[Guide/WIP] How to upload mods to this site's download section

10 minutes ago, PcNerd said:
It would be a "Flat chested sims" for the Sims 4
slider morphs + overlay
I'm not really a modder, but I've spend days on making it, so I would like to share.

By the way, at 10 posts I'm ranked as 'Member', but I'm still getting error 3D286/1
What am I missing?

Let's walk through this. I assume it's the same for Sims as Skyrim. Go to the "downloads" page and hit the green "Submit a File button." Once there, from the dropdown menu that appears when you go to Submit, choose Sims4.

Edit: then click on the triangle in front of Sims4 and, from another dropdown menu, choose the appropriate category, maybe "body parts."

14 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Let's walk through this...

As "DSHV" mentioned before me, the dropdown doesn't work, it opens,
but I can select anything.

(since this isn't really a body part) the "Submit a file" button leads me to

Where I get
"You are not allowed to upload files to this category. Error code: 3D286/1"

I've appreciate your help.
7 minutes ago, PcNerd said:
As "DSHV" mentioned before me, the dropdown doesn't work, it opens,
but I can select anything.

(since this isn't really a body part) the "Submit a file" button leads me to

Where I get
"You are not allowed to upload files to this category. Error code: 3D286/1"

I've appreciate your help.

I've just been to Sims4 (of course I have a couple more posts than you do) and it works. As I suggested, click on the triangle IN FRONT OF Sims4 to get another dropdpwn menu. This one includes the sections of Sim4 Where you can load the file. I suggested "body parts" as a choice but you would know better than I would where it belongs.

7 minutes ago, PcNerd said:

I can't select anything.

Btw. is there no way to edit my posts?

Yes and I did on my post above. When you look at one of your old posts there should be 4 buttons in the bottom Left hand corner of the screen. To wit: "+", "Quote", "Edit" amd "Options". You click the "Edit" button to change that old post (Duh).

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I've just been to Sims4 (of course I have a couple more posts than you do) and it works. As I suggested, click on the triangle IN FRONT OF Sims4 to get another dropdpwn menu. This one includes the sections of Sim4 Where you can load the file. I suggested "body parts" as a choice but you would know better than I would where it belongs.

Yes and I did on my post above. When you look at one of your old posts there should be 4 buttons in the bottom Left hand corner of the screen. To wit: "+", "Quote", "Edit" amd "Options". You click the "Edit" button to change that old post (Duh).

Yep, I think I've got it right, it just doesn't do anything when I'm clicking on a "Sims 4" subcategory.

I've also missing the 'Edit' button.

10 minutes ago, PcNerd said:

P.s.

I've tested the dropdown in Opera and Firefox

Alright, in the vein of "a picture is worth a thousand words":

This is what I see when I hit the triangle in front of Sims4:

Spoiler

879466823_Screenshot(133)j.jpg.a3e1aceffe6e74d7e835fc4f0a803a68.jpg

When I click on "Body Parts" the dropdown disappears and I can hit "Continue" If you are trying "Wicked Whims" you must also hit the triangle out front to get a further dropdown menu.

On the other topic, here is a picture I've taken of my previous post. Please note the four buttons I mentioned:

Spoiler

1794600661_Screenshot(134)j.jpg.98ed77eb485d42320023b0366b78ca4a.jpg

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Alright, in the vein of "a picture is worth a thousand words":

Thanks for your reply!

Yep, I've got the same thing, but when I click on "Body Parts" (anywhere on that row) it doesn't do anything.

I have no edit button, and I cant change my avatar (image)

It's clear that I have limited functionality since I've just joined, i'm just not sure what should I do about it.

8 minutes ago, PcNerd said:

Thanks for your reply!

Yep, I've got the same thing, but when I click on "Body Parts" (anywhere on that row) it doesn't do anything.

I have no edit button, and I cant change my avatar (image)

It's clear that I have limited functionality since I've just joined, i'm just not sure what should I do about it.

Let me contact the moderators and see what they say. This may take a while.

• 3 months later...

I'm unable to upload... Getting the same error as PCNerd above (3D286/1). Guessing it's my post amount? I understand that this is to prevent spam and is not only welcome but needed, however it would be nice if instead of a vague error code there were an actual message with an actual reason... Hell, keep giving the error code but also include what it means!

Assuming it is my post amount I guess I'll just reply with "Good job!" on a bunch of shit in increments of 5 until I can upload.

...And thus the spam filter has become the creator of the one thing it has vowed to destroy... ?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
24 minutes ago, Doug-E-Fresh said:

Is there a way to set the File/mod as private (here or steam), as to not be published publicly. I would like a backup of any mod I work on and find myself making changes to pre existing mods that I don't want to redo each time I download those mods.

No.  This site is for sharing mods.

What you are asking about is a storage site.  Try mega, google drive, one drive, drop box or any other free online storage site.  ?

• 5 months later...

I cannot upload the file to the "mod resources" section. My file does not get used to the size of 250MB (73MB), corresponds to the allowed format (zip rar), but I get an error 200. I have been trying since Saturday, the situation has not changed.

