Could you make it so that submit animation is played before you check success rate?

I mean it would be logical to try to submit by hitting the victim then if victim resists it continues to fight and if not then they submit...

The way things work currently is: you use voice to tell them they arses are yours then they unwillingly accept it or not then you punch them for accepting and then sex starts...

You can turn off the disarm animation if the sequence isn't to your liking. I turned it off myself.

I wasnt talking about disarm animation. I was talking about first animation you see after submit rolls success %.

Could you make it so that submit animation is played before you check success rate?

I mean it would be logical to try to submit by hitting the victim then if victim resists it continues to fight and if not then they submit...

The way things work currently is: you use voice to tell them they arses are yours then they unwillingly accept it or not then you punch them for accepting and then sex starts...

You can turn off the disarm animation if the sequence isn't to your liking. I turned it off myself.

I wasnt talking about disarm animation. I was talking about first animation you see after submit rolls success %.

Yeah, that whole "grab and punch them in the face" animation that plays when you successfully make someone submit is what the mod calls the "disarm animation" in the MCM menu options.

Yeah, that whole "grab and punch them in the face" animation that plays when you successfully make someone submit is what the mod calls the "disarm animation" in the MCM menu options.

Oh i see... well i guess then this animation is what i would like to see played instead of shout or at least instead of grapple... anyway it should be played before success check not after...

Oh i see... well i guess then this animation is what i would like to see played instead of shout or at least instead of grapple... anyway it should be played before success check not after...

I'm not sure I am following the logic.  Why would you play an animation that successfully shows you beating the snot out of someone before you've actually made the success check?

Especially since failure, in particular regarding the Grapple, results in you getting pushed back and staggering a bit.  So it would make no sense for you to grab them, smash their face in, then fail, and get pushed away.

So, unless I've misunderstood you, I think I'm pleased with how it currently plays out.

I'm not sure I am following the logic.  Why would you play an animation that successfully shows you beating the snot out of someone before you've actually made the success check?

Especially since failure, in particular regarding the Grapple, results in you getting pushed back and staggering a bit.  So it would make no sense for you to grab them, smash their face in, then fail, and get pushed away.

So, unless I've misunderstood you, I think I'm pleased with how it currently plays out.

Any game logic: 1. Player attacks (attack animation played), 2. game runs hit or miss check, 3. game does damage calculation if its hit and game applies damage to target

My logic on submit: 1. Player attacks (game plays an animation that shows you beating the snot out of someone without damage applied), 2. game runs success or failiure check, 3. game does what you told it to do if success or returns to combat if failiure.

Current logic of submit: 1. Player shouts (no damage attack animation) 2. game runs success or failiure check 3. if success then player attacks again (another no damage animation) or does nothing if failiure 4. game does what you told it to do if success or returns to combat if failiure.

My opinion is that it would be more logical to skip current 1st step (no need to attack same target twice) and do success check after attack attempt.

The Shout *is* the attempt, it doesn't need a further animation, and uses a mechanic that was introduced in Skyrim, so it isn't like I pulled it completely out of my ass.  Either way, it makes the opponent stagger a bit, as it utilizes the base Fus pushback effect.  Why would I replace the Shout animation with something that isn't a shout?

The Grapple currently utilizes a brief animation upon the attempt that is based on the 'recoil' animations set, which for most weapon types, even bows, will appear as if you are lunging out at the opponent.  (Admittedly, this doesn't happen if you have a spell in your right hand, but that is due to a technical limitation, as casting can't block, which means no recoil animation associated, and all of my attempts to use a "casting" animation in its place, such as reaching the hand forward to channel a spell or release a fire & forget type spell haven't achieved decent results.)  I would happily use an actual "reaching and grabbing" animation or something, or something, but there isn't really anything that:

1. Works for all weapon types equipped, because bows/spells tend to not work with many of the decent "bashing" animation
  2. Is relatively quickly done and/or can be done on the move.  Given the "touch range" nature of the actual spell that governs the Grapple, getting stuck in place to attempt an animation while your opponent continues to backpedal away can make being in range a nuisance.

Either way, the actual pummel animation is the effect of a successful grapple, but you suggest that it should instead be the cause that allows a successful grapple.  So, I 'm still not following your logic.  If it shows you to beat the snot out of someone, why would it *THEN* check to see if you succeeded in beating the snot out of them, because you were already shown to have done such?

Reaching out to try and grab them?  Sure, it's an attempt, they may avoid the grab.  (That is the route I tried with the recoil animation.  It's not perfect, but I only have so many animations to work with, as I am not an animator and I can't make my own)

Taking a swing at them?  Sure, it's an attempt, it might not connect.  (This would also work, however, as stated above, bows/casting animations would have trouble with a simple swing animation)

You actually grab them and pummel their face a few times?  Nope, it's no longer an attempt, it's a success.  It is substituting effect for cause, which is backwards.

