[WIP] BodyMorph

Expired6978

alright I began to futz with this. Maybe I'm thick or something, but the sliders don't show.

I put the data dir from the zip in my data dir (using mod organizer) and the unp body loads. the skin texture that I have is a bit wonky, probably cuz of different unp derivatives. game loads, showracemenu works fine, but there's no extra sliders.

Did I miss osmething?

Also I've been up for 24h so that right there is probaby what I missed.

You probably forgot to enable that new RaceMenuBodyMorphs.esp.

Expired6978 i haven't tried your UNP, but i made a .tri for CB++, and slided a _0 and _1 bodies with appropriate sliders. I was able to see the new sliders in RaceMenu, but not even a one of them did nothing.

Did you add the extra data to the TriShapes of the body? This is what tells the mesh that it has available morphs and where to get them from. The TRI file itself outlines which trishape and what data to use.

I remember trying this for the CBBE/CB++ body morphs, creating the .tri file and copied the data nodes into the body_0 and body_1 .nif files, but the sliders did not change from the UNP slidersets, so none of the changes to the sliders affected the model... So I assume there's a disconnect between slider information and the .tri list?

(If any of this makes any sense!)

Did you add the extra data to the TriShapes of the body? This is what tells the mesh that it has available morphs and where to get them from. The TRI file itself outlines which trishape and what data to use.

I remember trying this for the CBBE/CB++ body morphs, creating the .tri file and copied the data nodes into the body_0 and body_1 .nif files, but the sliders did not change from the UNP slidersets, so none of the changes to the sliders affected the model... So I assume there's a disconnect between slider information and the .tri list?

(If any of this makes any sense!)

The slider data is applied in realtime if your current body has the NiStringExtraData on both _0 and _1 bodies on all of the target morphing NiTriShape's (Note: Not on the NiTriShapeData, the TriShape). When you move the slider the internal value is set as long as most recent NiOverride script is present, otherwise you will have errors about SetMorphValue not being bound or something like that.

Now, using SetMorphValue doesn't actually update the body visually, this is why UpdateWeight is called after the morph value is set. Due to the way weighted bodies work, when you update weight it will essentially re-equip and rebuild the armor, this is where the hook is hit and it'll go through your whole skeleton looking for NiExtraData of the NiStringExtraData type, if found it'll compare the name to 'TRI' then it'll read the actual data for the .tri path. It'll then search the cache first, if not cached it'll read it and then cache it. Finally it will go over the cached data and apply all morphs to all trishapes. 

If the body you're using does in-fact have the NiStringExtraData on both bodies and all trishapes and points to a valid tri file it SHOULD change in realtime when using the sliders. If it does not I recommend checking your Papyrus log to see if there are any errors related to "SetMorphValue" or "UpdateWeight". This also assumes you actually have the armor/body that has the data is equipped. (If you put them on the naked body, it's not going to work on any armor unless the armor also has it).

You probably forgot to enable that new RaceMenuBodyMorphs.esp.

Expired6978 i haven't tried your UNP, but i made a .tri for CB++, and slided a _0 and _1 bodies with appropriate sliders. I was able to see the new sliders in RaceMenu, but not even a one of them did nothing.

It's activated.

Call me a moron, but I suppose i need handholding. I've read thru this thread a couple of times now and can't quite seem to glean what exactly is needed as it seems to be kinda spread out amongst the conversation... which i get is part of the whole WIP frame of mind.

I installed th package, disabled the ADEC body mod, disabled enhanced char edit and have xp32 active. Do i need a unp body installed before this? Do I need to run the included app to 'build' something first?

I installed th package, disabled the ADEC body mod, disabled enhanced char edit and have xp32 active. Do i need a unp body installed before this? Do I need to run the included app to 'build' something first?

No, the package comes with a UNPB-TBBP body that has a working morph file and the associated extra data. You don't really need to disable anything, just install the whole thing and don't install any body replacers while it's installed. Then once you open the RaceMenu you'll be met with a variety of extra body sliders in the Body section. You will see these sliders regardless of whether it's actually working as a result of RaceMenuBodyMorphs.esp.

Whether the sliders do anything depends on whether you installed everything and didn't overwrite the included mesh with another mod. The included body is important because it contains information that points to the morph file, without this nothing happens. It needs to be applied to any armors that support it (which is currently only the included naked body). You can certainly make your existing body support it, but the TRI file I've included is for UNP variants only (usually bodies with exactly 6622 vertices).

It's important to realize that this will not work with every armor, only the armors that support it, so if you're expecting to see anything you need to strip naked before opening the RaceMenu. Since the only supported 'armor' is the included naked UNPB-TBBP body.

I would already have started converting a few armors to show by example but I haven't decided which type of body to use as a base as I have to have a _0 and _1 body to start with. I'm thinking of using the standard UNP base since there are morphs to scale up to UNPB and larger, problem with this is that if you were used to seeing UNPB on some NPCs they will all of a sudden get skinnier unless you use the script function to scale them back up to UNPB (which is possible).

