Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

Perhaps, if your development and testing efforts focus on Fallout New Vegas, you might want to name it FNVMM?

Then again, maybe NV should stand for "new version"...

I like the sort of double entendre. :) My long term goal is to make it work with OBV, Skyrim, and FO4 as well. There's no reason for NMM to "corner the market" so to speak, especially since it sucks so bad. ;)

• 5 months later...

The not-mine FOMM *is* broken. Try telling it to check for updates for the mods, and watch it crash.. ;)

That said, not to toot my own horn, but this version does have some additional capabilities that are handy for the average player. It can detect and inform you on how to fix it if you stupidly run NMM for NV/FO3, and it also detects and refuses to launch if your load order is incorrect -- if you're missing a required master, have the master but have it disabled, or have a patently incorrect load order.

It's only going to get better.. though I'm still waffling on if I should just rewrite it, or refactor what's here. I'd like to refactor because it seems like less work. Then I look at the code and see what absolute shit it is, and change my position. It's probably the perfect example of how to not do OOP.

Seeing that and knowing that the same people that wrote it also wrote NMM is what makes me only use NMM for Skyrim, and only until I have FOMM able to manage skyrim itself.

You're more than welcome to jump in and help me out with this project as well. I can get you added to the sourceforge if you like. I warn you in advance that:

1. It's C#. I do not actually 'know' this language, but it's not too difficult to figure out.

2. It's UGLY. We're talking about a class heirarchy that basically has a dog as a root class, overrides nearly everything in it to turn it into a pine tree, and then does it all over again to turn it into a volcano. There's hope for refactoring it but I don't yet know if it's worth the effort.

I don't know. I did intentionally pull all the nexus website/network related stuff out of it. I want to refactor that so it can look in the XML and determine where to go to download updates and stuff, be that nexus, here at ll, planetfallout, or whatever other site is in there.

You'e been added as an admin of the project.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/psmm/

Same trunk/branching strategy as NX.

Guest endgameaddiction

Very nice.

I got a question.

Does this custom build make FOMM stay open after launching FNV? Only works for Fallout 3 for me.

I want to add some more features, some inspired by OBMM (colorizing of mods and such), some from NMM (user defined categories in the package manager, with enable/disable for each). Some 'original' stuff too; I'd like to unify the buttons and menu bar (no need for both), and tab or MDI the interface, but both of those are a long way out. Before I get to them, OBV and Skyrim support need to go in.

It can 'help' you sort as is, somewhat, as much as it always could. It will toss up an error and refuse to launch if you have mods enabled but their master is missing, disabled, or in the wrong order.

New version in OP: 0.14.3

New in this version:

• Removed the messages at startup asking if you want to enable update checks since they were just lies.
  • Plugin list now colorized. Red for mods with missing masters, orange for required masters present but disabled, brown for incorrect load order. FOMM will still refuse to launch the game in all of these cases.
Tossed a screenshot up in the OP demonstrating the loadorder stuff. Gunrunners Arsenal is brown because I moved it before FalloutNV.esm, and there are two orange ESMs since Sexout is disabled. If I deleted sexout, those would turn red. There are some colored ESPs as well but too far down in the load order, so don't despair, it's not just checking ESMs.

Hey, pride.

D/Led the most recent one.  Installed two zips through the package manager and got a crash both times.  Unfortunately, I've only got the most recent error log.

I merged this FOMM folder with my existing one and overwrote the changed files.

I'm sure that it's a great feeling to publish something only to have someone complain about a bug ten minutes later.  : P

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 7:58:45 PM
Fomm 0.14.3
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Fomm.Games.GameMode.getPluginDependencyStatus(String name, Boolean showMessage)
   at Fomm.Games.Fallout3.PluginFormatProviders.ColorizerPluginFormatProvider.GetFormat(String p_strPluginName)
   at Fomm.PluginFormat.PluginFormatterManager.GetFormat(String p_strPluginName)
   at Fomm.MainForm.RefreshPluginList()
   at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.ToggleActivation(fomod mod, Boolean p_booReactivate)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.lvModList_ItemActivate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnItemActivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

No problem, sorry for the screwup!

I'm playing with the NMM source a little right now, to see if there's any code in it worth stealing (it's certainly much nicer code than FOMMs), and halfheartedly seeing if I can do an end run around their rate limiting.

It has made me consider, and this is for everyone to think about and comment on, integrating a lightweight torrent client into FOMM.

This would not be full fledged, I don't want to deal with that kind of headache, but if all FOMM users could automatically join into a trackerless swarm, downloads could get a lot faster.