[Request] Red Sonja Armor

if any one wants to give me a hand in the texturing department it would be greatly appreciated my texturing skills are zero

i am tearing my hair out trying to make the metal shiny i got the shoulders to have a nice shiny look but for the life of me i cant get the metal scales to do the same without making the leather straps all shiny aswell

also i would like to know what you guys think the boots and gloves should look like give examples from other mods and ill ask permission to add them

About the shine:

Perhaps you already knew this, you can regulate how much shiny something is with the alpha channel of the normal map(if the shadertype is Environment Map).

Black means no shine, white mean max shine. It works like a specular map:

bsp.jpg

In game:

Screenshot14752.jpg

So if you want the leather not to be shiny or less shiny color these parts darker.

thanks for the tip i actually did not know that i am a complete noob when it comes to texturing

Here's some WiP images of the "armor" I'm making.  The armor is currently fitted to my custom body, but I'll likely be refitting it to at least two more bodies upon release (I'll let you guys decide what those two bodies are).  I'm only going to be fitting it to three body types, because it's so time consuming.

I couldn't just settle on one design...so I'm making two variations.

I'm planning for both armors to be considered heavy and make them both available in two tiers.  The first tier will be available when you unlock Steel smithing and the second tier will be available when Dragonbone smithing is unlocked.  That way you can play the outfit regardless of which stage of the game you're at.

post-126630-0-32745100-1372897334_thumb.jpg

post-126630-0-08508000-1372897353_thumb.jpg

post-126630-0-38240100-1372897372_thumb.jpg

Here's some WiP images of the "armor" I'm making.  The armor is currently fitted to my custom body, but I'll likely be refitting it to at least two more bodies upon release (I'll let you guys decide what those two bodies are).  I'm only going to be fitting it to three body types, because it's so time consuming.

I couldn't just settle on one design...so I'm making two variations.

I'm planning for both armors to be considered heavy and make them both available in two tiers.  The first tier will be available when you unlock Steel smithing and the second tier will be available when Dragonbone smithing is unlocked.  That way you can play the outfit regardless of which stage of the game you're at.

This looks very good! Keep up the good work.

just so you guys know i am really just an amateur at this stuff so don't get your hopes too high for super awesome quality stuff i am probably not even half as good as some of the guys and gals on here

and here is a little update

attachicon.gif2013-07-02_00007.jpg

i had to shorten the front flap cause i hated how it clipped through the legs

attachicon.gif2013-07-02_00008.jpg

tell me what you think about the texture i Frankensteined some stuff together

I'm a little tardy, but you could keep it the same size it was . . . just weight paint it based on the leg/thigh bones a bit. not completely, but definitely the edges and fading out towards the center of the flap. that way it'll stay on the legs during animations and minimize clipping.

after hours of wrestling textures here is what i have

post-11444-0-27770800-1372910218_thumb.jpg

with the help of the helpful people of this thread i was able to get shininess to a level that looked nice then i had to change the texture from the old one cause it made the scales look like pieces of plastic as a consequence it is now darker

what i am really proud of are the shoulders my screenshot does not do it justice it looks awesome in bronze (my screenshot makes it look gold) but i bet it will look better with a nice steel texture for now i need some sleep

@Leito86

i don't mean to sound greedy but the option to craft a light version of your mod would be truly awesome

Hmm.  Actually, while you wait for someone to create it, you could probably achieve the desired look using these mods,

Basically, you need 5 things, a armored bikini, a fur loin cloth, leg straps, pouches, and a cloak.

1) First, the armored bikini, its item number 51 on the list of UNP-BBP conversions thread here on LoversLab

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10341-conversions-for-unpb-with-bbp/

2) The loin cloth, princess of the woods armor set comes in pieces, and has a few various 'fur loin clothes' to choose from.  Since they attach to the pelvis, they are compatible with UNP-BBP.  The rest of the outfit has also been converted to BBP though if you like. ;)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18008//?

3) Leg straps

BrokeFoot Mashup Compilation has legstraps: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20415//?

UNP-BBP meshes for BrokeFoot: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22166//?

4) Pouches.  These are also in the BrokeFoot Mashup, which actually has several too choose from.

5) The cloak.  Cloaks of Skyrim features around a 100 or so different cloaks...so take your pick.  ;)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12092//?

Hope that tides you over until someone does a dedicated "Red Sonja" armor; :)

Wow, you were all pretty busy while I was rebooting my brain XD

I have read and looked at your marvelous work so far and have to say I'm very excited. You done great so far and I enjoy the quick progress. Ah and Leito86, I just noticed that you are the savior of my foot-problem lol. No matter what meshes or textures I used, my feet looked always awkward ingame - not anymore, thanks to you ;)

@alericofwindhelm: These are very good links, I might add "Winter is Coming" mod wich is my favorite and has the best fur collection this season XD. Art of Magicka contains cloaks too (they have a better mesh imo) but they use the amulet-slot soo...

In the end I will more or less make a mashup myself, since I always tend to add this and taht anyway - like the great Bandolier mod for satchels and pouches

As far as my coffein-induced brain can think of, my overall suggestion would be that you guys maybe pick your favorite body type (and wich you are familar with) and make a beta to test for others. I currently use CBBE-BBP with BodySlide for my female characters but since I saw that SevenBase supports BBP too I was always allured to switch. UNP-BBP sounds good these days too (especially UNPB) since I like my girls more...uhm...voluptuous so to say (my boys too XD)...no off to work. I check later.

