Y'all think there will ever be a game that replaces skyrim as the king on this site?

4 hours ago, zelphador23 said:

I agree with this, the modding community is a huge reason why Skyrim has had it's shelf life. Bethesda may be greedy, but they're not dumb. If they leave the modding community alone, and open it helps their pockets, plus all you beautiful people fix their bugs for them. It would be a bad business arrangement for them to make modding harder.

I would love to believe that, but once an industry becomes "mainstream", the shysters take over and run it into the ground.   Non gamers are making decisions about what games to produce because ........."market studies indicate gamers are stupid and will fight to buy loot boxes".

7 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

I would love to believe that, but once an industry becomes "mainstream", the shysters take over and run it into the ground.   Non gamers are making decisions about what games to produce because ........."market studies indicate gamers are stupid and will fight to buy loot boxes".

Well I sort of meant that by a "wider audience" in a purely greedy sense. And... while profit is a powerful motivator to produce content, it just means we'll get the same basic shit from now on with very little thought or passion put into them. Copy/paste. ?

Vor 6 Stunden sagte steelpanther24:

Ich würde das gerne glauben, aber sobald eine Branche zum „Mainstream“ wird, übernehmen die Shyster die Macht und führen sie dem Erdboden gleich. Nicht-Gamer treffen Entscheidungen darüber, welche Spiele sie produzieren, weil ........."Marktstudien zeigen, dass Gamer dumm sind und kämpfen werden, um Lootboxen zu kaufen".

Well - it always takes two actors and one is the player/user/buyer - the other is the developer/seller.

So if even the worst-quality games are still bought by the buyer from the software creator...

..how should the pressure then arise to want to deliver something like "quality"?

I used to compare it to a car...
..and given the incompleteness and error abundance of an average game (from 10 years ago) you wouldn't even be able to start the engine of the car to be bought at the dealer...
..let alone you could take a test drive.
As well - there would be (in a figurative sense) not even a steering wheel!

Yes - the gamer and I don't exclude myself here - with his decisions - which are often carried by a kind of "gambling addiction" - contributed 50% to how the development of the ENTIRE industry went.

I've been playing since 1985 - I started on the "Brotkasten" (C64) and can look back on almost 40 years of personal experience...
..before that I even worked on programmable pocket calculators. In the 8-bit world, I still programmed myself - even simple games.
In a job as an engineer, you don't have time for that anymore and you can only "consume" games - but you can no longer produce them yourself.

No - "Bugdestha" is no exception in the game manufacturer industry - opening up their "special way" games wide for modding has created a special "biotope" - to which this platform ultimately also belongs.
In my opinion, without games like those from the ESO or Fallout universe, the modding scene would never have become as creative and extensive.
Of course there would have been mods for other games as well - but as far-reaching as you can change the game here...
..I can't think of anything comparable.

But the gaming scene has undergone some fundamental changes - including the proliferation of online gaming and the associated "profit-maximization" strategies (like loot boxes, etc.)

I'm very pessimistic - there won't be anything comparable anymore.
Especially not after my experiences with TESO - where I was already involved in the "closed beta" - it was completely uninteresting what bugs we reported - they were still there 6 months after the official start of the game.
When the subscription model was switched to "pay-to-win" I was out.
Fallout 76 then consistently continued along this path...
..Selling garbage as gold to the player has prevailed as a strategy - but without me.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:30 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

I just don't think Beth is the same company anymore that can make a game to spark enough interest from existing/potential creators.

I actually have (much to my surprise) high hopes for Starfield.

• They've walked back the worst of the design decisions from Fallout 4. No player VA, no dialogue wheel. No hardwired player backgrounds.
  • They're talking about getting back to their RPG roots, and everything I've seen so far seems to support this.
  • They appear to be shutting down the Creation Club. All the CC assets are being bundled into the games at firesale prices. I doubt they'd be doing this if the Club had been a major money spinner, but it was needed since Sony refused to allow mods without money changing hands. But since Starfield isn't going to have a Playstation release, that pressure goes away, and there isn't a reason why paid mods are needed
  • Microsoft, at the moment, could be the best thing that could have happened to Bethesda.  What they want right now is strong brands and popular games to drive Game Pass acceptance. Zenimax wanted to sell Bethesda Softworks for a profit, so they were happy to maximize short term profit at the expense of long term user satisfaction. Microsoft want Starfield to be the next Skyrim and not the next Fallout 76, because they want a game that's going to keep pulling the punters in.

