IGNORED

Gossip | A fame framework

8 hours ago, Koozie said:

Hello

if I'm correct I can add fame faction using this function
Function AddFameForTracking(Faction Fame)
    FormListAdd(none, "GIP.FameFactions", Fame)
endfunction

After this, fame with this faction would dicrease by your mod and I need only to mod this value from my mod to change it? Also i see your function to mod fame depence on intfame like this 

int Function ModFameInCurLocation(int fame, int Amt) Global
    SendFameEvent("Gossip_ModFameCurLocation", Fame, Amt)
endfunction

it's possible to get in easy way on what intfame my mod fame was added? Or i need to use 

form[] Function GetFameFactions() Global
    return StorageUtil.FormListToArray(none, "GIP.FameFactions")
endfunction

and compare this with form of my fame and get array place of it?

I uploaded a version where the add functions now return the index. Thanks for pointing out the oversight ^.^

Hi. 

I may be using this mod in a far future, but English is not my mother language and I have some trouble understanding some concepts. 

What's the difference between a whore and a slut? 

To me, many of these words seem to be synonymous because I don't know the language subtleties that make every single of them different. 

Also, if you have too much sex you will eventually be known as a filthy sex addict, am I right? It's not like a modder has control over how these values are changed. 

Let's say, for example... I want to make a mod where sexual extortion is a thing, so it would be illogical for my targets to be bragging around I fucked them. 

Thanks in advance. 

Any chance of putting the fame levels into global variables (per fame type) that automatically change with the PCs current location (like SLSF does)? This would make it very easy for fame dialogue authors with poor/limited programming skills (like me) to use simple dialogue conditions to trigger fame-based dialogue, and also to trigger (via simple script fragments attached to such conditioned dialogue) simple fame-based SL events. If so, mods like SLSF Fame Comments could be easily adapted to check fame levels from both the SLSF framework and the Gossip framework.

Also, will the Gossip mod increment these fame levels based on activities (like SLSF does for most of its fame types), or is it just a framework for other mods to increment and check levels?

1 minute ago, Gristle said:

Any chance of putting the fame levels into global variables (per fame type) that automatically change with the PCs current location (like SLSF does)? This would make it very easy for fame dialogue authors with poor/limited programming skills (like me) to use simple dialogue conditions to trigger fame-based dialogue, and also to trigger (via simple script fragments attached to such conditioned dialogue) simple fame-based SL events. If so, mods like SLSF Fame Comments could be easily adapted to check fame levels from both the SLSF framework and the Gossip framework.

Also, will the Gossip mod increment these fame levels based on activities (like SLSF does for most of its fame types), or is it just a framework for other mods to increment and check levels?

The values for the current region are stored in factions on the player, so you can check for those. The values will ALWAYS be from 0-100.

It currently increases fame levels via equipment state, in the same way SLSF does, with the exception there is no way to add custom tattoo checks(coming later). And it will also decrease fame based on MCM settings. Also gains fame when a sexlab scene ends, and during climax events from toys. 

10 minutes ago, Papitas said:

Hi. 

I may be using this mod in a far future, but English is not my mother language and I have some trouble understanding some concepts. 

To me, many of these words seem to be synonymous because I don't know the language subtleties that make every single of them different. 

Also, if you have too much sex you will eventually be known as a filthy sex addict, am I right? It's not like a modder has control over how these values are changed. 

Let's say, for example... I want to make a mod where sexual extortion is a thing, so it would be illogical for my targets to be bragging around I fucked them. 

Thanks in advance. 

A whore is someone who exchanges money for sex.

A slut is someone who enjoys sex and will do it just to do it.

The difference being that a whore will have sex for money but may not enjoy sex. 

And mods do have control over values, as they can add/remove fame as they like. The base functions of fame gain/decay can both be turned off independently so other mods can handle that on their own if they prefer a more advanced way of doing it.

5 minutes ago, Papitas said:

I'll take a shot at this one. The common meaning of "whore" is the same as "prostitute," meaning someone who has sex with someone else in return for money or something else of value. The common meaning of "slut" is someone who has had a large number of sexual partners, or who otherwise makes herself or himself more available for sex than social norms dictate. The terms overlap, however, in that the word "whore" is not exclusively used to mean a paid prostitute.  It is also often used as a harsh insult to refer to a person that is giving themselves away sexually, especially to a large number of sexual partners, even if no payment is involved.  

23 minutes ago, SkyLover37 said:

The values for the current region are stored in factions on the player, so you can check for those. The values will ALWAYS be from 0-100.

Thank you and apologies. I see now the refence to factions in the description. My bad. I assume I'll recognize the appropriate factions when I scroll through the faction list in the Creation Kit, but let me know if there's anything else I need to know. It should be a simple matter then for me to modify the SLSF Fame Comments mod to check Gossip fame levels as well. I'm checking faction levels for PC arousal levels now and that seems to work fine. Also, it sounds like I can use the same fame level value triggers for all existing comments, as the current ones are scaled on SLSF's 0-100 scale. 

Also, looking forward to writing new comments for some of the new fame types.

Edited by Gristle

Thanks to both of you! 

Now I have more questions xD

• What's exactly a bimbo?
  • I know you said you added all keywords you wanted and that we could easily add our own, but may I suggest one that is clearly in line with what 90% of mods in here do? A "Victim" tag. A tag we could use when being too much raped an humiliated. 
1 minute ago, Gristle said:

Thank you and apologies. I see now the refence to factions in the description. My bad. I assume I'll recognize the appropriate factions when I scroll through the faction list in the Creation Kit, but let me know if there's anything else I need to know. It should be a simple matter then for me to modify the SLSF Fame Comments mod to check Gossip fame levels as well. I'm checking faction levels for PC arousal levels now and that seems to work fine. Also, it sounds like I can use the same fame level value triggers for all existing comments, as the current ones are scaled on SLSF's 0-100 scale. 