Is there any way to control the order of the screenshots? It appears that they're shown in alphabetical order, so must I rename them if I want a specific sequence?

And related to that, how do I remove images from the description? I added them there before deciding that the screenshots section worked better, but now when I delete them in the editor, they just re-appear after I save.

• 1 year later...
On 7/25/2013 at 3:13 PM, Ark of Truth said:

Due to the new site policy of enforcing the download section of LoversLab the site will be under going a major change. All mod downloads regardless of size are to now be placed in the downloads section.

This guide will teach users how to add mods to the download section as well as tell them how to make changes for future version releases.

What this guide assumes:

• That you know how to package mods into archive formats such as Rar, ZIp and 7z.
  • Assumes that you know how to select mods for upload.

1. First thing you will need to do is access the site's download manager, this can be done by going to the top right hand corner and selecting "Downloads"

post-18545-0-81221000-1374759458_thumb.jpg

2. You will now be greeted with the following screen. To upload a mod select the "Upload File" button.

post-18545-0-81193100-1374759549_thumb.jpg

3. Now it is important that you get this next bit correct as it will determine why your download is placed. For this example will be uploading a mod to the Skyrim section under regular mods. In order to do this open the "Select a Category" drop down list and select "Regular Mods" under the Skyrim heading. After selecting it press "Continue"

post-18545-0-46633900-1374759948_thumb.jpg

4.  You will now be asked to enter information about your mod as well as upload the mod itself. You will need to do this in "steps". I will now take you through each step.

post-18545-0-62720900-1374760787_thumb.jpg

Step 1 - Select your file(s)

This step will ask you to select the file or files you wish to upload. Simple click the "Click to Upload Files" button and then select the file or files you wish to upload. In this case we are going to upload the file "Download Manager Example - Ignore me!". You can upload multiple files by holding the ctrl key and selecting the files you wish to upload. Note you can queue 10 for upload and upload a unlimited amount to a page,

Supported File Types are:

000, 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 7z, 008, 009, aiff, bmp, css, doc, esm, esp, fomod, gif, gz, hqx, htm, html, ico, jpeg, jpg, mov, mp3, mpg, nif, omod, pdf, php, png, ppt, ps, ram, rar, rtf, swf, tar, tiff, txt, viv, wav, wmv, xml, zip

As well as upload files to the site you can link external site files to your download page. Do to this simple click the "Link to a file" button next to the "Click to Upload Files" button. Please note that when you link a file you can set what type of link it is. The current types are:

• Mirrors
  • Contributed Files
  • Required Software
  • Similar Files
  • Other Versions

A external file which is linked to the download page will be given a random alphanumeric string attached to it, currently these strings cannot be renamed so it is important to use the type list to correctly label the link.

Step 2 - Add Screenshots

This is the same step as uploading files but it is for uploading screenshots instead. When you upload a screenshot the first one upload will become the mods "Cover image". All other screenshots will be placed at the bottom of the download page.

Supported File Types are:

gif, jpeg, jpg, mpg, png

Step 3 - Add Screenshots

1. (Required) The first thing you need to do is add a name, my advice is to keep it clear and simple. If it is a Work In Process make sure to add a [WIP] tag at the front of the name.

2. (Optional) If you are planning on updating your mod in the future you might want to add a version. Simply just type mod version in the box.

3. (Optional) You can add up to 10 tags for a file. Tags are used to narrow down file searches when using the search function.

4. (Optional) You can use the change log to list changes with in your mod, this requires that you have entered a number in the "File Version" box.

5. (Required) This is the main body of your mod's download page. This will be visible when your mod's download page is opened by a user.

6. (Optional) This is for listing which mods are needed to make your mod work, right now it seems only capable of listing one mod.

5. When you have finished entering all this information simply place "Add Submission".

6. After selecting "Add Submission" your mod will be uploaded and you should get a page looking like the following.

post-18545-0-73672800-1374761389_thumb.jpg

7. After your mod has been uploaded a "Support Topic" will be automatically generated for you. You can access this topic by selecting the "Support Topic" button on the downloads page. Alternatively you can search for the topic using the search function as it shares the same name as your mod's download page.

post-18545-0-68269000-1374761543_thumb.jpg

Congratulations you have successfully just uploaded your mod to the Download Manager! :D

many thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi all! I have a question. Along with the added file, a topic appeared on the forum. So, when adding information to the main post, the link to the file itself broke. Of course, I corrected it a little so that it could at least be noticed, but is it possible to somehow return this link to its original form?

added: If this was corrected by one of the moderators. Thank you very much! Although in the post itself I did not find information that the post was edited by anyone.

If the link in the topic corrected itself when editing the description of the file itself. Then this can well be considered a solution for people having similar problems.

Edited by DXCinereus
  • 1 month later...

Pour télécharger des mods vers la section de téléchargement de ce site, accédez à la page de téléchargement désignée et suivez les instructions fournies. Par expérience personnelle, assurez-vous que les mods respectent les directives du site et sont correctement classés pour un accès facile. Utilisez Genesis Wave pour obtenir les commentaires de la communauté et l'assistance pour affiner vos téléchargements de mods pour une expérience utilisateur optimale.