Considered together, those are good enough reasons Starfield a chance. It could still be crap, of course, and if it is then my interest in TES6 will probably be limited to reading up on any new lore introduced, and how the game progresses the overarcing elves-vs-humans storyline.

But we're not there yet. And if they can produce something of Skyrim/Oblivion quality and moddability, then the modders will be only too happy to make mods for it. So I have hope.

Edited by DocClox

Nope.

We've passed the 'golden age' of mod making as the games which were made with the desire to allow mod creation are no longer being developed.   2009 seemed to be the year when mod making would begin to hit it's height with a couple of other games following in the footsteps of the biggest allowing for continued interest in the concept from both developers and gamers.

Like ANYTHING that becomes popular, the filthy greedy corporations will try to take it from people and sell it. That's where we are right now - as we see all the games which are the most popular to mod now have corporate sponsored mods available along with that constant meddling to make it more difficult to use player made mods through 'patching'.

I often thought it was a mistake for Bethesda to go the online route which pretty much kills any mods (anti-cheat) as I have NO desire to play the online versions of their trash that players have had to FIX for many years as single player games.

>>> In short - corporate greed has changed the landscape surrounding the creation of mods and I don't see it ever being like it was. As an old fucker I've seen this in so many different examples where public popularity causes corporate interest to get involved for bigger profit.

I want my MTV, but instead now I only get commercials . . . . .

Vor 1 Stunde sagte landess:

Ich dachte oft, dass es ein Fehler von Bethesda war, den Online-Weg zu gehen, der so ziemlich alle Mods (Anti-Cheat) tötet, da ich KEINE Lust habe, die Online-Versionen ihres Mülls zu spielen, den die Spieler seit vielen Jahren als Einzelspieler reparieren mussten Spiele.

>>> Kurz gesagt – die Gier der Unternehmen hat die Landschaft rund um die Erstellung von Mods verändert und ich sehe nicht, dass es jemals so war wie es war. Als alter Ficker habe ich das in so vielen verschiedenen Beispielen gesehen, wo öffentliche Popularität dazu führt, dass Unternehmensinteressen sich für größeren Profit engagieren.

I can still remember the public presentation of "Fallout 76" when Mr. Todd XY uttered the sentence:
"..we don't specifically make content in the form of a solo campaign - so that the player has freedom to make his own..."

huh
What?
In an online game with no real possibility of mods - especially story mods?
How does that work?

Because Mr. Todd XY knew that it wasn't possible and his customers also knew that if they weren't completely absent-minded - it was clear that he ultimately said -> You (players) are all stupid farts and shit on you - it there are enough stupid assholes who buy the game anyway

And the fanboy scene agreed with him - these farts didn't just buy the game, they hyped themselves through the forums - and roared down any criticism.

Because next to loot boxes and everything else, a fan boy (and fan girl) scene is an absolutely necessary building block.

And again a look at the presentation of "Fallout 76" at that time - in the first or second row in the audience, a euphorically clapping woman...
..a mod author whose mods had only recently been included on the CC platform and she now had the prospect of becoming immeasurably rich.
That's what she probably thought at the time - because there's no other way to explain her appearance...
"Judas" had to be given 30 pieces of silver in real terms - she was satisfied with the prospect of being able to earn these 30 at some point
(sorry - my heart is swelling with grief right now - this is a deliberate exaggeration)

2 hours ago, landess said:

Nope.

We've passed the 'golden age' of mod making as the games which were made with the desire to allow mod creation are no longer being developed.   2009 seemed to be the year when mod making would begin to hit it's height with a couple of other games following in the footsteps of the biggest allowing for continued interest in the concept from both developers and gamers.

