Ark of Truth

[Guide/WIP] How to upload mods to this site's download section

10 minutes ago, PcNerd said:
It would be a "Flat chested sims" for the Sims 4
slider morphs + overlay
I'm not really a modder, but I've spend days on making it, so I would like to share.

By the way, at 10 posts I'm ranked as 'Member', but I'm still getting error 3D286/1
What am I missing?

Let's walk through this. I assume it's the same for Sims as Skyrim. Go to the "downloads" page and hit the green "Submit a File button." Once there, from the dropdown menu that appears when you go to Submit, choose Sims4.

Edit: then click on the triangle in front of Sims4 and, from another dropdown menu, choose the appropriate category, maybe "body parts."

14 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Let's walk through this...

As "DSHV" mentioned before me, the dropdown doesn't work, it opens,
but I can select anything.

(since this isn't really a body part) the "Submit a file" button leads me to

Where I get
"You are not allowed to upload files to this category. Error code: 3D286/1"

I've appreciate your help.

Just now, PcNerd said:
... it opens, but I can select anything.

I can't select anything.

Btw. is there no way to edit my posts?

7 minutes ago, PcNerd said:
As "DSHV" mentioned before me, the dropdown doesn't work, it opens,
but I can select anything.

(since this isn't really a body part) the "Submit a file" button leads me to

Where I get
"You are not allowed to upload files to this category. Error code: 3D286/1"

I've appreciate your help.

I've just been to Sims4 (of course I have a couple more posts than you do) and it works. As I suggested, click on the triangle IN FRONT OF Sims4 to get another dropdpwn menu. This one includes the sections of Sim4 Where you can load the file. I suggested "body parts" as a choice but you would know better than I would where it belongs.

7 minutes ago, PcNerd said:

I can't select anything.

Btw. is there no way to edit my posts?

Yes and I did on my post above. When you look at one of your old posts there should be 4 buttons in the bottom Left hand corner of the screen. To wit: "+", "Quote", "Edit" amd "Options". You click the "Edit" button to change that old post (Duh).

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I've just been to Sims4 (of course I have a couple more posts than you do) and it works. As I suggested, click on the triangle IN FRONT OF Sims4 to get another dropdpwn menu. This one includes the sections of Sim4 Where you can load the file. I suggested "body parts" as a choice but you would know better than I would where it belongs.

Yes and I did on my post above. When you look at one of your old posts there should be 4 buttons in the bottom Left hand corner of the screen. To wit: "+", "Quote", "Edit" amd "Options". You click the "Edit" button to change that old post (Duh).

Yep, I think I've got it right, it just doesn't do anything when I'm clicking on a "Sims 4" subcategory.

I've also missing the 'Edit' button.

10 minutes ago, PcNerd said:

P.s.

I've tested the dropdown in Opera and Firefox

Alright, in the vein of "a picture is worth a thousand words":

This is what I see when I hit the triangle in front of Sims4:

Spoiler

879466823_Screenshot(133)j.jpg.a3e1aceffe6e74d7e835fc4f0a803a68.jpg

When I click on "Body Parts" the dropdown disappears and I can hit "Continue" If you are trying "Wicked Whims" you must also hit the triangle out front to get a further dropdown menu.

On the other topic, here is a picture I've taken of my previous post. Please note the four buttons I mentioned:

Spoiler

1794600661_Screenshot(134)j.jpg.98ed77eb485d42320023b0366b78ca4a.jpg

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Alright, in the vein of "a picture is worth a thousand words":

Thanks for your reply!

Yep, I've got the same thing, but when I click on "Body Parts" (anywhere on that row) it doesn't do anything.

I have no edit button, and I cant change my avatar (image)

It's clear that I have limited functionality since I've just joined, i'm just not sure what should I do about it.

8 minutes ago, PcNerd said:

Thanks for your reply!

Yep, I've got the same thing, but when I click on "Body Parts" (anywhere on that row) it doesn't do anything.

I have no edit button, and I cant change my avatar (image)

It's clear that I have limited functionality since I've just joined, i'm just not sure what should I do about it.

Let me contact the moderators and see what they say. This may take a while.

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Let me contact the moderators and see what they say. This may take a while.

I've appreciate your help. Thank you!

Silly question, I set one of my mods to hidden, how do I view it or set it to visible again?

I'm unable to upload... Getting the same error as PCNerd above (3D286/1). Guessing it's my post amount? I understand that this is to prevent spam and is not only welcome but needed, however it would be nice if instead of a vague error code there were an actual message with an actual reason... Hell, keep giving the error code but also include what it means!

Assuming it is my post amount I guess I'll just reply with "Good job!" on a bunch of shit in increments of 5 until I can upload.

...And thus the spam filter has become the creator of the one thing it has vowed to destroy... 😛