No, the package comes with a UNPB-TBBP body that has a working morph file and the associated extra data. You don't really need to disable anything, just install the whole thing and don't install any body replacers while it's installed. Then once you open the RaceMenu you'll be met with a variety of extra body sliders in the Body section. You will see these sliders regardless of whether it's actually working as a result of RaceMenuBodyMorphs.esp.

Whether the sliders do anything depends on whether you installed everything and didn't overwrite the included mesh with another mod. The included body is important because it contains information that points to the morph file, without this nothing happens. It needs to be applied to any armors that support it (which is currently only the included naked body). You can certainly make your existing body support it, but the TRI file I've included is for UNP variants only (usually bodies with exactly 6622 vertices).

It's important to realize that this will not work with every armor, only the armors that support it, so if you're expecting to see anything you need to strip naked before opening the RaceMenu.

I realize it's limited in scope, that it'll only work pretty much as a naked char at this point.

As I was just activating it via Mod Organizer, I noted that it popped in 3 esps. Did you include Race Menu with it? What would happen if the original Race Menu was activated ahead of this? I would have assumed that this would override that. . .

As I was just activating it via Mod Organizer, I noted that it popped in 3 esps. Did you include Race Menu with it? What would happen if the original Race Menu was activated ahead of this? I would have assumed that this would override that. . .

Yes I included RaceMenu with it, this should be activated after the original to override but it shouldn't really matter that much in this case, the included RaceMenu is not far off from the original (same as 2.0.0). You really only need the RaceMenuBodyMorphs plugin and it's associated scripts along with the included meshes and SKSE plugin if you already have RaceMenu.

So I've disabled everything . . . the only things running are Review Studio (solid colored rooms for background color) and BodyMorph. 4 esp's active: review studio, racemenu.esp, racemenubodymorph.esp, racemenuplugin.esp

I load the game via Mod Organizer, with SKSE, and land at the opening menu.

From there I console COC studio4 which goes to the black room (review studio). It loads superfast cuz there's nothing to load. when you COC directly from the menu, it gives you the default dovakiin character... horned iron helm, iron breastplate, etc.

I disrobe the guy . . . slowly, barry white in the background. Nice bottle of red, couple candles. . . no, wait.

I unequip the armor, open racemenu, no extra sliders. I change sex to female, CTD. If I leave the armor on, and change sex, i get the female dova in iron armor.

Thoughts? 

So I've disabled everything . . . the only things running are Review Studio (solid colored rooms for background color) and BodyMorph. 4 esp's active: review studio, racemenu.esp, racemenubodymorph.esp, racemenuplugin.esp

From there I console COC studio4 which goes to the black room (review studio). It loads superfast cuz there's nothing to load. when you COC directly from the menu, it gives you the default dovakiin character... horned iron helm, iron breastplate, etc.

I disrobe the guy . . . slowly, barry white in the background. Nice bottle of red, couple candles. . . no, wait.

I unequip the armor, open racemenu, no extra sliders. I change sex to female, CTD. If I leave the armor on, and change sex, i get the female dova in iron armor.

Thoughts? 

I never tried this. I mean a part with the default dovakiin, nice bottle of red, etc.

I just did the same, but with around 70 mods active. And it went without those SUDDENLY! desktops.

ps: It's alive!!! ALIVE!!!! wahahahaha! I mean it works for me now. xD

Here's CB++ body, ready for BodyMorph.

I might have mixed up some sliders though. Their names might not match with what they actually do. We don't care about such minor things here in Russia.

Thoughts? 

I never tried this. I mean a part with the default dovakiin, nice bottle of red, etc.

I just did the same, but with around 70 mods active. And it went without those SUDDENLY! desktops.

I might have mixed up some sliders though. Their names might not match with what they actually do. We don't care about such minor things here in Russia.

In Soviet Russia, boobs jiggle YOU.

Thoughts? 

It's a good start considering I left minimal to no instructions, it's really close though, where you see the name "TriShape" in the TRI it should actually be "BaseShape" to match the TriShape name in the nif. Though when the armor only has one TriShape (Completely naked body only has one, the SFW bodies have two) it doesn't matter because when it's loaded onto the player's skeleton it's simplified to one node. Armors that have multiple TriShapes get placed as a child an NiNode when placed on the player's skeleton. 

Anyway that you can make this process automated for NPCs? For instance if I take body slide and build my base femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif then launch skyrim and customize my character using showrace menu. There would be a script that basically applies the various race menu body morph sliders to all NPCs randomly. This would make every NPC different in height, weight and build... Is this Possible?

Thoughts? 