Certainly what you said could be the case, though I am heartened by the increasingly user friendly Unreal Engine.    As game developers opt to standardize their engines, it will open up games to being modded the old fashion way.   Several readers of this forum likely remember the first set of mods for Fallout 1 and 2, GTA VC, Dragon Age and Mass Effect.   However, this time, all the new games will be using the same engine so you won't have to wait for someone to crack open the code and send out instructions on how to mod those games.

One of my favorite mods in GTA VC was turning the lingerie store into a "Fredericks of Hollywood."    Tommy Vercetti was more of a Tony Soprano looking person and I was driving in cars remodelled after real ones (like a Porsche instead of .......what ever they called it to avoid getting sued) . 

Now, while it may not be "golden" (open to a wide range of non coders), I still think there will a strong modding community.

The successful model of the gaming industry has now reached the car industry:
Currently here in Germany at Mercedes-Benz:
Monthly fee for heated seats and steering wheel or one-time fixed price
for better acceleration (20-24% increase in power of the drive) - i.e. the activation of something that is already in the purchased car - one would like to have 1,200 euros per year

On 9/2/2022 at 12:55 AM, dribbles2 said:

Hi I know what you mean lol

In my view its going be Cyberpunk 2077 as peeps already trying to inject scripts and create tools to make mods... 

It's also possible an employee leaks something and boom an updated engine and better graphical starting point for mods.

To any disgruntled CD Projekt Red employees out there..

tenor.gif?itemid=9400556

Ooooo that would be quite awsome I hope that becomes the next big thing.

edit: Just read the rest of the comments and now I am sad.

Edited by Thornagar
1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

for better acceleration (20-24% increase in power of the drive) - i.e. the activation of something that is already in the purchased car - one would like to have 1,200 euros per year

oh wow

On 11/24/2022 at 8:14 PM, Miauzi said:

bmw also does this... keep in mind u actually have to drive that inactive crap around with ur paid gas all the time - should be sue-able

anyway, the closer we get to that starfield release the more optimistic i become. no online modes, no hardcoded story pc, no voiced pc. if creation kit is going to work well with sf we could see some unique new mods/gameplay... combined with the new players that will be jumping on the hype wagon on the release, the potential is there that a flood of new contend could infiltrate this site like skynet infiltrated the firewall in terminator 3.

Vor 7 Stunden sagte 0wnyx:

bmw tut das auch ... denken Sie daran, dass Sie diesen inaktiven Mist die ganze Zeit mit Ihrem bezahlten Benzin herumfahren müssen - sollte verklagt werden können

Wie dem auch sei, je näher wir dieser Starfield-Veröffentlichung kommen, desto optimistischer werde ich. keine Online-Modi, kein fest programmierter Story-PC, kein stimmhafter PC. Wenn Creation Kit gut mit SF funktioniert, könnten wir einige einzigartige neue Mods/Gameplay sehen ... kombiniert mit den neuen Spielern, die bei der Veröffentlichung auf den Hype-Wagen aufspringen werden, besteht das Potenzial, dass eine Flut neuer Inhalte entstehen könnte Infiltrieren Sie diese Seite, wie Skynet die Firewall in Terminator 3 infiltriert hat.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the optimism...
..I only have to remember TESO - which I was part of at the beginning of the "closed" beta test phase.
Ok - you paid for your subscription every month - there weren't any things that could be bought at first - the shop wasn't even available when the game started.
Unfortunately, they wanted to change that from the start - all promises in the direction of ala we don't do "pay-to-win" were broken.
In addition, things (such as "cosmetic" clothing for the role-playing game faction) that had been communicated as free "subsequent deliveries" before the start of the game (you hadn't finished with them at the start of the game) were later placed in the online shop for a fee.
I definitely don't trust announcements from the games industry anymore, and as I found out, you can still exchange gifts after the game has started - there are plenty of bogus arguments about this.

