[WIP] BodyMorph

Expired6978

Yep, I copied the mesh files, tri, scripts, esp's and bsa.

Try changing the values while naked even though they appear to do nothing now, save and reload. The reload method of updating the vertices is different from how they are changed dynamically. If I can't figure out what's wrong I'll upload the debug version of the plugin which will dump vast amounts of information to skse_nioverride.log. Right now in release mode there won't be much there other than critical failures and acknowledgement of loading.

I checked the last papyrus log and I found this:

stack:

[ (000C6963)].FXSetBlendVariableScript.SetAnimationVariableFloat() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (000C6963)].FXSetBlendVariableScript.OnLoad() - "FXSetBlendVariableScript.psc" Line 38

[07/10/2013 - 02:55:10AM] error: Native static function ClearMorphValue does not match existing signature on linked type NiOverride. Function will not be bound.

[07/10/2013 - 02:55:57AM] Error:  (000C6984): cannot find variable named fToggleBlend.

Oh, I must have missed the newest version of NiOverride.pex, not a big deal for that function to not be bound, I never actually call it anyhow.

Yep, I copied the mesh files, tri, scripts, esp's and bsa.

Try changing the values while naked even though they appear to do nothing now, save and reload. The reload method of updating the vertices is different from how they are changed dynamically. If I can't figure out what's wrong I'll upload the debug version of the plugin which will dump vast amounts of information to skse_nioverride.log. Right now in release mode there won't be much there other than critical failures and acknowledgement of loading.

Tried that. I did BlessedBreasts to 2.5 just for the lulz and I faced...something, but not boobs :P Stretched like hell, but changes were applied.

Yes, it can work on any mesh as long as the NiStringExtraData links to a valid TRI. Penis length? Sure. Pauldron length? Sure. You can create your own morphs and activate them via script.

I can only guarantee it for Armor type nodes though, I cannot say the same for weapons or hair (If you were thinking of growing hair). This is due to the nature of the hook that's modifying the armors as they are loaded.

Hair length could actually be done using CharGen, only problem is that I'm fairly certain that all of the Apachii hairs actually use dummy TRI files (Or at least don't really do much), to make new morphs of this nature you'd need to add the morphs to the face but make no change to the face, then also add it to the hair and it would propagate when changed.

Actually it has nothing to do with penis length, that is attainable with havok, since it requires to translate the bones head/tail, and I know how to do it, just havent bothered myself with that yet. If I used a morph target to increase the length, it would cause it to bend in strange ways. but girth would be possible, or make other slight shape changes.

I'm just particularly interested because I always thought that having 1 single morph target slider (AKA weight slider) was like meh... In fact that feature is so important for me, that is enough for me to finally start using RaceMenu (I dont use it simply because I rarely play Skyrim at all these days, so I just run a minimal mod list). Scaling the skeleton can only do so much (specially when single axis scaling is not supported), but having the ability to add morph targets to meshes is a heavenly addition.

This will also prove useful, because I'm involved in a new body project, with maybe 1-2 shape flavours, so it would definetively be a nice addition, if those flavours can be used in-game, rather than have to install either one shape or the other.

I'm just particularly interested because I always thought that having 1 single morph target slider (AKA weight slider) was like meh... In fact that feature is so important for me, that is enough for me to finally start using RaceMenu (I dont use it simply because I rarely play Skyrim at all these days, so I just run a minimal mod list). Scaling the skeleton can only do so much (specially when single axis scaling is not supported), but having the ability to add morph targets to meshes is a heavenly addition.

This will also prove useful, because I'm involved in a new body project, with maybe 1-2 shape flavours, so it would definetively be a nice addition, if those flavours can be used in-game, rather than have to install either one shape or the other.

Now you can have any number of morph targets you want, same name targets will propagate to all armors with that name.

I really like body customization but I found it really tedious to be regenerating a new body every time I wanted a slight change, and also having to download new armors that support it, or not have an armor for that type at all. Hopefully this will encourage more people to make their Armors morph in more ways than one, probably a pain to add all of the sliders in the current list but you could support more of them over time. I fully intend to reimplement these features I've created recently in newer Bethesda games (if the engine remains) and hopefully this may become somewhat a standard for creating Armors that will support all body types (since you could essentially morph it any way you want, unless of course the body has a different vertex count and is a completely different body altogether).

yy, I was thinking about exactly the same... the downside is, that most ppl dont realize though how important the vertex count/order is. I can already imagine ppl nagging about not being able to use the morphs, due to some deltas/TRI/Body shape mismatch. But still, its without any question a most interesting feature, I'm looking forward to have some time (and assets) to work with this. Quite honestly, the most interesting feature in a mod I've seen recently.

yy, I was thinking about exactly the same... the downside is, that most ppl dont realize though how important the vertex count/order is. I can already imagine ppl nagging about not being able to use the morphs, due to some deltas/TRI/Body shape mismatch. But still, its without any question a most interesting feature, I'm looking forward to have some time (and assets) to work with this. Quite honestly, the most interesting feature in a mod I've seen recently.

