NOTICE: The new site is now moved to the original www.loverslab.com URL. The site may be up and down during this transition and there is still some tweaks and setup going on, so you may experience the occasional broken link, visual oddity, and other such errors. 

If you notice anything any particular that's broken or have any suggestions or comments, please post them in the following thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/

The old site will remain accessible for the next week via the URL http://old.loverslab.com

Sign in to follow this  

I see 70 downloads on Mediafire, so I don't think there's anything wrong going with the download.

tried it now on 5 different browsers and 3 machines. all stop at 10 Mb.

could be just me i suppose.......annoying.

p

No, sorry, there will be no non-Hearthfire version for two reasons: maintaining and supporting two versions at the same time is troublesome and time-consuming, and there is nothing wrong with Hearthfire, so I see no point in staying away from it.

LOL, that's not what you said in the initial post where you wrote this:

Hearthfire sucks. It lets you adopt a child, but then you can't take him or her with you as a follower, and they generally act a little like 3D tamagocchi. Who would want anything like this?

I know how things change though after you get used to them.

Thanks for the update but the question I have is whether the new version can take over where the current version is or if I should plan on starting them all over or waiting until the next time I start a new game to update.

LOL, that's not what you said in the initial post where you wrote this:

Hearthfire sucks. It lets you adopt a child, but then you can't take him or her with you as a follower, and they generally act a little like 3D tamagocchi. Who would want anything like this?

I know how things change though after you get used to them.

You got me there, it was a rather poor choice of wording. What sucks in Hearthfire is the way it treats adoptable kids - they call you 'Ma', 'Pa', 'Melon Head' and 'Mammoth Nose', you can give them clothes and toys, and sometimes they find odd pets like mudcrabs and skeevers, which is kind of odd but still cute, but that's it. You can't make adopted kid your follower, and you can't make your follower adopted kid, and this sucks. Building a house is bothersome and time-consuming, and since the customisation choices are rather limited, it's little fun. But on the other hand Hearthfire doesn't force you to adopt kids or build your house, so if you don't want to do it, you can leave it well alone. It's also completely harmless (aside from the Breezehome issue), that's why if somebody wants to take of advantage of Hearthfire, I'm happy to deliver.

Thanks for the update but the question I have is whether the new version can take over where the current version is or if I should plan on starting them all over or waiting until the next time I start a new game to update.

You shouldn't have any issues if you update the mod and continue the game from existing save, except the height problem described in the initial post, which is easily remedied. Also if you gave your followers custom clothes, this is what they will be wearing, and you most likely won't be able to see their new default clothes (which is also easily remedied via console, if you are curious about them). I haven't changed any RefIDs, essential scripts nor AI packages in this version, so it should be completely safe.

Is there anyway to make the new version work without hearthfire or are you planning on releasing a version that does not require hearthfire?

No, sorry, there will be no non-Hearthfire version for two reasons: maintaining and supporting two versions at the same time is troublesome and time-consuming, and there is nothing wrong with Hearthfire, so I see no point in staying away from it.

[edit]

Also.. not complaining, thank you for all your hard work kyods!!

[/edit]

That being said, I just didn't see the point in paying 5 bucks for the addon without the real addition of features (it's basically just an advanced mod that in itself is limited), unless steam bundles it with like dawngaurd or dragonborn then I might do it.

In the meantime does anyone mod savy know any way to edit out hearthfire required stuff from existing mods or has direction to a guide for doing so (i've only seen guides for adding hearthfire content not removal)? Or a can link me the previous version that didn't require hearthfire?  I've since wiped my skyrim folder and only see the new version  working link.

You'd have to open AshenFollowers.esp in CK and delete the following:

Actors:

Everything starting with a00BYOH*  and BYOH*

Quests:

a00BYOHRelationshipAdoptableAkiAsa

Relationship:

a00AkiAsa

Once you do this, save and exit. Then restart CK, select AshenFollowers.esp in CK, then click on Hearthfire.esm in the Masters pane and press delete. If you removed everything correctly, Hearthfire.esm should disappear from the list of required masters. That's it!

File re-uploaded. Fixed a typo in Aki's dialogue and updated meshes and textures.