Of course, there are still mod authors who are keen to try out their skills on new games - but it also needs the games in which you can "let off steam" and of course the community of players themselves who also use these mods and through their communication with the mod author this helps to further develop his work.

And especially with the latter I see clear deficits - especially in the way of the -> "conversational tone!"
It has gotten worse and worse in recent years - if you read through the comment threads, e.g. on Nexus...
..I can understand why authors are literally "fed up"
(and are currently experiencing it here on LL during the conversion or addition in the area of DD devices for Skyrim)

6 hours ago, Miauzi said:

And especially with the latter I see clear deficits - especially in the way of the -> "conversational tone!"
It has gotten worse and worse in recent years - if you read through the comment threads, e.g. on Nexus...
..I can understand why authors are literally "fed up"

That's why I've always been against the idea of paid mods. Once you start introducing money into a hobby, it changes the way people interact, and suddenly no-one wants to share any more. Instead of sharing techniques and insights into the engine, everyone wants to keep their secrets so the thing their mods do can't be done by anyone else. And then the lawsuits start and before you know it, everyone in the modding community has either left or turned into Arthmoor.

Still, we're not there yet, and it's not the first time this has happened. There are grounds for optimism.

Edited by DocClox
Gerade eben sagte DocClox:

Deshalb war ich immer gegen die Idee von kostenpflichtigen Mods. Sobald Sie anfangen, Geld in ein Hobby einzubringen, ändert sich die Art und Weise, wie Menschen interagieren, und plötzlich möchte niemand mehr teilen. Anstatt Techniken und Einblicke in die Engine zu teilen, möchte jeder seine Geheimnisse bewahren, damit die Dinge, die seine Mods tun, von niemand anderem getan werden können. Und dann beginnen die Klagen und ehe man sich versieht, ist jeder in der Modding-Community entweder gegangen oder zu Arthmoor geworden.

Trotzdem sind wir noch nicht so weit, und es ist nicht das erste Mal, dass dies passiert. Es gibt Grund zum Optimismus.

Well - this behavior has existed before - but it was probably rare.
Now it has increased significantly.
But there is also the side of the mod users who make real demands on (free working) mod authors as if they would pay them.

And many mod authors are stuck in large projects like the "Transformation of Morrowind on the Skyrim engine or "Fallout London"

I myself have been looking forward to the revisions of Oblivion and Morrowind for years and would prefer this to any new game ("space fallout")

1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

Well - this behavior has existed before - but it was probably rare.

Look back at the row in the Morrowind community that resulted in the "Cathedral vs Parlor" distinction. It was the same mix of people trying to monetize their mods, and folks getting very toxic about other modders using or interacting with their mods in any way. It was smaller scale, but only because modding itself was smaller scale.

Skywind was always going to be a long term project, but then Morroblivion finished, so there's no reason to assume Skywind won't do likewise. And Fallout London is set to release next year.

Edited by DocClox
typos
On 11/23/2022 at 12:22 PM, zelphador23 said:

I agree with this, the modding community is a huge reason why Skyrim has had it's shelf life. Bethesda may be greedy, but they're not dumb. If they leave the modding community alone, and open it helps their pockets, plus all you beautiful people fix their bugs for them. It would be a bad business arrangement for them to make modding harder.

Yep, although they do some dumb shit occasionally like updating Skyrim for no goddamn reason and breaking a lot of mods as a result. Like the update they released in september which wrecked my mod list and some mods are still not updated for the new SKSE and it was all because they added some bullshit feature that nobody asked for.

Things like that really shakes my optimism in Bethesda but i generally think they won't fuck with their main releases too much even though they've been trying to monetize mods in all the wrong ways.

Edited by Mr. Otaku
"Do you know the definition of a typo?" -Crazy Man With A Mohawk
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 9:20 AM, landess said:

Nope.

