Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

monsto has instructions for Joy of Perspective.

you could try it

or

just uninstall it

your choice.

Joy of Perspective

Enabling HDT Body Physics (thanks kharlynak and Vioxsis)

• Get and install The Joy of Perspective.
  • Install this skeleton.  (I downloaded the zip then manually added it to NMM and enabled it like normal).
  • Follow Vioxsis' directions for the body and all armor meshes (the first person versions) that you want to enable. That means 1 for the body and 1 for each outfit where you want the Joy of Perspective. (Yes, it's tedius).
On step 3, make sure you increment the NiNode's ExtraData count, and reference the ID of your StringExtraData in it. It should result in NiNode again being the only thing in the list, with StringExtraData under it (when you expand it).

Use the XML that comes with the latest HDT Body Physics. You can name it whatever you want, just make sure that it's named correctly in the path in your StringExtraData.

That's the skeleton & instructions I followed to get JOP to run in 9-28.

I never play 1st person, so its a useless mod for me. I get way to manny FPS in 1st P view, I have to cap to 58 frames or vsync goes crazy stutter. I turned off vsync in a test and no FPS cap I had like over 700 FPS in 1stP, you should hv seen skyrim full of artifacts lol that was funny, everything was flying bhahahahha

use the disablefacengencache, ShowRaceMenu preCacheKiller, maybe this will help you.

Functionally these are the same, DisableFaceGenCache writes an immediate return to native equivalent of the following functions:

http://www.creationkit.com/PrecacheCharGen_-_Game

http://www.creationkit.com/PrecacheCharGenClear_-_Game

These functions are for caching parts prior to opening the race menu to reduce lag when cycling through head parts (this is mainly a console thing). The game likely crashes because this cache has a hardcoded memory limit since consoles are crap in terms of memory. With this cache removed parts are forced to load on request, which if the files are large can cause momentary stuttering or lag (but who cares, momentary lag > crashing).

The preCacheKiller has the same function of disabling only one of these two functions, I never looked at what it actually does to achieve it but it's probably similar, writing a return as the first instruction of the function, or jumping over the whole function. The precache killer only removes the caching part, DisableFaceGenCache removes both, since it's redundant to attempt to clear a cache that has nothing in it in the first place. 

You only need one of the two, they both do the same thing so having them both is redundant and unnecessary. 

Man ! Your knowledge about these files and the functions in them is impressive ! 

Now I've got a question : if they do the same thing, which one is doing it better than the other ? I mean, for every function there are a few ways to code it right and so many to code it wrong/less right, so if you had to choose one of them for Skyrim, which one would it be ?

And : now that the memory limit is disabled, how could the character creation cause CTD ?

For the clipping issues with the hair you must include both the xml for the default body (in skse folder) and the one for hair. Insert NiStringsExtraData and set Num Strings to 2 and paste the path to the body and hair xmls to Data. Trying to merge xmls is not a good idea because if you upload it somewhere it may overwrite the one already in use or generate really big xml files.

Rig to NPC L\R Breast and NPC L\R Butt. If you need more movement than what that allows you will need to make another XML with rigid bodies for NPC L\R Breast (keyframe) to NPC L\R Breast01(debris) and then use the above to do steps above to add a 3rd xml. I don't know if you can omit the xml from the skse folder because if you use a body rigged for tbbp (to breasts and butt) it normally adds the physics anyway without you having to add the path to the default xml, so it might only require you to include the new stuff, but experiment with it and find out if it works or not.

I wouldn't mess with the xmls directly. Messing with the skin weights is the easiest way to influence how much movement there is. The ADEC, Tender, and CBBE seem to work best (mild-exaggerated jiggle) with a weight between .25-.35 depending on the number of bones being skinned to. Most of those are rigged between three bones so you would want to do .3 if your target is .25, .35 if your target is .3; the more bones you have will cost you around .05 weight per each additional bone, so its best to rig only between two bones if you can.

