I cant help thinking that your % way of doing things is wrong.

Shouldnt it be a Speechcraft check and then have that modified by various stuff instead of your speechcraft giving a % and then various stuff adding/subtracting %'s from that ?

I have 10% of success atm (42 speechcraft) and I had the same at 20 speechcraft. Also, by doing it the way I suggest, you could have speechcraft perks affect it when using perk overhauls such as SkyRe which dont have the standard speechcraft perks anymore but added new ones instead, which dont work under this mod.

Outstanding work on this mod! It's practically becoming a "one-stop-shop" for SexLab animations and approaches, of whatever kind your character/dragonborn needs in typical quest situations.

With that in mind, maybe a further "courtship" element could be introduced, with dialogue that could only initiate foreplay ( I think SexLab may explore the kissing/heavy petting side more in future, by the look of some of the threads there). If that were the case, then "Submission" rather than "Submit" might be a better title for the mod, implying  potential for less aggressive/assertive situations. 

Just a thought.

That was the idea, giving the player multiple avenues to get their nasty on with NPC's.

As to further elements, while I can write player dialog until the cows come home, the real limiting factor is that there are only so many Shared topics in the DialogGeneric quest file, and the goal was to make sure all of the NPC responses used voice overs.  (Other than unique NPC's, like Karliah, etc.  Nothing I can do there.)

As to the Submit name, I side stepped that with the debug notification saying stuff like "Target submits to your overtures/seduction/bribery/coercion" :P

Shouldnt it be a Speechcraft check and then have that modified by various stuff instead of your speechcraft giving a % and then various stuff adding/subtracting %'s from that ?

I have 10% of success atm (42 speechcraft) and I had the same at 20 speechcraft. Also, by doing it the way I suggest, you could have speechcraft perks affect it when using perk overhauls such as SkyRe which dont have the standard speechcraft perks anymore but added new ones instead, which dont work under this mod.

If you have a 10% success chance, that probably means you actually had under that, but I capped the minimum chance at 10% so that you always had at least that.  And if you use the 0-25% bonus from the MCM slider, the minimum goes from 10-35%.  This is just like the success chance for the Ambush/Grapple/Shout (Although the actual algorithm to derive the base chance differs, naturally)

As to the check and then have it modified, I am not sure if you are complaining about it being additive vs multiplicative or not, but simple math shows that 5% of 20 is 1, so increasing 20 by 5% multiplicatively only makes the net result 21.  Increasing 20 by 5% additively makes the net result 25.  You will fare far better with it being additive until the raw value you start with goes over 100.  But since the max chance is capped at 90, it doesn't really matter if it did.

And it's your (Speech + Illusion) - (their Speech + Illusion) to give you the base chance.  The rest additively modify that base chance, which again, will prove more beneficial than multiplicatively until the base chance is > 100.

The sole exceptions to that rule was the penalty if the NPC is married or courting, since I don't want some random nobody noob dragonborn to just pester a married NPC until they get lucky.  You will need to impress them before they consider committing adultery and whatnot. :P

If you have a 10% success chance, that probably means you actually had under that, but I capped the minimum chance at 10% so that you always had at least that.  And if you use the 0-25% bonus from the MCM slider, the minimum goes from 10-35%.  This is just like the success chance for the Ambush/Grapple/Shout (Although the actual algorithm to derive the base chance differs, naturally)

The sole exceptions to that rule was the penalty if the NPC is married or courting, since I don't want some random nobody noob dragonborn to just pester a married NPC until they get lucky.  You will need to impress them before they consider committing adultery and whatnot. :P

But it isnt actually a speechcraft check is it ?

Well this brings up the point of: How do we increase our % chance of success for the passive dialogue options? What contributes to this success %? If its just the speech skill... something is wrong. At speechcraft level 96 I get a 18% chance.

As to the check and then have it modified, I am not sure if you are complaining about it being additive vs multiplicative or not, but simple math shows that 5% of 20 is 1, so increasing 20 by 5% multiplicatively only makes the net result 21.  Increasing 20 by 5% additively makes the net result 25.  You will fare far better with it being additive until the raw value you start with goes over 100.  But since the max chance is capped at 90, it doesn't really matter if it did.