Yeah, you'll know when the morph is trying to be applied to a mismatched vertex count. It'll look like what happens when you improperly make a small and large body then try to set a middle weight, the body looks like it has triangles pointing out everywhere. Fortunately it will also spam skse_nioverride.log with errors regarding vertex indices being out of bounds and not crash.

That was the point of the extra data though, so that it doesn't try to load for a body that you know it won't work for.

Hey expired, I have one more question for you...

I happened to do a werewolf and vampire lord Morph Target, to have the weight enabled (which in my opinion should have been done by Bethesda), to reflect the weight from the character. So a heavy character will also have a more "heavy" look, and skinny ones, just the same, while shape shifted. My question here is, since its just an armor, for all effects and purposes, if I would make a TRI for it, lets say for bigger boobs or biceps or whatever, using the same names/index, would it then be applied aswell? Logic makes me assume it would, but I'm just not sure

Thanks in advance

sorry, forgive my ignorance, but how am I supposed to use this mod ?

I cop[ied the datafile in the download, and put the folder called bodymorph next to it, the same way it is setup in the download, but when I try to open racemenu in game, I ctd. What Might I be doing wrong here ?

Also, is this going to be compatible with the belly a boob scaling of nodes in things like estrus charus and the pregnancy mod ?

Hey expired, I have one more question for you...

I happened to do a werewolf and vampire lord Morph Target, to have the weight enabled (which in my opinion should have been done by Bethesda), to reflect the weight from the character. So a heavy character will also have a more "heavy" look, and skinny ones, just the same, while shape shifted. My question here is, since its just an armor, for all effects and purposes, if I would make a TRI for it, lets say for bigger boobs or biceps or whatever, using the same names/index, would it then be applied aswell? Logic makes me assume it would, but I'm just not sure

Thanks in advance

Absolutely it would.

sorry, forgive my ignorance, but how am I supposed to use this mod ?

I cop[ied the datafile in the download, and put the folder called bodymorph next to it, the same way it is setup in the download, but when I try to open racemenu in game, I ctd. What Might I be doing wrong here ?

Also, is this going to be compatible with the belly a boob scaling of nodes in things like estrus charus and the pregnancy mod ?

the CTD is almost surely being caused because the female body provided is rigged to bones (Butt and Boobs) which are not present in your female skeleton. Have you got any female body with butt and boobs physics installed? if not = CTD

Yes this is probably your issue, I shipped with TBBP bodies as an example, I should have used CBBE. It'll be compatible with whatever armor/body has TRI files and they are attached to the TriShape, if it doesn't nothing happens.

Thats natural, its because the morph stretches the texture. Unless Skyrim would support multiple UV layouts (which I highly doubt it does), the only way to correct that is to mess with the original UV and re-export the body, or re-do the morph, so it doesnt cause as much pixel stretch in a sensitive area like the nipples

Its also possible that the texture you are using goes outside the "nipple mesh", so when Expired did the morph, he simply did it based on the mesh/texture he was using, and thus he cant guess if other textures will behave the same way or not. In cases where the nipple texture is visibly outside the areola ring (which should be something fairly relative in this particular case), then its on the texturer's end to fix it.

Thats natural, its because the morph stretches the texture. Unless Skyrim would support multiple UV layouts (which I highly doubt it does), the only way to correct that is to mess with the original UV and re-export the body, or re-do the morph, so it doesnt cause as much pixel stretch in a sensitive area like the nipples

Its also possible that the texture you are using goes outside the "nipple mesh", so when Expired did the morph, he simply did it based on the mesh/texture he was using, and thus he cant guess if other textures will behave the same way or not. In cases where the nipple texture is visibly outside the areola ring (which should be something fairly relative in this particular case), then its on the texturer's end to fix it.

Ah alrights, time to re-do my textures then. XD

I have played around with it a bit more, but it still won't update in real time. The values can go from 0 to 5 and 2.5 already caused uber huge scales for me (Breasts were a highly stretched part of polyongs/faces). Is it still intended not to update in real time or is it because of this diferent nioverride.dll, which you uploaded earlier, which finally worked on my end?

Would love to help a bit more with debugging/finding out, what caused the crashes on my end.

Greetz,

Maxunit

Nipple length and nipple height? Downloading now!

On more serious note, does it mean that as long as armors are compatible (ie have "TRI") then it can be morphed by scripts as much as I want? That smells like some kind of revolution...

Yes, this is exactly what it means, as long as the armor supports it will work. Currently the only armor that supports it is the naked UNPB-TBBP body that I shipped with it.

One more question. How are these morphs current settings stored? If I lets say modify "sliders" via script then are they transferred between sessions or do I have to refresh them OnLoad? Or is that what your mod does? Im confused. :D

I have played around with it a bit more, but it still won't update in real time. The values can go from 0 to 5 and 2.5 already caused uber huge scales for me (Breasts were a highly stretched part of polyongs/faces). Is it still intended not to update in real time or is it because of this diferent nioverride.dll, which you uploaded earlier, which finally worked on my end?

Would love to help a bit more with debugging/finding out, what caused the crashes on my end.

