Droids of the Commonwealth - the Re-redux ?

27 minutes ago, CV666 said:

Where does one download the latest and greatest necessary files? 

Here.

As of right now, that is the only external requirement for monitoring the custom actor values. @OpheliaComplex made a stat widget to display the values on the HUD, but

I can't seem to find it now. It was super convenient, because you didn't need to constantly open the Pipboy to check on the stat levels. I have the file, so I'll look into adding

it into the files when I upload the mod if she no longer has it.

Not much progress this week as I was a bit under the weather for a couple of days, and work was crazy as we near the end of the current project.

I did manage to get the weapons system for the roaming squads finished up and implemented, though. I still need to build all the roamers and

their packages. I also made a number of changes for power management and repair kits, incorporating some vanilla perk requirements. Certain

power sources will require up to the top tier of some perks to recycle. I also added the ability for your droid to directly recycle fusion cores, but

with a 75% penalty for not using a robot recycler unit. So instead of the 100 power a robot's recycler provides, you only get 25 power per core.

You also take a pretty significant temperature increase. Recycling a fusion core yourself also requires your droid to be at less than 10 power.

Needless to say, it's an "emergency use only" thing to keep you from using all your cores as opposed to recycling smaller items like ammo cells.

I'll get into things a bit more over the coming weekend.....

11 hours ago, Hacunda said:

heres the old widgetDroidStatWidgets_v1.05.7z not sure if ity was the up to date version

That's the one I have, so that's right.

I haven't added any new actor values, and I likely won't. The player has plenty to keep track of as things are now. I plan on spending at least one full day just updating

the "Operations Manual" holotape terminal to add a lot more detail about how things work. Things like how much power certain items add when you recycle them either

directly or through a robot's recycler, and what the software programs you load in and out actually do. The hardware is pretty self-explanatory. It's essentially just your

subsystems docking module, armor components, cognitive processor, and relay beacon. Currently the relay points are labeled as coordinates without much detail about

the areas you land in.

Just about everything your droid does will depend on something else. A component, a perk, a combination of both, etc.. I aim to provide as much detail as possible so

it will be a lot more intuitive. I'll also be making a few recommendations for mods that greatly compliment playing a droid based on my current testing load order.

So.....

good AND bad news today:

First the good news. The Fusion Droid body (and associated armor and clothing parts) is being updated to this. The bad news is, FG

will be the ONLY body I officially support and build BodySlides for. All the other bodies simply take up too much dev time I'd rather

spend building content for the mod itself. I want to add a lot more armor and clothing pieces to go with the new profile system, and

trying to dev for four bodies effectively quadruples my work load. However, if others would like to provide conversions, I'm fine with it.

On another note, I'm also looking at A.S.I.A.'s terminal system for DotC. The first terminal has already been placed in the weapons

factory to upgrade your droid.  I've done some pretty extensive editing to the original terminal texts as well. Mostly just renaming

and making things more descriptive.

More on all this later....

19 hours ago, Trykz said:

So.....

good AND bad news today:

First the good news. The Fusion Droid body (and associated armor and clothing parts) is being updated to this. The bad news is, FG

will be the ONLY body I officially support and build BodySlides for. All the other bodies simply take up too much dev time I'd rather

spend building content for the mod itself. I want to add a lot more armor and clothing pieces to go with the new profile system, and

trying to dev for four bodies effectively quadruples my work load. However, if others would like to provide conversions, I'm fine with it.

On another note, I'm also looking at A.S.I.A.'s terminal system for DotC. The first terminal has already been placed in the weapons

factory to upgrade your droid.  I've done some pretty extensive editing to the original terminal texts as well. Mostly just renaming

and making things more descriptive.

More on all this later....

Hey Trykz,

Super psyched for the release! I just wanted to ask something. Would it be possible to release the fusion girl bodyslides earlier than the main release? I know there are still quite a few of us who us CBBE and I could start doing a conversion for you? Just a thought :)

Matt

2 hours ago, MattTheRagdoll said:

Hey Trykz,

Super psyched for the release! I just wanted to ask something. Would it be possible to release the fusion girl bodyslides earlier than the main release? I know there are still quite a few of us who us CBBE and I could start doing a conversion for you? Just a thought :)

Matt

Sure.

As soon as I get the FG profile outfits sorted, I'll drop them in a PM to you as a complete package.

Same for anyone who would like to sort BodySlides for any other bodies as well. But let's try to keep

the conversions to a single source. @MattTheRagdoll = CBBE, @Trykz = Original FG, etc., so things

remain simple and single-source for users of bodies other than FG.

