Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

i havent updated to the lastest FOMM manager from Prideslayer. Last time I did was about a year and a half ago. Is that a new version?

The current version as an anycpu version. Even with the older version that you have, it seems that if it could install TTW with a fomod size of 5+ gb, it should be able to install "The Frontier". Perhaps you should install the latest version. Hopefully that will work.

Damn it. I was installing the Sound file for Beyond Boulder Dome, and it was taking AAAGES. When it finally finished, I didn't get the "Mod installed!" message, the FOMM screen was just transparent. It stayed like that for about 10 minutes. I closed it, and now when I try to reopen the package manager, I get a crash. Crash dump just says:

27 June 2015 - 13:19:42
Fomm 0.14.11.13
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.InvalidOperationException: SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
   at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Ideas? 

EDIT: Brilliant, copied the appdata/local/FOMM file, then ran FOMM again, and it worked, only I didn't have the mod groups I created earlier, and all the mods were installed, but scattered without a folder. So I go, put the old appdata/local/fomm file in its place. Run FOMM again, still works, but still no mod groups. I guess its not the end of the world losing the mod groups, but I will have to add them all again, one by one...

BTW, any idea why i get an error during activation or reactivation that says:

A problem occurred during reactivation:

Part of the path (New Vgeas install path)\New Vegas\D\Temp\(random characters).tmp was not found.

The mod was not installed

That middle sentence is OS error since it's in the language of my Windows, and if i create the folders and file in that error (an empty text file i rename to that), the mod installs fine. So not a problem, but still curious what's going on?

My OS drive is a tiny SSD, so i have changed the temp folder location on Windows' settings. I haven't modified any FOMM settings, but it started happening when i updated FOMM to 14.11.12, and kept happening with this one. Before i that i had some ancient version (i think this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36901/?).)

Edit: ...Well, that's embarrassing. I had set the environment variable TEMP to D:\temp, except the path had a typo (D.\temp), which apparently caused FOMM to look for it in \New Vegas\d\temp

The environment variable TMP was correct though, so maybe the old FOMM version used that?

Anyway, problem solved, and as always, my own fault :lol:

Nope.  Just the cursor going to the spinning "Your program is definitely about to launch" and then nothing.  When attempting to launch it from steam, you could see that I was in game for about 5 seconds and then not anymore.

Thanks to jaam, the event log told me nasty, scary things.  I don't know about anyone else, but when I see the word "kernel" involved in an error, exception, etc., um...panic.

Problem module:  KERNELBASE.dll

Exception code:  0xe0434352

I tried many, many things.  What ended up fixing it was just deleting the user.ini in C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Local\FOMM\fomm.exe_Url_mzhj52kz5d0btrw1pbipsuukc2yksjas\0.14.11.13 folder.  After that, FOMM launched and just made me setup the directory info again (where are your games, and where do I put install info).

It is.  The system fan did go crazy yesterday for no discernible reason.

I'm on a refurb box (don't hate) that was supposed to hold me over until I could build a good machine for Fallout 4...which was officially announced several weeks after that.  X (

The point being that I might be a bit of an outlier with supporting evidence of that phenomenon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pride isn't currently very active here so I will try.

This version has some added features and some cleanup. Not sure if they were transferred the Nexus version but the rules and processes should be the same. Not 100% but pretty sure.  However the crazy question is why would you use the Nexus version :P.

Pride isn't currently very active here so I will try.

This version has some added features and some cleanup. Not sure if they were transferred the Nexus version but the rules and processes should be the same. Not 100% but pretty sure.  However the crazy question is why would you use the Nexus version :P.

Thanks for your advice, Ritualclarity, now i know what to do.

As to why i have the Nexus version,  i guess i was just being lazy, lol.

Cheers, mate

PegasusKoga

*edit* I just realized you're the same person who wrote the tuttorial on how install "Sexout Common Resources". I have been using your very helpful guide for ages!

Now i know that i can follow your advice with my eyes closed :D.

The LL version actually has color coordination depending on status. If you are missing something it will show you. It is a pretty useful update. There is a 32 bit version for those that use MO and a 64bit one that works great with TTW ;).  Might be better to download this version ;). Be lazy with some other mods and tools.  :P