Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

It seem that the current boob physics seem to freeze creatures completely, maybe the bug occur when this is applied to creature just like female, but the skeleton for creatures do not have any boobs bone.

The latest one does seem to have made the game more stable compared to previous versions. even skse folder txt file seem to be really small now compared to 100 mb it used to generate before crashing my game.

How to get the test clothes working:

1) Install this

2) Put .nif and .xml from the test clothes archive in your "Data\meshes\clothes\NPRChinaDress\"

3) Open that chinaDressB_0.nif with nifscope, find the "NiStringExtraData" record, select it, and look for the incorrect path to the .xml("D:\games\Skyrim\Data\meshes\clothes\NPRChinaDress\hdtNPRChinaDress.xml")

4) Click the small "txt" right before that incorrect path record, in a small window that appeared change the path to your .xml in the input field at the bottom. I haven't tried the relative path, might be also working. Might be not.

5) Save the .nif

6) Copy the edited .nif, rename copy to chinaDressB_1.nif

7) Activate the mod's .esp

8) Mod's scripts will auto add that dress to the inventory at the game start.

7) Have fun(optional).

is this 7-21 version different from ver 3 which release at 7-16 ?

Yes--it is definitely different and seems a lot more stable, though I haven't tried to overdo it with the testing. However, even though it seems to be working properly, I can 't seem to see any of the cloth physics for that particular dress (I had to google around to find a Skyrim variant of that exact dress and just replaced the models with the test files provided--discrepancies in the alignment of the seams though, as I noticed the wrists and ankles had obvious mesh breaks). The weights of the cloth mesh seem to be on the proper bones, but the bones themselves didn't move (probably a skeleton issue on my end since I didn't do any replacing of the skeleton, though the .nif file had those particular bones for the cloth mesh).

Anyway, as far as breast/butt physics, they seem to work and the mod itself seems to not crash the game as much as that unofficial third release. One major downside is that all creatures (or at least horses), will be stuck in their bind poses and will not show any kind of bodily animation though they are still able to move (slide) around and turn (rotate) in the environment.

---

Edit:

1) Install this

2) Put .nif and .xml from the test clothes archive in your "Data\meshes\clothes\NPRChinaDress\"

3) Open that chinaDressB_0.nif with nifscope, find the "NiStringExtraData" record, select it, and look for the incorrect path to the .xml("D:\games\Skyrim\Data\meshes\clothes\NPRChinaDress\hdtNPRChinaDress.xml")

4) Click the small "txt" right before that incorrect path record, in a small window that appeared change the path to your .xml in the input field at the bottom. I haven't tried the relative path, might be also working. Might be not.

5) Save the .nif

7) Have fun(optional).

Oh, okay--I remember editing the texture portion (because they kept referencing Astrid's body) and didn't notice the drive letter was incorrect on that "NiStringExtraData" node. I changed it to the correct install path and the physics worked. I also tried it as a relative address and that didn't work, so you have to have the full path in there. Thanks for pointing that out!

After the fix, the physics did work, but they gave very undesirable results--good news though: there was no CTD on load, moving from room to room to world, and quick traveling, so it's stable on those accounts (at least for me). The creatures are still stuck in bind pose though (could that have been a debug flag that someone forgot to turn off?) and the cloth didn't really react like it should. It moved around a bit, but seemed very plastic and tended to freeze position in certain situations (like it'd get stuck in it's collision boundaries--collisions are always a pain when it comes to dynamic animations), and when you get on and off horses, the cloth tend to stick in a certain pose, rarely moving. Getting on and off a few times on the horses tends to change the pose until it get to a position where it can move again.

Well, hope these observations helped!

Did anyone notice that when treading water the breasts seem to bob around as if floating? How to fix this because very distracting... I drowned twice  :lol:  Seriously, you guys should go swimming. It may help if your PC has a pretty decent set of floaters too. Guaranteed to be bug free!

Just incase it comes up:

People using "Better Vampire Lord Transformation by Loshirai14"  with a VL skeleton that has boob bones.... or a similar mod for that matter...

You will want to save after transforming, then load the game, for your boobs to work correctly.  The dll doesn't seem to handle transformations very well.

Haven't tried this with the newest version but worked really well with what I think was version 2.  

You'll probably have the same issue if you are using, something similar like "Body transform" (another skse mod over on 3dm).

However werewolves don't seem to share the problem, Im guessing do to lack of a boob rigged skelly/mesh.