We've passed the 'golden age' of mod making as the games which were made with the desire to allow mod creation are no longer being developed.   

perhaps all the more reason to ante up and double up with the sims.

from day one, user created content has mattered.

economy, insane presidents, fundamental shift in how the tech of net is engaged...

idk what yesterday was, haven't a hope in hell for tomorrow, and yet...

how this tech continues to evolve, always returns to me.

happy solstice, man

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that we really need a great AAA porn game but we are never going to get that. We can't even get AAA porn movies why would we get games either? The closest thing was that 3dsexvilla crap and it turned out bad and full of micro transactions. I think at some point there will be a big competition to UE tech and it won't break every dam time it is updated and THEN someone makes a good porn game for it but most likely it will be a paymeon user that makes such a thing. More likely someone from south korea or some place in asia since there is some kind of increase in weird porn shit over there recently. 

The tech would probably come from xbox development since that is where all the gaming stuff is migrating. There is no way that online only server side assets only is going to work so the xbox is where it will all go. Whoever buys out macroshit in the future, that is most likely who will develop better tech. The whole game making process needs to be much easier along with animating and voice work so I keep my eyes on AI related stuff for that. Just like right now you can get an AI to draw things by description, maybe animating by description will be a thing someday too. 

I'm not a fan of sony and their gatekeeper crap and I don't see them lasting another 20 years but I don't like macroshit either. I bet it will be some asian company long in the future that buys out both of them or whatever is left of them and does big things in the industry. Meanwhile back in present time... nope nothing gonna dethrone skyrim for porn. I doubt starfield will be much different than fallout 4 so the only successor is going to be the next ES game.

1 hour ago, Zor2k13 said:

The problem is that we really need a great AAA porn game but we are never going to get that. We can't even get AAA porn movies why would we get games either? The closest thing was that 3dsexvilla crap and it turned out bad and full of micro transactions. I think at some point there will be a big competition to UE tech and it won't break every dam time it is updated and THEN someone makes a good porn game for it but most likely it will be a paymeon user that makes such a thing. More likely someone from south korea or some place in asia since there is some kind of increase in weird porn shit over there recently. 

The tech would probably come from xbox development since that is where all the gaming stuff is migrating. There is no way that online only server side assets only is going to work so the xbox is where it will all go. Whoever buys out macroshit in the future, that is most likely who will develop better tech. The whole game making process needs to be much easier along with animating and voice work so I keep my eyes on AI related stuff for that. Just like right now you can get an AI to draw things by description, maybe animating by description will be a thing someday too. 

I'm not a fan of sony and their gatekeeper crap and I don't see them lasting another 20 years but I don't like macroshit either. I bet it will be some asian company long in the future that buys out both of them or whatever is left of them and does big things in the industry. Meanwhile back in present time... nope nothing gonna dethrone skyrim for porn. I doubt starfield will be much different than fallout 4 so the only successor is going to be the next ES game.

AAA porn games won't happen simply due to the nature of porn. AAA companies care about money. In order to get money, the game would  have to appeal to the normies, so that means the game would have to be milk toast. Even mainstream Japanese H games are typically milk toast. And, the more edgy you make the game, the more you cut out large parts of your audience. Case in point: Succubus. That's a pretty big title, but I have zero interest in playing it personally. I realize some people like to associate violence, hedonism, and blood with sex, but I don't. I find banging chicks with periods disgusting. Another example, Subverse, perhaps people like the crude humor and panty wearing deadpool funny. I find it lame and can't play that game either. But, there are games I do like that other people don't like Last Evil. Long story short, there's just no profitability in it because there's not enough common ground. The final nail in the coffin is that the devs don't do the quality of work you'd see here in the mods. It turns out that most developers who are usually addicted to pron aren't as dedicated to fulfill a purpose greater than their immediate desires, to put it lightly. Their work ethic is usually do enough to not get fired.

Nothing against SKYRIM can happen in future again. Specially not those nonsence SCI-FI. Toddy jumped with his brain again on a wrong train. Boy´s brain-mechanics, boy´s $$$-machine.

TESVI is not interesting me. Not even in the absurd case, if it has a button for creating new stuff randomized-and additionally not even, if it has all the sex-planets in different colors, orbits and galaxies available-with- or without Breast-Holders.

