Old SexLab Submit - (Merge into the current Submit thread?)

Mod seems to work okay, but I have to rebind the activation key every time i load a save.  It saves the key bind, but it doesn't actually activate the spell unless i rebind the key.  I can bind it to the same key and it'll work.  Anyone else having this issue?  

Mod seems to work okay, but I have to rebind the activation key every time i load a save.  It saves the key bind, but it doesn't actually activate the spell unless i rebind the key.  I can bind it to the same key and it'll work.  Anyone else having this issue?  

Its a known issue and the one that is causing poor dkatryl the biggest headache I think :)

Its a general issue that you have to rebind the key whenever you install the mod and the issue you have has been seen in several cases (including my own) as well.

/me delurks

Nice mod. Quick question/request if I may?

Did the conversational submit option go away as a result of the stealth shout mechanism? The changelog seemed to say as much, but I wasn't sure.

If so, can I put the case for keeping it in? If only because it gives me a way to abuse slaves captured using Paradise Halls.

I know there's a sex addon for PAH, but it doesn't work with the latest version and I didn't much get on with it before that.

No, the dialog option is still there, just trimmed on some of the levels it previously had.

Before, there was:

00 = Submit, or die!, health <= 90%

01 = Raped(Robbed), no resist

10 = No rape(rob), resisted

11 = Raped(Robbed), previously resisted

XX = Follower Support for the 4 versions

00 = Coercion, health > 90%

With the addition of the Stealth mechanic, plus the larger RNG role in the initial submit mechanic, I felt the Coercion and the resisted options weren't really needed and was just extra things to maintain that weren't really necessary.

Now there is:

01 = Raped(Robbed)

XX = Follower Support for the 2 versions

I also added a "Kill the witness" option that is available on the 01 level, for the lulz. :P

Also, after a day (presumably in game time), their 01 raped/robbed designation is reset to 00, so if their health is > 90, you have to remind them who is boss again. :P

:dodgy: 

Its a known issue and the one that is causing poor dkatryl the biggest headache I think :)

Its a general issue that you have to rebind the key whenever you install the mod and the issue you have has been seen in several cases (including my own) as well.

I've never had to rebind it on a save that was made AFTER I rebound it, but on any older save, yes, I have to manually reset it again.  I am well aware of the issue.  :dodgy:  Oh, how it taunts me so...

It *was* going to be my chief focus after the last major update, but it seems since my idea on how to handle the "large group of hostile NPC's and they keep on attacking me" is working like a charm as of last night after only a few hours to set it up, I'll be releasing the player submit part first (Probably by this weekend) hopefully with the follower support as well.  I have an idea on that as well, but I want to finish the player part first, since if my idea works properly, the follower part will be based off the player part.

I think I found a way to keep the stupid bandits from wandering off in the middle of the submit scene, only to be yanked back like a yo-yo during each transition, but it was midnight when I finally got the stupid alias assignment working.  (Fun fact, an "Alias" property is not the same thing as a "ReferenceAlias" property, and the former doesn't recognize the ForceToRef function... wasted about an hour on that one, figured it out right before I had to stop for bed... :dodgy: )

But after that?  Oh yeah, that god damned Hotkey and me are gonna have words! :angry:

/me delurks

Did the conversational submit option go away as a result of the stealth shout mechanism? The changelog seemed to say as much, but I wasn't sure.

If so, can I put the case for keeping it in? If only because it gives me a way to abuse slaves captured using Paradise Halls.

I know there's a sex addon for PAH, but it doesn't work with the latest version and I didn't much get on with it before that.

No, the dialog option is still there, just trimmed on some of the levels it previously had.

Before, there was:

01 = Raped(Robbed), no resist

10 = No rape(rob), resisted

11 = Raped(Robbed), previously resisted

XX = Follower Support for the 4 versions

00 = Coercion, health > 90%

With the addition of the Stealth mechanic, plus the larger RNG role in the initial submit mechanic, I felt the Coercion and the resisted options weren't really needed and was just extra things to maintain that weren't really necessary.