I was about to make a post about how the download link for the mod was going to mediafire's 404 page but then I realised that it was because page 1 was cached in my browser.  Instead I'll make this a thankyou post and say thanks for the hard work you've put into this amazing mod :D .

LOL is there a reason why Dianne servants are like not wearing any clothes? Or is it that she just likes having her servants be all natural all the time :P

I see 70 downloads on Mediafire, so I don't think there's anything wrong going with the download.

There are problems with downloading from Mediafire. When the download stops, just press pause and then press start. During one such cycle can download 300-500 kilobytes, all download takes about half an hour. It is better to use a special program loader.

Ok, so I'm trying to get this mod working but I'm getting a CTD every single time I try to continue or load from a game that was already started before this mod was added.  I've tried disabling everything except what was necessary to get this mod working but that didn't work.  Starting a new game works fine, but after putting in the time and effort that I have... it's kind of annoying to have to do that....

Uh, I'm trying the new version :) Finished Caitlin and Airi quest. Making Lise's now again xD Can I make some comments? The quests are kinda a little flaw against sneaking characters, I can steal the keys from NPC's, so the quest flow sometimes gets messed up, like I can find Airi without finding that certain guy, so the quest doesn't advance. Another question, when I started Lise's quest she was wearing her special armor, but when we left the tower she had the normal Fornsworn armor... Is that normal?

LOL is there a reason why Dianne servants are like not wearing any clothes? Or is it that she just likes having her servants be all natural all the time :P

I was experimenting with their sleeping outfits, which are present in CK, but apparently don't work at all. I did some basic scripting trying to implement this idea, but I wasn't very successful - and this is the result. I believe I know where the issue is and how to fix it, but it's really, really low in my priorities. Anyway, both Kay and Assari should be clothed again if you leave the tower and re-enter it during the day.

Ok, so I'm trying to get this mod working but I'm getting a CTD every single time I try to continue or load from a game that was already started before this mod was added.  I've tried disabling everything except what was necessary to get this mod working but that didn't work.  Starting a new game works fine, but after putting in the time and effort that I have... it's kind of annoying to have to do that....

Weird. Have you tried loading the save from the beginning of the game, the one Skyrim makes automagically just before creating your character in Helgen, and then loading your current save from there? I've never run into such problem, and it was never reported to me. It shouldn't really matter, but did you give your followers any custom equipment? Did you change their default home? You might want to dismiss them all, give them 24h of game time and then update.

Uh, I'm trying the new version :) Finished Caitlin and Airi quest. Making Lise's now again xD Can I make some comments? The quests are kinda a little flaw against sneaking characters, I can steal the keys from NPC's, so the quest flow sometimes gets messed up, like I can find Airi without finding that certain guy, so the quest doesn't advance. Another question, when I started Lise's quest she was wearing her special armor, but when we left the tower she had the normal Fornsworn armor... Is that normal?

A good catch, thanks! It's a bug, I forgot to change Lise's default outfit in the scripts. Dianne might be affected by the same problem. I'll upload the fixed version tomorrow morning (CET). As for sneaking, Caitlin's quest was where I was learning how to build quests, so it is basic, simple and a bit crude. Maybe I'll revamp and expand it someday, but for now I'm thinking about starting work on Carly's quest.

I wonder if installing this new version will stop Caitlin ignoreing me. Will have to try tomorow. :)

SO I have read thru most all of the pages I have tried switching the esp to esm and I have changed all the appachii hair that I could find. (appchii is gilchi on my computer. I had cause several Crashes. I have all the required mods installed.

So like one of the other Posts I saw, when ever I enter the cell it crashes. 

Did you ever find a fix to this issue?

Could you create a version that doesn't use Appachii Hairs. ( there are other hairs that work great in skyrim.)

Thanks hope I get to try it out.

Weird. Have you tried loading the save from the beginning of the game, the one Skyrim makes automagically just before creating your character in Helgen, and then loading your current save from there? I've never run into such problem, and it was never reported to me. It shouldn't really matter, but did you give your followers any custom equipment? Did you change their default home? You might want to dismiss them all, give them 24h of game time and then update.

