23 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Following for sure, hope someone adopts.

EDIT: How do you trigger the Arvel the Swift scene-thing? I see it on the list of quests, but I killed Arvel as I always do, and... nothing.

You need to encounter him without follower or with follower awareness disabled. If you have follower - nothing happens.

14 hours ago, notwavman said:

You need to encounter him without follower or with follower awareness disabled. If you have follower - nothing happens.

Hmm... Is this true of many of the DV scenes? If someone decides to take this mod on for updates etc., I'd suggest changing that to allow a follower to be present. For those of us playing with Devious Followers/Submissive Lola etc., this presents a bit of an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 8:14 AM, notwavman said:

It auto-equips as plug when found and unequips when you activate the shrine. If you picked up the Beacon before adding Deviously Vanilla into you game - it will stay vanilla until new game.

i always make a new save when i install a new mod i pick up the beacon nothing happens nothing shows up on player or in the inventory theres no devices equipped when i pick it up for some reason it doesnt trigger when picking up the beacon

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

For Climb The Steps, where can the key be found? I've searched all around the chest at the top, and the surrounding mountainside, but I cannot find the key for the life of me.

As I recall, searching the mountain is a waste of time.  I believe Klimmek has it.  When you confront him about it, he offers the choice of "serving" him (the right word would be "servicing") or he'll throw away the key.  If he does, it lands on the edge of a small island in the river.

The old discussion disappeared when the mod did, but I had suggested reworking this whole part.  It makes Klimmek into a real a-hole, which doesn't fit his character.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 5:38 AM, kaiteyc said:

+1 and cookies if someone could do a conversion. I heard about this mod way back but it was gone, and before my time :/

Deviously Vanilla - 0.2.9 - SE.zip

I did a basic conversion here, this file currently works as far as I can tell for SE. I did have some problems with the game saying my save was corrupted at first, but I just re-launched and it was fine. Use at your own risk.

• 2 months later...

I have a problem with the Arvel guy.

After rescuing him, an assult scene occurs but after that the questline won't go back to vanilla.

I mean, after getting raped by him he keeps yelling "Gemme outa here" thingy and the quests don't go further.

tested version:SSE(SKSE 1.5.97) + original deviously vanilla mod(0.29, not the SE converted ones) + solutions + confabulation

1 hour ago, Nana.Y_JP said:

After rescuing him, an assult scene occurs but after that the questline won't go back to vanilla.

I mean, after getting raped by him he keeps yelling "Gemme outa here" thingy and the quests don't go further.

tested version:SSE(SKSE 1.5.97) + original deviously vanilla mod(0.29, not the SE converted ones) + solutions + confabulation

I always just murder him ASAP.

13 hours ago, Nana.Y_JP said:

This is why I stop using this mod. The content is good but it is very incompatible. The mod does not attemp to check the devices on the PC before apply device so it will destroy every device on the slot currently equipped, including quest/unescapable device.

58 minutes ago, hungvipbcsok said:

This is why I stop using this mod. The content is good but it is very incompatible. The mod does not attemp to check the devices on the PC before apply device so it will destroy every device on the slot currently equipped, including quest/unescapable device.

Seems like a pretty simple solution - just unequip any DD items first.

69BA4D0A-83B6-46F5-ADAE-8133AFD09247.thumb.png.04fdd3d389b6c1127cce6f419e50ebf5.png

22 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

I always just murder him ASAP.

I would kill him if I could, actually he has no collision detection.

I will try disable enable commands later.

Anyways, at least this mod is not much stable as the resent well tested and updated mods...maybe

23 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

Seems like a pretty simple solution - just unequip any DD items first.

69BA4D0A-83B6-46F5-ADAE-8133AFD09247.thumb.png.04fdd3d389b6c1127cce6f419e50ebf5.png

no it is not simple like that. As I mention some item are quest/inescapable device. To remove them I need to do a long ass quest, or run to the smith. You enter bleakfall barrow, kill the big spider, and got DCL trap when loot its corpse. Great, now run back to town to remove those device before interact with Arvel.

And this is only work if you know exactly where you will got device from DV. 

Most others DD mods currently follow the same DCL check for device before apply any of their mod device, and many others mod use their device in one zone that we know which mod it belong. DV however does not follow those check, and it change many many quest that lack of document to know when you need to walk there without any device on the body.

• 6 months later...