Now there is:

01 = Raped(Robbed)

XX = Follower Support for the 2 versions

I also added a "Kill the witness" option that is available on the 01 level, for the lulz. :P

Also, after a day (presumably in game time), their 01 raped/robbed designation is reset to 00, so if their health is > 90, you have to remind them who is boss again. :P

I think he meant the "we should get to know each other" (or whatever the line was), they would say "nah, I dont think so" and we would either go "fine, you dont know what you're missing" or "how about you shut up and I dont have to hurt you(intimidate)". I do miss that one as well, it fits well with the slavery mods out there.

/me delurks

I think he meant the "we should get to know each other" (or whatever the line was), they would say "nah, I dont think so" and we would either go "fine, you dont know what you're missing" or "how about you shut up and I dont have to hurt you(intimidate)". I do miss that one as well, it fits well with the slavery mods out there.

Yeah, that's the one I meant.

I suppose I could add it back in and just add an MCM option to disable it for those that don't want it, sure.  I mainly removed it because I had seen some people complain about it being there, and I hadn't seen too many that said they liked it.

But hey, if people actually found it a nice addition, I can re-add it for the next update.  Easy peasy.

Quick question, sorry if it's already been asked, is this compatible with a multiple followers mod? The third option (to share the victim) doesn't work for me and it just shows me the victim's inventory.

After you do that, you then need to go talk to the follower you want to share them with.

Keep in mind, if your follower rejects the offer, it is because their morality is too high, so if you REALLY want to get crazy with that particular follower, you have to adjust the MCM Morality Setting higher.

Yeah, I talked to the follower, and they go " Ok, just this once" but then nothing happens :(

Yeah, I talked to the follower, and they go " Ok, just this once" but then nothing happens :(

Oh, then you are likely having the same GOD DAMMIT *THAT* IS WHY THE FUCKING THING ISN'T WORKING?!?!?!?!!! GAH!!!  :@  :angry:  :@  :angry:  :@ issue that I had when I was first testing it and nothing would work and I thought it was all wrong and everything.

And that is make sure that in your Sexlab Framework MCM configs, that you have at least one 3-way animations checked in the aggressive pool, (tricycle and devil's 3-way are the only 2 I think are currently available)

...yes, I've lost over an hour banging my head against my desk to realize that was the problem... :dodgy:

Edit:  On the main page under the Follower section, I added this:

• If you want to join in with your follower, you must make sure you have at least one valid "3-way" animation checked under the SexLab Framework's MCM option for aggressive animations. (i.e. Devil's 3-way, Tricycle) otherwise, no animation will play because all the others are only for 2 actors.

Oh, then you are likely having the same GOD DAMMIT *THAT* IS WHY THE FUCKING THING ISN'T WORKING?!?!?!?!!! GAH!!!  :@  :angry:  :@  :angry:  :@ issue that I had when I was first testing it and nothing would work and I thought it was all wrong and everything.

And that is make sure that in your Sexlab Framework MCM configs, that you have at least one 3-way animations checked in the aggressive pool, (tricycle and devil's 3-way are the only 2 I think are currently available)

...yes, I've lost over an hour banging my head against my desk to realize that was the problem... :dodgy:

Edit:  On the main page under the Follower section, I added this:

• If you want to join in with your follower, you must make sure you have at least one valid "3-way" animation checked under the SexLab Framework's MCM option for aggressive animations. (i.e. Devil's 3-way, Tricycle) otherwise, no animation will play because all the others are only for 2 actors.

lol, wow...I'm a dumbass :) Thanks for clearing everything up for me! and this makes the perfect mod for my bandit orc and his minions!

lol, wow...I'm a dumbass :) Thanks for clearing everything up for me! and this makes the perfect mod for my bandit orc and his minions!

