The Ancient Profession (LE port) 2023-11-14

53 minutes ago, mrkill3r said:

First of all loving this mod!

Ā 

However having a bit of trouble with the ā€tastingā€ quest for Benjen. Whenever I start the quest both of the naked girls teleport to the basement but the lose their heads and become like statues. Thereā€™s no way to interact with either of them. However the guests seem to play the sex animations but with them just standing there beheaded.

Ā 

I tried to walk out of the brothel wich made the girls return to their normal selfs, however that causes me to fail the quest as Iā€™ve ā€left the party earlyā€.

Ā 

Oh yeah, tried this with and without the hair patch and same issue.

I didn't see this issue here, but in a completely different mod. So open the console, click on NPC and type disable and then enable. It fixed in my case.

11 hours ago, killer905 said:

I didn't see this issue here, but in a completely different mod. So open the console, click on NPC and type disable and then enable. It fixed in my case.

Interesting, what mod was that?

Ā 

I also found another workaround where you go downstairs and save the game. Then load another save, where your not in the same room as the girls, then finally load back into the save you did downstairs and it also worked.

2 hours ago, mrkill3r said:

Interesting, what mod was that?

Ā 

I also found another workaround where you go downstairs and save the game. Then load another save, where your not in the same room as the girls, then finally load back into the save you did downstairs and it also worked.

These were my first steps in moding Skyrim so it was a long time ago and I don't remember.

41 minutes ago, tarl7 said:

Just checking in the install file there is a folder called source with script files in that folder. Should the "Source" folder not go into the Scripts Folder when you install?

The SE version is the same and the "Source" folder is not required for the correct operation of the mod, but only for modifying the scripts contained in the mod.

3 hours ago, tarl7 said:

Just checking in the install file there is a folder called source with script files in that folder. Should the "Source" folder not go into the Scripts Folder when you install?

Ā 

For Skyrim SE, that's where script source is normally kept. I don't know why they changed it from LE, but they did. As @killer905Ā said, it shouldn't have any effect on function.

Edited by ruddycray
32 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

mikael in the bannered mare does not like any one bed.

after 1 or 2 customers in whiterun dibella garden all customers want some time to come into mood again

Ā 

you should have taken radiant prostitution and built your quests around it. you would have saved a lot of work and get top standards.

Ā 

Considering that I made this in large part because mods like RP were not to my taste, I'd have to disagree.

Ā 

But RP is still there if you like it.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ?????? 1627 said:

Perhaps someone has already asked .
When I start the game , I get this error message :Ā 
Can't find suppressable tags File

Ā 

how do I solve?

Ā 

The required file should be installed with the mod. Often this message means you don't have a requirement like PapyrusUtil installed correctly.

Ā 

If you are using LE, you must download PapyrusUtil separately, because the one included with SexLab doesn't have some important things that this mod needs.

Edited by ruddycray
Removed SE info because this is the LE thread

I already have it .Ā I will try the re-installation

Ā 

Spoiler

Immagine.jpg.ce2b12c27ce678391670396069566c18.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Another question:Ā 
I have completed the quest of Vanikseth , how do I absorb souls ??
It didn't give me anything , in the spell list there is nothing .Ā Ā 

Ā 

l' ESP , talk about spell and scroll , butĀ with Additemmenu, there is nothingĀ 

Ā 

In the menu player\magic\active effects, I found thisĀ , I found this .Ā Is this ??? Automatic use ??

Ā 

Spoiler

ScreenShot111.jpg.1e0ae81d4b1f04ef85efcefba35bc9e0.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT :

I reinstalled Papyrus, problem solved

Edited by ?????? 1627
On 10/6/2022 at 9:45 AM, ?????? 1627 said:

I already have it .Ā I will try the re-installation

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Immagine.jpg.ce2b12c27ce678391670396069566c18.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Another question:Ā 
I have completed the quest of Vanikseth , how do I absorb souls ??
It didn't give me anything , in the spell list there is nothing .Ā Ā 

Ā 

l' ESP , talk about spell and scroll , butĀ with Additemmenu, there is nothingĀ 

Ā 

In the menu player\magic\active effects, I found thisĀ , I found this .Ā Is this ??? Automatic use ??

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot111.jpg.1e0ae81d4b1f04ef85efcefba35bc9e0.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT :

I reinstalled Papyrus, problem solved

Ā 

You don't automatically get the spell to absorb souls after completing the quests. You have to ask for it, and you can only get it in the inn with an easy speech check.