Avoid going over .5-.6 though because deforming verts will look very rigid. I have been trying to find different kinds of skeletons for breasts and all that to see what works. I'm still having some issues with mirroring with my scripts but hopefully I'll have something up later. I looked at some skeletons for Soul Calibur and was surprised with how well they work (other than my mirroring problem obviously). I'm hoping to get this combed out soon.

This is from a rip

sc4rig.jpg

This is what is based off the rip (not the same size/scale as the rip either).

unpktestrig.jpg

Can't find anything else usefull, but this seems promising so far.

http://www.gameanim.com/2009/06/06/soul-caliburs-breast-bones/

I never play 1st person, so its a useless mod for me. I get way to manny FPS in 1st P view, I have to cap to 58 frames or vsync goes crazy stutter. I turned off vsync in a test and no FPS cap I had like over 700 FPS in 1stP, you should hv seen skyrim full of artifacts lol that was funny, everything was flying bhahahahha

:o WOW ! :blink: 

Would you mind telling us what stuff you have in your PC and what you use/do to make Skyrim run so fast ? I'm really curious !  ^_^

:blink: WOW !  :blink: 

Would you mind telling me what stuff you have in your PC and what you use/do to make it run so fast ? I'm really curious !  :huh:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6034684

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4559969

Mother Board Specs ASUS P8Z68-V Pro - 1155 Socket - Z68 Chipset

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 4.80GHz x4 ~4801MHz

Memory Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1600 - PC3-12800 - CL9 Vengeance

Video Card # 1: AMD HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5

Video Card # 2: AMD HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5

Sound Card: N/A

Hard Drive # 1: intel SSD 520i 240G

Hard Drive # 2: Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ 3.5" internal hard drive - 1 TB

Connnection Fibre Power Broadband 120Mb DL / 10Mb UL

Main Operating System win7

Secondary OS N/A

System case N/A

Monitor #1: Acer S243HLAbmii 24" Full HD LED Monitor

Monitor #2: N/A

Power Supply: Corsair 1200W Pro Series AX1200

Let me finish my skyrim install and ill turn off vsync and fps cap, ill take a screenie for you to see.

monsto has instructions for Joy of Perspective.

you could try it

or

just uninstall it

your choice.

Joy of Perspective

Enabling HDT Body Physics (thanks kharlynak and Vioxsis)

•  
  • Get and install The Joy of Perspective.
  • Install this skeleton.  (I downloaded the zip then manually added it to NMM and enabled it like normal).
  • Follow Vioxsis' directions for the body and all armor meshes (the first person versions) that you want to enable. That means 1 for the body and 1 for each outfit where you want the Joy of Perspective. (Yes, it's tedius).
On step 3, make sure you increment the NiNode's ExtraData count, and reference the ID of your StringExtraData in it. It should result in NiNode again being the only thing in the list, with StringExtraData under it (when you expand it).

Use the XML that comes with the latest HDT Body Physics. You can name it whatever you want, just make sure that it's named correctly in the path in your StringExtraData.

That's the skeleton & instructions I followed to get JOP to run in 9-28.

Is the problem general there or only with the UNPB Preg mesh. I tested the 1st TJOP skeleton with the CBBE Bodyslide Preg one just recently, and it doesn't throw any problems. I will take a look at the mesh, if there are any incompabilities.

Skeleton should be fine everything needed is there.

Thanks ! Now I'm jealous !   <_<

Is it important to have 16 GB of RAM for Skyrim ? I mean, how much RAM can Skyrim use, and is the number of mods running together important ?

3.0GB on x86, 3.1GB on x64 (max is 4.0 but more than 3.1 and it CTDs)

Thanks ! Now I'm jealous !  <_<

Is it important to have 16 GB of RAM for Skyrim ? I mean, how much RAM can Skyrim use, and is the number of mods running together important ?

16G only important to keep your sys stable if x64

skyrim even with LAA crashes after 3.1G sys Ram usage

its a x86 32bit app nothing else to do about it.

