SexLab Framework Development

There is still the problem with spider/chaurus scaling. I was told many times that those creatures have quite different sizes ingame etc and that makes it difficult, but the point is: currently not a single one of them works for any existing animation. If it can't be fixed, an option to turn off alignment for those creatures only would be very appretiated. Even if only 30% are aligned properly then, that's an increase from 0% to 30%.

I'm currently turning off the crash fix* every time i enter a spider or chaurus cave and on again when i leave, what works somehow, but it's not very comfortable.

*I don't do anything else than turning off the crash fix. That's what messes those creatures up, (not the actor scaling which doesn't fix it either, though), in case this helps to fix it.

the problem is that none of the bugs are "height 1"

FrostbiteSpiderRace base height 0.75

FrostbiteSpiderRaceLarge base height 1.2

FrostbiteSpiderRaceGiant base height 1.9

ChaurusRace base height 0.65

ChaurusReaperRace base height 1.0 < the only "height 1" bug

DLC1ChaurusHunterRace base height 0.69

the scale of your player character will offset things as well, adding to the problem.

so "even actor heights" wont work because it will make the bugs "height 1",

and turning it off wont help because then the player's character may not be "height 1".

your best bet is to play around with the "setscale" console command.

I've tried with scaling to 1, and it seems to be fine. I've turned the crash fix (which DOES scaling) off, and then it also seems at least good enough to use some alignment hotkeys and it looks good enough. But with crash fix activated sexlab makes the scaling much worse than the vanilla scaling for all of them, no matter if the vanilla sizes would or would not fit, to a size where alignment is useless, and imo this is the problem. 

The mod that usually triggers sex with those things in my games is Defeat, and usually i try not to lose those fights, but difficulty is high enough that it happens. Setscale is no solution if that means i have to run through the whole cave in godmode first, scale everything, then running back to start and pretend it never happened. That's not how i want to play the game.

I've already mentioned a much better workaround: turn crash fixes off in caves with those creatures. It's uncomfortable, though. And i turn it on again when i leave, because i want scaling for everything else, it's nice to have if it works properly.

I don't understand why sexlab can't just scale them to size 1, but if there is no way to scale them properly via sexlab, i can live with that. But please, if that's the case, stop changing them at all or make it optionally for those only. 

I will give you a picture, i hope that will make it clearer:

first picture: left is chaurus scaled to 1, right is chaurus with vanilla size.

post-960091-0-75768400-1496175693_thumb.jpg

second picture: scaled to one, standing in front

post-960091-0-09045900-1496175827_thumb.jpg

third picture: sexlab scaling, standing at the same place as in picture 2.

post-960091-0-05974900-1496176089_thumb.jpg

Am i the only one who recognizes a not so slightly difference here? I don't know. Maybe it's something in my game, but it's like that since... sexlab 1.61 i think? I've started a lot of games with different mods since then, and it was always like this.

*edit: as far as i get it, sexlab scales everything to the height of a ChaurusReaperRace. Which is pointless, because no animations are made for them/that size. They are made for ChaurusRace. So if sexlab would just exclude Chaurus from scaling, ChaurusReapers would still look bad, but they aren't that often, and probably 90% of my encounters would look nice.

Spiders are more difficult because there are 3 sizes and animations for 2 sizes, the normal and the giant one, but again the worst possible solution: it scales everything to the size of large spiders (or probably 1, not that much difference), where not a single existing animation fits. Exclude them from scaling and the worst case that can happen is that i have to switch the animation.

*edit2: if your values are correct, the probably best solution would be to scale all Chaurus to height 0.67, the middle between normal chaurus and chaurus hunter. Still close enough to make it fit with some small alignments.

using "Setscale 1" on something that has a default base height of 0.65 will just reset it to base height 0.65, not the true "Setscale 1"

SexLab's "even actor heights" setting will set the base height as 1 (the real Setscale 1), but using "Setscale 1" will still reset it to 0.65.

so to make a base height 0.65 actor a "true Setscale 1" with the console commands you would need to enter "Setscale 1.5384"

edit1: i made a animation for the Chaurus Reaper, that is the default size they are imported as into 3DS Max.

edit2: and the Chaurus Hunter is the flying one.

using "Setscale 1" on something that has a default base height of 0.65 will just reset it to base height 0.65, not the true "Setscale 1"

SexLab's "even actor heights" setting will set the base height as 1 (the real Setscale 1), but using "Setscale 1" will still reset it to 0.65.

so to make a base height 0.65 actor a "true Setscale 1" with the console commands you would need to enter "Setscale 1.5384"

edit: and the Chaurus Hunter is the flying one.

Yes, but i have the feeling you're missing the point. i do NOT want the real setscale height, it doesn't make any sense to use it on chaurus because it will fuck up all existing animations to a level beyond repair.