And it's your (Speech + Illusion) - (their Speech + Illusion) to give you the base chance.  The rest additively modify that base chance, which again, will prove more beneficial than multiplicatively until the base chance is > 100.

(Late edit from earlier post)

I wrote everything down last night, but the new update format ate all of my writeup because apparently, it has to be done in a different place now. :dodgy:

I listed every modifier last night, and was rather irked when 30 minutes of typing got deleted, and I haven't gone back and redone it yet.  I was planning on redoing it later tonight.

But it isnt actually a speechcraft check is it ?

I never wanted it to just be a pure speechcraft check, because that would only take 1 thing into account, which utilizes a stock Skyrim function in the DialogFavor Scripts tab, iirc.

I do trigger the speech "skill up" credit function, however, based on persuade/bribery/intimidation.

Well what Im saying is that it's not a speechcraft check such as you would make when dialogues normally say you do. I have no idea what that algorithm is though.

The issue to me is that perks that arent vanilla perks wont affect this roll since its not a speechcraft check but a %based chance derived from speechcraft/illusion.

Now, keep in mind that I have no idea whether this is possible or not:

The check could be a speechcraft check, which suffered a penaly if the enemy had higher speechcraft than you, a bonus depending on your illusion skill and so on.

In this case all perks that increase persuasion attempts would work, regardless of whether its a vanilla perk with the names you had specified or from some other mod or even an item.

Is gift-giving a plan?  Submit to my generousity! >:D

and maybe taunting?  Submit to your desire to kick my butt! >:D

...the ability to ask for money and things?  Submit to my lack of finances! >:D

Maybe they could cook for you?  Submit to my needs mod! >:D

Also, I have a general question.  Like you (I'm guessing) I haven't actually played through much of the game, because I mess with mods so much (and screw my game up so much with mods ^_^;).  Your mod serves as a great vehicle for getting sex animations started, and if this were Oblivion it would be a fantastic tool for manipulating the "social" aspect of that game.  What I'm wondering is, does Skyrim's content really support what this mod does?  Like, is there ever a reason within the context of the vanilla game for me to go around trying to up my relationship level with NPCs, other than to get them in bed?  Maybe the game is just a bit less open about all that stuff than Oblivion was, but it seems like the vanilla game doesn't really live up to the stuff that this mod can do with it.

Whenever someone submits and the sex is about to happen, my game crashes. I just installed the latest version too. What's up?

If you are getting a CTD when sex is about to happen, it sounds more like you have an issue with your Framework install.

Also, I have a general question.  Like you (I'm guessing) I haven't actually played through much of the game, because I mess with mods so much (and screw my game up so much with mods ^_^;).  Your mod serves as a great vehicle for getting sex animations started, and if this were Oblivion it would be a fantastic tool for manipulating the "social" aspect of that game.  What I'm wondering is, does Skyrim's content really support what this mod does?  Like, is there ever a reason within the context of the vanilla game for me to go around trying to up my relationship level with NPCs, other than to get them in bed?  Maybe the game is just a bit less open about all that stuff than Oblivion was, but it seems like the vanilla game doesn't really live up to the stuff that this mod can do with it.

To my knowledge, not really, at least not beyond the basic "1", which generally makes them not mind if you trespass.

In Oblivion, higher disposition translated to better bartering, but doesn't really have much of an impact in Skyrim beyond 1, at least to my knowledge.

Re-wrote what I had already put up last night.  Apparently, you have to write everything in the "Mod Desc" section of the upload area, as opposed to just in the body of the post.  Anything manually written in the body of the post is deleted when you update anything in the mod upload area.  Bugger that.  :dodgy:

At any rate, for those confused about the Speech algorithms and bonuses and such, there ya go.

Hi I don't know if this is a problem or not but after I'm bound and gagged after submitting, a few seconds later my character wriggles free of the bindings. Is this a glitch or is this intentional?

Edit: Sorry nevermind didn't read up fully on player surrender :P

Hi I don't know if this is a problem or not but after I'm bound and gagged after submitting, a few seconds later my character wriggles free of the bindings. Is this a glitch or is this intentional?

Edit: Sorry nevermind didn't read up fully on player surrender :P

It was new with last night's update, so if you've been playing with the mod previously, the confusion is understandable.  Especially when my changelog and desc update got deleted.  But yeah, it's up now.