No more than the mod author himself that got tripped up over the very same thing... :P

Both for myself to keep track of what's left and others interested in the progress, here's the 'Checklist' to adding in the much requested Player Submit:

1. Come up with working method that will disengage all nearby hostile NPCs with a single hotkey push, allowing one or two of them to have their way with the player.
  2. Fix the issue of the bandits wandering off on their previous AI package instead of standing around to beatdown/strip/rob/rape my poor test girl, making the scenes prior to the sex animation look all wonky.
  3. Apply the fix learned from #2 to when the player forces a NPC to submit, as they also suffer a bit of the "Let me keep walking while I'm being robbed!" :P
  4. Add this new feature to a Shift + Hotkey style combination like the Sexlab animation forward/backward hotkeys, as currently I am just repurposing the 'Submit Shout' hotkey for testing.
  5. Refine the target selection criteria to rule out certain NPC's as necessary.
  6. Play with it for a few nights to try to find wonky scenarios that I didn't envision that could break the mod.
  7. Add #1 and #2 to allow spill over enemy NPC's force themselves on your follower(s) (Due to difficulties getting this to work, this is being moved down to lowest priority)

As you can see, I am on #3.  Follower Surrender support will likely be in a later update.  I have tried various methods to try to get a follower to surrender of join in the debasement, but no matter what I've tried, they just stand idly by while my test girl gets worked over.  The good news is that your follower doesn't interfere by attacking or anything, they just simply don't join in if there are extra (previously) hostile NPC's milling about

Also to do before the next update:

• Re-add the Coercion dialog option along with a MCM option to turn it off for that that don't like cluttering up dialog trees on normal NPC's.
  • Add a MCM toggle to change the 'Shout' to more of a close quarter grapple/pummel to force an NPC to 'submit'.  For those that might prefer a slightly more difficult combat experience, as the cone radius of the Shout is very forgiving for targeting.

I'll update this post as I check things off.

I'm at work for the next several hours, so I won't be able to upgrade my Sexlab Framework to find out if the 1.10 version works with the current version of Submit or not.  Reading over Ashal's notes to modders, I already fully plan to convert over relevent parts to the new command style as necessary, but for the time being, I don't know if Submit's existing Sexlab command structure will work with 1.10.

Considering I have read report(s) of Defeat giving a CTD after sex plays, and suspect that is due to hooks, which my mod also uses, then I suspect mine may have the same issue.  Nothing I can do about it until tonight, in which case, I will try to come up with some kind of hotfix to address it for the time being until the next major update with the Player Submit feature is ready to go live, in which case, I will make the mod require Framework 1.10+.

The good news is, with 1.10 live, I can finally utilize the stripping animations that I've wanted to use since I knew about their development! :)

It works fine, at least for me.

Hopefully it will so I don't have to stop and make a hotfix patch mid-content, since I currently have a few functions dismantled while working on the player submit crap.

Of course, I could just tell people to use the MCM option to turn off the sex parts until the next update, as that is the only thing affected by the Framework versions.  :P The robbing/stealth/shout are all independent of the Framework.

I have run into this little bug a couple of times. I use my submit shout and it works (I always have debug mode turned on, thanks for that option), they kneel and I then approach to click on then. They give me the usual line "you shouldnt have come here" and then they attack me again. Its not because Im slow.

I noticed that every time this has happened, it has been on a super low level bandit, one of the ones that I litterally cant hit 1 more time after using the shout or they will die.

Are you sure they don't have any friends around?  No red dots on the radar?  If so, they will re-agro, which is intended.  In fact, even if you start in on them, if something attacks you and you enter combat mid-whatever, any remaining processes that haven't begun will abort.

On a side note, jeebus, getting the PLAYER to drop combat no matter how many bandits are around me (had up to 5 during my testing) and submit was easy as shit, and then get violated by 1 or 2, depending on the count.

But getting the follower to submit and get used by any excess spillover bandits is proving a royal pain in the ass.  Doofus just stands there no matter everything I've tried! :angry:

It just happened again, a super low level bandit. This time I checked and he has no friends nearby. There are some wolves nearby (I can hear them) but they are not on my radar yet and they havent aggroed.

EDIT:

He doesnt actually make any attacks though, he wanders around and says his fighting voice lines. Also, his axe is held backwards in his hand, so the head points to himself.