Ā 

I'm glad to hear that reinstalling the PapyrusUtils solved your problem.

Edited by ruddycray
9 hours ago, ruddycray said:

You don't automatically get the spell to absorb souls after completing the quests. You have to ask for it, and you can only get it in the inn with an easy speech check.

Having completed the mission, I no longer thought about the InnĀ  . Thank'sĀ 

• 4 months later...

Ā 

VersionĀ 0.13

Ā 

Full details check on SE page here:
https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11556-the-ancient-profession-2023-03-05/

Ā 

Note:

All new quests work fine except "The DefilerĀ ", but you just need to talk to Hamal to complete it.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/137074-the-ancient-profession-2023-03-05/?do=findComment&comment=4018715

Edited by killer905
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, shiagwen said:

Are you still thinking about a brothel in Markath?Ā  Please dont foirget

attached a redlight version of whiterun brothel. maybe you like that style and overhaul all brothel to look in that way. it makes them really what they are.

The Ancient Profession.esp 3.51 MBĀ Ā·Ā 1 download

Ā 

Yes, my plan is still to put a brothel outside at least all of the major cities. Markarth won't make it for the next release, though.

Ā 

I'll probably adjust the lighting in the brothels at least a little at some point, but you're also of course welcome to make your own mods like someone did with the TAP Interiors mod.

11 hours ago, shiagwen said:

Unffortunately your mod is incompatible with Devious Lore and Devious Interest and maybe more . It causes CTD on Quickload. i dont know why, after getting the ctd i disabled mod for mod until i found the black sheep. i didnt liked that it was yours, i just get friendly with your brothels. so now i am in trouble to decide weather to take tap or the DD mods out.

Ā 

I just tried installing those two and then doing a quicksave and quickload, and the game didn't crash for me in a basic test.

Ā 

I don't use Devious anything usually, and I don't play on LE, so I can't guarantee that there's nothing there, but it's possible something else is going on.

• 5 months later...

I found an issue with the "a night of Theatre quest" specifically with V2 and V3 of the Argonian Bard play. in V2, only three lines show up, and none of them are the final line so it's unfinishable. (no screenshots, sorry. Didn't think it through.) in V3, the first line, "it is a thing of beauty..." doesn't show up. Also after the performance, Chews-the-scenery's head vanishes when he's backstage. I have screen shots of the V3 issues if you want to see them. As far as I can tell, this issue doesn't exist in the SE version, or at least I couldn't find mention of it in the thread.

40 minutes ago, metanight78 said:

I found an issue with the "a night of Theatre quest" specifically with V2 and V3 of the Argonian Bard play. in V2, only three lines show up, and none of them are the final line so it's unfinishable. (no screenshots, sorry. Didn't think it through.) in V3, the first line, "it is a thing of beauty..." doesn't show up. Also after the performance, Chews-the-scenery's head vanishes when he's backstage. I have screen shots of the V3 issues if you want to see them. As far as I can tell, this issue doesn't exist in the SE version, or at least I couldn't find mention of it in the thread.

A screenshot or even better a video would help better. The fact that there is no report about it in the SE version does not mean that it is not there either (it may have been broken during the last update). Here, unfortunately, you have to count on help from @ruddycrayĀ and that's why I recommend writing in the SE thread.

17 minutes ago, killer905 said:

A screenshot or even better a video would help better. The fact that there is no report about it in the SE version does not mean that it is not there either (it may have been broken during the last update). Here, unfortunately, you have to count on help from @ruddycrayĀ and that's why I recommend writing in the SE thread.

Ok. I'll make my post over there then, and mention I'm playing on the LE version.

Ā 

44 minutes ago, metanight78 said:

I tried it again to get screenshots, and it worked perfectly. I have no idea what caused it. If I had to guess, maybe it was due to a quest I had going? but I don't know. If it happens again, I'll make more detailed notes before I report something. I'm Sorry for wasting your time.

np.

it's good that it works properly now.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, metanight78 said:

When I finished Janilla's quest line she didn't join the temple in Markarth, and stayed in the temple in Solitude. What did I do wrong?

I think she's staying at Solitude for now. Even after completing her quest to join Markarth.

But you should rather ask @ruddycrayĀ if this is how it should be.

• 1 month later...