Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

v10-23.

hdtPhysicsExtensions.dump in hdtPhysicsExtensions.7z

hdtPhysicsExtensions
[10/28/13 00:12:45]INFO: Queue OK
[10/28/13 00:12:45]INFO: System run with 8 threads
[10/28/13 00:12:45]INFO: Havok simulated world created.
[10/28/13 00:12:45]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[10/28/13 00:13:06]INFO: Suspending ... Mist Menu
[10/28/13 00:13:25]INFO: Resuming... Fader Menu
[10/28/13 00:13:25]INFO: Suspending ... Loading Menu
[10/28/13 00:13:34]ERROR: Fatal error occured
[10/28/13 00:13:34]ERROR: Code : 0xc0000005
[10/28/13 00:13:34]ERROR: Flag : 0x00000000
[10/28/13 00:13:34]ERROR: Module : _
[10/28/13 00:13:34]ERROR: Address : 0x0046ecf5
[10/28/13 00:13:34]ERROR: Module Address : 0x0046e000
[10/28/13 00:13:34]ERROR: ExceptionContent saved in hdtPhysicsExtensions.dump
[10/28/13 00:13:34]ERROR: Plugin is trying to save game

hdtPhysicsExtensions.7z

Hi

i am using v9-28 for a while now and it worked fine and gave me good results with the "WaitBusyRenderer=true"-fix

I have read here that i might not need this fix anymore with the new minor release, so i checked it out (WaitBusyRenderer=true reduces my fps by 5-10)

it does not work... it jitters without "WaitBusyRenderer=true" in my enb settings

and i have found another problem with the new version. it seems that only the front part of my characters breasts are being animated instead of the whole breasts (seems like only RBreast01/LBreast01 are animated instead of RBreast/LBreast)

i have made videos of it, so you can see for yourself (they are in the attached archive)

one is with v9-28 and one is with v10-25

i have changed nothing else, just deleted the old "hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll" and "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" and pasted the new ones.

as you can see, with v9-28 the breasts are fully animated, when jumping or turning

with v10-25 only the front half of the breasts seem to be moving

is that a bug? working as intended? am i the only one with that issue?

what is the attachment?

a rar-archive. U can use winrar to open it...

i can pack it as a zip if you want to... i just cannot upload videos, cuz it tells me i have no permission to do so

there you go: attachicon.gifHDT_before_after.zip

Yeah man I know what a rar file is.

What I meant was what's IN it.

two videos, as ive wrote (mp4 format... vlc seems to play it, wmp seems to play it too)

the video named "HDT-9-28.mp4" is showing how my animations look like with v9-28

the one named "HDT-10-25.mp4" is after i installed v10-25

the difference is that while with v9-28 the whole breasts are animated, with v10-25 only the front half of the breasts seem to be moving

edit: ive uploaded it to dailymotion, if you have problems viewing it:

v9-28: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16j14i_hdt-9-28_videogames

v10-25: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16j16w_hdt-10-25_videogames

but quality sucks... i recomend you to download it from my previous post

and i have found another problem with the new version. it seems that only the front part of my characters breasts are being animated instead of the whole breasts (seems like only RBreast01/LBreast01 are animated instead of RBreast/LBreast)

i have made videos of it, so you can see for yourself (they are in the attached archive)

Yeah man I know what a rar file is.

What I meant was what's IN it.

I fail to understand how you don't know the content after reading his post.

Hi all, a question: 

Do i still need this to be installed in order to use the dlls from OP? 

That has never been a requirement.

I see, so how can i use mods which require that system as far as they depend on it's .esm and the game just don't load without it?

I see, so how can i use mods which require that system as far as they depend on it's .esm and the game just don't load without it?

...This mod is to extend skyrims physics engine, by default it makes boobs and arses bounce. but can be applied to anything else if you have the modding ability.

It has nothing to do with high heels.

...This mod is to extend skyrims physics engine, by default it makes boobs and arses bounce. but can be applied to anything else if you have the modding ability.

It has nothing to do with high heels.

