IGNORED

Skyrin 10th aniversary edition?

From what I can tell, we don't know  for sure yet, but it looks like it's going to just be SE with a boatload of bundled CC stuff- if that's the case, since  it's just SE, mods should be  fine. 

That said? this  is Bethesda. I wouldn't  put it past them to do something that makes the current mods incompatible to try and push more CC sales. 

I would imagine that the new release would probably give the SKSE team fits...if there still around. Also since their with Microsoft now maybe there's tweaks or fixes to the Havok system since Microsoft owns it.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'm imagining they would simply turn the CC content into an additional plugin, similar to the DLCs. IMO that would be the "smartest" way to do it. I don't see why that would cause any inherent issues, but I'm also not an expert. Hopefully the worst would be needing a merged patch to make things play nice. If it breaks everything, I'll probably just stay on SE. With ES6 only a few years away, I doubt modders will take the time to update their mods, especially since Nexus is in a very unstable situation right now.

This is just toddy selling skyrim AGAIN and since F76 actually brings in money because PT barnum was right, you can expect another version of skyrim for sale soon as well.

I hope we get some other site or two out of all this nexus vidya card shilling crap. Hopefully someone starts another site and it is just mods and boards for everyone leaving there but hope is not a winning strategy.

I just hope they will not update the main .exe files and such, or some plugins will be made unusable due to SKSE incompatibility...
But since it is going to have the fishing mechanics, I assume it will impact the main skyrim and update .esm files. Plus the mechanics itself will also have some impact on certain mods. In other words, I'm guessing this update is going to screw up pre-existing modded Skyrim games of many users. Either way, making a backup prior to update should be considered............OH WELL, there goes copying 250GB Skyrim with mods.

Also just realized, how many of the CC things will be .esp / .esm / .esl files, maybe bethesda merged them together into a single plugin so it doesnt screw up mod space? I hope they will give us detailed info on this before releasing the update.

Edited by Inquizit0r
28 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It's not really a 10th anniversary edition - it's a 5th anniversary edition as it is SE. :classic_ph34r:

Shut up! Do not give Todd new ideas!

It will do the:

* 10th years original anniversary edition

* 5th year special edition anniversary edition

* 10th ^ 2 anniversary edition of the original anniversary edition

* 5th ^ 2 anniversary edition of the special edition anniversary edition

* the special edition of the original anniversary edition

* the 10th anniversary edition of the special edition of the original anniversary edition

* the jointed edition for 50 years of original and special editions

and the most critical:

* the random edition that will be published when there is no real reason to republish the game

58 minutes ago, CPU said:

Shut up! Do not give Todd new ideas!

It will do the:

* 10th years original anniversary edition

* 5th year special edition anniversary edition

* 10th ^ 2 anniversary edition of the original anniversary edition

* 5th ^ 2 anniversary edition of the special edition anniversary edition

* the special edition of the original anniversary edition

* the 10th anniversary edition of the special edition of the original anniversary edition

* the jointed edition for 50 years of original and special editions

and the most critical:

* the random edition that will be published when there is no real reason to republish the game

Skyrim the 16x the detail anniversary edition.

8 hours ago, mma75online said:

from Microsoft don't expect much

I looked closely again at the Microsoft Flight Sim since I'm not going to pay thousands of dollars to X-Plane for a complete game. While the Microsoft Version doesn't have as much paid 'DLC', the complaints on the sim's performance is not worth the purchase. If one of the Microsoft flagship IP's isn't running for shit - I doubt they would bring anything to the table with Bethesda.

3 hours ago, trstngllrdo said:

Same game and same experience. Re-release of the game with better graphics = profit.

I'd rather wait for Elder Scrolls 6 tbh.

Elder Scrolls 6 is Skyrim 2. 

