{UPDATE - 2014 July 06} Teen Monli Race

Hello Etna

The bodies are not TBBP-compatible so there will not be any butt bounce.  Once I release the next, major update(s), I can free up some time to work on some TBBP bodies.

The updates will be in increments and expect something this week.  Since BodyChanger has been "officially" released, I'm working on a way to include both UNP and CBBE bodies and all of the textures sets.

This looks so awesome. I've a couple of questions:

- Does this work parallel with CotS ?

- Is there or will there be an NPC plugin ? I'd like to have these around the world, and/or as followers.

Hello Endy

I don't have CotS installed so I don't know.  I'll most like wait until I have the Monli npc replacers done and then do some testing.

Butt bounce!? These little ones don't have butts! >.>

The little ones, no, but I'm tweaking the Venus body for a teen Monli so they will have TBBP bodies.  The "teen" Monli will be about the same height as the vanilla children while the "child" Monli will be smaller.

Also, but don't quote me on this, I will be using hairs by HelloSanta and Lux77.  I got their permission to use their hairs for the Monli and Girls of Tera.

Seems like the weapons being far away from the hip problem I mentioned earlier is kinda dependent on the armor used. I first started using Forsworn armor, and swords and axes were WAY off the hip. Then I was using Hunter armor with daggers, and there's a noticeable gap between the sheathed blade and the hip, but not too bad. Trying some other armors, the sheathed dagger is cleanly on the hip. I'm not using swords or axes, but those all seem to be wayyy off the hip when they aren't drawn.

Also, is it a vanilla thing not to see two daggers on your hips? When I put them away, only one shows up sheathed on the hip. It would be awesome if this mod supported the XP32 dual-sheath on the lower back setting.

this mod keeps making my skyrim crash as i open it i will link a picture of all the mods i use please tell me if there is any that dont work with others also the mods that are ticked are the active ones when it crashes. I either think i installed them in the wrong process or that i shouldn't use nexus mod manager and do it the manual way because i use a lot of mods and first time this has happened

http://imgur.com/Qy94QcL,ddyGd6J#0

http://imgur.com/Qy94QcL,ddyGd6J#1

sorry for the 2 seperate pics hope its not confusing  thx in advance

1 last thing when i switch all the mods from the first page of this forum off, my skyrim works just fine. Sorry for the stupid questions new to skyrim on PC been playing on xbox and ps3 for like ever just got the legendary edition recently like 2 weeks and omg i love mods!!! i really want to make a cute monli character

Seems like the weapons being far away from the hip problem I mentioned earlier is kinda dependent on the armor used. I first started using Forsworn armor, and swords and axes were WAY off the hip. Then I was using Hunter armor with daggers, and there's a noticeable gap between the sheathed blade and the hip, but not too bad. Trying some other armors, the sheathed dagger is cleanly on the hip. I'm not using swords or axes, but those all seem to be wayyy off the hip when they aren't drawn.

Also, is it a vanilla thing not to see two daggers on your hips? When I put them away, only one shows up sheathed on the hip. It would be awesome if this mod supported the XP32 dual-sheath on the lower back setting.

Wait for the first update.  I will be including a non-TBBP, ECE-compatible, Dual Sheath Redux-compatible skeleton.  You will need to install Dual Sheath Redux to allow for dual-sheathing and shield on back.

The vanilla skeleton never was meant to display dual-sheaths even though you dual-wield.

I'm looking into other mods like Armed to the Teeth and Chesko and may make custom Monli skeletons for them.

this mod keeps making my skyrim crash as i open it i will link a picture of all the mods i use please tell me if there is any that dont work with others also the mods that are ticked are the active ones when it crashes. I either think i installed them in the wrong process or that i shouldn't use nexus mod manager and do it the manual way because i use a lot of mods and first time this has happened

1 last thing when i switch all the mods from the first page of this forum off, my skyrim works just fine. Sorry for the stupid questions new to skyrim on PC been playing on xbox and ps3 for like ever just got the legendary edition recently like 2 weeks and omg i love mods!!! i really want to make a cute monli character

Hello Facehugger89

This first thing that comes to mind is to deactivate or remove CuteDesigns.esp as this is only for the Ashen race.  The Monli only uses CuteDesigns.bsa.

Also, when posting load order, you need to show the master file/plugin list.  This will show what is actually installed and their load order.

Another thing to keep in mind is that RaceMenu is not truly compatible with ECE.  If you are having problems with face morphs not working or constantly reseting, use the ECE sliders from RaceMenu.  If still having problems, uninstalling RaceMenu tends to fix the face morph issues.

Hello Facehugger89

This first thing that comes to mind is to deactivate or remove CuteDesigns.esp as this is only for the Ashen race.  The Monli only uses CuteDesigns.bsa.

Also, when posting load order, you need to show the master file/plugin list.  This will show what is actually installed and their load order.