Oh damn, now i understand, thanks for answering my stupid questions :D

the difference is that while with v9-28 the whole breasts are animated, with v10-25 only the front half of the breasts seem to be moving

Probably just a setting in the xml. Might want to compare the two for objectRadius or Radius and adjust them accordingly.

i never changed anything inside those files, but i also already tried that... i put the old xml file, instead of the new one, but it didnt help

but i played around with the objectradius/radius values but it had no effect :x

or i just dont know what to look out for

i never changed anything inside those files, but i also already tried that... i put the old xml file, instead of the new one, but it didnt help

but i played around with the objectradius/radius values but it had no effect :x

or i just dont know what to look out for

edit: i also played around with my other files... renaming skeleton_female.hkx somewhat helped...without it it looked fairly ok, but my tbbp animations didnt work anymore, of cause

putting skeleton_female.hkx back in and removing my animations made my pcs breasts look right but the animations still look messed up... the front half of the breasts move way too much, while the rear half barely move at all.

it might have something to do with

Default body physics have been re-enabled. Breast bounce has been changed a bit. It's not as floaty or incessantly boingy like previous releases.

some incomatibility or maybe its something completely different :x i dont know much about scripting is skyrim

I'd be very interested to know whether some of the values in the .xml are carefully calculated or simply derived, e.g. the very first minForce.

" -340282001837565600000000000000000000000.000000"

I mean, really? How, why, and "huh?" Perhaps, some fine day, HydrogensaysHDT will provide a rundown of the variables: what they mean, what they do & the useful range, etc. etc. Until then I can only wonder...and keep on experimenting.

@ monsto: I'd also be interested to see your .xml edits (sounds like an obscene proposition, don't it? In a way, I suppose it is ;) ) and find out what skeleton_female.hkx you're using. None of the ones I've tried so far has produced anything like the difference I see in your 2nd sample video.

And yeah, that teen dancer is pretty cute...

10-25: Jittering is fixed, thx. Not much time for PC atm, but after a quick check it seems stretching is also gone (or at least much less)

I never used Fnis so far but took the survey anyway. What does the new hkx actually fix?

I also compress the dlls, so they are around 2mb instead of 10. Works without a hitch

attachicon.gif10-25--hdtPhysicsExtensions.zip

Edit: Stretching is not gone  :(

Thanks. The compressed dll works great. I actually had an area where the game would ctd without fail with hdt 10-25 active. Removing it would allow me to continue. But by using your dll, dont know if it was cause of the dll or dumb luck, somehow it worked with hdt active...

Can you please tell me how you compressed it, if you dont mind?

10-25: Jittering is fixed, thx. Not much time for PC atm, but after a quick check it seems stretching is also gone (or at least much less)

I never used Fnis so far but took the survey anyway. What does the new hkx actually fix?

I also compress the dlls, so they are around 2mb instead of 10. Works without a hitch

attachicon.gif10-25--hdtPhysicsExtensions.zip

Edit: Stretching is not gone  :(

Thanks. The compressed dll works great. I actually had an area where the game would ctd without fail with hdt 10-25 active. Removing it would allow me to continue. But by using your dll, dont know if it was cause of the dll or dumb luck, somehow it worked with hdt active...

Can you please tell me how you compressed it, if you dont mind?

there are lots of program to do it, one of them is CFF explorer

Hm, I think I may be closer to solving my issue some posts back...

The constant CTD was solved after I removed one female armor set in particular called "renaissance_heroes" (India Dwarven Lady, altered with CB++) which was equipped on a mannequin inside the house. The plugin seems to have forced the game to crash when it loads that item (with versions above v09-28 and with no plugin). After deactivating the .esp that enables that armor, I could finally use the HDT Plugin upgrades inside the Woodland Home as well as no plug-in at all. So now I have concluded it's not an NPC issue, nor an indoor workbench issue, but a mannequin issue between my saves.

Now, my question is... how does the HDT plugin treat mannequins? If somehow a latent script bundled itself with the mannequin and that armor in particular, it could cause crashes in other places that use mannequins that have BBP-enabled armor equipped to them. Just a thought, but I figured I post this in case there's development in that area.

If anyone else encounters similar issues, please post so we know whether or not this is a common issue.

The constant CTD was solved after I removed one female armor set in particular called "renaissance_heroes" (India Dwarven Lady, altered with CB++) which was equipped on a mannequin inside the house. The plugin seems to have force the game to crash when it loads that item (with versions above v09-28 and with no plugin). After deactivating the .esp that enables that armor, I could finally use the HDT Plugin upgrades inside the Woodland Home as well as no plug-in at all.

Now, my question is... how does the HDT plugin treat mannequins? If somehow a latent script bundled itself with the mannequin and that armor in particular, it could cause crashes in other places that use mannequins that have BBP-enabled armor equipped to them. Just a thought, but I figured I post this in case there's development in that area.

If anyone else encounters similar issues, please post so we know whether or not this is a common issue.

Makes sense, the mannequins are treated as a race by the game but if the mod isn't excluding them then they'll need to have the appropriate skeleton or you'll get all the same problems as having the wrong skeleton on your race. This may cause mannequins to have jiggly breasts and butts though :).

