Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

MO cannot support 64 bits because injection in 64 bit is totally different and the amount of work required for two or three tools is "too much". As for why it needs injecting, well without injection, there are no plugins existing. The whole purpose of MO is injecting your virtual game directory in the file structure of the running tool.

By the way, the anycpu version will run in 32 bits on a 32 bits operating system. Also, the "trick" used to force Skyrim compiler to run in 32 bits should work just as well for FOMM.

Dumb question probably. I have a 32 bit system and am currently running version 14.11.10. Should I avoid version 14.11.11?

No. The AnyCPU version is just what it says -- works fine for 32bit or 64bit. It's the only version that I'll be continuing to develop and release.

MO cannot support 64 bits because injection in 64 bit is totally different and the amount of work required for two or three tools is "too much". As for why it needs injecting, well without injection, there are no plugins existing. The whole purpose of MO is injecting your virtual game directory in the file structure of the running tool.

I thought MO was doing the directory management via some native windows mechanism like NTFS junctions, and really don't understand why it needs to inject anything into FOMM. Hell, as far as I know (I have never tried) MO should only be managing the FOMM plugins directory -- not the directory FOMM is itself installed into, and not the executable itself.

You might be able to create a shortcut with some emulation settings that tells the anycpu FOMM to run as 32bit, I'm not sure, but honestly... this is MOs problem, not FOMMs.

Why is it trying to inject DLLs into FOMM anyway? Can you tell it to not do that? I don't know what it's trying to do, or why, but I'm not going to continue to maintain the 32bit-only version. I'll leave it in the OP for the time being but if people start getting confused about which one they should download or features are added that make it incompatible with the new one (like the new archive manager, when it is done), I'm going to remove the download.

You should contact the author and beg for a 64bit version of MO if you can't turn off whatever it's trying to do to the FOMM executable.

I never stated it was FOMM's problem. It is and always was MO's problem. I agree that going forward the anycpu version should be the version you distribute. It is the best for FOMM users. In fact it might be beneficial that you do remove it soon to help prevent confusion and move the users of FOMM to the newer and better version. Most users here at least could really benefit using your AnyCPU version of FOMM. I ran it through some paces with TTW and such and it ran without a hitch.. so far in my testing.. :D

As for asking Tannin for a 64bit version he has lots of other "fish to fry" before that happens. He is addressing the Fmod issue and working on a solution where MO can handle those internally without having to resort to an external program like FOMM. The current version has some fmod issues so that is the reason I still need a FOMM besides the useful tools.

For what I do with it I can even use NMM for the same result. I just prefer FOMM because of the added tools. Even the "official" version on the Nexus works good enough for most of all I use. I just prefer your version if possible. Occasionally I get a hangup. Nothing serious. Who knows It might be an issue with MO and I will get the same hangups with your version as well. Again .. never a reflection of FOMM. It was never designed to work that way and any issues that happen are on the user exclusively.

I never intended to derail this thread for a simple question on if there was still a version of FOMM on the op that was still 32bit. ;).

• 2 weeks later...

New version in OP: 0.14.11.13

New in this version:

• ShaderDisasm support removed (does not work in 64bit)
Niv discovered that the ShaderDisasm functionality can only be built as a 32bit DLL at present, due to the 64bit DirectX9 libs not being available and the code not tested for it. Given the level of effort to 'fix it' to be 64bit compatible vs. the benefit, we decided to just yank it out.

Few people, if any, actually use that functionality.

If there is great demand for it, it may return.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pride, just a little request for FOMM if it's not more trouble than it's worth.

Leaving FOMM open while GECKing back & forth and play testing is great but as I often do FNVEdit checks too I find if I'm GECKing SCR it looks fine after saving it I GECK and game has no issues but I still have to shut down FOMM and reopen it and then fix the load order to use FNVEdit, is it easy to do some sort of "save load order" button so I can leave FOMM open or don't have to reopen it?

Hey Pride, just a little request for FOMM if it's not more trouble than it's worth.

Leaving FOMM open while GECKing back & forth and play testing is great but as I often do FNVEdit checks too I find if I'm GECKing SCR it looks fine after saving it I GECK and game has no issues but I still have to shut down FOMM and reopen it and then fix the load order to use FNVEdit, is it easy to do some sort of "save load order" button so I can leave FOMM open or don't have to reopen it?

I like this suggestion. It's kind of a pain that GECK and FNVEdit kick a mod to the bottom of the list after edits, possibly causing a problem if you forget to check for that when you next boot the game to test.

FNVEdit ? It never modify time stamp. Or you mean after GECK has modified it, then the plugin ends up at the end?

What I do is I keep my load order exported in FOMM, and every time something change, I re import.

? That sounds cool but what are you talking about. I usually just leave FOMM alone and let it do its magic without really messing with it except when I have to. If the problems above are present. (not running more than one thing at a time.. need more experience to do so and didn't even think I can run FNVedit and GECK at the same time much less FOMM along with it.. lol)

FNVEdit ? It never modify time stamp. Or you mean after GECK has modified it, then the plugin ends up at the end?

What I do is I keep my load order exported in FOMM, and every time something change, I re import.

Yes after it is modified it rearranges the load order in the background somewhere.

It's probably faster to shut it down and restart than import the Load Order, but I'll try that.

Yes after it is modified it rearranges the load order in the background somewhere.

It's probably faster to shut it down and restart than import the Load Order, but I'll try that.

Oh no. To start FOMM in my game it takes minutes. Import takes seconds :)

? That sounds cool but what are you talking about. I usually just leave FOMM alone and let it do its magic without really messing with it except when I have to. If the problems above are present. (not running more than one thing at a time.. need more experience to do so and didn't even think I can run FNVedit and GECK at the same time much less FOMM along with it.. lol)

First, set your load order and mod selection as you want it.

In the Load Order menu, click export and name the resulting text file.

Every time you want to restore, in the Load Order menu, select import and your text file.

First, set your load order and mod selection as you want it.

In the Load Order menu, click export and name the resulting text file.

Every time you want to restore, in the Load Order menu, select import and your text file.

Cool I know how to import and export the load order, i just don't know how that would affect the new esps. Are you saying to edit the .txt before reimport? As I see it it would only fix the changed file (that was already in proper order) from dropping to the bottom.

Also so far it takes seconds for my FOMM to load as well.

on a separate note :

I am still just getting use to working around the tools not actually using the tools very much. Need some time to watch and do some of the simple tutorials and get better at understanding where everything is and what it does before moving farther. I however do think I know some if the things I want to do :D.. Merge some esp(armor mods) .. take some armors from mods (which I don't' really l like to use all the time or at all. lol and create a custom armor esp) .. Same with some of the weapons .. work on a beauty pack mod( or more than one style) and then perhaps some custom races to add to the game for my personal playthrough. (perhaps finding some faces I like as a base and then change them a bit. some from followers already available on Nexus etc.. Something about a face code that I can use and copy as I understand it) .. Then maybe along the way change some of the hair styles because I am board of looking at the same hair styles.. (perhaps even some clothing and armors from my packs :)).. Busy busy alien.. :) Lots of learning to do. By the time I am doing most of these I should get inspired for some minor mods and such.. or perhaps do some light assistance with others mod creation (other than just testing betas.. lol even though that is very userful ;))