I think I know why Astymma said he wanted to rewrite it ;).

Oh god YES. When I had to stop modding for a while... well I still can't really... this mod was in a VERY beta state. It hasn't been optimized at all. It could benefit a LOT from new NVSE functionality. It needs to be moved away from spells completely to a state machine that just babysits actor positions and alters the NX vars only without directly attaching script to actor refs via spells. Just one quest as a manager and one quest as a positioner. Simpler... less prone to interference.

• 2 months later...

It only works if Positioning is working, some mods prevent Positioning from working,

especially those that trigger sequential sex acts without reestablishing full player

controls. So, with a mod like Soliciting, when Round-the World tricks are happening,

is being used, only the first sex act will work with Positioning reliably. The 2nd act will

allow Positioning to work for about 2 or 3 seconds; after that WTF errors occur,

and the controls and timer will stop functioning for the duration of that sex act.

Any mod that triggers back to back sex acts will do the same thing to Positioning.

The Positioning quest vars GameMode script needs to run 3 times (10-15 second delay) after a sex act finishes to clean up. If another sex act begins before this happens, it will fail.

Fixed by reseting vars immediately via calling "ResetAllVariables SexoutPosQVars" from the monitor script, just before it dispels.

(The QVar 'iDebug' is no longer used (it would now get reset), so I switched to using NVSE's Debug Mode functions instead).

----

In short: Positioning should now works for acts starting immediately after another.

Give this version a try.

SexoutPositioning-Odessa-February-6-2015.7z

Thanks Odessa.  I love this mod because it's so useful and comes in handy when things don't exactly line up.  I did find that half the time though, the option wasn't working to line things up and therefore you'd just have to wait it out and hope next time worked a charm.  This is great! 

The Positioning quest vars GameMode script needs to run 3 times (10-15 second delay) after a sex act finishes to clean up. If another sex act begins before this happens, it will fail.

Fixed by reseting vars immediately via calling "ResetAllVariables SexoutPosQVars" from the monitor script, just before it dispels.

(The QVar 'iDebug' is no longer used (it would now get reset), so I switched to using NVSE's Debug Mode functions instead).

----

In short: Positioning should now works for acts starting immediately after another.

Give this version a try.

Yeppers thx you very much, this is great now, it actually works. Astymma, was very right to see the need for this mod, and begin its work, I was very sad that it was not working for me, but now it is. Thx you both, for getting a mod to work that was sorely needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work!

But I wonder will it remember the modified position in some way so I won't have to move the character everytime?

And will it have the funtion of rotating character in the furture?

You know some animations face dislocation in a certain mod bodytype, position must be adjusted.

Or maybe I have to learn how to use the complex mod tools?

• 1 month later...

@CK: The one I uploaded last works for all anims and has no bugs that I am aware of. The OP version has a bug where it will fail for any second/third acts that happen soon after a first.

@Abadubsnuba: For some reason the numpad keys don't work. I can see about added an MCM menu to change keys, although Pillars of Eternity came out today ;).

New Version

- Added MCM menu that allows customization of controls, speed and debug mode.

- Fix for bug where reseting actor positions could teleport you somewhere whack. This might have been introduced by me in last version.

Not extensively tested, so please report any issues.

---

Future: Refactor all code into a new version 2 plugin. Add ability to save/load/export offsets for animations. Investigate possibility of adding rotational adjustments.

SexoutPositioning-Odessa-Update--March-30-2015.7z

WIP/Alpha - Sexout Positioning 2.0

Work in progress, requires testing.

Working:

- From scratch remake of Astymma's plugin, I kept his math at the core, but redesigned the whole system to take advantage of NVSE4 (reducing ~1200 lines of code to 189 ;))

- Includes all features of previous plugin, including the MCM I added.

- Added rotational adjustments on Z-axis.

- Added key to toggle between normal/fast movement speed.

- Better info messages.

Partial..

- Added ability to save and load offsets on a per-animation basis. The save/load scripting works, but I think I have a logic error in the math, so loaded offsets don't always match what you saved. (Requires Sexout '93 beta, using 'save' without will probably give console errors)

- Rotation on X/Y-axis code present, but requires update on sexout side. Keys are not bindable.