Note: A quick save/load doesn't usually cut it, a full on save/load for transforming is ideal, but I'd suggesting keeping a separate save for when you are transformed as to when not, incase of the floater bug (permanent water-walking), etc.

1) Install this

5) Save the .nif

7) Have fun(optional).

one of my kids is on my steam account ATM and I can't test it, but this appears to work. I'm going to put it in the OP. Thanks.

Getting very little bounce here, practically none when doing a dance, and about the same as regular TBBP animations when walking.  Tried using no skeleton, BBP skeleton, and TBBP skeleton.  Very little difference.  No crashes but I haven't tested extensively, just walking around a house.

@HyperMix,

try the chinese dress with a dance mod, thats soooo awesome.

Just tried it. I might be missing something because it doesn't seem to flutter at all. However when walking the breast bounces one at a time. Goes up and down in sync with her step. XD

I do not notice any butt bouncing.

Getting very little bounce here, practically none when doing a dance, and about the same as regular TBBP animations when walking.  Tried using no skeleton, BBP skeleton, and TBBP skeleton.  Very little difference.  No crashes but I haven't tested extensively, just walking around a house.

I am using XPMS skeleton, might help.

Try jumping or sidestep-stop.

What can happen is that once you start moving the bounce oscillation can be out of sync with the stepping and never get a rhythm going.

You might also change the speed of the game. the speed of the oscillation is not game dependent. console > sgtm n

SetGameTimeModifier = speed multiplier. 1 = normal, .5 = half speed.

I noticed something else. . . 

I do most of my viewing using Review Studio, in studio4, which is a solid black room. Since it's completely devoid of anything, I get some 140fps or something. My normal FPS is ~30.

When changing to the blue room, studio3, I only get ~15fps because of the way the 2 rooms are designed. It's like studio3 doesn't have any occlusion going on and you can see the entire void... therefore framerate suffers.

BUT. . . and this is the point of the post:

With the slower framerate, came slower bouncing. anyone else see that?

If you're running an ENB, check this out... setup your walk or whatever, then press Home. For me, that key makes the framerate go to shit and the movement slows down too.

Anyone?

Just incase it comes up:

People using "Better Vampire Lord Transformation by Loshirai14"  with a VL skeleton that has boob bones.... or a similar mod for that matter...

You will want to save after transforming, then load the game, for your boobs to work correctly.  The dll doesn't seem to handle transformations very well.

Haven't tried this with the newest version but worked really well with what I think was version 2.  

You'll probably have the same issue if you are using, something similar like "Body transform" (another skse mod over on 3dm).

However werewolves don't seem to share the problem, Im guessing do to lack of a boob rigged skelly/mesh.

Note: A quick save/load doesn't usually cut it, a full on save/load for transforming is ideal, but I'd suggesting keeping a separate save for when you are transformed as to when not, incase of the floater bug (permanent water-walking), etc.

Nah it's not the transformation itself that does the problem it's the switching of the skeleton (any skeleton switch from the orignal) I have always the problem with the switch from human to vampire when using mslVT. The werewolf transformation is a skeleton switch and a switch back so we are back to the original skeleton and that's because it doesn't have that problem, VL transformation forth and back shouldn't lead to a problem in the original skeleton but didn't had the time to test that (just my theory).

I noticed something else. . . 

I do most of my viewing using Review Studio, in studio4, which is a solid black room. Since it's completely devoid of anything, I get some 140fps or something. My normal FPS is ~30.

When changing to the blue room, studio3, I only get ~15fps because of the way the 2 rooms are designed. It's like studio3 doesn't have any occlusion going on and you can see the entire void... therefore framerate suffers.

BUT. . . and this is the point of the post:

With the slower framerate, came slower bouncing. anyone else see that?

If you're running an ENB, check this out... setup your walk or whatever, then press Home. For me, that key makes the framerate go to shit and the movement slows down too.

Anyone?

Most game engines and developers recalculate there stuff per frame, deltaT is mostly used, that is the time between one frame, when you use the deltaT and make a simple jiggle animation through bones you get the slow effect when the deltaT gets bigger, and havok is not really different from other enginges.

It's a really early version, the slowing stuff is fixable, it's just more complexer code needed but for a WIP is contraproductive.

Going back to ver 2, this is getting annoying.

This what? I can't tell what's going on there.

Look at the dead bodies, when you kill them and they have studded or hide armor, plus the legs clip when males wear armor.

Edit: Loaded a save before the last picture, now see with ver 2 how its suppose to look.

post-87562-0-19403600-1374457334_thumb.jpg

Archived