I'll actually be looking for some suggestions for FG outfits that suit the themes of the profile system once

I put out more detailed information about it. VTAW has a LOT of stuff I'd like to use, and it's quite popular.

So it's quite likely that there will already be conversions for just about any body type.

In a somewhat similar vein, ALL of the mod's main files are ESM format. This is for users to create their

own content to share with others, which I've always been a huge proponent of. For example, I've always felt

that droids could use a true quest component. But truth be told, I suck at scripting quests. Which is why I

went the terminal route with A.S.I.A.. I could tell a story, and provide "pseudo-markers" using locations

hinted at on the terminals, without actually building full-on quests.

Setting things up with the user in mind, actually led to this. And not even I can do without it now. It's

become a permanent part of my load order, and thanks to @OpheliaComplex for it. It makes things

MUCH easier to track and manage while playing.

The Naval Edition add-on will feel very familiar to former A.S.I.A. users, where one terminal leads to

another. I'm currently looking into using location discovery (via custom map markers) as conditioning

for opening up other terminal entries and content. The Spire add-on will be my first serious attempt

at an actual multi-part quest. And there's a ton of stuff I'd like to do between now and then. Such as

custom droid related loading screens and the like (VDSG Catalog entries and such), recruitment

posters around the game world, etc.. Maybe even some actual "checkpoints" manned by actual

droid squads.

You know, things that make droids feel as organic to the game as vanilla synths.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to your new ASIA mod.

I have only a couple questions; I'm using your discontinued ASIA mod and would like to know if I need to start a new game, and if I do does your new mod have better compatibility with the latest Start Me Up mod as far as setting up the PC's background is concerned.

Oh, and does this new version have a way of automatically changing the PC's appearance in game as far as her A.S.I.A. model G1, G2, G3 and G4 is concerned, or will I have to copy & paste their textures in the Data file?

On 6/17/2022 at 3:38 AM, Verina said:

I'm really looking forward to your new ASIA mod.

I have only a couple questions; I'm using your discontinued ASIA mod and would like to know if I need to start a new game, and if I do does your new mod have better compatibility with the latest Start Me Up mod as far as setting up the PC's background is concerned.

Oh, and does this new version have a way of automatically changing the PC's appearance in game as far as her A.S.I.A. model G1, G2, G3 and G4 is concerned, or will I have to copy & paste their textures in the Data file?

This mod, Droids of the Commonwealth, is the official successor to A.S.I.A..

This mod uses it's own models and textures, and has nothing to do with A.S.I.A.. DotC also doesn't use multiple models or series. DotC uses an entirely new system of

"software upgrades" to it's base version. DotC is a FAR more advanced mod than A.S.I.A. ever was, with a TON of features A.S.I.A. never had. In a sense, DotC is what I

would have liked A.S.I.A. to be back when I developed it. It simply became too much of a hassle to maintain because of all the different versions, which meant multiple

versions of not just the bodies, but multiple versions of all the clothing and armor as well. I don't ever want to go through that again ?

That said.....

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks.

First, the profile system is nearly complete. I just need to add the appropriate software subsystems to each of the hardware armor/clothing sets.

More on these when I get it fully fleshed out and tested. I also decided to cease further development on the settlement aspect of the Watson.

Read on for why.....

The most significant thing I accomplished this week is the tie-in to another mod. "Fort Hagen is alive" by Nexus user greekrage. This tie-in

will allow me to expand DotC's content exponentially. The settlement is HUGE. Like 12 cells overall by my estimate. Quite a bit larger than

Diamond City in my estimate. Read the mod's description for more detail on it's size. But it's an entire town to put it plainly. It's a solid mod

with no real drawbacks from the vanilla town. Even the Kellog part of the MQ remains intact, as he didn't touch the building's interior.

The Fort Hagen settlement tie-in is built on a separate plug-in, but will be a requirement for future content, as everything I add going

forward will lead from the location.

I'm also dropping the Start Me Up recommendation and replacing it with SKK50's "Synthetic Player". Overall, I felt it was a better fit.

Though NO alternate start mod is truly required to play DotC, and ANY should be compatible.

I played around with the settlement for a few hours this morning. Pardon the fog. I blame Vivid Weathers ?:

Spoiler

20220618195129_1.jpg

20220618195059_1.jpg

20220618195021_1.jpg

20220618194951_1.jpg

20220618194917_1.jpg

The last shot is your sneak peak of my test character running the Urban Combat Profile ?