It's a good start considering I left minimal to no instructions, it's really close though, where you see the name "TriShape" in the TRI it should actually be "BaseShape" to match the TriShape name in the nif. Though when the armor only has one TriShape (Completely naked body only has one, the SFW bodies have two) it doesn't matter because when it's loaded onto the player's skeleton it's simplified to one node. Armors that have multiple TriShapes get placed as a child an NiNode when placed on the player's skeleton. 

hey! you quoted and then forgot me )= me am sad.

i did however try dudes cbbe and the same thing happened.

So, how do I install? just drag and drop and then use on the race menu or what?

so i did a couple other troubleshooting things...

1) recopied current version of skse.

2) there were a couple latent things in skyrim/data removed it.

3) changed to dudes cbbe.

4) removed Review Studio mod and went to whiterunbreezehome instead of studio4.

So now there's nothing loading -- not even a bunch of addon esp/bsa -- except the game and Bodymorph. 

start the game, console coc whiterunbreezehome, console sexchange, exit console, remove the armor, CTD.

I am however getting sliders now.

so i did a couple other troubleshooting things...

1) recopied current version of skse.

2) there were a couple latent things in skyrim/data removed it.

3) changed to dudes cbbe.

4) removed Review Studio mod and went to whiterunbreezehome instead of studio4.

So now there's nothing loading -- not even a bunch of addon esp/bsa -- except the game and Bodymorph. 

start the game, console coc whiterunbreezehome, console sexchange, exit console, remove the armor, CTD.

I am however getting sliders now.

ah ok so yeah . . . SKELETON. I remembered a bunch of poeple having CTD when setting up tbbp and that was the fix. once I added xp32 into the mod tree, it works.

only problem now is that there's no body texture. so it appears that someone needs to have textures in there... either adding it to the mod, or the player having it active.

You had no XPMS installed? Oh man.... it's the only skeleton that works good with pregnancy enabled bodies.

So everyone should get at least one.

So, how do I install? just drag and drop and then use on the race menu or what?

Install BodyMorph enabled racemenu and updated nioverride from this post.

Then copy over that cbbe i posted, if you want it cbbe-style.

Enable all the mods, go into racemenu, hf.

Don't forget XPMS.

You had no XPMS installed? Oh man.... it's the only skeleton that works good with pregnancy enabled bodies.

So everyone should get at least one.

Well, so yeah... I didn't see that mentioned in previous posts, so I removed it from the equation... however, that's part of the deal when you're futzing around with raw mods, so no complaints here.

I did however come across some inconsistencies. I wasn't able to nail it down (time constraints) and I won't be able to get back to it for a cpl days, but the bodies would fly out of proportion. I mean it was a head on top of a misshapen, house-sized blob of polygons. When i have a chance, i'll dig around and see if i can nail down steps to reproduce.

Also, just so you know, the whole kit n kaboodle was working with the HDT juggie physics. and with bodymorph, when it worked, it fucking worked.

Last thing: you might update the OP with 1) dl link and 2) known installation process and requirements.

Yeah, I've seen that . . . BUT this was different. it was working well. . . and then over the course of just using the mod it would grow more and more out of proportion.

that's right, the body was "right" and then after a while it'd be misshapen with like a 200% exaggeration of the shape, and then after a while it'd be the blob.

besides the fact that it went from working to blob, it wasnt a pineapple... it was a blob. as if it was trying to adhere to some kind of shape, but was instead way out of sync or proportion. it's as if there was some kind of rounding problem that wasn't accounted for and it just eventually got out of hand.

again, I'll have to get to it later.

Anyway that you can make this process automated for NPCs? For instance if I take body slide and build my base femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif then launch skyrim and customize my character using showrace menu. There would be a script that basically applies the various race menu body morph sliders to all NPCs randomly. This would make every NPC different in height, weight and build... Is this Possible?

The slider values are internal to the mod and saved to the co-save. You can alter the values via Papyrus, so yes, this is possible.

I mean it was a head on top of a misshapen, house-sized blob of polygons.

Pineapple syndrome. Caused by a mesh and a .bsd with either a different number of vertices or differently ordered vertices.

This.

The slider values are internal to the mod and saved to the co-save. You can alter the values via Papyrus, so yes, this is possible.

I mean it was a head on top of a misshapen, house-sized blob of polygons.

Pineapple syndrome. Caused by a mesh and a .bsd with either a different number of vertices or differently ordered vertices.

This.

Yeah, I've seen that . . . BUT this was different. it was working well. . . and then over the course of just using the mod it would grow more and more out of proportion. that's right, the body was "right" and then after a while it'd be misshapen with like a 200% exaggeration of the shape, and then after a while it'd be the blob. besides the fact that it went from working to blob, it wasnt a pineapple... it was a blob. as if it was trying to adhere to some kind of shape, but was instead way out of sync or proportion. it's as if there was some kind of rounding problem that wasn't accounted for and it just eventually got out of hand. again, I'll have to get to it later.

That.

And, since there's only 2 body's for this mod so far (the official unp and another dudes cbbe, both i believe based on well-worn bodyslide versions) different vert counts are pretty low on the list of potential causes.

Archived