[Discontinued] Ultimate Nudity

I stopped playing Crusader Kings III and maintaining my mods. Everybody is free to use its code to develop their own mods.

Ultimate Nudity is a one-for-all mod, because as it offers any way to introduce nudity into the game, I know. I developed 8 different nudity doctrines. Also, I adapted the nudist traditions from Nudist Kings by Neo5niper and the nudity decisions from Nudity Toggle by bokomaroko. I asked them for permission, but only received an answer from Neo5niper, so I guess it’s okay.

Furthermore, I added a nudist trait.

Description

Ultimate Nudity introduces a new group of religious doctrines named View on Nudity. You’ll find it in the clergy section of your faith’s window. This group includes the doctrines:

• Vested Adherents (which serves to deactivate any other nudity doctrine)

• Vested Priesthood (which serves to deactivate any other nudity doctrine for priests)

• Nude Priests

• Nude Priestesses

• Nude Priesthood (which is the relocated special doctrine Naked Priests)

• Nude Men

• Nude Women

• Nude Adherents

The nudity doctrines are incompatible with the natural primitivism tenet. And you can’t choose the nude priests’ doctrine or the nude men’s doctrine as long as the culture of your head of faith follows the nudist females’ tradition and vice versa.

The adapted cultural traditions are:

• Nudist Males

• Nudist Females

• Nudist People

They are located in the societal cultural traditions.

The included nudity decisions are:

• General Nudity

• Male Nudity

• Female Nudity

• No Nudity

All these denominations are self explaining, I guess.

For all these kinds of nudity there is an age limit, because humans of a certain age (which is 60) easily get cold and need to wear clothings (Okay, you might as well say, they look a sight). I made some exceptions from this restriction. Of course for the player, its consorts and also for independent rulers and immortals.

And for marshals and knights, I cancelled nudity during times of war, because nothing looks more ridiculous, than a nude fighter during battle.

For all those, who dont share my special kind of humour, I made a version without these limits. Just download ultimate_nudity_#-#-#_unlimited.zip.

If you are looking for an unlimited and/or individual approach to nudity, you’ll find two friendly actions in the interaction menu.

First Nudism, by which you can acquire for any character the Nudist trait. Together with this trait, the character will gain some character modifiers, by which they will receive a bonus to attraction opinion and – depending on if they are a ruler and/or a priest – a bonus to monthly prestige and/piety gain.

Furthermore, you’ll find in the interaction menu for any character within diplomatic range the friendly actions Undress Character and Dress Character.

The different approaches to nudity don’t interfere with each other in that way, that deactivating one won’t switch off any others. So a priest of a faith with the nude priests’ doctrine, and belonging to a culture with the nudist males’ tradition, won’t enrobe himself after giving up the nude priests’ doctrine.

NOTE: In version 1.4.1 the Undress Character interaction and the Nudity decisions added the same character modifiers to the character as the Nudist trait. That has been changed with version 1.4.2, but the modifier will still be valid until the character is dressed again or the nudity decision is toggled off.

I also spiced up the descriptions and explanations, to increase the immersion.

This mod contains an English and a German localization. For all other standard languages, I added a localization using the English language.

Compatibility

The backbone of this mod is the should_be_naked_trigger in the zzz_ultimate_nudity_clothing_triggers_overwrites.txt, that overwrites the vanilla trigger in 00_clothing_triggers.txt. Therefore, every other mod, that overwrites the should_be_naked_trigger too, is incompatibly with this mod. The good news is, that the Community Flavor Pack doesn’t use this trigger and therefore doesn’t cause problems AFAIK.

Unfortunately, the Ethnicities and Portraits Expanded (EPE) mod includes this trigger. But as far as I can judge, my should_be_naked_trigger will overwrite it without problems, because its the same trigger as in vanilla and in a file also named 00_clothing_triggers.txt.

Furthermore, the should_be_naked_trigger of this mod contains every parameter, provided by the same trigger from the Carnalitas-framework. Because of its name, the zzz_ultimate_nudity_clothing_triggers_overwrites.txt overwrites its zzz_carn_00_clothing_triggers_overwrites.txt. Therefore, Ultimate Nudity mod is compatible with the Carnalitas-framework.

You can play any saved game with this mod and deactivate it anytime without getting problems, because my should_be_naked_trigger only refers to functions, included in this mod. Therefore, after deactivating this mod, none of its features should be missed.

Moreover, the relocation of the special doctrine Naked Priests shouldn’t cause any problems with existing save games. I didn’t change its name special_doctrine_naked_priests, just the localization files. So, if you already added it to your faith, it’s still valid, but moved from the special section to the clergy section.

This mod is only compatible with ironman, but not with achievements.

Edited by GeniusMind

@WolfPack51942 Without further information, I just can guess. Your player is married, therefore 16 years or older. If she is older than 50 AND has a liege, this might be the reason. As I stated in the description, there is an age limit of 50 years for nudity. One (of the few) exception, I made, is for independent rulers. I guess, the husband is landless and also over 50.

In this case, it's not a bug, it's a (unexpected and unwanted) feature. I'll change this. Define an exception for player characters should be easy; for spouses might become tricky.

Anyway, for the moment you've got two options to handle this problem:

• Either undress them by friendly interaction.
  • Or edit the "should_be_naked_trigger" in \common\scripted_triggers\xxx_clothing_triggers_overwrites.txt. Go to the sections, querying doctrine parameters "naked_all_active", "naked_male_active" and "naked_females_active" respectively querying the cultural traditions "tradition_nudist_all", "tradition_nudist_male" and "tradition_nudist_female". Change or remove the limit "age <= 50". You also can uncomment "#is_ruler = yes" by removing the #.