The constant CTD was solved after I removed one female armor set in particular called "renaissance_heroes" (India Dwarven Lady, altered with CB++) which was equipped on a mannequin inside the house. The plugin seems to have force the game to crash when it loads that item (with versions above v09-28 and with no plugin). After deactivating the .esp that enables that armor, I could finally use the HDT Plugin upgrades inside the Woodland Home as well as no plug-in at all.

Makes sense, the mannequins are treated as a race by the game but if the mod isn't excluding them then they'll need to have the appropriate skeleton or you'll get all the same problems as having the wrong skeleton on your race. This may cause mannequins to have jiggly breasts and butts though :).

That would be interesting to see.

Okay, now I can confirm it was the mannequin causing the CTD with this plugin (also without it, in my case). Apparently, something between HDT Physics v07-22 and v09-28 latched onto the mannequins in my save file, so every time the game loaded those assets, since the "NPC Breast" and "NPC Butt" nodes didn't exist (the mannequins use "skeleton.nif" by default and the skeleton package I have only had those nodes for "skeleton_female.nif"), the game would crash because the armor put on that particular mannequin could attach to both male or female genders and uses BBP animations.

And because I didn't see much sense in changing the skeleton into a female one (or just adding butt and breast bones), I decided to use a female-adding .esp to the skeletons using the Female Mannequins mod. That seemed to do the trick so I'm happy I found a solution (I even edited the .esp to take hands and feet meshes into consideration since there will be a seam issue for custom bodies).

And yes, I can confirm that the mannequins can jiggle--they just don't move, so after some slight bouncing, they will eventually freeze back into place. Unless the mannequins can move/change pose on their own, then they won't be jiggling as often as you'd think...

Okay, now I can confirm it was the mannequin causing the CTD with this plugin (also without it, in my case). Apparently, something between HDT Physics v07-22 and v09-28 latched onto the mannequins in my save file, so every time the game loaded those assets, since the "NPC Breast" and "NPC Butt" nodes didn't exist (the mannequins use "skeleton.nif" by default and the skeleton package I have only had those nodes for "skeleton_female.nif"), the game would crash because the armor put on that particular mannequin could attach to both male or female genders and uses BBP animations.

And because I didn't see much sense in changing the skeleton into a female one (or just adding butt and breast bones), I decided to use a female-adding .esp to the skeletons using the Female Mannequins mod. That seemed to do the trick so I'm happy I found a solution (I even edited the .esp to take hands and feet meshes into consideration since there will be a seam issue for custom bodies).

And yes, I can confirm that the mannequins can jiggle--they just don't move, so after some slight bouncing, they will eventually freeze back into place. Unless the mannequins can move/change pose on their own, then they won't be jiggling as often as you'd think...

What you want is Portable OnDemand Disposable Unlimited Mannequins SPODUM http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10578/?

Then what I did was replace the custom anim for "pounding floor" with our massive walk forward animation. A room full of mannequins? In my favorite outfits? In full jiggle mode? It was more than satisfactory.

It was a pain in the ass changing the anim tho because in the menus of the mod he calls it "pounding floor" but the file is called something else and I can't remember. I'll dig around and find it OR i'll pkg up my mod dir for you.  [[edit] it's either mt_boyritual or special_ritualskull1]

unfortunately, the mod uses canned faces/bodies that I've not figured out how to modify because I can't figure out the names (and then just overwrite them with a diff esp)

If you're going to have more than a couple mannequins, tho, i would definitely recommend that you contain them inside somewhere. 

ok i just spend some time testing different suff...

in the end i put an unmodified xpms skeleton, made a new body with bodyslide without customizations and removed my idle animation completely (i put an empty mt_idle.hkx so there is no animation at all)

problem still persists... front part of breasts is moving waaay too much, rear part bearly moves at all

in the end i put an unmodified xpms skeleton, made a new body with bodyslide without customizations and removed my idle animation completely (i put an empty mt_idle.hkx so there is no animation at all)

problem still persists... front part of breasts is moving waaay too much, rear part bearly moves at all

a week or 2 ago, jacques00 posted that he was having a problem when he entered a player home created by a mod. He made a few changes, in/uninstalled a couple things and thought he had it figured out that it was an armorers table that was part of the house mod that had been modded a bit for the house.

He posted today that he removed an armor mod, that he wasn't using, that was equipped on a mannequin. After further review (that's a chuckle for you NFL fans) he confirmed that it was the culprit . . .

. . . an item completely unrelated to HDT and unrelated to the one thing that appeared to be the problem.