Another thing to keep in mind is that RaceMenu is not truly compatible with ECE.  If you are having problems with face morphs not working or constantly reseting, use the ECE sliders from RaceMenu.  If still having problems, uninstalling RaceMenu tends to fix the face morph issues.

thats that did the trick works fine now

Hi PsychoMachina

First of all, I love your race mods (Monli and, recently "discovered", New Elin race, which I'm using since a few weeks now). In my (humble) opinion, they're the best to create teen-ish characters. I've been playing Skyrim since release (well, actually, since 3 days before official release, I got it earlier) on PS3 and after playing over 600 hours (or so, lol), I thought I had seen it all. So, just out of curiosity, I thought I'd have a look at what all those mods were about for the PC version. Lol, bad idea (not really), 'cause I've switched to playing Skyrim on PC since a few months (first time playing a game on PC), although with my PS3 controller, just can't (rather don't want to) play with mouse and keyboard. And it's like rediscovering Skyrim.

Anyway, I have 2 questions. I had to learn everything about mods from scratch, with a lot of trial and error, but I got the hang of it now. So, what I was wondering:

- Is it possible to get the vampire look (red eyes, fangs, etc) on the Monli/Elin race? As far as I can tell, vampirism in itself works on the races, but I just can't make her look like a vampire. I do have the mod "Female Vampires Have Fangs" installed, but it seems she doesn't take over these fangs, and there's no 'Mouth' folder in the Monli folder. Should I just make one myself and copy the 'mouthhumanfchargen.tri' to it, or is there just no way to give her fangs?

- Why do I CTD when I un-equip armor (doesn't happen with boots, gauntlets or helms) from my Young Monli character (the one from this topic)? I like to un-equip armor parts before equipping new ones (it's an immersion thing, you know, lol), but when I do that with the armor itself (basically going topless, lol), I CTD. Now, it's not a big issue, because now I just skip this step and just replace armor without un-equipping it first, but there's still that annoying question in my head: "why?", lol.

So far, I believe I can rule out Texture relation, because I've tried different ones, to no avail. It might be a f*ck-up on my part, although I'm pretty meticulous when downloading and installing mods (I prefer doing it all manually, it's more controllable). I did create 2 separate folders when downloading the files (one for non-TBBP version, one for TBBP version, although not using TBBP). Maybe, in all my 'stonedness' (lol), I accidently downloaded the TBBP version twice.

So I wanted to know if you know what else might cause this, before I start reinstalling everything (if I do). Like I said, it's no big deal, it's more the fact that I can't find an answer to the question. Because apart from that, it works perfectly, I'm very happy with my new character, she's so adorable, especially with her giant scythe, lol.

Here's a quick screenshot of my character I made the other day (hope it'll display, had some trouble doing it the right way; with spoiler tags)

7ywz.jpg

Hello Guidebo

Thank you for your compliments, but credit for the Elins and Monli belongs to the original authors.  I only made some changes to make them adaptable for various preferences and add some variety.

Now to answer your questions,

1)  The Elins use a highly custom headmesh so the vampire fangs mod will not "fit" them.  I have plans for a Tera races mod (Girls of Tera) that will use the vanilla headmesh.  The Elins will look less anime-ish and more character customization mods will be compatible with them.  Once I'm done with updating the x117Monli race, I can then get started on GT.

2)  What type of armor are you using?  BBP? TBBP?

Hello Guidebo

Thank you for your compliments, but credit for the Elins and Monli belongs to the original authors.  I only made some changes to make them adaptable for various preferences and add some variety.

1)  The Elins use a highly custom headmesh so the vampire fangs mod will not "fit" them.  I have plans for a Tera races mod (Girls of Tera) that will use the vanilla headmesh.  The Elins will look less anime-ish and more character customization mods will be compatible with them.  Once I'm done with updating the x117Monli race, I can then get started on GT.

1) Great, that sounds interesting

2) Just the vanilla armor remodeled by CT77, with no BBP nor TBBP.

Hello Guidebo

Does the game crash when using vanilla armor or other custom armors? 

Try one of the Fox6000 armors.  http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ajc66w9b541

If equipping/unequipping the Fox armors causes crashing, the problem could be related to another mod.  Since you mentioned you installed the race files manually, the problem could not be missing or incorrectly installed files.

Wait for the first update.  I will be including a non-TBBP, ECE-compatible, Dual Sheath Redux-compatible skeleton.  You will need to install Dual Sheath Redux to allow for dual-sheathing and shield on back.

The vanilla skeleton never was meant to display dual-sheaths even though you dual-wield.

I'm looking into other mods like Armed to the Teeth and Chesko and may make custom Monli skeletons for them.

Alright, I'll stay tuned for that. Will I have to install a new dual sheath mod, or will the one included in the bain installer of XP32 work? My non-Monli characters already equip daggers back there and swords on their backs (shields too I think).