ALL existing animations are made for a chaurus size of 0.65 height, 0.69 for the flying chaurus hunter. I don't care about chaurus having a real height of one or whatever, i want the animations looking like something that might possibly work. That's impossible if sexlab scales them up to 2 times the size the animations were made for, at this point it really doesn't matter if my character has a height of 0.9 or 1.1 and how much i change the alignment, it will still look fucked up.

*edit: it would make sense to scale down chaurus reapers to .65. That's why i suggested to scale all chaurus to 0.67, it's close enough to both normal chaurus and chaurus hunters, and all animations would look fine for everything, at least with player characters with a height of one and maybe some alignment fixes. 

i'm not missing the point, i'm trying to explain how the scale/height system works, it's not a straight and forward thing.

there ARE animations for both Chaurus and Chaurus Reaper available.

as for the one chaurus hunter animation, the animation alternates between 0.69 and 1, so one scale will not work for it anyways.

a 0.1 scale difference = a 10% offset in the animation, and that 10% can be equivalent to one foot (depending on how far away the animation is from the root node).

i'm not missing the point, i'm trying to explain how the scale/height system works, it's not a straight and forward thing.

there ARE animations for both Chaurus and Chaurus Reaper available.

as for the one chaurus hunter animation, the animation alternates between 0.69 and 1, so one scale will not work for it anyways.

a 0.1 scale difference = a 10% offset in the animation, and that 10% can be equivalent to one foot (depending on how far away the animation is from the root node).

Ok, i've missed some SLAL pack updates i guess, anubs new pack has indeed animations for Chaurus Reaper. My bad, i apologize. 

Not sure what you mean that the Chaurus Hunter animation alternates, without scaling some stages need some alignment, but then they all work fine. With scaling some stages can still look good after some alignment, but some can't.

Something i don't get exactly: you mentioned

FrostbiteSpiderRace base height 0.75

FrostbiteSpiderRaceLarge base height 1.2

FrostbiteSpiderRaceGiant base height 1.9

ChaurusRace base height 0.65

ChaurusReaperRace base height 1.0 < the only "height 1" bug

DLC1ChaurusHunterRace base height 0.69

I thought the problem is that they have the same race, just different names? Or is there a difference between CK and console?

When i click at them in console, Chaurus and Chaurus Reaper both have Chaurus race, while Chaurus Hunter has ChaurusHunter as race, so it should already be possible to make a difference betwen those, right? We don't have to deal with the flying ones together with the other two.

I don't really care which size they have in any tool*, but that there are animations for both sizes now makes a difference i guess. I would still prefer if sexlab doesn't handle their size at all and i switch animations depending on what fits (instead of setscale), but that's personal taste and if that's the reason you disagree, i get it.

It's still a point for spiders, though. Currently it does not matter which size the spiders are ingame, it will always look bad. If sexlab stops to scale them, it will look bad for large spiders only. Imho 2/3 of all spiders working by default is better than 0/3, and i don't understand why everyone wants to argue about that. 

It's not like anybody is working on animations for those that rely on a true height of 1 either.

Tl;dr:

All i want to have are some animations that look good, at least after some alignment. There are animations, but the sexlab scaling makes it impossible to look good. I think that's not what it is supposed to do, so i report it as a problem. If sexlab stops scaling them it will still happen that it doesn't fit, but it would be happen much less often and that's an improvement from my point of view.

*edit: that sounds pretty ignorant. The point is: i'm not working on animations for them, and afaik nobody is. So for me it's important how the existing animations look ingame, because that is what i have and it's not that likely that i'll ever get anything else.

snip...

Anyway, skyrim NPCs do love their quiver/bolt so much, considering we can stripped down all of their gear from head to toe through stripping settings but not quiver & bolt. I'm aware there isn't bodyslot for quiver & bolt which make them undetected, but there must be a way to strip them right ? maybe something like AUA did for player.

For quiver/bolt is actualy easy.

Here my example by use Formtypes: attachicon.gifexample.psc

Is this faster than equipping a known bolt and then unequipping it?

Not sure what you mean that the Chaurus Hunter animation alternates, without scaling some stages need some alignment, but then they all work fine. With scaling some stages can still look good after some alignment, but some can't.

the last stage in that animation was made for scale 1 for some unknown reason.

Something i don't get exactly: you mentioned

I thought the problem is that they have the same race, just different names? Or is there a difference between CK and console?

When i click at them in console, Chaurus and Chaurus Reaper both have Chaurus race, while Chaurus Hunter has ChaurusHunter as race, so it should already be possible to make a difference betwen those, right? We don't have to deal with the flying ones together with the other two.

I don't really care which size they have in any tool*, but that there are animations for both sizes now makes a difference i guess. I would still prefer if sexlab doesn't handle their size at all and i switch animations depending on what fits (instead of setscale), but that's personal taste and if that's the reason you disagree, i get it.