Here some ideas for Todd: 

>makes Skyrim world bigger, and with bigger cabbage farms

>makes the cities bigger, but no improvement on the npcs models and AI

>implement a system of open fairs with microtransactions and gambling boxes

>make navmesh even more complicated with a second level of navmeshing so players give up in adding content

>make the AI more dumb and complicated to deal with, with them travelling through walls like in Cyberjunk 2077

>implement survival mode and farm tycoon simulator, where you buy farms and keep farming all day long

>implement a opaque low-contrast filter with yellow and purple tones, like the industry is doing everywhere

>implement chromatic aberration and let the background blurry by default, like the industry is doing everywhere 

>do a half-arsed implementation of meme tracing so the game is on level with Cyberjunk 2077

>includes Atmora in Elder Scrolls 6, all with vanilla assets and the same comic horned helmets

>keeps Solstheim empty and half-made, ignore all the other provinces

>make the game multiplayer with paid servers and requiring constant connection to the internet

>full monetization of modding platforms, and mods sold on gambling boxes inside the game

>more gatekeeping so nobody make any real content and mods are only tweaks and utilities

>a statue of Todd in every town, so players are reminded who is in charge

Edited by Wolfstorm321

It can be ESO 2, and we all be disappointed.

Or it can never happen and we will get the Special Special Special Edition on 64 bits, AVX2 and TMP2 to work natively on Windows11

Well, it depends also if they still remain with Steam DRM or take over Microsoft DRM - if they take over MS DRM almost anything gets broken - no ENB, SKSE, FNIS, XPMSE skeleton - something else I forgot?

And if they really re-compile the main binaries, at least SKSE gets very likely broken.

But I believe this is just old wine in new bottles.

10 hours ago, mma75online said:

from Microsoft don't expect much, anything huge I think will be save to Elder Scrolls 6 ... I just hope any new versions work for PCs  not to be exclusive for Xbox OR make Xbox first then PCs versions after 2 or 3 years  

https://www.engadget.com/bethesda-10th-anniversary-edition-skyrim-084030796.html, It'll be released to all of the consoles (save Switch) and PC at the same time.

To me it seems Bethesda is like and old sports star still living in the glory years never really giving up the past. Elder-scrolls 6 is a promise of a location nobody cares about the point of sequel games is to top the last one. The only location that would top Skyrim and story would be Akavir home of the dragons as would make sense in timeline as you in " vanilla Skyrim" are a dragon slaying bad ass and part Dragon... Why in the literal fuck would you not go to Akavir as the whole Elder-scrolls series leads to it... So we get some re-fried Skyrim again and the hope of some shithole called Hammerfell  for a new game... Bethesda stop going by way of the dodos and wake the fuck up.

11 hours ago, Inquizit0r said:

I just hope they will not update the main .exe files and such, or some plugins will be made unusable due to SKSE incompatibility...
But since it is going to have the fishing mechanics, I assume it will impact the main skyrim and update .esm files. Plus the mechanics itself will also have some impact on certain mods. In other words, I'm guessing this update is going to screw up pre-existing modded Skyrim games of many users. Either way, making a backup prior to update should be considered............OH WELL, there goes copying 250GB Skyrim with mods.

Also just realized, how many of the CC things will be .esp / .esm / .esl files, maybe bethesda merged them together into a single plugin so it doesnt screw up mod space? I hope they will give us detailed info on this before releasing the update.

I thought it was going to be another "edition", not an update?

9 hours ago, NymphoElf said:

I thought it was going to be another "edition", not an update?

I do believe as much it will be just an "upgrade" to SSE, sort of another optional DLC. So, I picture it being like this on Steam, but hey, its just my guess.

Skyrim Anniversary Edition (Bundle that will include the following):
-Skyrim Special Edition

-Skyrim Anniversary DLC upgrade

24 minutes ago, Inquizit0r said:

I do believe as much it will be just an "upgrade" to SSE, sort of another optional DLC. So, I picture it being like this on Steam, but hey, its just my guess.

Skyrim Anniversary Edition (Bundle that will include the following):
-Skyrim Special Edition

-Skyrim Anniversary DLC upgrade

My guess it will be exactly the same game with maybe (big maybe) just a new logo.