The Ancient Profession (LE port) 2023-11-14

The Ancient Profession (LE port) 2023-11-14

View File

IMPORTANT!
This is a port from the SE version of The Ancient Profession and any problems with the mod you should first be checked in this topic dedicated to the SE version (It is quite possible that your problem also occurs in the SE version):
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/137074-the-ancient-profession-2022-07-08/

The description and all the information on how to start playing with this mod is at this link:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11556-the-ancient-profession-2022-07-08/

If you experience 'T-pose and headless NPCs' install:
"TAP - T-pose and headless FIX" from Downlaod section.

Hard Requirements (install them or it won't work)

KSHair for The Ancient Profession (LE port)

Credits:

For @ruddycray SE verion and permission for LE port

The Dibella's Garden sign is based on resources from Jokerine's Misc Resources, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/801

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/17/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, PapyrusUtil, Fuz Ro D'oh, Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

22 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Sounds interesting. Reading the initial mod description... i searched a bit but fcouldn't find (CBBE & bodyslide) versions for the recommended outfits. If somebody knows if these exist and could link them... that would be nice imho :)

I use CBBE myself, so all of the linked outfits for the SE version are CBBE compatible. I don't know for sure if there are versions of those for LE. You should also be able to use any outfits you want if you follow the instructions in the second post of the SE support thread, although I haven't tested it in LE myself.

5 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

I use CBBE myself, so all of the linked outfits for the SE version are CBBE compatible. I don't know for sure if there are versions of those for LE. You should also be able to use any outfits you want if you follow the instructions in the second post of the SE support thread, although I haven't tested it in LE myself.

Finding them for LE AND CBBE is my issue^^ Maybe my google fu is just weak, i could find some version of the original clothes but usually they were UNP or something then... especially those i liked :(

3 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Finding them for LE AND CBBE is my issue^^ Maybe my google fu is just weak, i could find some version of the original clothes but usually they were UNP or something then... especially those i liked :(

I understand. I also don't think SE CBBE and LE CBBE are really the same, either. Unfortunately, I don't ever play LE anymore, so I probably can't offer much help except to tell you that the mod isn't restricted to those outfits I linked to. They are just already set up in the outfits.json file. Maybe someone else has some good recommendations.

On 7/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, killer905 said:

What error message? And at what point? After starting the game, in the main menu or after loading the game save?

When loading the game I get a windows message "skyrim has stopped working windows is looking for a solution" message

10 minutes ago, tarl7 said:

When loading the game I get a windows message "skyrim has stopped working windows is looking for a solution" message

that isn't an issue with this mod, that's an issue with your skyrim in general. try Steam's repair utility

fair enough. then we'll need more information. Did you sort your load order properly, preferably using Loot? Do you have the correct versions of all the dependencies? Did you run any utilities (like SUM patches, FNIS, etc) before starting the game? Do you have papyrus logs? Did you accidentally install the SE version on an LE game or vice versa?

6 hours ago, tarl7 said:

3 hours ago, tarl7 said:

well I never get that message unless I try activating this particular mod. which seems odd. So I dont believe it would be my install.

Honestly? I've never had anything like this. The only thing that comes to mind is, as @jfraser mentioned, installing the LE version on Skyrim SE or vice versa.

8 hours ago, tarl7 said:

Did not install a se version onto le definetly checked that.  But I will play around with the load order. And I did check for dependencies but will have to check if I have the right versions.

Are you check last version 0.12? This not contain a BSA file.

I was doing a little quick testing, and it looks to me like the version of PapyrusUtil included with SexLab and on the Nexus for LE is not enough. The standalone LE version of PapyrusUtil available on LoversLab has newer things in it that The Ancient Profession requires.

I've seen two problems that were corrected just by installing the LE version of PapyrusUtil from here:

• When you start a new game, it says it can't find the suppressable tags file
  • When you try to switch suppression lists in the MCM, nothing happens until you switch pages and switch back

There could also be other bugs that this would fix.

41 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

I was doing a little quick testing, and it looks to me like the version of PapyrusUtil included with SexLab and on the Nexus for LE is not enough. The standalone LE version of PapyrusUtil available on LoversLab has newer things in it that The Ancient Profession requires.

I've seen two problems that were corrected just by installing the LE version of PapyrusUtil from here:

• When you start a new game, it says it can't find the suppressable tags file
  • When you try to switch suppression lists in the MCM, nothing happens until you switch pages and switch back

There could also be other bugs that this would fix.

Umm, if I see correctly it's the Nexus version and the version from your post is the same 3.3 Also readme also say 3.3 in your link and me so it's very strange. <think>

45 minutes ago, killer905 said:

Umm, if I see correctly it's the Nexus version and the version from your post is the same 3.3 Also readme also say 3.3 in your link and me so it's very strange. <think>

It's possible the nexus one is fine. I didn't check it explicitly, but I did check the version in the latest full SexLab download, and it looks to me like it's missing the JsonExists function in the JsonUtil script. That's why the error about reading the suppression list happens.

I do know for sure that installing the latest PapyrusUtil from this site fixed that problem.

Edit: I just checked the Nexus one, and it will also work, but I think that it is necessary to install it separately, unlike the SE version. So this line from the mod description is not accurate for the LE port:

This is installed with SexLab, and it's fine to use that version, but this mod directly uses it now.

It would appear that it isn't fine to use that version.

Edited by ruddycray
1 hour ago, killer905 said:

@ruddycray I admit I've read your posts and the overall idea is to change the link from nexus to the one from loverslab and change the description for papyrus to "Required to work properly"?

I think you can leave the nexus link, but I still haven't tested that. I only looked at it. I do know for sure the one on LoversLab works.

But, yes, it does need to say it's required to install the standalone version of PapyrusUtil for LE.

• 2 weeks later...

v0.11 will crash LE because it contains BSA intended to be used for SE (and for instance, Vortex recognizes that and shows a warning after which the game expectedly crashed). I guess it's worth simply removing that version from the downloads list. The v0.12, however, doesn't have this problem.

1 hour ago, Operand said:

v0.11 will crash LE because it contains BSA intended to be used for SE (and for instance, Vortex recognizes that and shows a warning after which the game expectedly crashed). I guess it's worth simply removing that version from the downloads list. The v0.12, however, doesn't have this problem.

Huh? I used and checked version 0.11 with BSA and there was no problem. <strange> It doesn't really matter because I gave up packing to BSA file from version 0.12.

First of all loving this mod!

However having a bit of trouble with the ”tasting” quest for Benjen. Whenever I start the quest both of the naked girls teleport to the basement but the lose their heads and become like statues. There’s no way to interact with either of them. However the guests seem to play the sex animations but with them just standing there beheaded.

I tried to walk out of the brothel wich made the girls return to their normal selfs, however that causes me to fail the quest as I’ve ”left the party early”.

Oh yeah, tried this with and without the hair patch and same issue.

Edited by mrkill3r