IGNORED

Knights of the woke Republic

First it was "Saints Row". Now its Knights of the Old Republic.

We’ve been working closely with Lucasfilm Games on classic Star Wars games for years, and that experience has instilled in our team a deep love and respect for these timeless titles, as well as a unique perspective on how to carry them forward into the modern age. We’re proud to be collaborating with Sony Interactive Entertainment and Lucasfilm Games to bring this dream to life.

https://nichegamer.com/2021/09/09/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-remake-announced/

Complaining about such things on a franchise that featured characters like Leia (a female leader of the Rebellion), Mon Mothma (THE female LEader of the Rebellion), Lando (suave charming black skinned hero that became beloved by the fans) and has a multi-racial alliance of black, white, green, blue, male, female life forms against a fascist Empire...

Created by a left-leaning nerd that made critical movies like American Graffitti, THX1138, Red Talons and based his Imperials on American Republicans as much as on Nazis, and made no secret its an allegory for the vietnam war, and basically has his villains in the Prequels quote G.W.Bush...with one of the main villains choking his pregant wife and killing defenseless children (fun fact, Anakin in THAt form seems to get more love from "fans" nowadays than true heroes like Rey, Finn or Poe, which says a lot about these wannabe-fans and their system of belief I think)

Sorry ... complaining Star Wars is "woke" and  "ruined" (according to fans it is ruined since 1977-ongoing) is like complaining Star Trek is woke and too left/progressive...fun fact, neither are. The problem is, as usual, in front of the PC fighting some cultural war on the back of franchises because the keyboard warriors are too afraid of being marginalized or whatever silly ideas they read on the internet.

The worst thing happening to the very much alive (more alive and prospering than under Lucas, mind you) Star Wars franchise are the fake fans trying to use it for their backward cultural fears...

But yeah, stay in your funless bubble, maybe watch a grifting Youtube-Clickbaiter like Quartering, Mike Zerohfacts or Freaks and Lamers, and make the world a worse place at this...

To be honest, I only opened this topic in order to laugh at whatever silly arguments were being used to criticize a game we basically know nothing about for being "woke", like I did with the Saint's Row trailer thread, but jxm's reply made me want to reply myself.

Why? Because it's a very good explanation of everything that is wrong about this whole "anti-sjw" mentality. The moment you smell "wokeness" you immediately attack instead of actually thinking things through.

Take this game for example.

We get a teaser trailer that shows nothing of substance, and the name of a writer. Since you identify the writer as "woke", and since it's being published by the publisher of the "sjw trash" Last of Us 2, the game is obviously going to be "dead on arrival".

Never mind the fact that no game has failed due to excessive "wokeness", and that it's a remake of one of the most beloved games in one of the best known franchises there are.

The reality is that it's almost certain to be a hit. And if it isn't, it isn't going to be because of "sjw trash", as most people don't really care about that. The people who do are actually a very small minority.

Edited by CptFiddles
On 9/10/2021 at 8:48 AM, jxm said:

Complaining about such things on a franchise that featured characters like Leia (a female leader of the Rebellion), Mon Mothma (THE female LEader of the Rebellion), Lando (suave charming black skinned hero that became beloved by the fans) and has a multi-racial alliance of black, white, green, blue, male, female life forms against a fascist Empire...

Created by a left-leaning nerd that made critical movies like American Graffitti, THX1138, Red Talons and based his Imperials on American Republicans as much as on Nazis, and made no secret its an allegory for the vietnam war, and basically has his villains in the Prequels quote G.W.Bush...with one of the main villains choking his pregant wife and killing defenseless children (fun fact, Anakin in THAt form seems to get more love from "fans" nowadays than true heroes like Rey, Finn or Poe, which says a lot about these wannabe-fans and their system of belief I think)

Sorry ... complaining Star Wars is "woke" and  "ruined" (according to fans it is ruined since 1977-ongoing) is like complaining Star Trek is woke and too left/progressive...fun fact, neither are. The problem is, as usual, in front of the PC fighting some cultural war on the back of franchises because the keyboard warriors are too afraid of being marginalized or whatever silly ideas they read on the internet.