Is gift-giving a plan?  Submit to my generousity! > :D

and maybe taunting?  Submit to your desire to kick my butt! > :D

...the ability to ask for money and things?  Submit to my lack of finances! > :D

Maybe they could cook for you?  Submit to my needs mod! > :D

Get a mod called "Trade and Barter". It modifies merchant prices according to several rules, including your disposition towards the merchant. ;)

Does the "sex in public is a crime" thing only work if the sex is initiated through this mod? If so, can you change it so that all sexlab acts are covered? Pwetty pwease?

Only in this mod, as the check was done after you picked a sex act but before the actual StartSex() call to the Framework is made.

In order for that to cover ALL sexlab acts, the Framework would have to be changed, in which case, you need to suggest that to Ashal.

Since updating to Framework 1.14 and the latest version of Submit, I seem to have lost my intimidate and "Submit or die!" dialogues... So, I can't intimidate people into submitting through conversation and although I can still force a submission, after the initial scene I can't choose the 'go again', 'followers have a go', or 'leave no witnesses' options that I used to have.

I did a clean upgrade of the framework, although apparently that's not really necessary from 1.12 to 1.14. I also added the new Sanguine's version for SexLab, and Estrus Chaurus.

Here's the complete load order. Anyone have any ideas?

skyrim_loadorder.jpg

Hello. Very nice mod. I also don't understand how much your speechcraft skill contribute to your success.

I really like the fact that you can steal attack someone and rape that person.

But I have a Problem: I use Mod Organizer (run BOSS  and FNIS) to start new game with your plugin and other mods of course.

The problem i have is that after i steal attack someone and rape her usually on a interior (house), whenever i try to exit the cell i ctd.

I usually have to wait half a minute to exit i order no to ctd.

I have no problem with other mods or Sex Lab Plugins.

Any tip/help is very appreciated. Sorry for the wall of text.

Also if i post in the wrong threat i apologise.

Since updating to Framework 1.14 and the latest version of Submit, I seem to have lost my intimidate and "Submit or die!" dialogues... So, I can't intimidate people into submitting through conversation and although I can still force a submission, after the initial scene I can't choose the 'go again', 'followers have a go', or 'leave no witnesses' options that I used to have.

I did a clean upgrade of the framework, although apparently that's not really necessary from 1.12 to 1.14. I also added the new Sanguine's version for SexLab, and Estrus Chaurus.

I'm not sure.  I've updated to Framework 1.14 and I just ran a test.  Both the "Submit or die!" and the follow up options after the first round all show up for me.

I don't use Sanguine or Estrus, so I have no idea if they have any bearing.

Hello. Very nice mod. I also don't understand how much your speechcraft skill contribute to your success.

I really like the fact that you can steal attack someone and rape that person.

But I have a Problem: I use Mod Organizer (run BOSS  and FNIS) to start new game with your plugin and other mods of course.

The problem i have is that after i steal attack someone and rape her usually on a interior (house), whenever i try to exit the cell i ctd.

I usually have to wait half a minute to exit i order no to ctd.

I have no problem with other mods or Sex Lab Plugins.

Any tip/help is very appreciated. Sorry for the wall of text.

Also if i post in the wrong threat i apologise.

The Speechcraft formulas are detailed on the first page now.

As to the rest, I have the Framework 1.14 installed, and I just did the ambush on an NPC inside the whiterun inn, and as soon as the ragdoll effect ended and I was on my feet, I immediately ran outside, and I did not have a CTD.

Since I can't duplicate the issue, I don't really know what to say.

I'm not sure.  I've updated to Framework 1.14 and I just ran a test.  Both the "Submit or die!" and the follow up options after the first round all show up for me.

I don't use Sanguine or Estrus, so I have no idea if they have any bearing.

i have sexlab 1.14 and Sanguine's version for SexLab, and Estrus Chaurus and this mob still work real good for me

I've fixed it, and I'm curious if anyone can replicate this:

I cleanly removed all SexLab content, then slowly added it back in again... The component that broke those dialogues on my setup was SexLab Vanilla Voices 1.1b

I'd thought it was the least likely possible culprit though. Doesn't it just replace some sound files?

Anyway, without it everything else works fine.