Yea, my description is not well written. I am not good at that. But that should be all you need. 

38 minutes ago, Papitas said:

Thanks to both of you! 

Now I have more questions xD

• What's exactly a bimbo?
  • I know you said you added all keywords you wanted and that we could easily add our own, but may I suggest one that is clearly in line with what 90% of mods in here do? A "Victim" tag. A tag we could use when being too much raped an humiliated. 

Bimbo: An attractive but unintelligent or frivolous young woman.

And a victim tag would be outside the scope of the mod. By that I mean the victim tag would be applicable to a lot of mods that wouldn't require gossip. The anonymous keyword was already outside the scope of gossip as well, but it was 100% needed.  Keywords like victim and anonymous would be better off in bakas arousal mod

Edited by SkyLover37
9 hours ago, Barka said:

"the book of gossips" is added every time I load from save and now I have a whole bunch of them. When trying to read data from a book, nothing is displayed.

FIxing the issue of the gossip book being added every load now. As for the second issue, do you have uiExtensions?

7 hours ago, Glazed_Golden said:

Is compatible with Fall of Dragonborn, or there a way to use this inplace Sexlab Fame?

Yes and no. Yes in that anything in FotD that used fame can be converted. No in that I am still deciding on how to handle the equip checking being used by other mods. So there is no way currently to retrieve the result of the equip check from gossip. That said, it uses the keywords on clothes anyway, so you can check for wornkeyword in conditions just the same as you could check for has effect from SLSF.

2 hours ago, LostDremoraDream said:

Is there a way someone could help me figure out how to hook this into affinity? Or Spectator Crowds? Or trigger those comments you'd get from NPCs if you walked around naked? Something simple and vanilla I hope...

Maybe there's a way to hook it into Skyrim Reputation too... would that be a good mix? 

All fame values for the region the DB is in is stored in factions on the player, so check the faction rank via conditions for most things. And until I look more into skyrim reputation, I see no reason why 2 fame mods that handle SFW and NSFW content would need to talk to each other. I assume it would be up to a mod author to make use of the values from both frameworks.

10 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

FIxing the issue of the gossip book being added every load now. As for the second issue, do you have uiExtensions?

Yes i have it. 

In general, the book works the first time you start the mod. After the next game load, it no longer works.

By the way, I want to say thank you for the mod and its development. I love these immersive mods and a special thank you for supporting Baka keywords

Edited by Barka
9 minutes ago, Barka said:

Yes i have it. 

In general, the book works the first time you start the mod. After the next game load, it no longer works.

By the way, I want to say thank you for the mod and its development. I love these immersive mods and a special thank you for supporting Baka keywords

I am not having the issue of it not loading. Does the book have the icon that indicates it's been read before active? Try using the attached script to see if it fixes the issue.

GIP_PlayerTracker.pex

57 minutes ago, SkyLover37 said:

All fame values for the region the DB is in is stored in factions on the player, so check the faction rank via conditions for most things. And until I look more into skyrim reputation, I see no reason why 2 fame mods that handle SFW and NSFW content would need to talk to each other. I assume it would be up to a mod author to make use of the values from both frameworks.

Okay so if I understand correctly, the faction rank will determine whether or not the player would be seen as hostile, ally, acquaintance, etc correct?
If that's the case, my suggestion at bringing up Skyrim Reputation is redundant. 

Just now, LostDremoraDream said:

Okay so if I understand correctly, the faction rank will determine whether or not the player would be seen as hostile, ally, acquaintance, etc correct?
If that's the case, my suggestion at bringing up Skyrim Reputation is redundant. 

Yes and no? this is NSFW fame. the fame goes from 0-100 for each category and the values only have meaning within mods that utilize them. So yes in the fact that a mod author could make a mod that worked in that sense, no in the fact that gossip does not natively do it.

2 hours ago, Barka said:

Thanks, but the script didn't help. But I have new inputs: I can only watch rumors in Dawnstar, elsewhere - the book is empty

Ok, so I see the issue with the fame only showing in dawnstar. A quirk with papyrus I guess. However, after fixing that I found that the current implementation of the book doesn't work with how uiextensions works. So I am working on a.. somewhat crude implementation, with a better version coming at some point later.

18 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

Yes and no. Yes in that anything in FotD that used fame can be converted. No in that I am still deciding on how to handle the equip checking being used by other mods. So there is no way currently to retrieve the result of the equip check from gossip. That said, it uses the keywords on clothes anyway, so you can check for wornkeyword in conditions just the same as you could check for has effect from SLSF.

Alright, I was curious I am still fortunate enough to have the Sexlab Fame file after it got deleted. I guess now the question is will it cause the game to have a hissy fit if I decide to have both active, or would I do better to salvage one for the other?

5 hours ago, Glazed_Golden said:

Alright, I was curious I am still fortunate enough to have the Sexlab Fame file after it got deleted. I guess now the question is will it cause the game to have a hissy fit if I decide to have both active, or would I do better to salvage one for the other?

It  won't cause a problem. But keep in mind there is no real reason to have gossip in the load order until you have a mod that needs it. Gossip is not a drop in replacement for SLSF.