Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

@madmart

I think it's related on chargen data. Seems Ningheim are using its own EGM. Maybe if you post the logfile, it enlighten if something wrong with it

I changed cells and it seemed to resolve the jittering, but now the physics are randomly shutting off... specifically related to SexLab so far. But I get the sense this is an overall unfortuante side effect at this stage of the mod(s).

It really looks great, while its working.  Skyrim-Default should've had hair physics from Day One (Bethesda).

Edit: Yeah, its definitely primarily allergic to SexLab. For me at least. Hair and breast physics turn off when SL starts.

Please don't hit me, but it's my first post on LL. I have had great success with the HDT breast physics - perfect and 5 stars all round! But I simply cannot get the hang of the ponytail.  The compressed download offers a collection of files and an ESP. Using NMM I popped it all into place and BOSSed it. Now, I do have Azar's hairs ESM, but despite the new ESP and files, my character retains her normal pre-defined Apachii hairstyle. So I tried ShowRaceMenu to find the relevant hairstyle, but I have not a clue which of the several ponytails I should use, though I would have hoped the ESP would have overridden my original character hair file. In the hair selection of ShowRaceMenu I did notice one hair with infinity stretch to the horizon (brings back memories of Obilvion and infinity boobs!) and I wondered if that was the hair I needed.  I must add I am using XP32's skeleton currently found on Nexus, so I may be lacking a newer version.  If someone could give me an idiot's guide to setting up the ponytail files I'd be most grateful. I can't really find a sensible list of 'how to do it' here on LL because the environment is so much more confusing and complex.  I have had a good hunt, and I would not post if I was not stuck!

I am pretty good with the usual tools like Wrye, NMM, etc. and have plenty of modding experience. But this beta stumps me.

In anticipation of any support, thanks!

Wow - i was just about to post this, more or less word for word!

Yeah i have the hair stretch to infinity thingy too.  I followed the instructions in the OP and when i install the 2mb dll i get CTDs on load.

Just install the hair pack XP32 posted with NMM and the HDT dll+xml (latest version) just as described at the first post. If you want to find out what hair it is use RaceMenu and CharGen-Core (latest versions) shows you what hair comes from what esp/esm.

Thanks for that - will give it a go. It may be the HDT version I have is now out of date although I picked them all up from there. CharGenCore I don't have, so I'll sweep that up.

hello

just adding my two cents, it *is* possible to have "somewhat" independent breast movement, but it's a stab in the dark kind of deal, tinkered with the 11-13 release a bit and managed to get a test of sorts running like in the image, one sways one bounces..

i can't provide specific documentation since all i do is trial and error (with a handful of CTDs sprinkled in between when i seriously fuck it up) but i can tell you that the core of my tests lie in changing the linear/angular damping values more than the springconstant themselves

i'll try and provide further info if/when i'm sure i've correctly guessed how some values translate ingame. Also, at least in my experience, the damping values have greater effect on smaller chest sizes and the spring values on bigger ones. obviously the armor's weight paiting plays a role in the tests so your mileage might vary

post-15728-0-10108400-1384388897.gif

nice job kumax2, check out the link i posted on page 61, someone has apparently figured it out lol

and ok, there is definate independence, you just proved that, so i guess each breast has to have their own values?  Still workin on an xml file, wish there were better tuts, but for me its trial and error :/

Also, can you describe exactly what you edited to do that, those of us with TONS of time would like to know so we can learn and speed this along.  Thanks!  :)

@madmart

I think it's related on chargen data. Seems Ningheim are using its own EGM. Maybe if you post the logfile, it enlighten if something wrong with it

Sorry but I really cannot find out why it shake.

is there any unsolvable constraint there?(lower angular limit >= higher angular limit, etc)

would you mind give me your max file?

i have the same problem as Eleglas, the boobs and butt vibrate at ridiculous speeds, the hair work fine, i don't use ENB and have Vsync enabled, i'm trying with latest version

though, with V9-28, it's the oposite, boobs and butt work (with some glitchs on changing cells) but the hair is always stretched to infinity

For the time being I am using the slightly older version 11-11, this seems to work but I would say there is too much jiggling in the breasts but the hair seems fine.

Could I recommend the implementation of some sort of reset button for the script? The hair sometimes still becomes static and cell changes do not always fix it. This would save me having to restart the game in such situations.

Same problem here, too. Physics seems to be working fine, it's just that the boobies and ass are doing their best Richter Scale impersonation. Also rolled back to 11-11.

Same problem here, too. Physics seems to be working fine, it's just that the boobies and ass are doing their best Richter Scale impersonation. Also rolled back to 11-11.

I don't have 11-11. is the link here somewhere?

I don't have 11-11. is the link here somewhere?

yeah if you use the search function, there's a link that someone put up, lemme find it

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=49757

if link doesn't work just go to this post

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19451-hdt-support-unof-cur-v9-28-minor-v11-13-see-minor-rls-links-for-info-xp32-new-physics-enabled-outfit/page-59?do=findComment&comment=568520

is there any unsolvable constraint there?(lower angular limit >= higher angular limit, etc)

2010Azarponytailhairline.7z

I save it for so even max 2010 can open it. It only tail part which the only noticeable. In my latest xml which used on ponytail that I've uploaded, most of the value for "inertiaAndMassInv" has been edited

Those issue seems come from restitution but I've set it to 0 and changing the value to various number doesn't help either. Well, I'm happy enough that it actually not looking that bad

attachicon.gif2010Azarponytailhairline.7z

I save it for so even max 2010 can open it. It only tail part which the only noticeable. In my latest xml which used on ponytail that I've uploaded, most of the value for "inertiaAndMassInv" has been edited

Those issue seems come from restitution but I've set it to 0 and changing the value to various number doesn't help either. Well, I'm happy enough that it actually not looking that bad

Updated.

