SexLab Framework Development

I gave 130 final a (short) try and it seems to work fine. I saw the new expressions on 1 character. Well done!

FNIS warns: >>Warning:  1 non-FNIS behavior files in meshes\character\behaviors. They CAN be the cause of Skyrim incompatibility:<<
0_master.hkx

The 0_master.hkx file was installed today in meshes\actors\character\behaviors, by installing the latest SL framework 130  (or perhaps MatchMaker6, which was installed at the same time ?).

I am not sure but moving from 1.24 to 1.30 disables the entire aggressive animation selection in mcm i have aggressive ticked but it will still use the list for consensual section even though it should be using aggressive section..

^^This. For some reason consentual animations were used instead of aggressive. Didn't re check boxes n stuff again though but in MCM it says it's on.

EDIT: This is on the beta btw.

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to completely uninstall SexLab 1.24 before installing 1.30, beta or not. Also, get the release version.

I ran into some problems, but all on my end and once I got them sorted out. I've run into no problems and everything works pretty well. The animations line up near prefect, way better than before. I did run into such a tiny problem and it's probably my fault, but the npc will do the undress animation, but I wont and the clothes just come off, but it's pretty much nothing at all and my fault. Great work going on here.

I gave 130 final a (short) try and it seems to work fine. I saw the new expressions on 1 character. Well done!

FNIS warns: >>Warning:  1 non-FNIS behavior files in meshes\character\behaviors. They CAN be the cause of Skyrim incompatibility:<<

0_master.hkx

The 0_master.hkx file was installed today in meshes\actors\character\behaviors, by installing the latest SL framework 130  (or perhaps MatchMaker6, which was installed at the same time ?).

FNIS 4.1 now regenerates the 0_master file now rather than generating it's own bahviors files.  Take a look at the description of FNIS on Nexus and you'll see a note about this change.  It has nothing to do with SexLab itself.  Even if a mod adds a 0_master file like what MOMO acrobatic jump does, running the FNIS generator will rewrite that file - that's why the newest FNIS (4.1) has a patch for MOMO.

0_master.hkx

FNIS 4.1 now regenerates the 0_master file now rather than generating it's own bahviors files.  Take a look at the description of FNIS on Nexus and you'll see a note about this change.  It has nothing to do with SexLab itself.  Even if a mod adds a 0_master file like what MOMO acrobatic jump does, running the FNIS generator will rewrite that file - that's why the newest FNIS (4.1) has a patch for MOMO.

So FNIS 4.1 regenerated (rewrote?) the 0_master file and then gives a warning that it is a non-FNIS behavior file?

Anyway, it is clear that this warning is not related to Sexlab. Thanks for solving that.

From my test 0_master.hkx, don't cause any problem while use FNIS 4.1 with SL 1.30, but if you don't have that file in your behavior folder, you can't play sexlab animation anyway.

But for glittering problem for mouth open during sex scene, I'm not sure that occurred due to SL 1.30 itself or FNIS 4.1 btw, because in SL 1.24, I don't have problem about mouth opening glittering anyway, but for eyebrow and others parts of face, It work well for SL 1.30 btw.

I have a question, and I'm apparently the only one. You said that "NPCs reuse the same voice and can be assigned voices," But I can't figure out how to assign voices to anyone. I've checked all over the MCM menu, and can't find anything. I tried talking to them, thinking it was changed through dialogue. I tried clicking on them in the console, but the only thing that did was bring up facial expression data, and other information. I tried to find the npc through MCM after clicking on them in the console, and still couldn't find an option. Am I missing something? 

I just think it is extremely unusual for a female orc (with muscular texture mods) to sound like she's in japanese hentai (excitable voice.)

So FNIS 4.1 regenerated (rewrote?) the 0_master file and then gives a warning that it is a non-FNIS behavior file?

Anyway, it is clear that this warning is not related to Sexlab. Thanks for solving that.

Actually, for me the ONLY time that warning appears is when using a FNIS mod that includes it's own 0_master.  MOMO acrobatic jump does this.  If you install MOMO, it adds a modified 0_master that has it's animations.  Then when you run FNIS 4.1, it sees that file and pops up the warning.  I don't use any other animation mods that add their own 0_master and I have stopped using MOMO (the new FNIS 0_master rewrite includes a patch for MOMO, but something is off because the animation glitches on the landing of the jump - Fore is aware), so I don't see that warning now.  You probably have a mod that is adding a 0_master file, so FNIS detects it and pops the warning.