The worst thing happening to the very much alive (more alive and prospering than under Lucas, mind you) Star Wars franchise are the fake fans trying to use it for their backward cultural fears...

But yeah, stay in your funless bubble, maybe watch a grifting Youtube-Clickbaiter like Quartering, Mike Zerohfacts or Freaks and Lamers, and make the world a worse place at this...

You're completely full of shit. And haven't done any research.

The writer has a public and professional track record of producing subpar work consisting of 100% woke memes and rants about things that have zero context or bearing on the subject matter.

Also literal LOL at complaining about marginalization when invoking characters literally made by an actual "inclusivity" algorithm. Rey is a literal fucking joke with zero character development and as for Finn we'll let Boyega sum that up himself:

“You get yourself involved in projects and you’re not necessarily going to like everything. [But] what I would say to Disney is do not bring out a black character, market them to be much more important in the franchise than they are and then have them pushed to the side. It’s not good. I’ll say it straight up.”

He added: “You knew what to do with these other people, but when it came to Kelly Marie Tran, when it came to John Boyega, you know fuck all. So what do you want me to say? What they want you to say is, ‘I enjoyed being a part of it. It was a great experience…’ Nah, nah, nah. I’ll take that deal when it’s a great experience….They gave all the nuance to Adam Driver, all the nuance to Daisy Ridley. Let’s be honest. Daisy knows this. Adam knows this. Everybody knows. I’m not exposing anything.”

and no one is watching the current Star Trek and it has nothing to do with politics, it's because it's hot melty garbage written by people that have never watched Star Trek in completion of any season, any version.

People aren't hating on Kotor because it's promoting leftist ideals, they're hating on it because the writer is utter shit with an objective track record of losing sales.

Also megalol at fans ruining a franchise, you have to HAVE fans to ruin a franchise and the sales of the last movie tell a rather factual tale of audience engagement.

Edited by 27X
6 hours ago, CptFiddles said:

To be honest, I only opened this topic in order to laugh at whatever silly arguments were being used to criticize a game we basically know nothing about for being "woke", like I did with the Saint's Row trailer thread, but jxm's reply made me want to reply myself.

Why? Because it's a very good explanation of everything that is wrong about this whole "anti-sjw" mentality. The moment you smell "wokeness" you immediately attack instead of actually thinking things through.

Take this game for example.

We get a teaser trailer that shows nothing of substance, and the name of a writer. Since you identify the writer as "woke", and since it's being published by the publisher of the "sjw trash" Last of Us 2, the game is obviously going to be "dead on arrival".

Never mind the fact that no game has failed due to excessive "wokeness", and that it's a remake of one of the most beloved games in one of the best known franchises there are.

The reality is that it's almost certain to be a hit. And if it isn't, it isn't going to be because of "sjw trash", as most people don't really care about that. The people who do are actually a very small minority.

That anyone could be a member of a website community since 2018, and this was their first post, to defend wokism, really only shows your emotional involvement in this subversion of society. That so many of these woke propaganda movies, and now games fail is exactly because parents are becoming more aware of the brainwashing that is taking place, and are not buying the woke agenda crap for their kids.

I read some of the tweets that woman wrote, and one that stood out was to say that if people didn't like the Rey character it was because they are hateful. That she was a terribly shallow, poorly written character had nothing to do with it?

Always the excuse... They tell you, you hate because gender... gender "preference", skin color, religion... It's never simply because the message sucked ass, or the movie was crap, or the game was a waste of time and money.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

That anyone could be a member of a website community since 2018, and this was their first post, to defend wokism, really only shows your emotional involvement in this subversion of society.

I only browse to check on the progress on nude mods for the games I'm playing, that's why that is my first post. Not sure what you mean about "emotional involvement" and "subversion of society" so I'd appreciate it if you could clarify.

I read some of the tweets that woman wrote, and one that stood out was to say that if people didn't like the Rey character it was because they are hateful. That she was a terribly shallow, poorly written character had nothing to do with it?