Greetz,

Maxunit

It should be updating in realtime, does it update if you change gear? The function that updates is _playerActor.UpdateWeight(0) when you update your weight it essentially just rebuilds the outfit based on your weight and the _0, _1 bodies. The hook is whenever your armor is loaded, which also happens to be when it rebuilds the weight. Maybe check your Papyrus logs to make sure that it's not erroring that _playerActor is a None object.

One more question. How are these morphs current settings stored? If I lets say modify "sliders" via script then are they transferred between sessions or do I have to refresh them OnLoad? Or is that what your mod does? Im confused. :D

They are stored in the SKSE co-save. The plugin does this automatically so you do not need to refresh on reload as it does this for you.

Ok, i look at this mod, read almost all replies, and i still dont really get it......

Where is the download?

How do i get the sliders ingame?

What are the required mods?

What to do if i want to use this on the Manga body?

I know what you mean m8, their all talking techno babble :).

personally I'm waiting until something a bit more comprehensible and user friendly comes out

Ok, i look at this mod, read almost all replies, and i still dont really get it......

Where is the download?

How do i get the sliders ingame?

What are the required mods?

What to do if i want to use this on the Manga body?

The download is there, but it's still in testing:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uu58rdb44x2mmdg/BodyMorph.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ph191fxr5z262hf/nioverride.7z (Fixes potential crash when you load a game)

The sliders are part of the included RaceMenuBodyMorphs plugin.

The above are the 'required' mods.

You don't unless manga body is a variant of an existing body that someone has made morphs for. (e.g. UNP or CBBE base)

This mod is essentially the same as BodySlide but it works ingame. If your body doesn't have any BodySlide morphs then it's probably not going to work.

There are cases where it MAY work, for example if your body is a variant of an existing body that has morphs, like UNP. I only have distributed UNP naked body morphs right now and the variant I used happens to be TBBP. It will work for CBBE as well once someone, (probably going to be me) converts the BodySlide bsd files into TRI files.

personally I'm waiting until something a bit more comprehensible and user friendly comes out

It depends what you're expecting from user friendly. One-click install sure, but it's not going to work for every body type and there isn't anything I can do about that but hope people can make the sliders for armors. I can't make it work for every body because that's just not possible, the bodies need shape delta data to do anything otherwise they're just a bunch of points in space. That data is different for every armor, the only one that can be reused is the naked body, since most armors are made around the existing body.

"This mod is essentially the same as BodySlide but it works ingame."

What should I do to use it ingame ? , like what button do I press, or what do I type, or what is it that I should do in order to use it ingame. Unless I've missed it ( and that's totally possible) nobodys actually said how to use it, presumably you've all assumed its obvious. 

What I tried was to type "showracemenu" in the console. which crashed my game. So I went to the facesculpter in the ragged flagon and tried that way. It CTD'ed. I tried generating a number of different bodies via bodyslide that were tbbp, but I seem to crash on showracemenu.

Also, what is the .exe in the morph folder for ? Should I run it and change the vertex counts for things ? or, you know, some sort of step by step guide for us less gifted fellows would be brilliant. If its not to much trubble.

I don't mean to come across as self entitled or rude or demanding, its just that this mod looks really good and I want to play with it too :)

What I tried was to type "showracemenu" in the console. which crashed my game. So I went to the facesculpter in the ragged flagon and tried that way. It CTD'ed. I tried generating a number of different bodies via bodyslide that were tbbp, but I seem to crash on showracemenu.

Also, what is the .exe in the morph folder for ? Should I run it and change the vertex counts for things ? or, you know, some sort of step by step guide for us less gifted fellows would be brilliant. If its not to much trubble.

I don't mean to come across as self entitled or rude or demanding, its just that this mod looks really good and I want to play with it too :)

If your RaceMenu crashes you probably need to disable your FaceGen caching, theres a plugin available for this too:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29624

In the optional files section "DisableFaceGenCache" this is a bug with the vanilla game where if you have tons of hair styles or eyes or other head parts opening the menu will either crash or freeze. This plugin will disable the caching so parts are loaded on request.

If the body mesh were broken or had unlinked skeletal nodes (this is when you're using a BBP body without the skeleton) you would crash immediately when you took your clothes off.

The exe is for merging the bsd files, not for user use, for modder use.

Once your RaceMenu is working you will see all the sliders in the Body tab of the RaceMenu.

@Expired

Do you have any plan to customize Followers Body in the game? May be thru console command?

Like:

Set BreastRight 1.02

Set HipWide 1.23

I also hope there's an ability to save and load the body morph preset into a txt file, so it can be shared and applied instantly.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29624

If your RaceMenu crashes you probably need to disable your FaceGen caching, theres a plugin available for this too:

In the optional files section "DisableFaceGenCache" this is a bug with the vanilla game where if you have tons of hair styles or eyes or other head parts opening the menu will either crash or freeze. This plugin will disable the caching so parts are loaded on request.

BTW, showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller and disablefacegencache serve the different purposes?

Also, is it hard to create a CBBE morph body?

Ok, gone to the BodyMorph tool...

Archived