If the shaking we met is the same thing, I think I fixed it.(because what I met happends on front hair)

what I met is because if the deltatime is too small, the physics world will not step so the position of bone became wrong, and it correct at the next frame(cicle).It's a bug after I fixed the damping problem.

With the latest 4 or 5 versions, I'm getting the "follower turns invisible / starts fluttering / body parts stretch to infinity" bug we experienced before the 9-28 release. The PC and non-following NPCs are unaffected. The problem usually occurs after a cell change, especially exterior to interior or vice-versa.

As far as I can tell, the most recent version that works with a follower (in this case Vilja) is the second of the two .dlls HydrogensaysHDT uploaded on 11-1. Everything with a later date, including today's, has the disappearing wobblies.

It also seems that the enhanced hair physics are causing problems: if I give Vilja an invisible helmet to wear, her hair turns invisible and she's bald as an egg. 9-28 is the latest release that doesn't make her hair disappear. I wonder if anyone else has run into similar glitches, and if there's a cure.

im still learning and on 9-28, finally figured out all i was doing wrong and the game is beautiful.  Amazing really.  Now I want to learn how to edit the xml before getting ctd every time because im so out of bounds.  Do we just edit the hdt.xml?  or just the defaultbbp.xml?  what strings exactly?  there are tons of parameters, i type find 0073 and it takes me to the bottom of the page.  I adjust a parameter for spring damping TO ANY VALUE and get ctd.

So if anyone can help id appreciate it.  I changed some values in hdt.xml nothing happened.  Change anything in defaultbbp and ctd.  Which I kinda understand why....i think lol.

Also is there some ui or tool to adjust jiggle bounce, sway?  I haven't heard or seen anything but may have missed it.  It would be cool to have something where you hit a plus sign to increase jiggle, negative sign to decrease.  Or maybe you can do that in this racemenu that i haven't installed yet I dont know.  Thanks.

edit: didnt see the support forum thread for this in the xml help doc, sorry.  Missed that somehow.

Please help me,

I'm trying to get the collision to work but unsure where I might be at fault as HDT works everywhere else apart from that Nif edit for the collision and idle to work...

I'm trying to get this to work with that idle that everyone's using but trying to use with this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37900/?

I've followed the Various tutorials  from Vioxsis, s666 and ledo4ek

I'm using ECE with the ygNord race so I can keep my PC separate from everything else, I might have an incompatible skeleton in the folder ygNord uses for meshes but I did use what I think are the correct ones from the UNPB redux files! This is the only thing I can thing of without help that maybe the cause but not tested. 

Any ideas?

Both the hair and breasts are still becoming static, worse it seems to be happening more often and quicker. I'd be in the game for about 2 minutes, then it suddenly goes. If I enter any menu (inventory, map, magic) they stop immediately. Cell swapping does nothing anymore, though fast travel does seem to fix momentarily, but I get put in the same situation.

I'd really like a command or something that I can use to reset it myself; this is starting to make me want to turn it off completely, change the hair and so on. Obviously I don't want to, because this is awesome, but it is bothering me too much.

with this 11-14 version everything works, but, caracters with big boobs, every 2 seconds, have that vibration thing but only once, and it's consistent, is really every 2 seconds.

other thing is with xp32 animation pack on walking, all caracters, have the right boob crushed,

than i tried with 360animationpack and that hapens only on exagerated movements,

and i tried again with vanila animations and everything works like a charm with the exception of that thing every 2 seconds on big boobs

Edit: that 2 second thing is my problem, i was seeing 2 pregnant NPCs, so this system is not completly compatible with pregnant framework

attachicon.gif2010Azarponytailhairline.7z

Updated.

If the shaking we met is the same thing, I think I fixed it.(because what I met happends on front hair)

what I met is because if the deltatime is too small, the physics world will not step so the position of bone became wrong, and it correct at the next frame(cicle).It's a bug after I fixed the damping problem.

Immediately notice one disturbing bug more than "shake" (more likely shake gone but this one overwrite the problem).

ALL COLLISION from rigid body are being ignored as result. It clip trough the body which kill immersion.

Stick with 11.13 for now. Also, I found another way to reduce the "shaky errors" ...the rigid body shape must be optimized or made it "boxy" 

Could someone go step by step on how to make this work with CBBE?

I downloaded the XP32 Skeleton and CBBE, then generated TBBP bodies using Bodyslide++ and then ran FNIS.

But still the plugin does nothing for me. Anyone have any advice?

Right I read and sort of fixed my problem with collision after I found out from xp32 that 11.14 doesn't work yet for that but, I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix these problems please? This idle crushes the UNPB body (hands fingers) from xp32 and other modders, I was wondering if that is fixable? The collision isn't perfect and was wondering how I could fix that if possible in the second picture

Odd hands/fingers

rWbTRP6l.jpg

Does collide now but it a little off 

ZcrLtoBl.jpg

Archived