Firstly, there's a bug in interaction localizations (atleast in English).

Secondly, the clothing triggers for all naked, all males nude and all females nude doctrines/traditions are quite strict. They only include independent or immortal rulers or leaders of mercenary bands or holy orders whilst it let's you believe all men, women or both would be naked depending on the doctrine and/or tradition not only independent or immortal rulers or leaders of mercenary bands or holy orders. Also the commanding armies thing doesn't work almost ever as it is coded at the moment. And on top of that nudist people cultural traditon and nude adherents doctrine doesn't work independetly from each other.

Thridly, the nudist decisions are as strict as the clothing triggers in my second point. And you can take male and female decisions even if you have taken the all decision.

Edited by homermiil

idk if my above issue is a problem with this mod specifically or a problem with the update, so i'll try with other mods that got updated for the new version

edit: it seems to be an issue with this mod specifically, but i don't know why because the folders are just like all the others

Edited by Kamivax
21 hours ago, Kamivax said:

idk if my above issue is a problem with this mod specifically or a problem with the update, so i'll try with other mods that got updated for the new version

edit: it seems to be an issue with this mod specifically, but i don't know why because the folders are just like all the others

I have the same problem, so definitely something mod side and not game or player side

@homermiil You're right, there has been a (stupid) bug in the english localization. I corrected it a few minutes ago.

For the limits you mentioned, yes they are strict. But you can easily change or remove them. Just open the xxx_clothing_triggers_overwrites.txt in ...\common\scripted_triggers\ and ultimate_nudity_decision.txt in ...\common\decisions\ and remove every line with unwanted limitations.

For your convenience, I made a version without these limits. It's a complete version, you won't need the other versions, just download ultimate_nudity_#-#-#_unlimited.zip

8 hours ago, GeniusMind said:

@Kamivax @Asiatore I've to apologize. It has been my fault. When I edited the ultimate_nudity.mod file for updating to patch 1.7, I deleted by mistake the path definition to the folder. A few minutes ago, I uploaded a new version with a corrected ultimate_nudity.mod file.

I tried all the versions of the update you put out and the only one where it works now is the spouses version. The other two still have the problem with the descriptor file, maybe it didn't save the changes in the files correctly before you uploaded them.

@Asiatore I can't check this at the moment. I deleted the version 1.1.2 files a few minutes ago, because there has been a logical error in the should_be_naked_trigger. I'm about to publish version 1.1.3. And in this version I've checked the path definition trice. Any further problem won't be caused by it. I'm using a Linux OS and here this version is doing its job without problems. I'll check them with Windows OS later on this afternoon (right now it's lunchtime in Germany).

@Asiatore I did a quick check and everything seems to work as intended. But I'm using the steam version, maybe there is a difference, if you're using just the Paradox launcher. And there is still some mess with the descriptor.mod files. Anyway, while preparing the meal, I arrived at the decision to merge the base mod and consort patch. That will be much easier to maintain in the future. Then I'll correct the descriptor files too (at least I hope doing so).

If you still got problems, please let me know. It's a matter of principle to me, getting this mod working flawlessly!

Shame on me! The should_be_naked_trigger contained a logical error, caused by editing with 'cut + paste'. The 'naked all' trigger used the same parameters as the 'naked males' trigger. Therefore, selecting 'naked males' caused all to undress! Ha Ha! I've been spending hours searching for this error. It has been so obvious, I didn’t realize it. It has been such a stupid mistake, good reason for feeling ashamed.

Okay, I published the corrected version just a few minutes ago. For the fifth time, I'm stating that should work well now.

• 2 weeks later...

@poopyrooster @fingerprint2 There hasn’t been any problems with my should_be_naked_trigger. But until today, I didn’t think about any compatibility with the Carnalitas-framework. Therefore, the file containing my should_be_naked_trigger was named xxx_clothing_triggers_overwrites.txt, whereas Carnalitas used the file name zzz_carn_00_clothing_triggers_overwrites.txt. Because of this naming, the Carnalitas file overwrote mine independent of your loading order. In the new version 1.3.3 I renamed my file to zzz_ultimate_nudity_clothing_triggers_overwrites.txt, and now it's overwriting the Carnalitas file. Now, Ultimate Nudity mod is fully compatible with the Carnalitas-framework, independent of where you placed it in your loading order.

• 2 weeks later...

@1751177397 The should_be_naked_trigger in the 00_clothing_triggers.txt file undresses characters marked with the is_naked flag. This flag is set to characters while involved in sexual events.

Until version 1.3.0 I used this flag too for the undress interaction and the nudity decision. After I changed this, I added the Remove flag »is_naked« decision for removing the is_naked flag set by any older version of this mod. This decision is only shown, if any character within the game is marked with this flag. Therefore, this decision is shown from time to time, because the game is using this flag for all sexual events taking place somewhere in the world. If your character isn’t involved in this event, you can use this decision without any consequences for your game play. But if you don't do so, it also doesn’t matter.

• 1 month later...

I cannot get this mod, or any mod not download from steam to work.  They are all installed in the mod directory, and the launcher recognizes them and loads them fine, but nothing appears in the game or game rules related to any mod changes.  I have tried each mod individually in case there are conflicts, and no dice.  I do not understand what I am doing wrong.  Any help is appreciated.