It's still a point for spiders, though. Currently it does not matter which size the spiders are ingame, it will always look bad. If sexlab stops to scale them, it will look bad for large spiders only. Imho 2/3 of all spiders working by default is better than 0/3, and i don't understand why everyone wants to argue about that. 

It's not like anybody is working on animations for those that rely on a true height of 1 either.

no, they all count as a different race but share sexlab animations between them, the scaling is just a part of the problem that is going on.

post-71862-0-36732800-1496249412_thumb.jpg

Chaurus and Chaurus Reaper in same animation pool
    ClearRaceKey("Chaurus")
    AddRaceID("Chaurus", "ChaurusRace")
    AddRaceID("Chaurus", "ChaurusReaperRace")
    AddRaceID("Chaurus", "DLC1_BF_ChaurusRace")

small spider on its own (like they all should be)
    ClearRaceKey("Spiders")
    AddRaceID("Spiders", "FrostbiteSpiderRace")
    AddRaceID("Spiders", "_00ChaurusCrawlerRace")
    AddRaceID("Spiders", "_00DwarvenSpiderBoltRace")
    AddRaceID("Spiders", "_00DwarvenSpiderFireRace")
    AddRaceID("Spiders", "_00SkeletonSpiderRace")

large and Giant Spiders in same animation pool
    ClearRaceKey("LargeSpiders")
    AddRaceID("LargeSpiders", "FrostbiteSpiderRaceGiant")
    AddRaceID("LargeSpiders", "FrostbiteSpiderRaceLarge")
    AddRaceID("LargeSpiders", "_00ChaurusCrawlerRaceGiant")
    AddRaceID("LargeSpiders", "_00ChaurusCrawlerRaceLarge")

truth be told i think the bug races would be better off if they were removed form SexLab and re-added to MNC & SLAL, it wont fix the re-scaling problem but it would fix the pool problem.

the last stage in that animation was made for scale 1 for some unknown reason.

Well, at least after some alignment it doesn't look to bad for a small size too, while the giant cocks from normal chaurus clip through my whole toon no matter what.

truth be told i think the bug races would be better off if they were removed form SexLab and re-added to MNC & SLAL, it wont fix the re-scaling problem but it would fix the pool problem.

It would help in a sense that 

-Chaurus Reapers play the animations for height 1 and

-normal Chaurus the animations for scale 0.65.

If they are excluded from scaling at all and managed by MNC that would be the best solution i think. Although i admit, now that i actually have some animations for the big Chaurus, i don't mind it that much anymore. I can just disable the others, thanks for pointing out that there are some animations for them. :)

For spiders, would it be possible via SL/MNC/patch/own mod to make all large spiders either normal or giant spiders? Than this would work for them as well. I have a patch somewhere that pretends to remove all large spiders, but it doesn't work... not sure if it ever did, i think it was a patch for SL 1.60 or something.

snip...

Anyway, skyrim NPCs do love their quiver/bolt so much, considering we can stripped down all of their gear from head to toe through stripping settings but not quiver & bolt. I'm aware there isn't bodyslot for quiver & bolt which make them undetected, but there must be a way to strip them right ? maybe something like AUA did for player.

For quiver/bolt is actualy easy.

Here my example by use Formtypes: attachicon.gifexample.psc

Is this faster than equipping a known bolt and then unequipping it?

Yes it is faster because you do not have to open a menu and it also works for NPC's.
In principle the same as for other items in Sexlab - weapons, armors etc.
The difference is only that there is no slot for quiver / bolts - therefore form type.
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there currently any way to make the "E" activate prompt (visible when you have an activatable in your crosshair) disappear when a sex scene starts? I know there was an add-on Sexlab mod by Ashal which used to do that, but I forget the name, and when I used it in my current playthrough it disabled the free camera. Thanks!

I actually never animated chaurus reaper and i dont intend too, All my anims are for normal chaurus.

technically speaking the Chaurus Reaper is the normal one, it's just that the small ones are used more in game.

I actually never animated chaurus reaper and i dont intend too, All my anims are for normal chaurus.

technically speaking the Chaurus Reaper is the normal one, it's just that the small ones are used more in game.

Thats true, what i meant is that i aligned all my animation to the small variant.

Is there currently any way to make the "E" activate prompt (visible when you have an activatable in your crosshair) disappear when a sex scene starts? I know there was an add-on Sexlab mod by Ashal which used to do that, but I forget the name, and when I used it in my current playthrough it disabled the free camera. Thanks!

I think you may have a mod that causes it to be visible, default is not visible.

Ashal. Maybe this was spoken already... Sorry
It would be nice to join 'Dogs' and 'Wolves' with 'Canines' race key. So animations will be not registered twice. Of course with leaving old 'Dogs', 'Wolves' as is, because we have some animations for particular Dog/Wolf's skeletons.
I'm using this 'joining' in my edited SexLab and all works fine both for dogs and wolves.