Controls - defaults to the num pad, but customizable in MCM:

Movement:
'Y-axis': Forward (Num 8) / Backward (Num 2)
'X-axis': Left (Num 4) / Right (Num 6)
'Z-axis': Up (Num 9 'PgUp') / Down (Num 3 'PgDn')

Rotation:
'Z-axis': Clockwise (Num 7) / Anti (Num 1)

Other:
'Fast Mode Toggle':  (Num 5)
'Select Next Actor': (Num /)
'Select All Actors': (Num *)
'Pause Timer':       (Num 0)
'Reset All':         (Num . 'Del')
'Save Offsets':      (Num +)
'Load Offsets':      (Num -)

SexoutPositioning-New--WIP--April-4-2015.7z

(Don't load the old and new versions at same time... Requires NVSE 4.5.7+, Saving offsets requires Sexout '93 beta5 or later, the rest might work with earlier versions- untested)

post-158171-0-04657900-1428063384_thumb.jpg

(Rotation let's you fix the broken oral/vaginal 3-some animations :))

EDIT: New version with MCM speed setting fixed.

---

@xXDeliteXx: Try this version, or the V1 update above. The OP version is buggy.

So far so good with the new Sexout Positioning 2.0 Alpha, the introduction of rotation is great.

​Some bugs I got in the previous version seem to be gone, such as countless "WTF" messages and glitches as to Up and Down adjustment.

Swappable hotkey options for those that like the original controls.

Now just to wait patiently for Sexout Pos Switch to be fixed/updated with the latest SexoutNG Beta as it no longer functions as it did.

It was a great companion mod to use with Sexout Positioning.

My first comment; the switch to the number pad is a terrible move, ergonomically, unless

you jerk off with your left hand. Sorry to be so blunt, but having to reach across the keyboard with

your left arm gets uncomfortable very quickly and is a boner-killer. The numpad controls are

the primary thing I hated about Sexlab and a big part of the reason I won't use it.

The first time I used the new version, the adjustment speed was too fast. I tried adjusting it

in the  MCM and the speed went so high that  I rocketed out of the cell and disappeared.

I reloaded and the speed worked normally (the old way) after that

Reliability seems good, so far. There is a glitch carried over from previous versions, where

the offset adjustments go out of whack if you go out of camera view. This may be related to

specific animations.

The rotation worked well, it could prove useful for making 'new' animations on the fly.

Thanks for your continued attention to this utility.

Okay, I fixed MCM speed slider- added download to post above.

What do you mean by going out of camera view?

@7Keys: Position changing is currently broken in sexout '93 beta, because animations no longer depend on inventory tokens. I'll investigate adding it to v2 when its fixed.

The use of NumPad keys to control the movements is a big problem for me because i'm using A.J.' s Little Animation Tool that has the same keys mapped.

The first time I tried this new Positioning, I laughed on the roof because, trying to move my PC, she started to sensually dance. :)

I needed to remap all keys on the old ones (numbers in the main keyboard's section).

Of course this is only a note. No critics intended.

My character shot out of the cell and into the void, and 'shot' is not an overstatement.

I couldn't tell where she wound up, I just jaw her move vertically at an extremely high

rate of speed and then vanish. 'To infinity and beyond!....'

This was after i fiddled with the MCM slider.

Okay, I fixed MCM speed slider- added download to post above.

What do you mean by going out of camera view?

@7Keys: Position changing is currently broken in sexout '93 beta, because animations no longer depend on inventory tokens. I'll investigate adding it to v2 when its fixed.

@Panthercom

This normally happens at the end of sex act only if you have used manually a TCL command. At least, this happened to me when I tried (before this mod) to correct the position of both actors at the same time because they were, for example, a bit "sunk" into the terrain because not flat. Not restoring the tcl console command before they finish, lead to this strange shot in the infinity thing.

This happens also on game reload if, for some reason, your game crashed in the middle of a sex act. The player will be "shot" in the sky or in the middle of nowhere, ragdolling like a crazy flipper ball.