Edited by t.ara

I do actually think it could be Cyberpunk 2077.  The game had a terrible start, but CDPR have worked on it, and worked with modders to make it moddable.  It's actually easier to mod (as an end user) and more stable than any of the Bethesda games. You don't even need a mod manager, you can just add and remove mods manually peacemeal without much pother or confusion. 

And I think once either the 3rd person WIP mod is finished or CDPR get their fingers out of their asses and make 3rd person a real thing (as the game was originally intended to be - like the Witcher 3, with both 1st and 3rd person), then given the game's extraordinary visual beauty and sense of place, it could easily take over.  The modding community seems to be really solid, with a core of about half a dozen people who are pumping out really amazing, high quality gameplay tweaks, schmexy babes, clothes, etc., Naughty acts with those grahpics would be something else, proper next-gen stuff.

If any modders here are bored and looking to try something, I'd highly recommend they give it a look.  For a long time, all you could do was replace things, but now modders can finally add things, have in-game UIs, etc.,  There's a scripting mod coming along nicely an a modding tool (Wolvenkit) that looks like it's going to be the one.  Give it a couple of years and I think it'll really heat up.

(The WIP 3rd person mod is functional in terms of basic gameplay - you can 'F' interact with the world in 3rd person, although it switches to 1st person for combat, which is probably making a virtue out of a necessity actually.  The problem with it is that it uses in 3rd person the rather sketchy and basic anims that are used in first person for body awareness, and the rig is a bit wonky too - it has a slightly caved-in chest, like the hippy from Scooby Doo, and the shoulders are too wide, although there's another mod that fixes that.  Basically the problem is that good animations will have to be created for 3rd person and the model will have to look like the model looks in character creation and the photobooth.  Once those are sorted out, it'll be golden - or as I said, maybe CDPR will do it themselves.  They did PR on going 1st person, but everyone thinks it's because they were pushed for time and resources, what with having to rejig the game from an RPG proper into an action-adventure game starring Keanu Reeves.  They did the mix fine with TW3 so there's no reason they couldn't have done it with this game, anyway.)

Edited by gurugeorge
On 11/28/2022 at 8:53 AM, DocClox said:

everyone in the modding community has either left or turned into Arthmoor

Ok, I've seen a lot about him recently, can anyone explain to me, in brief, what's the deal with this guy? He used to be universally praised across the community several years ago, I know he's one of the people behind unofficial patches, he did some very early mods, some of which I still use, which he then removed from Nexus after collections drama, though they are still available elsewhere.

Now all I see is people pouring buckets of shit on the guy and I'd like to know why.

If there's an Internet drama behind it, spare me the details, I'm not interested, just give me a brief.

2 hours ago, gurugeorge said:

Ich denke tatsächlich, dass es Cyberpunk 2077 sein könnte. Das Spiel hatte einen schrecklichen Start, aber CDPR hat daran gearbeitet und mit Moddern zusammengearbeitet, um es modifizierbar zu machen. Es ist tatsächlich einfacher zu modifizieren (als Endbenutzer) und stabiler als jedes der Bethesda-Spiele. Sie brauchen nicht einmal einen Mod-Manager, Sie können Mods einfach manuell hinzufügen und entfernen, ohne viel Aufwand oder Verwirrung. 

Und ich denke, sobald entweder die 3rd-Person-WIP-Mod fertig ist oder CDPR ihre Finger aus dem Hintern zieht und die 3rd-Person zu einer realen Sache macht (wie das Spiel ursprünglich beabsichtigt war – wie The Witcher 3, mit sowohl der 1st- als auch der 3rd-Person) , dann könnte es angesichts der außergewöhnlichen visuellen Schönheit und des Ortsgefühls des Spiels leicht übernehmen. Die Modding-Community scheint wirklich solide zu sein, mit einem Kern von etwa einem halben Dutzend Leuten, die wirklich erstaunliche, hochwertige Gameplay-Tweaks, Schmexy-Babes, Klamotten usw. herauspumpen. Ungezogene Acts mit diesen Grafiken wären etwas anderes, direkt als nächstes -gen Sachen.