I'll delve deeper into these when it's finished. So stay tuned...

I’m watching this with interest myself; after playing vanilla FO4 so much, and then getting into modded FO4, I can’t bring myself to go back to vanilla. I also have zero interest in rerunning any of the vanilla quests, and I’m much more interested in the major overhaul mods. I’d love to find one that effectively strips all of the quests and turns the game into a survival sandbox (a la FROST) while still keeping the surface world inhabitable; I like building settlements (that Fort Hagen settlement sounds fantastic) and the world can just be so damn nice to look at sometimes, especially with some visual mods.

Anyway, it doesn’t sound like you’re removing the vanilla quests, but this sounds like a great mod for replaying the game, and it sounds like it could work with other mods that do remove vanilla quests and make the world more bleak.

6 hours ago, Nihilistic_Mouse said:

I’m watching this with interest myself; after playing vanilla FO4 so much, and then getting into modded FO4, I can’t bring myself to go back to vanilla. I also have zero interest in rerunning any of the vanilla quests, and I’m much more interested in the major overhaul mods. I’d love to find one that effectively strips all of the quests and turns the game into a survival sandbox (a la FROST) while still keeping the surface world inhabitable; I like building settlements (that Fort Hagen settlement sounds fantastic) and the world can just be so damn nice to look at sometimes, especially with some visual mods.

Anyway, it doesn’t sound like you’re removing the vanilla quests, but this sounds like a great mod for replaying the game, and it sounds like it could work with other mods that do remove vanilla quests and make the world more bleak.

I avoid touching the vanilla quests like a plague. It's too easy to break something. I'm no scripting wizard, so I leave that stuff to those who are.

The Fort Hagen settlement was just too cool to pass up. The minute I found and read up on it, my head flooded with ideas for future stuff I'd like to add

to my mod. The Spire space station will lean heavily on the location. I already moved the underground weapons factory entrance to the motorpool garage

building. So the South Boston checkpoint location is returned to it's vanilla state for the most part. I may add some rogue droid enemies there to keep the

gunners company.

Speaking of them, something is interfering with their faction alignments. I set them to mutually neutral with whatever factions they encounter as they travel

across the map, but they still seem to want to fight with everything they encounter. I'm starting to think I may need to build an esl flagged patch that can be

loaded late in the load order if I can't find the conflict.

I plan to spend the next few days setting up the terminals that guide you from location to location. I set up a temporary upgrade terminal in the weapons

factory for testing which I'll be replacing with an information terminal that sends you to the Charlton in South Boston. The terminal on the Charlton is

already set up to run the upgrade program, moving you to the rebuild location aboard the Watson far to the northeast. This is when you get the relay

program for easier travel. Initially, you will only be able to relay to the Watson, Charlton, and the weapons factory. The trailer locations will

require discovery before they'll appear on the holotape.

I also need to clean up the System Management 1.0 holotape so it doesn't give you inadvertent access to 2.0 capabilities. I finally sorted it to be added

directly to your inventory when you initially become a droid. However, I'll be leaving the one on the desk in the weapons factory as a backup replacement

should something go wrong that requires a replacement. Beyond that, it's down to the visual enhancement stuff I mentioned earlier.

Finally, when you check out the Fort Hagen mod, take a look at his Fort Strong settlement mod as well. I "might" take advantage of that later. I played

around with it a bit, but the much higher level Supermutants ended up having their way with my level 25 test character for about an hour before I finally

escaped ?

Needless to say, it may require a much higher level character ?

10 hours ago, Nihilistic_Mouse said:

There are a couple of mods that do or did just that, one of them turns it into what is in effect a zombie apocalypse, basically everything is replaced with feral ghouls apart from creature spawns, no other npc's at all, the other version turns every human into various versions of synths, pretty much turning it into something like terminator, but after they wiped everybody out, can not remember what the two mods are called though, both were on nexus at one point though.  To be honest though running into synths at level one was seriously nasty, as there was not just one or two but dozens wandering around concord and all were hostile on sight to the player.

Edited by Varithina

A few things I forgot to mention:

if you pay close attention to the last screenshot in my post above, you'll note that my test character

is using normal human textures. I kind of like it since the whole theme of the mod is that you're a new

breed of sentient, mechanical being, developed in a secret government weapons facility, in a similar

fashion to Institute Gen 3 synths.

The old robotic style textures will still be available for those who prefer to use them by simply removing

these from the included replacer folder they'll be stored in.