Next I tried starting a new game and loading my save from Helgen and got a CTD from the loading screen.  In my save I have no followers besides Shadowmere, the horse that likes to stalk you.  I had dismissed any followers in that game because I was trying out UFO at the same time.  I don't have any followers as stewards in my Hearthfire homes, although one of them does have a Housecarl.

I'm wondering if my save was just broken somehow (I'd hit a bug in the Stormcloak route of the Civil War after all) or if Shadowmere somehow screws things up.

In my new game, all saving and loading worked perfectly which makes me wonder even more if something in my save was broken...

SO I have read thru most all of the pages I have tried switching the esp to esm and I have changed all the appachii hair that I could find. (appchii is gilchi on my computer. I had cause several Crashes. I have all the required mods installed.

Could you create a version that doesn't use Appachii Hairs. ( there are other hairs that work great in skyrim.)

Sorry, but there will be no version with vanilla hair, or different hair pack. The reason is that I would have to completely remodel the followers, and as I said above, maintaining two versions at the same time is a major PITA. I was considering including resources from Apachii Hair in AF, so I could use the hair I need without relying on Apachii Hair as master, but at this point there are 20+ actors in the mod, with more to come in the future, each of them using an unique hairstyle. Going this way, I would have to incorporate pretty much the entire ApachiiHair into my mod, which would increase its size significantly.

I would suggest to seek solution to the cause of your problems, not the result, ie. to figure out why you are getting CTDs in the first place.

Next I tried starting a new game and loading my save from Helgen and got a CTD from the loading screen.  In my save I have no followers besides Shadowmere, the horse that likes to stalk you.  I had dismissed any followers in that game because I was trying out UFO at the same time.  I don't have any followers as stewards in my Hearthfire homes, although one of them does have a Housecarl.

I'm wondering if my save was just broken somehow (I'd hit a bug in the Stormcloak route of the Civil War after all) or if Shadowmere somehow screws things up.

In my new game, all saving and loading worked perfectly which makes me wonder even more if something in my save was broken...

Looks like a corrupted save to me. Perhaps something in 0.93 helped trigger this corruption, but I honestly have no idea what it could be. There are just too many combinations of mods and so many possibilities for things to go borked.

Your crashing because of apachii hair is that it? or is it that your crashing when you enter showracemenu?

it's best to check on the nexus page for apachii hair to see if there is any way to fix the crashes you are encountering.

downloaded new version without problems

have a question :)

if it not a secret, what reason to use new skeleton(different from CoTS)? its better for scaling or in other way?

The skeletons are bundled with En_hawk's body meshes and textures, they wouldn't look right without them. These are modified XPMS skeletons, and the scaling is different: they are of the regular vanilla size at height 1, they are scaled to the right size in RACE and NPC_ records. I use En_hawk's teen skeleton for my player character as well, I have it scaled to 0.90, and I've had no problems with wrong height of the first person camera nor with new animations in Dragonborn.

Your crashing because of apachii hair is that it? or is it that your crashing when you enter showracemenu?

it's best to check on the nexus page for apachii hair to see if there is any way to fix the crashes you are encountering.

Sorry for the confusion I have apachii hair working now with a few followers that require it. I just know it has cause some issues in the past, not with my game but others as well. And yes I can load the appachii hairs in the Showracemenu.

So what is happening is that when I enter the cell at black Claw tower it crashes the game.

I will try a fresh install of this MOD again.

Is there a preference on where the file should go in the load order?

BTW thank you for replying to this post.

Hey, found a new thing... Aedan attacks my character becasue it's a vampire.....

Weird, If I go with the phantom now doesn't attack me, o well xD

Edited by Xenocyber

Sorry for the confusion I have apachii hair working now with a few followers that require it. I just know it has cause some issues in the past, not with my game but others as well. And yes I can load the appachii hairs in the Showracemenu.

So what is happening is that when I enter the cell at black Claw tower it crashes the game.

I will try a fresh install of this MOD again.

Is there a preference on where the file should go in the load order?

BTW thank you for replying to this post.

OK So I reinstalled and I put it as the first file to load after the Master Files and It works fine now

Just so you know your mod works with The tera Armors and Amazing Follower Tweeks. 

BTW way I think one of the Rooms in the Black Claw Tower might have a broken NAv Mesh. The followers wouldn't enter the room. I think it was the one on the second floor (kitchen?)