My only knowledge about that person is what's in the Sankaku Complex article that was posted here, so do you mean the tweet here she says: "If you want to hate Rey, at least be honest about it: you hate that she's a Mary Sue because she's a WOMAN. It's cool. Just be real about it"?

As someone who only fairly recently watched the movies, and by that I mean the 9 main movies + Rogue One in release order, Rey's character is the pretty much the same as Luke's. They're both classical "chosen-one" heroes from humble origins that are naturally stronger than most so, assuming that she's replying to "star wars is ruined" type of comments, it makes sense, as the people who hate Rey for being a Mary Sue should also hate Luke for the same reasons and should have disliked the series from the start.

Always the excuse... They tell you, you hate because gender... gender "preference", skin color, religion... It's never simply because the message sucked ass, or the movie was crap, or the game was a waste of time and money.

Not sure how that relates to what I wrote but anyone who disregards criticisms using those excuses also are the minority and have a lot of the same problems as the "anti-sjw" crowd.

Here's a fun fact: People who bitch about something "not being woke enough" or "being TOO woke" are the small extremes, who actually tend to be much louder on the internet.

Why are these minorities louder than the rest? Because the rest tend to not care enough to bitch about it.

You will all be happier when you realize that social media is only amplifying the voice of the loud extreme minorities. No one is coming for you for being straight, or white, or male, or whatever.

Most people just want to live comfortable lives where they aren't in fear of being attacked for their race, gender, or sexuality. Moving away from straight white male protagonists in media is just a way to give the spotlight to different people and help normalize their existence.

Edited by CptFiddles
12 hours ago, CptFiddles said:

I only browse to check on the progress on nude mods for the games I'm playing, that's why that is my first post. Not sure what you mean about "emotional involvement" and "subversion of society" so I'd appreciate it if you could clarify.

And yet, defending woke is the topic that moved you to break your silence? No topic on the game or games you play interested you??? Emotion is the driving force behind Social Justice Warriors. No logical reason for anything they do. No logical reason to completely change the path of a movie or video game, other than the emotions attached to wanting others to "feel" as the woker "feels".

13 hours ago, CptFiddles said:

Rey's character is the pretty much the same as Luke's.

I benefit from an American husband who forces... I enjoy watching such movies with, along with our son. Rey is nothing like Luke. Luke had no ability. Only that Obi Wan knew who he was and trained him did he learn to fight, and still got his butt kicked and lost his hand to Vader. Rey picked up a light sabre with no training, and wielded it like a master and defeated Kai Ren, who had been trained, first by Luke, and later by the other evil lord. Poor writing/ directing, and creating a weak character that no one really cares about other than the overtly obvious clues that she's Luke's daughter. Very much the same as Finn... Again, a woke black man thrown in who picks up a light sabre during the movie and begins using it like a skilled Jedi. Lando was great. Just a normal man. Ex-pirate turned businessman, still a "scoundrel", used a blaster like everyone else who was not a Jedi.

The new movies do not build on the past, but just as society, try to tear it down and remake it in the woke image of perfection, and instant gratification.

Not sure how that relates to what I wrote but anyone who disregards criticisms using those excuses also are the minority and have a lot of the same problems as the "anti-sjw" crowd.

One tends to disregard the ridiculous. When the premise itself, in this case wokism, is basically a made up agenda of BS, and when challenged, the first response from the woker is to accuse the other of not goosestepping because "race, gender, gender preference, religion, etc" and can not actually present any argument to support their sjw wokism using empirical evidence, I find it to be pretty much over. Kind of like this little back and forth.

Here's a fun fact: People who bitch about something "not being woke enough" or "being TOO woke" are the small extremes, who actually tend to be much louder on the internet.

Why are these minorities louder than the rest? Because the rest tend to not care enough to bitch about it.

You will all be happier when you realize that social media is only amplifying the voice of the loud extreme minorities. No one is coming for you for being straight, or white, or male, or whatever.