The Shino MSG clothes (which doesn't need to be installed apart from the meshes and textures), will

require the custom FG BodySlide files which I will of course include, as will the other sets I'll be using in

the released version of the mod. I created a "civilian profile" that currently uses select EasyGirl clothing

pieces. These can be swapped out for whatever you want to use by simply adding your own stuff,

renamed to match and replace the pieces I used from EasyGirl. This profile offers NO protection, and

includes only minimal subsystem programs relevant to social interaction with NPCs such as traders

and the like.

So this is a thing.....

20220624104817_1.jpg

Yeah, I cheated in the scrap for testing purposes ?

But hey, it works ?

Don't get too excited though. I'll be adding springs, screws,

and cloth to that list of materials.

In other news, I went ahead and made a quick patch for the Fort Strong

settlement mod. Only took about 5 minutes, and I even dropped a relay pad

there, all hooked into the relay system. The pad for Fort Hagen is already in the

weapons factory beneath the motorpool.

My testing terminal in the weapons factory has been replaced with

a temporary "Duty Roster" terminal. I'll be moving it to it's own esl

so I can use it to add stuff whenever I want without disturbing the

main mod files. For now, it just sends you to the Charlton to upgrade

your 1.0 software to 2.0. The update has a level requirement of 10

currently. I'm thinking I may raise it to 15 to bring it in line with

the Automatron MQ, which is where you start finding more

repair kits, as there are more robots to kill. I'm going to up

the drop rate on repair kits so I can level restrict (20) the

free ones you get from the Mainframe early on.

I'm currently thinking I'm about 3-4 weeks out from

completion for those who might be wondering.

11 hours ago, Trykz said:

Don't get too excited though. I'll be adding springs, screws, and cloth to that list of materials.

I  would add at least one rank or maybe two of science as well, though that would be me being semi nasty, after all something that high tech to build, must require at least some science knowledge to do, though if you really want to be nasty make it take three or four ranks of it.

4 hours ago, Varithina said:

I  would add at least one rank or maybe two of science as well, though that would be me being semi nasty, after all something that high tech to build, must require at least some science knowledge to do, though if you really want to be nasty make it take three or four ranks of it.

I hadn't though of it, and that's a great idea. Parts of the power management system requires the first rank of Nuclear Physics to acquire,

as well as all three ranks of the robot hacking perk. I also added component requirements to requisitioning repair kit build orders from the

Mainframe. From level one to level 20, you can build repair kits from a stimpak, a screw, and a spring. One of each will return 5 repair kits.

After level 20, you will only be able to get them from robots, or the vanilla way at the chem bench. I left the ones in the lockers, and even

added a few lockers to the new ships to help you along until you finally meet Ada to get the Mechanist quest.

The vanilla repair kits heal 15% health. So I stacked a duplicate effect onto it conditioned to activate at level 25, but ONLY if you have Medic rank 2.

The fusion cores you find around the weapons factory already respawn when the cell resets.

There are two versions of the charging stations. The static ones you find in the facilities, and the workshop version. BOTH types restore 200 power,

so needless to say, a bit of care is required so you don't blow yourself up ? There is one of the static type in the weapons factory, 5 in the Fort

Hagen Red Rocket, 4 aboard the Charlton, and 2 on the Watson.

2 more will come later when I finish The Spire space station. The Spire will have a workbench with a limited build area, but not settlement enabled.

More on that when the time comes.

5 hours ago, Varithina said:

Well, you are a super duty wasteland robot you know...

• 2 weeks later...

So I figured I'd do my playtesting this week with another of Greekrage's settlement mods:

The View as The Spire's potential future satellite uplink array:

Warning: big screens ahead...

Spoiler

20220703195039_1.jpg20220703195059_1.jpg20220703195118_1.jpg20220703195200_1.jpg20220703195212_1.jpg20220703195230_1.jpg20220703195243_1.jpg20220703195256_1.jpg20220703195316_1.jpg20220703195401_1.jpg20220703195423_1.jpg20220703195549_1.jpg20220703195606_1.jpg

I really like the location. But as a military installation, not really as a settlement.

What you see here is what I was able to throw together in the CK in about an hour

on Greekrage's plugin. I can already picture the bunker fully droid staffed, and the

barracks filled with soldier droids puttering about.

I'm going to take a look at the vanilla location to see what it would take to

duplicate this to The Spire's plugin. From what I gather, he just flattened

the top of the mountain to make it buildable, and added the lift and

settlement mechanics. We'll see.....

Anyway, back to building NPCs and packages ?