Also
function AddPositionStage(int Position, string AnimationEvent, float forward = 0.0, float side = 0.0, float up = 0.0, float rotate = 0.0, bool silent = false, bool openmouth = false, bool strapon = true, int sos = 0)
set strapon by default FALSE and in UseStrapon will not take into account CumSource.
Try to explain. At least we have Anubs Futa animation (I hope will be more Futa animations). With registering as
    int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Female, Vaginal)
    Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Anubs_futa1_a1_s1", silent = true, openmouth = true, strapon = true)
Strapon will be NEVER equipped.

As for male positions, i see in most of SLAL packs strapon=true is set (automatically?) for every PositionStage. So I see no problems.

Kind Regards.

It would be nice to join 'Dogs' and 'Wolves' with 'Canines' race key. So animations will be not registered twice. Of course with leaving old 'Dogs', 'Wolves' as is, because we have some animations for particular Dog/Wolf's skeletons.

i already did that with MNCv10.1:

AddRaceID("Canines", "DogRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DogCompanionRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "MG07DogRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DA03BarbasDogRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DLC1HuskyArmoredCompanionRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DLC1HuskyArmoredRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DLC1HuskyBareCompanionRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DLC1HuskyBareRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DwemmydograceIris")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "AKDogDraugrRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "WolfRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DLC1DeathHoundCompanionRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "DLC1DeathHoundRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "_00AspectRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "FoxRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "00HyenaRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "00DracoRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "I5KDraugrDogRace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "00drakerace")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "mihailpoisondograce")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "SalamanderRACE")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "EQ145_Bonehound_attacks")
        AddRaceID("Canines", "BoTHellhoundRace")

The scaling bug with crash prevention enabled isn't limited to just chaurus and spiders. It's happened with wolves, foxes, and npc with a scale other than 1. (khajiit females, nords, woodelves, bretons, orcs, high elves) The easiest way to see the results is to start a scene with your character and an npc of the same gender and race. If at the end they remain the same height, no foul, but if the height is different, you've experienced the bug.

The crash prevention disables scaling by sexlab which is a good thing, so I believe that the scaling is being done by the animation chosen itself. So maybe a method to prevent the animations from setting the scale that was used to create them. Otherwise there may need to be a seperate copy of each animation for each and every race that can use that animation, and that would bloat the download size and workload for animators, so the first solution would be a better implementation, if possible.

Anyhow I really enjoy all of the mods and animations currently in my load order. Have a nice day wonderful modders.

i already did that with MNCv10.1...

Thanks, MagMansGun, that you accepted/sharing my thoughts discussed in MNC thread.

But SexLab is BASE and this must be done in SexLab itself. MNC, BDIC must expand SexLab's functionality, but not improve. ;)

Kind Regards

I think you may have a mod that causes it to be visible, default is not visible.

Hmmm only ones I can think of are SkyUI and iHUD, I'll fiddle around with those. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats true, what i meant is that i aligned all my animation to the small variant.

Now i'm not sure if i mixed something up, but it seems that you even accidently did something that i considered impossible: create chaurus animations which don't look weird for both sizes? I didn't try your animations with small chaurus, but in the end i have what i was hoping for: chaurus animations without clipping and crash fixes activated. :)

So, thanks.  :heart:

I don't know if it's too late to consider something like this for the next release, but one feature that would be very nice would the ability to remember the SexLab voice by vanilla voice type instead of remembering specifically for that NPC.

For example, right now I have SexLab set to remember the assigned voice for every NPC individually and it works, but requires a lot of annoying micromanagement. The first time you have sex with an NPC, if the voice you want didn't get randomly assigned you have to go into the MCM and set the voice you want.

This whole process would be far more hassle-free if there was an option to remember SL voice by vanilla voice type, for example:

If you set a female even-toned NPC (like Lydia) to SL Average, all female even-toned NPCs in the future will get assigned SL Average.

If you set a female commander NPC (like Aela) to SL Breathy, all female commander NPCs in the future will get assigned SL Breathy.

Etc.

After a handful of times setting voices, you'll never have to worry about it again. Would especially be helpful with regards to generic NPCs like bandits and guards.

Quoting because my idea is different, but if both can be combined it would be great.

I'd like to set different voice types for victim/agressor which are always used if it's rape, and exclude those voices for all consensual acts.

By combining both i mean: setting more than one voice for agressors and victims each, depending on their vanilla voice type.

One dumb question.

SexLab system have any public events or callbacks for other mods to use. For example, for Mood Mod, i want to increase character happiness after sex. Is it difficult to make a patch for this purpose?

The Sexlab Framework has a large number of events that you can subscribe to. The API is documented in the SexlabFramework.psc file installed with the framework, for what you are wanting to do look for the section about "Hooks".