PS: I just read that there may be a Red Sonja reboot in cinema soon - Amber Heard is favorite (thats a beautiful actress but with a UNP petite body lol..not so fitting XD)

post-36247-0-16880900-1372916558_thumb.jpg

post-36247-0-42185000-1372916573_thumb.jpg

post-36247-0-07389100-1372916594_thumb.jpg

post-36247-0-07463100-1372916605_thumb.jpg

while doing my last test on the mod before packaging it up and releasing it i ran into a snag

post-11444-0-26546900-1372943330_thumb.jpg

i saved my game ate some dinner came back and it looked like that i do not know what happened it only happened to the top

post-11444-0-38533000-1372943342_thumb.jpg

this is what it looked like before

argh! so close but yet so far

while doing my last test on the mod before packaging it up and releasing it i ran into a snag

attachicon.gif2013-07-04_00002.jpg

i saved my game ate some dinner came back and it looked like that i do not know what happened it only happened to the top

attachicon.gif2013-07-04_00001.jpg

this is what it looked like before

argh! so close but yet so far

It is called corrosion, everything is working inside normal parameters XD. Well it looks like sumthing with the refelection map (enviroment mapping) wich warpes the light somehow...but thats were my wisdom ends.

here it is! enjoy!

its craftable in the misc section

shoulders

belt

its up to you guys to find gloves, boots and accessories i suggest the sevenbase version of brokefoots unp mashup

all credit goes to the original makers of the meshes

thanks to Squizzo for the shoulders that i copied from his witch elf armor http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19319/?

thanks to the creator of the power barbarian set from which i took most of the meshes from

and to all the people who helped me in this thread

Sonja Scale Mail.rar

updated the readme with all the proper credits

here it is! enjoy!

shoulders

belt

its up to you guys to find gloves, boots and accessories i suggest the sevenbase version of brokefoots unp mashup

thanks to Squizzo for the shoulders that i copied from his witch elf armor http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19319/?

thanks to the creator of the power barbarian set from which i took most of the meshes from

attachicon.gifSonja Scale Mail.rar

Wow! You should rename yourself into "TheMainMan" kimosabe! +10 internets for you for speed. If you have gone faster you might have travelled back in time XD. Moronity aside you have my thanks...I just need to wait right now to be able to use it since for some reason Nexus has decided to hide the UNPB body mod wich I need to use for the new SevenBase body :P ...this kinda sucks but I will try it out as soon as possible and upload pics and onions...err i meant opinions.

here it is! enjoy!

shoulders

belt

So quick question what is the base body that you are using for the releashed version of your mod?

Thanks for the help with the UNPB link. I didn't had the time yet to switch body types  since I had to sweep folders first, not only body meshes and textures therefor armor and clothes as well....would consume too much time. So I installed your Sonja Scale Mail and tried it with a new char (since my male orc would be look silly in it).

As you can see it is missing textures for some reason (don't mind the shape, it's still CBBE-BBP) or maybe wrong texture path inside the esp. Haven't tested all so far but will continue...Just my first impression (It is possible that BOSS maybe intervened).

post-36247-0-56850900-1373000911_thumb.jpg

here it is! enjoy!

shoulders

belt

So quick question what is the base body that you are using for the releashed version of your mod?

woops forgot to say its the sevenbase bombshell body

Awe, welp, got beat to it.  On to the next project for me.

NOOO! please continue! i would love to see your work completed

Thanks for the help with the UNPB link. I didn't had the time yet to switch body types  since I had to sweep folders first, not only body meshes and textures therefor armor and clothes as well....would consume too much time. So I installed your Sonja Scale Mail and tried it with a new char (since my male orc would be look silly in it).

As you can see it is missing textures for some reason (don't mind the shape, it's still CBBE-BBP) or maybe wrong texture path inside the esp. Haven't tested all so far but will continue...Just my first impression (It is possible that BOSS maybe intervened).

hmm try this one

Sonja Scale Mail 2 sevenbase bombshell.rar

also try it with the sevenbase bombshell body (should work with any of the sevenbase variants)

if that does not work you can try opening the mesh up in nifscope select the top and open the NiTriShape -> BSLightingShaderProperty -> BSShaderTestureSet and from there choose the textures from the textures folder

the top also takes up the "upper torso" so pieces of clothing that take the main body slot can be worn underneath

hmm try this one

attachicon.gifSonja Scale Mail 2 sevenbase bombshell.rar

also try it with the sevenbase bombshell body (should work with any of the sevenbase variants)

if that does not work you can try opening the mesh up in nifscope select the top and open the NiTriShape -> BSLightingShaderProperty -> BSShaderTestureSet and from there choose the textures from the textures folder

the top also takes up the "upper torso" so pieces of clothing that take the main body slot can be worn underneath

So I had the same problem with missing textures. However it was very easy to fix in the creation kit by just creating some texture sets for the bra and belt. Included the ESP with my fix if that helps. For the record I was using a custom race sevenbase bombshell body. Oh and the outfit looks great as well :)

EDIT: Added Vanity shot for fun! Using Sovngarde Steel Gauntlets and boots.

Sonja Scale Mail.esp

post-27958-0-59037900-1373043328_thumb.jpg

hmm try this one

attachicon.gifSonja Scale Mail 2 sevenbase bombshell.rar

So I had the same problem with missing textures. However it was very easy to fix in the creation kit by just creating some texture sets for the bra and belt. Included the ESP with my fix if that helps. For the record I was using a custom race sevenbase bombshell body. Oh and the outfit looks great as well :)

Ah very cool! Sadly I just messed up my whole game by trying to switch body types from CBBE-BBP to UNPB-BBP(x) -> SeveNBase BBP lol. I get my DigiBroom and wipe my folders clean first, then install body again and all the related armor and clothing mods for the same body. Then I will see if my PC is going to melt or not. Meanwhile inhaling gallons of energy drinks mixed with Tequila...I hope that works (crosses fingers and toes)..could only take some hours :P

Archived