Alright, I'll stay tuned for that. Will I have to install a new dual sheath mod, or will the one included in the bain installer of XP32 work? My non-Monli characters already equip daggers back there and swords on their backs (shields too I think).

I use the DSR mod, not the one from xp32.  The skeleton I edited came with ECE because much of the ECE-compatibility is already done.

I use the DSR mod, not the one from xp32.  The skeleton I edited came with ECE because much of the ECE-compatibility is already done.

Will either work, or should I uninstall XP32 and reinstall it without dual sheaths before installing DSR by itself? Or should I just install DSR over whatever XP32 has?

If you are using the skeletons from his latest pack for the Monli, I would suggest replacing it with mine since it is guaranteed to work with ECE + I tweaked the weapon scales so that sheath and unsheath weapons are nearly identical.  Drawn bows and shields on back were scaled differently to address clipping and misaligned bow-strings and arrows.

So if you are replacing xp32's skeleton with mine, you may as well install the DSR mod.  I also have Tera weapons pack and the DSR patch for the Tera Weapons.  I post some screenshots on this thread some days ago.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18120-update-1st-person-camera-fix-monli-race-v4-young-edition-wip/page-3?do=findComment&comment=424021

Some of the weapons are from the Tera pack.  They also show how the weapons look with my skeleton.

Of course, I'm offering a suggestion and the decision is yours.  You can try what you have and if it works for you then no need to replace anything.

Hello Guidebo

Does the game crash when using vanilla armor or other custom armors? 

Try one of the Fox6000 armors.  http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ajc66w9b541

If equipping/unequipping the Fox armors causes crashing, the problem could be related to another mod.  Since you mentioned you installed the race files manually, the problem could not be missing or incorrectly installed files.

Funny, I thought about testing it with custom armors. So I did, but unfortunately the result is the same: CTD as soon as I un-equipped the armor (tested with fox 14 armor). As for conflicting mods, I don't really see which one could cause this. Besides, I don't have THAT many mods installed (about 33, including all the DLCs). I forgot to mention I'm playing with version 1.8, with SKSE version 1.06.09 and SkUI version 3.2, although I don't think that's the problem.

I got another idea I'm gonna test tomorrow, 'cause it's around 2 am here (Belgium): I'll start a new game just for testing and create a character with one of the vanilla races (probably a Nord) and see if the problem occurs there too. I'll post the results later tomorrow ... I mean later today, it's already tomorrow, lol.

Noticed you mentioned making an NPC replacer for this mod.

Do you plan on making a stand-alone child replacer version? Currently using CotS as a child replacer, but it also uses the playable race as well and overwrites vanilla assets. So was wondering if you'd be making a NPC child replacer version that doesn't overwrite vanilla assets and only affects the children?

With Jittek being gone, and CotS being buggy and outdated, been looking for a new child replacer mod and hoping that you'll be taking over in that department with your mod.

Noticed you mentioned making an NPC replacer for this mod.

Do you plan on making a stand-alone child replacer version? Currently using CotS as a child replacer, but it also uses the playable race as well and overwrites vanilla assets. So was wondering if you'd be making a NPC child replacer version that doesn't overwrite vanilla assets and only affects the children?

With Jittek being gone, and CotS being buggy and outdated, been looking for a new child replacer mod and hoping that you'll be taking over in that department with your mod.

You want a Monli child race to replace the vanilla children?  That can be done, but are you asking for the children to not share the assets with the playable race or do you only want Monli children without adding a playable Monli race?

I did make a masterfile with the race records, but keeps the race from being playable with the idea of using the master file to create plugins for various purposes (introducing Monli npcs without adding a playable race is one such purpose).  However, there are some game-breaking bugs that need fixing.

Try it out.  Sometimes bugs/glitches/crashes don't happen when starting a new game and using new saves.

Also try BOSS, if you're not currently using it.  The Monli is a recognized plugin.

So today I started a new game, created a Nord female character, followed the intro until I got my bindings off in Helgen Keep, killed the two Imperials and went down the hall where they came from. There I took off the foot wraps and the prisoner's clothes and ... nothing, no CTD.

I did somehow expect this, because in the game with my Young Monli character when I strip female dead bodies from their clothes/armors, I don't get CTDs. As I said before, it's no big deal, I'm more interested in knowing why it's happening rather than fixing it.

When I check my recycle bin, I can see that I did download and extract the right zip folder (117_Monli_CBBE_ECE Compatible) into the right temporary folder I made (CBBE Petite No TBBP). And I'm sure that I copied from this folder to my Skyrim data folder, so I believe I can rule out file mix-up.

Should you have any idea, I'd be glad to know. Otherwise, meh; never mind, let's leave it then.

Thanks for your time anyway.