IGNORED

Nexus' Sales Pitch

desperate.PNG.5dbf11e93a45c5433a0853ba20bcd994.PNG

Win an RTX 3070 Ti and more with Republic of Gamers UK at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Their act of propitiation? Changing along with the world, I see.

*And in case we didn't know the real reason (of course we did):

An important notice and our future plans for collections at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

lollygagging.jpg.0607bb082646747f5d8dc4c197f0f248.jpg

Edited by stingray1995

On the other hand, Nexus is offering chances for prizes for screenshots. Given the high quality of many of these found on LL it seems reasonable to me that some of those people might want to take a shot. Unless, of course, they believe that Nexus' use of screenshots they took from 3rd party games might violate their rights.

Upload something we will keep forever and you might win something you can use for a few years. Fair trade. With the stupid prices in the GPU market though maybe toss them a new follower mod to get in the running as they seem to have a shortage of those especially female

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

On the other hand, Nexus is offering chances for prizes for screenshots. Given the high quality of many of these found on LL it seems reasonable to me that some of those people might want to take a shot. Unless, of course, they believe that Nexus' use of screenshots they took from 3rd party games might violate their rights.

Adult content isn't allowed from the look of it

Weird really in a game that by default comes with a kill move were you decapitate an NPC showing a nipple is considered "adult"

14 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Adult content isn't allowed from the look of it

Weird really in a game that by default comes with a kill move were you decapitate an NPC showing a nipple is considered "adult"

1856720591_freethenips.PNG.e12c116c7c3a864fd3ef3d2346ff1a2b.PNG

#FREE THE NIPPLES

I can see some people falling for this contest. Especially given the mentioned shortages and high prices for GPUs. So many people have to have TLAG (The Latest And Greatest). Which explains why Apple is doing so well despite their anti-consumer practices, their proprietary everything, and now the blatant privacy violations "for the good of the children."

3 hours ago, JRICH604 said:

Upload something we will keep forever and you might win something you can use for a few years. Fair trade. With the stupid prices in the GPU market though maybe toss them a new follower mod to get in the running as they seem to have a shortage of those especially female

Sadly the contest is going to have a 'curated' selection for the final random draw- so we can't just upload a bodyslide preset and  cross our fingers. Otherwise that's exactly what I'd do-  I don't really need a new GPU, but might as well take a stab at it for a low-effort generic ass follower mod that'll take me 10 minutes to spit out. 

It does seem like a fairly transparent move to bulk up their collection of really quality mods for their collections thing, but we'll have to see. 

20 minutes ago, CPU said:

You know that adult content cannot participate in the competition, do you?

It says its not allowed in the how to enter

How To Enter

1. Upload a mod that includes ROG elements for any game (mods containing adult content are excluded from the draw).

How To Enter

1. Upload an image for any game (adult content is excluded from the draw).
Edited by pinky6225
12 minutes ago, PhysicsPunk said:

They'd likely send some 680TI with the badge of 3070TI if they were following Bethesda's fashion ;)

then point out the chip shortage as the reason they are doing this and state, the 680TI is a proven solid proformer!

9 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

The LL staff has made it blatantly clear that Dark0ne is Jesus.

lol lot of jesus' in this world if basically saying not to call someone a fucking loser elevates to that status

1 hour ago, stingray1995 said:

stupid.PNG.f54676fdb352e5b6fe468c9b1d0c8e52.PNG

I bet those stupid mugs aren't even microwaveable ...

I love how 3rd place only gets a steam card, the other two prizes at least offer a physical item other then a tacky mug. And yeah it doesn't look microwaveable at all, looks like the paint might melt off.

7 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

lol lot of jesus' in this world if basically saying not to call someone a fucking loser elevates to that status

Scrutinizing the inscrutable doesn't mean I can't laugh at it.

Posted (edited)

Looks like they're hustling those mugs on there like Evette San hustles her Spiced Wine: Win MUG-nificent prizes in our Nexus Mods Trivia Quiz! at Nexus mods and community

stupid.PNG.53c92bdf7702f7025c745baf2f72e697.PNG

* Not enough time -- still looks kind of scruffy around the rim up there to me.  Do we have to pay for shipping and handling?

And, as if that wasn't enough for you, ElSopa went ahead and put it in the game: The Nexus Mug at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Edited by stingray1995

I'm glad I never went premium ...

stupid.PNG.bfb67d95877a35ff1b8d83c8e65397d0.PNG

* They are just drastically sinking to new lows on there.  It all came crashing down after the 'Collections' instigation.  Are they that surprised how many would be bailing the ship and watching it go down?  I'm waiting for their 'Merch' tab, even already looking for it, and a little surprised they aren't selling more mugs, making pens and posters for people. It's definitely within the realms of possibility.  And I guarantee there would be people buying them, synonymous with the people who are actually paying $70/year for the premium. That's a good bottle of 40% right there.