This mod is unlike any other mod I've seen in any game. It basically puts the game engine up on blocks, adds a complex feature that the game was never intended to have, and then tries to let everyone go on their merry way. It has succeeded in every case, except a few that are caused by mods that do something "nonstandard". 

Here's some advice:

Untl you take every other mod out of the way, either by uninstall or fresh reinstall, you can't be sure of anything. 

It's a pain in the ass and time consuming, but nuking the site from orbit is the only way to be sure. There's been a number of people in this thread that have tried very hard to keep their install intact and in the process wind up taking WAAYY longer than if they'd have just nuked from the beginning.

Go thru the pain in the ass of starting from from scratch. You don't have to destroy your current install, just make a 2ndary side install. Rename /skyrim and reinstall it from scratch. Install Mod Organizer (linked in my sig), install the very basics body mods, make sure it works, and then build up from there.

. . . an item completely unrelated to HDT and unrelated to the one thing that appeared to be the problem.

Actually, I can't confirm if it's completely unrelated, since if I didn't fix that issue by swapping out the mesh+skeleton, I would have still CTD without the plugin (if it was strictly a skeleton/mesh issue, I would have never been able to successfully equipped the armor to the mannequin because it should crash all the time, with or without the plugin). The game would refuse to function properly unless it was using HDT Physics v07-22 or v09-28--any upgraded version or none at all would produce a crash on load. So something was triggering the crash from that save file (at best, an animation or a little jump from the physics--at worst a rogue piece of code)--I still suspect something had gone rogue and attached itself to the mannequin since I never had this issue before implementing the later variants of the plugin.

Editing that armor's .esp to path in both male (using Dwarmer as the male replacer) and female variants would have fixed the issue (so the armor wouldn't be the same mesh for both genders), but when I tested the "sexchange" on the mannequin with that armor on, and without the proper plugin, the game still CTD. So I'm thinking something is up with that mannequin ever since I went HDT Physics with it.

So while I found a convenient workaround by enabling female variants of mannequins, I still haven't found the exact source of the issue. HDT Physics will be innocent until proven guilty, but I still find it suspect. I hope this clarifies my results.

This issue may be a mesh issue and probably has nothing to do with HDT Physics. The body physics so far only controls the "NPC L Breast", "NPC R Breast", "NPC L Butt", and "NPC R Butt" skeleton nodes of the female skeleton. The only thing that is alterable would be the bounciness and overall movement, not which part of the breast/butt that is being moved. Between versions, the plugin's limits have been altered to the modder's preferences, so you will get different results using different versions of the plugin in terms of animation movement.

I assume your mesh was weight painted differently or something if only the tip moves. However, if you are using TBBP animations on a TBBP compatible mesh while simultaneously running HDT with "skeleton_female.hkx" active, you may get jiggling weirdness if the animations don't sync properly--this may be your case. Also, the skeleton you are using may have an effect as some skeletons, even different variants of XPMS, have different breast node placements. One way to check your mesh is to use ShowRaceMenu and if you have a mod like Race Menu or ECE, try enlarging the breasts. If only the front of the breasts are enlarging, then it has to be a mesh issue and you'll need to rebuild your body or get a body whose breasts are to your liking.

Hope this helps even though I think the explanation might be a little all over the place.

having strange problem. help please! as i approach Steamcrag Camp, there's 2 Khajiit that should spawn lying dead around that camp. 1 in a pool of blood next to crashed wagon, and 1 close to giant. w/ the HDTExtension in my SKSE folder, they don't spawn...well they kinda do. they come down from the sky and u can tell the game is trying to spawn them, but they are just completely spazzing out. i don't mean just stretching. they're basically a mass of squiggly lines and liquified. and 95% of the time they just disappear. took me ages before i figured out what the ball of spaz was lol. could it be because of the cat tail?

anyone else see this or can check that area? i imagine if they already spawned in your game u won't see this

edit: this happens w/ 7-22, 9.28 and the dll and xml at here...

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1GGgvB#dir/path=%2FhdtPhysicsExtensions

edit2: oh and i read this...

"HDT is a high order (system wise), high demand mod that does things typically reserved for low order (not driver level, but pretty low) software. It basically puts the game engine up on blocks, adds a complex feature that the game was never intended to have,"

sounds like it's has a hard impact on performance. would it hit harder the more naked followers i have with me? usually only have 1-2 but added some follower mods. so more of an impact w/ say 6 followers than 2? thanks!

strange but when i try to use the dll plugin along side with the skeleton female,,,the skeleton file is getting completly ignored! i see no diference and no animations from the skeleton file

speaking about  version 9.28

I jsut noticed that i actually see some interaction... the right boob is crushed and or flying in the air!!

Archived