@dkatryl

Lets say i shout at you "Yu Ars Is Min!" would you think about success chance and giving in there or would you think about success chance after you get some beating? I hope that makes my logic more clear... :D

Anyway there is no need to get mad at what i wrote coz its only an IDEA to make things more realistic. Your mod is good as it is and im a fan all im saying is: "I see a room for improvements" but if you as an author of this mod disagree then i guess the mod will remain unchanged.

@dkatryl

Lets say i shout at you "Yu Ars Is Min!" would you think about success chance and giving in there or would you think about success chance after you get some beating? I hope that makes my logic more clear... :D

Anyway there is no need to get mad at what i wrote coz its only an IDEA to make things more realistic. Your mod is good as it is and im a fan all im saying is: "I see a room for improvements" but if you as an author of this mod disagree then i guess the mod will remain unchanged.

I would be inclined to agree with you on the Shout if you could walk up to someone on the street and use it at 100% and succeed.

But you have to beat them down in one form or another, through spell or steel, and then it is an inversely scaling chance, meaning the more you beat on them beforehand the greater your chance.  So you have already effectively done more or less what you stated.

Past that, we're talking about a supernatural ability that could make your opponent run in fear, drop their weapon, catch on fire, or just plain get flung away like a rag doll.  So I think having it make someone give up and surrender is within the realm of reason when we are talking magic.

I have not seen any real significant bugs in the latest build. I occasionally have some issues with what I would call hostile non faction members(aggressive but not part of the original bounty turn in folks) where the give me all your stuff option without raping them doesn't always work, they play the cowering anim but the gift window does not open., but it usually goes pretty smooth and I can always turn them in bounty.

Picked up the Orc girl, Borgakh, as a follower and noticed that she has no dialog option.

Is that a standard or custom follower?  I don't specify anything regarding any NPC's in particular, so I don't know why one would have it and another would not.

She's standard, at the stronghold east of Solitude, you pay her marriage dowry and she becomes a follower. It could be a bug on my end, I can see the LoversComfort dialog option but not Submit's.

EDIT:

Got it working by dismissing her.

I have not seen any real significant bugs in the latest build. I occasionally have some issues with what I would call hostile non faction members(aggressive but not part of the original bounty turn in folks) where the give me all your stuff option without raping them doesn't always work, they play the cowering anim but the gift window does not open., but it usually goes pretty smooth and I can always turn them in bounty.

That's good to hear. :)

In those instances where the rob doesn't work (Window doesn't open or what?) does the full rape (which also includes the rob) work?

And is there a red dot anywhere on your radar (in which case it's working as intended)?

She's standard, at the stronghold east of Solitude, you pay her marriage dowry and she becomes a follower. It could be a bug on my end, I can see the LoversComfort dialog option but not Submit's.

EDIT:

Did it continue to work once you've re-added her as a follower?  Without looking into her more specifically, I'm not sure why she would be a problem, but I can try to peek at her tonight after work.

EDIT:

Did it continue to work once you've re-added her as a follower?  Without looking into her more specifically, I'm not sure why she would be a problem, but I can try to peek at her tonight after work.

No, banged her once and no dialog again. Maybe its because the Orcs in the stronghold act as guards.

No, banged her once and no dialog again. Maybe its because the Orcs in the stronghold act as guards.

That is indeed a possibility.

Given the fact that most all of the Orcs are considered Guards (as well as many, but not all, members of the Companions <_< ) I tried to make it so that the Orcs (and Companions) don't follow many of the default Guard behaviors (I figured Orcs don't mind you getting down so long as it's consensual, after all).

I'll take another peek at that to see if they were being erroneously excluded, because that was never my intent.

My intent was to go into an Orc stronghold and create a harem of green skinned ladies! :D

That is indeed a possibility.

Given the fact that most all of the Orcs are considered Guards (as well as many, but not all, members of the Companions <_< ) I tried to make it so that the Orcs (and Companions) don't follow many of the default Guard behaviors (I figured Orcs don't mind you getting down so long as it's consensual, after all).

I'll take another peek at that to see if they were being erroneously excluded, because that was never my intent.

My intent was to go into an Orc stronghold and create a harem of green skinned ladies! :D

That's good to hear, I like playing as an Orc because you get to shag Elves, but having your own stronghold and numerous wives would be great!

That's good to hear, I like playing as an Orc because you get to shag Elves, but having your own stronghold and numerous wives would be great!

Just for sake of clarification, it wouldn't technically result in multiple wives via my mod, as that would take another mod.

But having multiple NPCs at the RelationshipRank == 4 (Lover) state?  Absolutely! :)