Most people just want to live comfortable lives where they aren't in fear of being attacked for their race, gender, or sexuality. Moving away from straight white male protagonists in media is just a way to give the spotlight to different people and help normalize their existence.

Here's a fun fact... You are clueless. Woke has been a silent cancer in America for decades, as it is being uncovered, and people like you just keep saying, "Nothing to see here". 

Not sure why you would gravitate toward "straight, white, male" when describing me? But then again, THAT, is generally the woker's way. Just as David Webb had a caller to his radio show tell him he was a white supremist for his views. David Webb is black. So, good luck with your wokism.

It's EA using BioWare's corpse like a meat puppet. Of course they're going to hire people willing to work for peanuts, even if they're absolutely hated by everyone who knows what they really stand for. Why not? The game dev market is completely oversaturated with trained people. Too many of whom bought into the idea that "all games are political." Seriously, search for Thirsty Lesbian Sword by Evil Hat Productions; if tabletop games are that woke...once again, I pray for another Video Games Industry Crash so the big name companies are weakened or destroyed and indies have the room to step in and start over from scratch. It's all too likely the only way we're ever going to excise the cancer.

3 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

It's EA using BioWare's corpse like a meat puppet. Of course they're going to hire people willing to work for peanuts, even if they're absolutely hated by everyone who knows what they really stand for. Why not? The game dev market is completely oversaturated with trained people. Too many of whom bought into the idea that "all games are political." Seriously, search for Thirsty Lesbian Sword by Evil Hat Productions; if tabletop games are that woke...once again, I pray for another Video Games Industry Crash so the big name companies are weakened or destroyed and indies have the room to step in and start over from scratch. It's all too likely the only way we're ever going to excise the cancer.

Well, the "Why not?" has been covered excessively... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Had to look up "Thirsty Lesbian Sword"... OY! Instead of "Why not?", I ask WHY??? And I have already answered my own question in green type above. 😢

The problem faced is that it is the rich who own the dev companies, and the software, and the hardware, and the search engines for the internet, and everything else, and THEY all want you... or at least your kids to be woke a-holes, so saturation has begun. 

OY! Marvel now needs an Asian superhero? That's not political.

My husband says they will be editing the original Star Wars soon to remove all references of Jedi being linked to religion, as they were the good guys. Can't have THAT! Also that the word "Republic" may soon disappear.

But, what he really waits for is the day when the song Take A Walk On The Wide Side is canceled or overdubbed to make Lou Reed sing, "And the African-American women go... do do do do" because saying, "the colored girls"... well... WOKE UP! 🙄

I've been lurking in this topic since it was first posted and all I have to say is that Star Wars is dead and what we have now is something wearing it as a skin suit.

Here's the thing to make a good KOTOR remake all you need to do is take the original game's story and just upgrade the graphics and systems as well as adding back in all the cut content THAT'S IT!

I wrote star wars off a long long time ago I remember when critics in magazines were destroying the empire strikes back movie and decided to just forget about it for a while. The next movie that came out years later did gather some fans to star wars again until that part of the movie where the evil one appeared and then many of them left the theater. Everything EVERYTHING is being turned into shit and all that will do is incite people to wake up and pay attention en mass at some point. When most people can't even look at the internet or social media or that ancient format called tv without being accused of being a domestic terrorist then all this shit will stop. Either the industry flinches or the people do and I doubt it will be the people. Little or NO money coming in means exactly that and nobody gets paid all the way down to the janitor.

We need a big crash in the industry it has to die in a fire asap. I'm not going to give money to people that hate me and neither would anyone else. I haven't watched tv shows for a long time they are all crap just gawk at the local woke news every once in a while. Star wars is DEAD don't even waste your brain cells on it. My only regret is I wish I had not executed all those new in box star wars action figures in the early 80's with a slingshot after getting bored with them.