[EDIT] also running FNIS multiple times will show the warnings because FNIS regenerates that 0_master.  So even if you don't get the warning with the first FNIS Generator run (complete new install, no mods added that add the 0_master file), you WILL get it each time you run it after the first, because FNIS created it.  Kind of a catch-22...[/EDIT]

Male werewolves need to be scaled down to 1.0 size for the animations to align. Females are 1.0 in vanilla game, males are 1.13 (or 1.3 don't remember), and the animations were made for 1.0 scale. So - fix needed. Werewolves have to be scaled for sex, just like humans/elves.

Actually, for me the ONLY time that warning appears is when using a FNIS mod that includes it's own 0_master.  MOMO acrobatic jump does this.  If you install MOMO, it adds a modified 0_master that has it's animations.  Then when you run FNIS 4.1, it sees that file and pops up the warning.  I don't use any other animation mods that add their own 0_master and I have stopped using MOMO (the new FNIS 0_master rewrite includes a patch for MOMO, but something is off because the animation glitches on the landing of the jump - Fore is aware), so I don't see that warning now.  You probably have a mod that is adding a 0_master file, so FNIS detects it and pops the warning.

[EDIT] also running FNIS multiple times will show the warnings because FNIS regenerates that 0_master.  So even if you don't get the warning with the first FNIS Generator run (complete new install, no mods added that add the 0_master file), you WILL get it each time you run it after the first, because FNIS created it.  Kind of a catch-22...[/EDIT]

Since FNIS re-creates 0_master every time, this check (for 0_master) doesn't make sense any more. I have 4.1.1 ready which will fix that. I'm just waiting for a translator for a localization update. I don't want to make too many minor FNIS versions.

I've been testing IsInFaction & GetFaactionRank in console & in conditionals.

Given an actor with a -2 rank in the SexLab animating faction.

In console, IsInFaction will return 0 when GetFaactionRank == -2.

However, a quest conditional IsInFaction will not equal 0 when GetFaactionRank == -2 and I suspect Papyrus IsInFaction() function the same.

Some development updates on 1.32 that are up on git now:

• Added MCM toggle option for disabling the orgasm effects added by 1.30
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the actors to keep animating after the animation ends due to spamming on the advance stage key
  • Some fixes/tweaks to facial expression handling to help improve in-game consistency
  • Added some new API event hooks
    • ThreadOpened: Sent as soon as a new thread is being initiated
    • ThreadClosed: Sent as soon as the thread has started to clear out its information and reset
    • ThreadExpired: Sent if an opened thread fails to start before timing out
    • If player is present in an animation, threads will now send an additional event with "Player" prepended to it, for example the players animations thread will send both OrgasmEnd and PlayerOrgasmEnd (in addition to OrgasmEnd_<custom hook>). This is to help modders easily target functionality aimed at the player.
  • NPCs and the Player now keep track of the last time they had sex
    • API functions for getting the API functions for getting the seconds, minutes, hours, days, or timer string (aka HH:MM:SS) since they last had sex
    • Available in both game time and real time
    • Added an entry to the MCM Sex Diary/Journal page that displays the amount of in game time since player has last had sex, because fuck it, why not.
  • Actors now track how many times they've had sex, associated API functions also added.

So.. new here.

Two questions is all I ask.

1.) Is there a mod manager akin to Fallout's (FOMM) fro Skyrim? I'm used to that "workflow", if you will, and I've heard horror stories about NMM.

2.) Is there an install guide for Sexlab to get things set up properly for efficient and easy installation and uninstallation of mods?

Some development updates on 1.32 that are up on git now:

• NPCs and the Player now keep track of the last time they had sex
    • API functions for getting the API functions for getting the seconds, minutes, hours, days, or timer string (aka HH:MM:SS) since they last had sex
    • Available in both game time and real time
    • Added an entry to the MCM Sex Diary/Journal page that displays the amount of in game time since player has last had sex, because fuck it, why not.
  • Actors now track how many times they've had sex, associated API functions also added.

Intersting, is NPC/PC data stored with StorageUtil.dll?

If so is it more efficent then using say in game factions to attach number to actor?

I am asking since SLAroused also stores last time had sex for all actors, and I might switch to your API if it is fast.

If so is it more efficent then using say in game factions to attach number to actor?

I am asking since SLAroused also stores last time had sex for all actors, and I might switch to your API if it is fast.

