I have another question, will sexlab submit work as the dialogue option? It allows for seducing any NPC, it adds a Hold up a minute there is something I want to talk to you about. in the normal dialogue if you click that it starts some more dialogue. so would that work with this? I am figuring yes but making sure.

Also does this have a MCM menu? when I installed it, it said it saw it but there is no listing of it in the menu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm wanting to install and use this mod, but I really like the extra flavor (carriage guards, flower girls, tavern patrons, etc) that Inconsequential NPCs gives.  I'm curious what the conflict is with that mod that makes it not work with this one, as per the front page?  I do not use the Localized Thieves Guild mod which was the only one I saw that was reported to conflict between this mod and INPCs.

Did the person who tried the load order with this mod and INPC get it to work out?  (can't recall who that was, but it was from a couple months back).

I'm wondering if these changes to Inconsequential NPCs may have taken care of the conflicts?  I'm not sure what was happening, but these changed in the past couple months in INPC:

23/1/2014 - 1.7b - InconNPCs without unique names will no longer be conscripted as brawlers or victims for Companion radiant quests.
24/12/2013 - 1.7a - InconNPCs without unique names will no longer be conscripted as targets for Thieves Guild and Winterhold College radiant quests. Fixed conditions for Winterhold College InconNPCs 'safety packages.'

---

Still wanting to know if anyone has had success with these working together lately?

I'm wondering if these changes to Inconsequential NPCs may have taken care of the conflicts?  I'm not sure what was happening, but these changed in the past couple months in INPC:

23/1/2014 - 1.7b - InconNPCs without unique names will no longer be conscripted as brawlers or victims for Companion radiant quests.

24/12/2013 - 1.7a - InconNPCs without unique names will no longer be conscripted as targets for Thieves Guild and Winterhold College radiant quests. Fixed conditions for Winterhold College InconNPCs 'safety packages.'

---

Still wanting to know if anyone has had success with these working together lately?

It depends on what quests and dialogues, if any, the mod manipulates. Some of the assassin quest dialogue is set as blocking. Meaning that other options and the one's some sexlab mods add to start sex through dialogue won't be shown. This mod sets them to regular. Allowing other dialogue options. If Inconsequential NPCs changes them back then the assassin portion of this mod won't work.

That's what I thought (perhaps wrongly) that 'no longer conscripted' meant in those patch updates.  Assuming nothing will actually break from using these together, I may install this and give it a go.  I assume the worst that would happen is I just do not get the dialog option?  

As many people as use INPC, I think it should be tested out, so I may just do that.  I was hoping, from some of the pasts in past months, that others were doing so, but none of them have said a word since.

That's what I thought (perhaps wrongly) that 'no longer conscripted' meant in those patch updates.  Assuming nothing will actually break from using these together, I may install this and give it a go.  I assume the worst that would happen is I just do not get the dialog option?  

As many people as use INPC, I think it should be tested out, so I may just do that.  I was hoping, from some of the pasts in past months, that others were doing so, but none of them have said a word since.

If it doesn't work you can try moving this mod after INPC in the load order.

I'll try all this as soon as I get over this illness - just to let everyone know I hadn't just neglected to report back.  I'll also try having this mod both before and after INPC just to see.  

Hopefully tommorrow or the next day unless this tornado stuff sweeps us all away.  ;)

I'm assuming so far that no one has had issues with anything like Guard Dialog Overhaul or mods of that sort, since they don't really add a dialog option?  And Ultimate Follower Overhaul or AFT work fine?  (assuming those work because I think most everyone uses either UFO or AFT).

I'll try all this as soon as I get over this illness - just to let everyone know I hadn't just neglected to report back.  I'll also try having this mod both before and after INPC just to see.  

Hopefully tommorrow or the next day unless this tornado stuff sweeps us all away.  ;)

I'm assuming so far that no one has had issues with anything like Guard Dialog Overhaul or mods of that sort, since they don't really add a dialog option?  And Ultimate Follower Overhaul or AFT work fine?  (assuming those work because I think most everyone uses either UFO or AFT).

Hope you feel better soon :)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, made some progress on testing this.  I started a new DB assassin with all my normal mods, including INPC, UFO, Alternate Start, etc. and installed this one, loading it last.

I got the first "kill 3" mission right off the bat and did those as I progressed a bit.  Two of the three turned me down (I was using Sexlab Romance to initiate), but the other one was game.  After things were over I got the pop-up box allowing me the option to kill him (using the poisons I had) or not.  I elected to do so, and everything worked fine.

I have the Miuri's mission(s) now, but haven't gotten to them yet. 

I'm not saying that this one instance is definitive by any means, but I did not have any conflict whatsoever.  I'll continue to test it as I progress the missions.

Did the two targets from Miuri - the female (forget her name) did not have any "seduce" option show up, and of course the guy attacks on sight with his bandit buddies.

I grabbed the next two targets so I'll see how it goes - I couldn't do them yet because I did something that crashed my game.  Mods...sigh.

Next two were the vamp guy and the orc bard.  The vamp was just an attack.  The orc bard brought up a bit of a bug, albeit not with the mods (I don't think).  I tried the seduction/kill thing inside the inn when he was in his room, and the kill did not register.  Deactivating INPC did not change this.  I ended up having to have him follow me somewhere else, went outside behind the inn, and then the sedution/assassination process worked fine.  I tried that both with INP deadtivated and re-ativated with the same results.

It would appear that there is a bug with him being killed in that room at the inn rather than in this mod and its interaction with INPC.  Anyway those two down and on towards the next.  So far I'm not seeing any issues with this and Inconsequential NPCs.

those two perks, do they show anywhere or are they invisible?

Since it's situational, I'm not sure it shows up on the buff/debuff listing.  I'm not positive since I never consciously looked for it there but if you're not seeing it, that would be my guess as to why.

Tested the next batch of 3 assassination targets, well 2 of the 3 so far, anyway.  I used the seduce option, then used this mod's poison option at the end.  It worked fine in both cases.

Having tested this several times in several locations, I would have to say that there are no incompatibility problems with Inconsequential NPCs, and I think that issue could be removed. There either haven't really been any, or the tweaks in the later updates of INPC have fixed whatever issues there were.  My opinion is that it may have been a load order issue before, beause none of the targets of these assassinations are even the haraters that INPC adds to the game. 

Be that as it may, I am having no issues at all with the two working together.  Note that I also use UFO and Guard Dialog Overhaul, so no issues with those either (not that they were expected - again, these aren't generally the NPCs you're asked to assassinate).

hi,

i used this mod for a dark-brotherhood char and it was a lot of fun. Thanks for this!

Now im playing a vampire, fighting the dawnguard, and there is one radiant quest, where you habe to kill dawnguard-agents in a discreet manner, and i cant help but must think, that this is so close to the brotherhood-Quests. So, here my question (suggestion, if you want): Do you have any plans to expand your nice mod in this direction? Would be great!

hi,

i used this mod for a dark-brotherhood char and it was a lot of fun. Thanks for this!

Now im playing a vampire, fighting the dawnguard, and there is one radiant quest, where you habe to kill dawnguard-agents in a discreet manner, and i cant help but must think, that this is so close to the brotherhood-Quests. So, here my question (suggestion, if you want): Do you have any plans to expand your nice mod in this direction? Would be great!

That would be a nice addition - I've wanted to do similarly during some of my play.