The truly sick part is that investors/execs at major companies are so insulated by their little bubbles that they can't see how "Get Woke, Go Broke" is not only real, it's becoming the norm. Look at major league sports in the US for a prime example of that. They likely won't even accept it's real until the financial realities bite them in the ass like they did for the NBA and NFL. This is also the same company who's VP said, "Don't like it? Don't buy it."

So I'm going to take that advice again and watch the epic disaster that unfolds with about $60 extra dollars in my wallet. Plus it's supposedly a PS5 exclusive; anything to do with Soyny these days is poison in my book. I simply refuse to deal with a company so invested in "California Business" (hopelessly woke, in other words).

Ah! The adventure that is Sims 3! Oh, EA screwed that game up right from the beginning, but that was all corporate greed to rush a broken product to market and "maybe" patch fix it later. But when Nraas came along and actually did fix 90% of the broken crap, EA just turned our bust EP after busted EP and people bought them. I was a late comer, FYI, but still bought the broken games. But it is NOT broke because of woke!!! Really can't woke TS3! Today, Harley Quinn goes bowling. Afterwards, she'll have a drink or 10 and probably rape the barmaid! Thanks to several mods, should the mood hit, she can also bludgeon the barmaid to death, or just shoot her! )))

WOKE THAT!!!

Screenshot-168.jpg.97cea367b8519f229ac2dcfbdfaf4340.jpg

On 9/10/2021 at 10:48 AM, jxm said:

Complaining about such things on a franchise that featured characters like Leia (a female leader of the Rebellion), Mon Mothma (THE female LEader of the Rebellion)...

Female characters aren't woke, they have always existed. It's only woke when you bring gender identity into it and pretend they're great simply for being female.

...Lando (suave charming black skinned hero that became beloved by the fans) and has a multi-racial alliance of black, white, green, blue, male, female life forms against a fascist Empire...

Again, black characters are not woke. And these characters aren't "black" or "white" anyway, they're just aliens who resemble humans.

...with one of the main villains choking his pregant wife...

So what are you saying, double-homicide? That Star Wars is pro-life now?

But seriously, people are upset because one of the writers is legitimately a misandrist who admitted she never liked KOTOR, thinks the Last Jedi Is actually a good film, and has an infantile obsession with defeating the so-called patriarchy. It would be one thing if she simply held those beliefs and kept them separate from her work but we all know that these people can't help themselves.

>Star Wars is pro socialist/communism leftist cancer bullshit because Leia and Lando were characters in the Original Trilogy

God i love that, nothing identifies human being as a complete brainlet more than uttering that line.

Thank fuck i was never a big fan of Star Wars ( Honorverse/Starfire 4 life baby ) because otherwise i would stroke the fuck out from reading such absolute total retardation.

12 hours ago, _DingleBerry_ said:

That Star Wars is pro-life now?

One of the things i liked about SW ( even not being a huge fan ) was the underlining ambiguity - you could make and people did made a reasonable case against/for both Republic, Empire, Sith, Dark/Light side etc.

And i fucking despise modern pink haired trigger happy idiots for distiling that to a idiotic black and white "Republic good Empire bad" bullshit.

*sigh*

Out of curiosity I checked out her twitter, and I wonder if she gets off on being triggered and raping other people's fond dreams and memories. If this is going to be the norm going forward, then mabey the pandemic isnt such a bad thing? Hell why not global thermonuclear war? You see it in other animal life all the time, a population reaches critical mass *zoom* something bad happens (usually disease) then said population is reduced to a managable amount and everything turns dandy again. Been a while since humanity accidentaly kicked the NES reset button, but i think we are getting close.

4 hours ago, ztuck said:

*sigh*

Out of curiosity I checked out her twitter, and I wonder if she gets off on being triggered and raping other people's fond dreams and memories. If this is going to be the norm going forward, then mabey the pandemic isnt such a bad thing? Hell why not global thermonuclear war? You see it in other animal life all the time, a population reaches critical mass *zoom* something bad happens (usually disease) then said population is reduced to a managable amount and everything turns dandy again. Been a while since humanity accidentaly kicked the NES reset button, but i think we are getting close.

You read my mind.

• 2 weeks later...