Jerbsinator

"What are you playing" thread

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

game truly shines as a multiplayer experience

I can believe this would be good with friends or other 'casuals'. Although from reading some to try and get an inside track on the game after playing it enough to get my feet good and wet - I saw the majority of posts seemed to be written by many 13 year old elite-ists. Don't do this or you suck. Don't do that or you suck. Too many players suck. That's suck equipment. That's a suck class. You suck at playing your class. Yes, a whole lotta suck....

Perhaps like a lot of things, this 'loud' posing is just a very small group making a lot of noise, but since I hadn't reached a point where I 'needed' help, I've never been able to corroborate my suspicions. Needless to say, just reading the forums was draining.

Before my saves vanished - I had been trying to use the glaive, and felt competent. After having to restart I switched to a bow. Seems I was rolling and avoiding no matter what, so at least the bow allowed attacks from a distance.

6 minutes ago, landess said:

I can believe this would be good with friends or other 'casuals'. Although from reading some to try and get an inside track on the game after playing it enough to get my feet good and wet - I saw the majority of posts seemed to be written by many 13 year old elite-ists. Don't do this or you suck. Don't do that or you suck. Too many players suck. That's suck equipment. That's a suck class. You suck at playing your class. Yes, a whole lotta suck....

Perhaps like a lot of things, this 'loud' posing is just a very small group making a lot of noise, but since I hadn't reached a point where I 'needed' help, I've never been able to corroborate my suspicions. Needless to say, just reading the forums was draining.

Before my saves vanished - I had been trying to use the glaive, and felt competent. After having to restart I switched to a bow. Seems I was rolling and avoiding no matter what, so at least the bow allowed attacks from a distance.

One can always sort out the riff-raff with the Steam Block feature if they get to be too much of an annoyance. They might be the minority by far but there are enough of them where I am sure that they would be a deterrent for newer players to actually 'Git Gud' before being driven off by all of their elite 'Tisms.

There are enough well socialized sorts in the player base that I've actually had to delete Guild Cards to make room for new ones (usually from players who have not been active for a few months), though.

11 hours ago, landess said:

It's quite odd the 'explorer' in me wasn't captivated by the level design. Instead a lot of it makes my 'brain hurt' for lack of a better term. Beautiful game - interesting premise - story is functional - characters are typical Japanese console fodder - 'Monsters' really are the heart of the game as they and the environments are top-shelf.

Yet I too found myself less than motivated. I went back to play it recently after several months off and I had no valid save - I had to start over! Granted I had already 'made it' to the 2nd continent/biome and was just getting started there but this really slowed my interest - I think I only got 2 more play sessions in and it sits. Meanwhile all the talk and news is about the expansion I never bought.

>>> Upcoming movie doesn't look like it'll make any new gamers either.....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I myself have been messing with a couple odd little Indie games in between sessions of the larger AAA offerings:

Night of Revenge - And I'm NOT a side-scrolling fan - I guess it's true, just add sex......

Reveal hidden contents

I kind of get it. There isn't much of a go and kill things simplicity of other games and can even feel grindy at times.

I checked out the Night of Revenge. As silly as it sounds the asymmetrical skirt on the main character makes me feel like Kid from the anime Soul Eater. If you know what I mean.

Spoiler

Death_the_Kid_funny_XD_by_Shimarisu808.j

It's been a slow period in gaming.  So I ended up spending all weekend modding Skyrim SE from scratch.

Spoiler

1475917013_489830_20201115060613_1-Copy.png.bddb84603a99f0caf959ef57b8ed1adb.png

Hah, Finally got around to finishing DOOM 2016 - That only took 3 years. Hard drive space is forcing me to begin clearing my backlog.

I keep looking at the 150GB RDR2 - finished 2 play through's and trying to decided if that needs to go as well.

Now I'm looking at Shadow of Mordor, Hitman 2, Devil May Cry 5, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and FF XV. All these have been sitting there for some time waiting on me to get off my ass and make some progress. I need a time lock on the Steam store for at least 6 months.... 

Came across something called Project Wingman, an Ace Combat style unrealistic flight shooter, that should be releasing in a couple of weeks.

Lower budget production than AC, as evidenced by the rampant AKA-47, but seems to actually play somewhat better. Also VR and ultra-wide support, that AC7 PC does not have. It does have VR on PS4, but it's just a mini-campaign.

Metric fuckton of missiles, giant flying things called "cruisers", more kills on a single mission than in the real world's all air battles put together, all the good stuff.

Try the (very old) demo:

https://rb-d2.itch.io/wingman

Skyrim SE

Whiterun Guard: "You must be that new Companion.  So you, what - fetch the mead?"

My response:

Spoiler

1356632646_489830_20201123041734_1-Copy.png.fc58198394226fb2bd129a0f3b184f23.png