It is using storageutil, I am using factions for a couple other stats, but that was done pre-storageutil and I'll probably switch those to using it over time

I've done some light benchmarks with storageutil and these were my results:

StorageUtil: 

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(none, "CDCRIT", Utility.RandomInt(5243,15534))
Debug.Trace("DEBUG NUM: "+StorageUtil.GetIntValue(none, "CDCRIT"))
Local Var:

Num = Utility.RandomInt(5243,15534)
Debug.Trace("DEBUG NUM: "+Num)
Both were run 7x2500 times, resulting in these results:

// Average seconds to complete 2500 loops over 7 iterations, lower is better
StorageUtil   4.408004
Local Int     4.235962
Slower, which is to be expected, hard to beat the scope of a local variable, but I'd say the difference is pretty negligible considering the benefits. Not to mention having to convert float to int and checking/settings faction ranks would add some overhead to the faction method as well.

So.. new here.

Two questions is all I ask.

1.) Is there a mod manager akin to Fallout's (FOMM) fro Skyrim? I'm used to that "workflow", if you will, and I've heard horror stories about NMM.

2.) Is there an install guide for Sexlab to get things set up properly for efficient and easy installation and uninstallation of mods?

Mod Organizer stores everything in it's own folder then creates a virtual data folder at run time. So it's easy and safe to uninstall mods, but you have to launch applications like TES5Edit and BOSS through MO. Takes a little getting used to, but great when you are used to it. You can create different profiles with different mods installed, so you can switch between stuff quickly.

Sexlab is pretty easy to get installed, but you need to know how to use FNIS. Every time you install or uninstall a mod that uses FNIS for custom animations, you need to run the exe. Other than that, just follow the instructions on the download page (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v131-updated-1220/). You might want to check out the Sexlab Index page too (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19588-sexlab-index/), it has most of the major Sexlab mods listed there.

Can anyone clarify for me whether the death hounds work yet, I thought they would us a dog/wolf animation but they just stand at 180 from character and don't do anything.

I am using the latest GIT build and note that Husky now work flawlessly  :shy:

I would also like to say that with the addition of the h38fh2mf immersive FP, this framework just gets better and better Incredible  :cool: 

It is using storageutil, I am using factions for a couple other stats, but that was done pre-storageutil and I'll probably switch those to using it over time

I've done some light benchmarks with storageutil and these were my results:

StorageUtil: 

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(none, "CDCRIT", Utility.RandomInt(5243,15534))
Debug.Trace("DEBUG NUM: "+StorageUtil.GetIntValue(none, "CDCRIT"))
Local Var:

Num = Utility.RandomInt(5243,15534)
Debug.Trace("DEBUG NUM: "+Num)
Both were run 7x2500 times, resulting in these results:

// Average seconds to complete 2500 loops over 7 iterations, lower is better
StorageUtil   4.408004
Local Int     4.235962
Slower, which is to be expected, hard to beat the scope of a local variable, but I'd say the difference is pretty negligible considering the benefits. Not to mention having to convert float to int and checking/settings faction ranks would add some overhead to the faction method as well.

Thank you, looks very good.

Now I use 3 factions to store large number, with store util .dll it can be done with much less headache.

This framework is still in its infancy, isnt' it?

I keep getting these CTDs and installation games seem to be horrid wherever you go. :(

I'd call it a precocious pre-teen that is a relentless studier ;)

CTD's due to SexLab and it's mods are actually very rare nowadays, in my experience. If you're getting lots of CTD's I'd be looking elsewhere, beginning with ram usage. If you're using a lot of hi-res textures that can cause crashes because stock Skyrim only allows 3.1gb of memory usage, and video memory is mirrored in main memory. Skyrim Performance Monitor help you identify that particular cause.

This framework is still in its infancy, isnt' it?

I keep getting these CTDs and installation games seem to be horrid wherever you go. :(

This is probably the wrong thread to be discussing this, since it's for further development of the framework. Sexlab is pretty stable, but skyrim itself has some limitations on memory. You might want to check if the vanilla game is working fine for you, or your non-sexlab mods. You could try just sexlab and matchmaker (http://www.loverslab...lab-matchmaker/) just to see if animations start up and nothing crashes. Besides what was mentioned about high res textures, too many mods with heavy scripting can cause CTDs also. You can check nexus for mods that reduce CTDs, I found ENBoost helped me quite a bit. If you're still having problems, you can read up on the tech support forum here (http://www.loverslab.com/forum/50-technical-support-sexlab-framework/), and post there if you're sure your CTDs are caused by sexlab.

Edit: Seems I was writing this when you made your last post >.>

I think the "Hey Stud" dialog is from SOS, and only strips the NPC, probably as a quick way to make sure it's working on a female character. Try another mod, like "matchmaker" I linked above or "romance" to test animations.