Wenn irgendwelche Modder hier gelangweilt sind und etwas ausprobieren möchten, würde ich ihnen wärmstens empfehlen, es sich anzusehen. Lange Zeit war alles, was Sie tun konnten, Dinge zu ersetzen, aber jetzt können Modder endlich Dinge hinzufügen, In-Game-UIs haben usw. Es gibt einen Scripting-Mod, der gut daherkommt, und ein Modding-Tool (Wolvenkit), das so aussieht, als würde es das tun derjenige sein. Geben Sie ihm ein paar Jahre Zeit und ich denke, es wird sich wirklich erwärmen.

(Der WIP 3rd-Person-Mod ist in Bezug auf das grundlegende Gameplay funktional – Sie können mit der Welt in der 3rd-Person-Perspektive interagieren, obwohl er für den Kampf in die 1st-Person-Perspektive wechselt, was wahrscheinlich tatsächlich aus einer Notwendigkeit eine Tugend macht. Das Problem Dazu kommt, dass es in der 3rd-Person-Perspektive die eher skizzenhaften und einfachen Animationen verwendet, die in der First-Person-Perspektive für die Körperwahrnehmung verwendet werden, und das Rigg ist auch ein bisschen wackelig - es hat eine leicht eingefallene Brust, wie der Hippie von Scooby Doo, und die Schultern sind zu breit, obwohl es einen anderen Mod gibt, der das behebt. Grundsätzlich besteht das Problem darin, dass gute Animationen für die 3rd-Person erstellt werden müssen und das Modell so aussehen muss, wie das Modell in der Charaktererstellung und in der Fotokabine aussieht aussortiert sind, wird es Gold wert sein - oder wie gesagt, CDPR macht es vielleicht selbst. Sie haben PR gemacht, weil sie in die erste Person gegangen sind, aber alle denken, das liegt daran, dass sie Zeit und Ressourcen gedrängt haben, was damit zusammenhängt, dass sie das Spiel neu ausrichten mussten von einem richtigen Rollenspiel in ein Action-Adventure g Ame mit Keanu Reeves. Sie haben die Mischung mit TW3 gut gemacht, also gibt es sowieso keinen Grund, warum sie es mit diesem Spiel nicht hätten machen können.)

What does the world of Skyrim have to do with the world of Cyberpunk?

Very very little and that's why you can't replace one with the other!!

This is the main flaw in your post.

As a gamer operating in a medieval world, I don't want to switch to a hyper-modern industrial age - just because sex scenes might be smoother and error-free.

If anything, cyberpunk could be compared to the Fallout universe.

Only what was presented as "Cyberpunk" was ultimately a mutilated version of -> "Shadowrun"
only the cyber part was kept with the hacks etc - but the really interesting part with magic, elves, dwarves etc was left out...

.. so why should a mod author who has implemented "real" flying in Skyrim - deal with cyberpunk??
If it were "shadowrun" ... he could realize "flying" in this world because it actually belongs to it

my wife has "cyberpunk" - played it quite intensely...
..I, on the other hand, don't really warm to it.
Something that might interest me for fetish reasons...
..the ballet boot prostheses are not in the standard game

1 hour ago, belegost said:

If there's an Internet drama behind it, spare me the details, I'm not interested, just give me a brief.

He's made some very controversial decisions re: the Unofficial Patch, opposes any attempt to rollback unwanted "fixes", reacts very badly to anything he perceives as criticism, and tries to get people banned, (or issues DMCA takedown notices), if they do something he doesn't like.

It got to the point where he got himself banned from the Reddit /r/skyrimmods sub for starting too many flamewars, and where there's a group on Nexus already planning the Starfield Community Patch under a Copyleft licence purely to stop anyone trying from using it as leverage against the community the way Arthmoor did the Unofficial Skyrim patches.

I can't really go into more detail without getting into that Internet Drama thing, but that should give you a feel for it all.