speed, and after ~10-20 seconds, you trigger the same despawn type deal that I use after the bounty execution.

Makes sense.

Another question, if you don't mind: I realize you're probably at work, but do you recall if the new 'Follower Exclusion' of the latest version is part of the .esp or part of one of the scripts? I want to make it part of my personal version, but it'd be nice to know where to poke around.

EDIT: Found it! Part of the spell effects. Nice work!

And thanks for everything, DK. This mod really is fantastic.

Actually, it was embarrassingly easy to do, so much that the fact that I didn't already do it was kind of embarrassing.  :P.  It's in the .esp, you go to the actual spell for each of the attacks (not the spell effect, but the actual spell) and then, where you associate an effect with a spell, you click on it, opens up a window, and has a section to select what is a valid target of the spell (like ruling out monsters on a charm human spell, etc)

Then you just add a, uhm, "IsTeammate" or something like that, forget the exact syntax off the top, make it != 1, do that for all of them, done.

Also, as I wrote earlier, while doing this, I discovered I left out some checks on the VShout spell (The Vampire version of the Shout with the reddish cloud), so if you don't just use the .ESP from the update, at least check it to make sure you have the corrections.

Very boss. And don't worry too much about it. With a mod of this magnitude, it's easy to have a few small things slip through the cracks.

And yeah, every so often I switch back to your most recently updated version of Submit. I've messed with a few script variables, but mostly it's dialogue options that I changed to my taste.

Funny thing, by the way. Previously, I noticed I was getting the 'share you with my friend' dialogue option even when I didn't have any followers. I checked in the CK and noticed you had the flag in that branch set to "playerTeammateCount" or something similar. I switched that flag to GetGlobalVariable PlayerFollowerCount >=1 and the option disappeared when I was solo.

So... I guess I have an invisible teammate? o_0 Wonder if he ever got caught in one of my shouts... >.>

• 27SEP13, ~2027CST:
  • Revised the Bounty Outfit swap to remove the respawned items that were erroneously appearing on the NPC due to a quirk to Skyrim's outfit system.
  • Added a Follower Global check in addition to the current IsTeammate >= 1 check for the nonconsensual 3-way dialogs.

Relatively minor update, but there it is.

Am very impressed with how much work and effort you put into this mod. Not very often you see modders with such a passion for their own work in making it the best it can possibly be.

LoversLab is fortunate to have people such as Ashal and yourself contributing to it.

Am very impressed with how much work and effort you put into this mod. Not very often you see modders with such a passion for their own work in making it the best it can possibly be.

LoversLab is fortunate to have people such as Ashal and yourself contributing to it.

Always good to hear! :)

Much better than another bug report :P