Then I don't know.  Level should have no bearing, as I don't check anything regarding that.  The only time I've had a bandit type not allow dialog to start is because they regained agro, generally either because of their friends or something else.

But if it's just me and a lone bandit type, I can't say I've run into that.

Here's the updated 'Checklist' to adding in the much requested Player Submit:

1. Come up with working method that will disengage all nearby hostile NPCs with a single hotkey push, allowing one or two of them to have their way with the player.
  2. Fix the issue of the bandits wandering off on their previous AI package instead of standing around to beatdown/strip/rob/rape my poor test girl, making the scenes prior to the sex animation look all wonky.
  3. Apply the fix learned from #2 to when the player forces a NPC to submit, as they also suffer a bit of the "Let me keep walking while I'm being robbed!" :P
  4. Make it so that player submission is initiated by pushing the submit button while your weapon is sheathed.
  5. Followers surrender and cower, getting stripped and giving currently worn gear + gold to random opponent that is abusing the player.
  6. Add MCM option to disable the surrender portion for those that don't care about it and don't want to accidently trigger it at an inopportune moment! :P
  7. Play with it for a few nights to try to find wonky scenarios that I didn't envision that could break the mod.
  8. Add #1 and #2 to allow spill over enemy NPC's force themselves on your follower(s) (Due to difficulties getting this to work, this is being moved down to lowest priority)

As you can see, I am on #7, which means now it's time to play test it a bit more.

As to #8, full 'Follower Surrender' support will likely be in a later update, if at all.  I'm personally fine with them just getting stripped and be done with it.  I have tried various methods to try to get a follower to surrender and join in the debasement, but no matter what I've tried, they just stand idly by while my test girl gets worked over.  And since my my biggest reservation with even undertaking this feature is getting bogged down over many nights on a feature that I don't even personally care that much about, eh, not seeing a driving need to spend much more time on it.

The good news is that your follower doesn't seem to interfere by attacking or anything, they just simply don't join in if there are extra (previously) hostile NPC's milling about.  For now, I just have your follower's currently equipped gear get stripped and stolen and placed in a random assailant's inventory.

Also to do before the next update:

• Re-add the Coercion dialog option along with a MCM option to turn it off for that that don't like cluttering up dialog trees on normal NPC's.
  • Add a MCM toggle to change the 'Shout' to more of a close quarter grapple/pummel to force an NPC to 'submit'.  For those that might prefer a slightly more difficult combat experience, as the cone radius of the Shout is very forgiving for targeting.

Now, normally, I would say that I would probably be ready for an update Wed or Thur night (unless I run across some major bug) but with Ashal releasing a new Framework, I haven't decided if I will release an update based on my as of yet non-updated Version 1.01 Framework, or download/install 1.11 first and change whatever is necessary first.  I'm leaning towards holding off until I do that, plus that will give me a bit more time seeing if the surrender crap breaks in bad ways.

Added a provision tonight where even if your weapon is sheathed, your character has to be considered "in combat" (so there needs to be a red dot on the radar) for it to trigger the surrender.  Otherwise, it will still default to the shout (or grapple if set to that option).  This is to help prevent accidental "oops, wrong button, SHIT! /reload" situations. :P

Good news is that I downloaded Framework 1.11b, and while there were some quirks to iron out with the Framework itself, it doesn't appear that there were any major ones relevant to the mod.  Looks like the biggest thing I am trying to iron out is sometimes the follower strips and loses her stuff, sometimes she doesn't.  Combat drops and it doesn't affect the player getting robbed/raped, it's just something to do with the follower.

So hopefully I can have the surrender update up later tonight or tomorrow.

We'll see.

So, does the submit shout just join the shout menu?

No, while it looks like FUS! and it acts like FUS! (complete with triggering the power cooldown and requiring it to be off cooldown), it is not actually a learned shout.  It's simply a hotkey you configure and push to use.

The next update will offer the option to, instead of using a shout, you attempt more of a close quarters grapple/pummel move to make them submit (which will also disarm the opponent's weapon and add it to your inventory).