"Skyrim should have better ram index mapping" (if this makes any sense)

about number of plugins dont go over 256 ^^ this is the max number defined

not 700 fps but i got it at 290 fps, dunno why it wouldnt go more ohhh I remember now its @ default clocks ^^ let me push it up to see how much i can get from it

post-58836-0-81640200-1383424184_thumb.png

#Edit: ok dunno but cant get it to go higher than 360 FPS...

post-58836-0-97607900-1383424903_thumb.png

maybe I had ENBoost at that time cant remember anyway 360 FPS is unplayable...

I'm getting this mesh jittering/flickering even after removing the plugin. Is it something else that's causing it? 

EDIT: looks like the body mesh flickering, happens with/without ENB and fullscreen/vsync, is it a problem with mesh, skeleton, animation issue? I don't think it's because of textures. Maybe an AMD (sigh) driver problem

probably yes, imo ECE or CME is to much trouble for what I need and I dont use it. try remove them just to test in a new game with alternate start.

use the disablefacengencache, ShowRaceMenu preCacheKiller, maybe this will help you.

Plugins are up to date.

Could it be ECE? CharacterMakingExtender_plugin.dll? I don't think so because male characters load fine and the DLL is loaded at that point. It's just when I change gender to female on a new character I CTD.

Could it be the weight painted belly that I use for Estrus Chaurus?

Is there an updated XML that goes with v11.02?

yes there is a new xmland a new DLL

what mesh? b3lisarios UNPB BBP Pregnant Body (beta)

Negative I also use it.

I only see your problem in cache or in ECE/CME

But that's not the entire XML, just a segment that needs to be updated in the 11.01 version. Correct?

And HydrogensaysHDT update is here I assume. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1GGgvB#dir/path=%2FhdtPhysicsExtensions

There's just a scattering of parts.

Also, adding disablefacegencache.dll didn't help.

Onto looking into the possible skeleton issue.

I use ECE/CME and never got crash.

Accroding to your log, the CTD happened in TESV.exe itself, at least not directly cause by any dll plugin.

Im not using ENBoost... and not using hialgo boost...

I use SMAA Injector sweetFX 1.4 CeeJay.dk Injected thru RadeonPro into Skyrim. I usually play with SSAA supersampling 4x @ 1920x1080 always! it doesnt drop to 800x600 lol

so no tricks here lowering video settings thru DLL

but to really show your Rig can you link me your 3dmark test?

heres mine with 2 cards

heres with 1 card

I don't have it and don't need it, you like compare cards and configs, i've seen posts with you  ;)

But interested in your technique injector ,pm me  how you do it.

but if u whant you can compare tests  somewhere .

ci5-3450

GA-Z68P-DS3

GV-R795WF3-3GD

x4 KVR1333D3N9/4G

more than enough to work and play all games on ultra 42LG.

"try save and load your save again, to see if the xml reading updates."

when for some reason something breaks physics in my game, I save and reload save, and physics are back again.

Thanks, sorry if the question was already answered.

*edit*

Saving and restarting didn't work.

*edit2*

Nevermind. Restarting the game works.

Thanks ! Now I'm jealous !  <_<

16G only important to keep your sys stable if x64

skyrim even with LAA crashes after 3.1G sys Ram usage

its a x86 32bit app nothing else to do about it.

"Skyrim should have better ram index mapping" (if this makes any sense)

about number of plugins dont go over 256 ^^ this is the max number defined

not 700 fps but i got it at 290 fps, dunno why it wouldnt go more ohhh I remember now its @ default clocks ^^ let me push it up to see how much i can get from it

#Edit: ok dunno but cant get it to go higher than 360 FPS...

maybe I had ENBoost at that time cant remember anyway 360 FPS is unplayable...

:o OMG  :blink: 

So many fps ! I only saw that when I was playing Warcraft II on my brand new toshiba laptop, 3 years ago !

Thanks for all the informations about Skyrim functionalities ! 

Archived